Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:35:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149433 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Dans

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:07:29 AM

^^ Gird thy loins and read through this thread from the start...

Just for the record, Order number?

Oh believe me I've read both threads...i just figured it cant hurt to try, something is better than nothing.

My orders are in the low 1500's , though when i placed them i was promised specific ship dates as i was using these boxes as samples for a larger order i intended to place once i evaluated them.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3584
Merit: 2482

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:36:10 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 04:48:03 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

^^ Gird thy loins and read through this thread from the start...

Just for the record, Order number?

Oh believe me I've read both threads...i just figured it cant hurt to try, something is better than nothing.

My orders are in the low 1500's , though when i placed them i was promised specific ship dates as i was using these boxes as samples for a larger order i intended to place once i evaluated them.
Right now, for me and my budget Ants are the only real game in town (got 9 of them). They are hungrier and take up more room per-TH but they can be in-hand in days either direct from China or from many different resellers. Currently around $2400-2500/TH be they S1 or S2's.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:41:07 AM

I ordered 2 of the 1.2 Th boxes and 2 of the 3.2 Th boxes, my promised delivery dates have come and gone long ago and the ROI for these is probably gone at this point.

I just emailed them and asked for them to order me the equivalent Th worth of boxes from Cointerra (a box i know works, and is in stock for about 1/2 of what i paid AMT) and we will call it even.

I'm just hoping they make it right with their customers, this was just my way of asking for an out that seems like a no brainier to me.

Dan, someone will get back to you on Monday regarding the above. But we don't think we'll be ordering from cointerra. If anything we'll do quick board run in Switzerland (we'll find out on Monday as there is a shortage of components for that design in general after the chinese flooded the market with something similar). Our major issue had to do with our local SMD facility here in philly and the boards as well. We have also been running another design from one of our previous partners for the least week which some clients have already opted to receive instead. We're also looking into a scrypt trade off too.
Dans

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:48:55 AM

Dan, someone will get back to you on Monday regarding the above. But we don't think we'll be ordering from cointerra. If anything we'll do quick board run in Switzerland (we'll find out on Monday as there is a shortage of components for that design in general after the chinese flooded the market with something similar). Our major issue had to do with our local SMD facility here in philly and the boards as well. We have also been running another design from one of our previous partners for the least week which some clients have already opted to receive instead. We're also looking into a scrypt trade off too.

Thanks for the reply, that sounds great but it takes a lot of time to accomplish what you are suggesting.   I'd rather have some hash power now, or a refund...i don't see what the difference is with re-selling a product from X vs Y, especially if it can be shipped the same day you order it.

I'm just asking for the opportunity to part ways, in a way that we both benefit.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:09:14 AM

Thanks for the reply, that sounds great but it takes a lot of time to accomplish what you are suggesting.   I'd rather have some hash power now, or a refund...i don't see what the difference is with re-selling a product from X vs Y, especially if it can be shipped the same day you order it.

I'm just asking for the opportunity to part ways, in a way that we both benefit.

Someone will get back to you on Monday about that.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:23:25 AM

To AMT_Miners re: component shortages
Just be very very careful about picking 2nd/3rd sources for them! There is a reason there are so few prime component sources - quality and proven performance. Contrary to seemingly popular belief (at least among purchasing agents) any given component is NOT just like any other similar one from a different maker.

Properly vetted vendors of the components are to be respected and please avoid the grey-market at all costs. Counterfeit components are rife.

There may be components from 'other' sources that do the same thing but they are not necessarily really up to the task without heavy de-rating.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:29:07 AM

Just be very very careful about picking 2nd/3rd sources for them! There is a reason there are so few prime component sources - quality and proven performance. Properly vetted vendors of the components are to be respected and please avoid the grey-market at all costs. Counterfeit components are rife.

There may be components from 'other' sources that do the same thing but they are not necessarily really up to the task without heavy de-rating.

Yes we're well aware of that now. The components and the boards for the entire local (here in philly) production of the swiss design was ordered by the local (here in philly) SMD facility. Now we're doing it ourselves from digi, mouser and arrow.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:30:43 AM

+2 fer ya then!
Newark/Farnell and RS electronics are 2 others I sorcee from.
Night all.

rik_khaos

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:47:07 AM

Just be very very careful about picking 2nd/3rd sources for them! There is a reason there are so few prime component sources - quality and proven performance. Properly vetted vendors of the components are to be respected and please avoid the grey-market at all costs. Counterfeit components are rife.

Yes we're well aware of that now. The components and the boards for the entire local (here in philly) production of the swiss design was ordered by the local (here in philly) SMD facility. Now we're doing it ourselves from digi, mouser and arrow.

It's probably how they quoted you the prices that they did. Someone is always trying to cut corners and make a quick buck, this is just an industry where it becomes really obvious very quickly. Glad you're getting that all sorted out.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
subseaguru

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

I know the voices in my head aren't real.

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:58:19 AM

are the 500Gh/s miners working as advertised?

regtable69

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 12:49:11 PM

the original design of 2x amt bitmine boards fall short i.e 204*2=408ghs i believe to be down to bitmine saying cards will do 275 ghs. so as per consumer rights amt shipped 3* boards giving grand total of 612ghs nominal currently one board is dragging its heels after lobotomizing it to make it work but its pulling a good 570-600 average so no complaints. ironically mining btc the lobotomized card pulls 150-160ghs but mining bonus coin (bns) it works fine. little special needs card cant compute btc block data as good as it computes smaller packages lol. all in all working well. just the btc price and todays down time of local bitcoins holding roi back.

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
mrpark

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 02:53:37 PM

I also would also accept equivalent Antminers/refund instead of waiting even longer. It's been half a year already and I think it would the only fair thing to do.

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
mrpark

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:01:34 PM

It's nice to see that we are getting some communication for AMT.

It is encouraging even if I have a bit of pessimism and cynicism about the whole ordeal.

I do appreciate that AMT tried to make me whole by sending my miner when they did, though sadly the product didn't work as it was supposed to.
When I talked to Josh I could hear the frustration in his voice, though it didn't appear to be frustration with me as much as it was with the situation.

I didn't send my 3 non working boards for RMA yet. It looks like I should, according to the advice from AMT to other users, keep the three non-working boards in my possession.
This way they are able to take care of things and work on their compensation solution.

I am a bit dismayed that they are taking their frustrations out on customers who used methods well within their rights when no official responses were coming from the company.
That , to me at least, sounds childish and irresponsible as they pass the blame on to the customers.

Thats said they are absolutely right that issues within the supply chain are the most likely cause of the monumental clusterfuck that is this situation. But they had the candor to at least admit that they have lost at this point.

I wish them the best so that not only are my issues taken care of, as compensation in the from of upgrade or refund, but that all of their customers are made whole.

This may be a shit storm of katrina like proportions but we've all been weathering it together, and it is my hope that all off us stay afloat, even amt, so we can spring back as a more resilient community.

I'd like to thank opeium2 and ISAWHIM for all their help and technical knowledge that's been lended to this thread  and I hope we see this forum continue on with the honest discussion that they bring and welcome AMT to the discussion rather that taking a dump on them every time they play ground hog and pop their head out of their hole.

Also, I'm digging the design of the new board, you could certainly sign me up for that.

I find your experience ironic, because my miner also had 3 non-working board. Perhaps it was not the damage from shipping, but the boards were just bad. I hope AMT can come up come up with a good solution for us. Either a good solid working miner, another brand of miner or a refund. It's not an outlandish request.

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
subseaguru

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

I know the voices in my head aren't real.

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:29:55 PM

the original design of 2x amt bitmine boards fall short i.e 204*2=408ghs i believe to be down to bitmine saying cards will do 275 ghs. so as per consumer rights amt shipped 3* boards giving grand total of 612ghs nominal currently one board is dragging its heels after lobotomizing it to make it work but its pulling a good 570-600 average so no complaints. ironically mining btc the lobotomized card pulls 150-160ghs but mining bonus coin (bns) it works fine. little special needs card cant compute btc block data as good as it computes smaller packages lol. all in all working well. just the btc price and todays down time of local bitcoins holding roi back.
I appreciate the reply. with all the issues on all manufacturers with the exception of the ant's, i have been somewhat skeptical reluctant to try to make another purchase.

opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:54:01 PM

What is so fucking complicated about them issuing refunds, and letting people go out and buy what they want moving forward?

You need to go away too. You are not contributing anything but bitching at this point and you are not even a customer. We are all working things out with them and they already know the consequences....you are starting to sing the same tired song and have been for a while now. Let the people who are customers and have an invested interest work things out with them and you can go and troll another thread. Bitch on the users thread. Thats what its for. We want to encourage more communication from AMT on this thread. Your comments don't help here.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:02:13 PM

I appreciate the reply. with all the issues on all manufacturers with the exception of the ant's, i have been somewhat skeptical reluctant to try to make another purchase.

Bear in mind that regtible/mellboro's machine is one of the only confirmed machines that has worked pretty much as advertised out of the box. Hopefully they resolve the issues soon.
The thing that is not going as advertized is delivery so if you are thinking of investing in AMT use only money you are willing to never see again and assume that is what will happen and in the end, maybe you will be pleasantly surprised to have a miner show up on your door step sometime in the distant future.

My advice is as far as the bitcoin mining industry, never pre-order.

rik_khaos

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:32:23 PM

What is so fucking complicated about them issuing refunds, and letting people go out and buy what they want moving forward?

You need to go away too. You are not contributing anything but bitching at this point and you are not even a customer. We are all working things out with them and they already know the consequences....you are starting to sing the same tired song and have been for a while now. Let the people who are customers and have an invested interest work things out with them and you can go and troll another thread. Bitch on the users thread. Thats what its for. We want to encourage more communication from AMT on this thread. Your comments don't help here.

Shut the fuck up asshole.

You aren't a HERO around here to people that invested in AMT miners; just another AMT sympathizer hoping for the best.

Don't like what I have to say? Put me on ignore.

He's got a point sirminesalot. Not that I'd stop you from talking. Hell I don't don't even have the stupid obvious trolls on ignore.

But you're not really adding anything of value. If you have something constructive to share  by all means I'd love to hear it though.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:38:06 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 09:56:35 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

I 2nd the motion to never pre-order.

That said, random hardware thought regarding the mess over the A1, BFL's new chip, Hashfast's Golden Nonce and the others...

In all the forum bits I read on them nowhere is it mentioned that test or engineering sample chips were expressly produced. It is all "We finally have chips! <insert pic of a wafer in hands> Now we have to make them work..." Ehem, Why?

It is common practice to produce several design verification /engineering sample chips as part of another high volume chips wafer. When needed it is childsplay to set aside the needed area on the wafers and slip in the needed mask. The only reason not to do that is that yes it does 'cost extra' coupled with utter blind faith in the chip as 1st-designed. The ASICS being a stacked chip is irrelevant, just means more work (cost).

I take it that did not happen. If Bitmine/Innosilicon, BFL and others had even made a couple dozen chips to play with and see what they really have before taking orders the mining world would be a much happier place...

I do hope that the miner industry has learned from all this (though this is BFL's 2nd go at it and same results as their 65nm chip) Roll Eyes

mdiggy

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:42:06 PM

AMT-
It has been two months since my expected delivery date. My 2, 1.2th miners still haven't come. I could get 4th of power delivered to me today for the same price I spent on your 2. When will I receive my miners, and will the MPP actually happen?
rik_khaos

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:58:04 PM

So now I'm down to one working card. It seems that a chip decided to fry in my sleep the copper heat sink was hanging by the edge of the thermal tape and there is a very obvious burn on the tape.

As you can imagine I'm not too pleased. This was running in regular more with additional fans I purchased to aid in cooling.

From what AMT has revealed over the last day or so it appears they were aware of some manufacturing issues yet still sent out miners. That is quite distressing.

I was going to try to sit quietly, keeping an open mind and an even tone, but really this is too much.

I'm quite upset about these reasons

• It show how shoddily the product was made
  • they knowingly sent out products that were not properly built
  • the hardware doesn't work more than a few days without shitting out, making it a defective piece of shit, even when the boards do run. 
  • It poses a safety risk to my self and my family
So I'd really appreciate a response from AMT about how they are going about their refund process. As soon as possible. If anyone happens to know the name of AMTs lawyer I'd be happy to give them a call and ask any questions they'd be willing to answer.

I'd advise anyone running their hardware to be extra vigilant.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: