Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:31:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 [399] 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210685 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
saocodonls95

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 02:32:56 PM

Zoidberg,Please help this coin!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1blockologist

Activity: 505
Merit: 250

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2017, 10:12:29 PM

Nice name for a company - blockchain development company. Sounds like a real company name.

IBM stands for International Business Machines (est. 1911), decent inspiration alongside Computer Sciences Corporation (est. 1958)

I like to think of blockchains and the consensus models that support them as the next expansion of transistor state usage. so a company name homage to the longevity of ancestor companies is more fitting than the VC backed bubble company names. The name is what it does, going pretty well

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
▄███████████▀ ▄████████████████████████
██████████▀ ▄█████████████████████████▀
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  The first Peer to Peer Financial Content 
& Information Marketplace

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
TELEGRAM ■■ FACEBOOK ■■ TWITTER ■■ LINKEDIN
     MEDIUM ■■ YOUTUBE ■■ GITHUB ■■ BOUNTY
sKroXx

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 11:58:38 PM

Any upcoming update? What about masternodes?
LegendHero42

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 12:00:57 AM

Delisting of Poloniex has left behind some good buy opportunities and this one is one of them, I see a lot of potential in the whitepaper Grin
sKroXx

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:59:43 AM

I read it will include Masternodes in future update, when can we expect that?
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 10:05:01 AM

Where did you read this?

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:07:45 PM

And why on EARTH would you want to centralize the privacy into masternodes in a CN coin?  Terrible idea.  Masternodes are broken by design.
aikklond
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 04:30:07 PM

Where did you read this?

Any luck with poloniex contact?
Molenta

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 04:36:57 PM

Devfee 0,5% should be included in mining, so development would take time to conquer all obsticles here.
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:19:03 AM

Not surprised Poloniex decided to delist this.. they clearly saw through the "roadmap" consisting of masternodes on a CN coin (lol) and the questionable decision to change the ticker to XBB
travisbone5

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:22:40 AM

Not surprised Poloniex decided to delist this.. they clearly saw through the "roadmap" consisting of masternodes on a CN coin (lol) and the questionable decision to change the ticker to XBB

And how did that even happen? The coins themselves are interchangeable, right?
Jumanji7

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 09:06:32 AM

Guy I knew Poloniex is going to delist BBR from their exchange.

Contact BLOCK devs here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=829576.0

They are releasing decentralized exchange in 2 months. You can list BBR there and trade against any crypto. Nobody can delist coins from Block`s platform.
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 12:49:18 PM

Just got a response from Polo:

Hi Crypto Zoidberg,

Unfortunately from time to time we must make a call whether to keep a market or to remove it. I am afraid that there is not a single metric that we use but rather several factors that weigh in to this final decision. As much as we would like to keep the markets that we chose to list, it is inevitable that some will have to be removed at some point. I am afraid BBR is one of these on this occasion.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience but once a decision is made by Management on such matters it will ultimately not be reversed.

Best regards,

Kevin
Poloniex Support

So, let's figure out if there is a life after exchange.

Zoidberg

b4h4mu7

Activity: 337
Merit: 315

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 04:18:01 PM

Just got a response from Polo:

Hi Crypto Zoidberg,

Unfortunately from time to time we must make a call whether to keep a market or to remove it. I am afraid that there is not a single metric that we use but rather several factors that weigh in to this final decision. As much as we would like to keep the markets that we chose to list, it is inevitable that some will have to be removed at some point. I am afraid BBR is one of these on this occasion.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience but once a decision is made by Management on such matters it will ultimately not be reversed.

Best regards,

Kevin
Poloniex Support

So, let's figure out if there is a life after exchange.

Zoidberg

It should come as no surprise that Poloniex would delist Boolberry. They have always had a major bias towards any competition to XMR. During the last pump they banned users who stood up to fluffpony's XBB insults and let him rant in the trollbox with free reign. I personally can't find any logical explanation from a business perspective why they would delist Boolberry but keep some of the other projects like EMC2.. Boolberry was on an upward trend, trading in the 40k range before they announced their delisting schedule and the volume was decent in the 200BTC range.. usually delisting comes with coins that can't maintain consistent volume.

In my opinion, Poloniex is ran by an incompetent management team, particularly a guy who majored in music. Bittrex still lists Boolberry under XBB ticker and is ran by the both head of Amazon and Microsoft's cybersecurity departments. Boolberry wallet was disabled on Polo for over a month before anyone reached out to fix. Again in my opinion Poloniex functions as a ponzi exchange. They don't have any fiat pairings yet they impose fiat restrictions on their withdrawals. For those grandfathered into Bittrex, there aren't any withdrawal limits. Bittrex is the future for centralized altcoin exchanges, not Poloniex. They're also adding fiat pairings as soon as they clear with licensing.

crypto_zoidberg:

All this said, crypto_zoidberg you've neglected this project pretty heavily during the last few years.. most of the original holders have given up hope on you, but there is a new vibrant community growing here that would like to see this project succeed. You've had ample opportunity to recommit to this project especially after each of the major pumps that have came around. I don't think anyone will become apart of your other project after they've seen how you've driven this one into the ground. In October, you said all your work from now on will be related to the Boolberry project... its now 8 months later and we haven't seen anything but empty promises and fighting with new contributors about trivial shit like ticker change to XBB (which is far more professional than BBR). I even donated 20k XBB to you when it was being trading in the 30k range which is a substantial amount and still nothing..

What this project needs now is more development. Clintar2 is working with 1block and according to them, they have a working version of LMDB. Why not help them move this forward faster and look at merging some of the many improvements made from the Bytecoin project? Maybe it would be quicker to make a new fork of Bytecoin and merge your Boolberry improvements for Boolberry 2.0. We'd get a slew of protocol level improvements along with useability improvements to the GUI. For someone of your caliber this wouldn't take long.

The future is great for Boolberry and this delisting represents a buying opp for those that missed the other entries at this range. One major hack and volume will move from Poloniex to Bittrex just like it has from countless other exchanges over the years. By looking at who is in charge of security at Poloniex that won't be long. The real focus here should be Boolberry 2.0 and how do we get there from here.
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 04:47:41 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2017, 04:58:17 PM by DrkLvr_

Good post but for now Poloniex is the main altcoin exchange by far. it seems especially for the older coins it's a lot of work for them to change the ticker. this stupid unnecessary ticker change created nothing but confusion (having 2 tickers on 2 exchanges) and with all the work needed, it was easier for Poloniex to simply delist it. same story with MYR.. i bet both coins would still be listed if not for the ticker change requests

I don't agree that Polo is biased against coins competing with XMR.. had they shut down fluffy's criticism people would be complaining about censorship.. also the chat mods are not managers and dont make any decisions. so are you saying this bias is part of their training then? just... no.

your comments about zoidberg are spot on
teknohog

Activity: 519
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 05:09:56 PM

this stupid unnecessary ticker change created nothing but confusion (having 2 tickers on 2 exchanges)
Agreed. The X prefix seems important to some people, making the coin seem like established currencies like XAU. But the one coin that seriously competes with XAU is still better known as BTC than XBT or whatever. I think it shows that cryptocurrencies stand on their own and have no need to bend to the old world rules.

world famous math art | masternodes are bad, mmmkay?
Every sha(sha(sha(sha()))), every ho-o-o-old, still shines
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 11:48:43 PM

Good post but for now Poloniex is the main altcoin exchange by far. it seems especially for the older coins it's a lot of work for them to change the ticker. this stupid unnecessary ticker change created nothing but confusion (having 2 tickers on 2 exchanges) and with all the work needed, it was easier for Poloniex to simply delist it. same story with MYR.. i bet both coins would still be listed if not for the ticker change requests

I don't agree that Polo is biased against coins competing with XMR.. had they shut down fluffy's criticism people would be complaining about censorship.. also the chat mods are not managers and dont make any decisions. so are you saying this bias is part of their training then? just... no.

your comments about zoidberg are spot on

1 exchange now, no more confusion! Am I allowed to joke about that?

It isn't work for them to change ticker symbols, NEM did it easily to XEM. Poloniex's issues more likely came from RAM requirements. They typically segregate all daemons onto separate compute nodes, and getting high RAM nodes would be an abberation and time consuming to set up. Other cryptonote coins that didn't implement database have been kicked off too, like XDN in the last culling.

bi-weekly coming soon

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 11:50:23 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2017, 12:21:48 AM by 1blockologist

And why on EARTH would you want to centralize the privacy into masternodes in a CN coin?  Terrible idea.  Masternodes are broken by design.

hahaha no no, the only goal was to compensate the most well connected full nodes, instead of only mining nodes. incentivizing people to create more well connected full nodes.

whether you call this masternodes (seen on dash), supernodes (seen on XEM), treasury (seen on Ethereum) is irrelevant. there was no plan to implement a redundant dash mixing system on a CN coin. The roadmap document described a system of superior nodes that would be compensated for the security they add to the network, this concept prevents sybil attacks by making a fixed balance of boolberry necessary to be considered. it creates a dividend earning capability for holders. The market has reaffirmed the value of systems like this time and time again, with improvements in liquidity WHILE the scarcity increases.

well that was amusing, next

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
Embat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 501

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 05:13:58 AM

Fix the wallet or send requests to someone who will fix it. Talking around  don't solve the problem. It is clear and easy to understand - this task is a top priority.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
1blockologist

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 06:43:03 AM

cross posted from here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1611499.msg18781170#msg18781170

Boolberry Network Address April 27th 2017

BOOLBERRY DELISTED FROM POLONIEX, BLOCKCHAIN DEVELOPMENT COMPANY NO LONGER INVOLVED

A liquid market for Boolberry is a prerequisite for my firm’s involvement, so with the delisting from Poloniex my firm won’t be involved until a liquid market forms elsewhere, currently this would be available on Bittrex and simply requires market participants to post liquidity there.

Changelly, Circle, and other OTC markets were candidates for a liquid secondary market on my firm’s amended roadmap, but the sunk cost risks and lack of liquidity is too great without an existing liquid market to properly align economic incentives.

Boolberry’s resource requirements continue to grow, and currently only Clintar2 is working on the lmdb implementation, alone - which would alleviate the resource requirements - but has repeatedly expressed the lack of available time to work on it due to life obligations.

Fluffypony made myself and Crypto_Zoidberg aware of a double spend vulnerability which affects all cryptonote coins. They have patched it on Monero a long time ago and plan to disclose it mid May.

Between these problems, the lack of support and consensus from the community, and lack of liquid market: good luck with Zoidberg!

Blockchain Development Company’s public project has propelled its partnerships in key areas of the finance and blockchain sector, providing premier research to incumbents and funds seeking exposure to public blockchains, and has established relationships with representatives of Silicon Valley Bank, CME Group, Deloitte and various liquidity providers.

I’d personally like to thank trollbox for the inaccurate, humorous and free advertisements, there will be more projects the crypto community can get involved in.

The roadmap for Boolberry is clear, and you can carry the baton to complete it, as well.

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
Pages: « 1 ... 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 [399] 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: