Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:19:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 [400] 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210687 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
saocodonls95

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 12:53:55 PM

Coin needs a large number of developers, one can not change. More

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
b4h4mu7

Activity: 337
Merit: 315

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 02:51:39 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2017, 03:03:16 PM by b4h4mu7

this stupid unnecessary ticker change created nothing but confusion (having 2 tickers on 2 exchanges)
Agreed. The X prefix seems important to some people, making the coin seem like established currencies like XAU. But the one coin that seriously competes with XAU is still better known as BTC than XBT or whatever. I think it shows that cryptocurrencies stand on their own and have no need to bend to the old world rules.

I don't care if its XBB or BBR it's still Boolberry.. although XBB follows a more foreign exchange naming convention that will help the currency in the later stages. The ticker change wasn't the reason for the delisting, they had some problem with the wallet they couldn't figure out for over a month.

cross posted from here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1611499.msg18781170#msg18781170

Boolberry Network Address April 27th 2017

BOOLBERRY DELISTED FROM POLONIEX, BLOCKCHAIN DEVELOPMENT COMPANY NO LONGER INVOLVED

A liquid market for Boolberry is a prerequisite for my firm’s involvement, so with the delisting from Poloniex my firm won’t be involved until a liquid market forms elsewhere, currently this would be available on Bittrex and simply requires market participants to post liquidity there.

Changelly, Circle, and other OTC markets were candidates for a liquid secondary market on my firm’s amended roadmap, but the sunk cost risks and lack of liquidity is too great without an existing liquid market to properly align economic incentives.

Boolberry’s resource requirements continue to grow, and currently only Clintar2 is working on the lmdb implementation, alone - which would alleviate the resource requirements - but has repeatedly expressed the lack of available time to work on it due to life obligations.

Fluffypony made myself and Crypto_Zoidberg aware of a double spend vulnerability which affects all cryptonote coins. They have patched it on Monero a long time ago and plan to disclose it mid May.

Between these problems, the lack of support and consensus from the community, and lack of liquid market: good luck with Zoidberg!

Blockchain Development Company’s public project has propelled its partnerships in key areas of the finance and blockchain sector, providing premier research to incumbents and funds seeking exposure to public blockchains, and has established relationships with representatives of Silicon Valley Bank, CME Group, Deloitte and various liquidity providers.

I’d personally like to thank trollbox for the inaccurate, humorous and free advertisements, there will be more projects the crypto community can get involved in.

The roadmap for Boolberry is clear, and you can carry the baton to complete it, as well.

Interesting.. so basically we need to send donations to Clintar2. In the broad view it looks like Clintar2 has been the only one working on Boolberry since October. Therefore the rises in marketcap were mainly due to expectations from his combined effort with cz. If that's correct, then your departure from this project apart from your bi-weekly updates isn't mission critical along with the delisting from Poloniex. You've contributed about the same or less to development as crypto_zoidberg during the last 8 months. Thank for you clarity. I personally would of thought you would stuck around to make a real contribution to the project to prove yourself to the general crypto community as a viable developer but that idea was far fetched.

What the project needs is actual development and updates from Clintar2 and crypto_zoidberg. They've worked together in the past so let's hope they are keen to bring this project back to the forefront. Poloniex isn't a kingmaker. PIVX along with many others have well on Bittrex without Poloniex.. Boolberry can do the same.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 03:09:37 PM

cross posted from here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1611499.msg18781170#msg18781170

BOOLBERRY DELISTED FROM POLONIEX, BLOCKCHAIN DEVELOPMENT COMPANY NO LONGER INVOLVED

A liquid market for Boolberry is a prerequisite for my firm’s involvement, so with the delisting from Poloniex my firm won’t be involved until a liquid market forms elsewhere, currently this would be available on Bittrex and simply requires market participants to post liquidity there.

Changelly, Circle, and other OTC markets were candidates for a liquid secondary market on my firm’s amended roadmap, but the sunk cost risks and lack of liquidity is too great without an existing liquid market to properly align economic incentives.

Boolberry’s resource requirements continue to grow, and currently only Clintar2 is working on the lmdb implementation, alone - which would alleviate the resource requirements - but has repeatedly expressed the lack of available time to work on it due to life obligations.

Fluffypony made myself and Crypto_Zoidberg aware of a double spend vulnerability which affects all cryptonote coins. They have patched it on Monero a long time ago and plan to disclose it mid May.

Between these problems, the lack of support and consensus from the community, and lack of liquid market: good luck with Zoidberg!

Blockchain Development Company’s public project has propelled its partnerships in key areas of the finance and blockchain sector, providing premier research to incumbents and funds seeking exposure to public blockchains, and has established relationships with representatives of Silicon Valley Bank, CME Group, Deloitte and various liquidity providers.

I’d personally like to thank trollbox for the inaccurate, humorous and free advertisements, there will be more projects the crypto community can get involved in.

The roadmap for Boolberry is clear, and you can carry the baton to complete it, as well.

vWell apart from talking up some interest I don't see what your company actually did in terms of developing bbr anyway right?

So apart from the part were xmr are planning to divulge how to double spend on these coins i see we are left just praying clintar and cz can do something to save us.

The fact you mention your company will take up positions in other cryptonote projects and not hold bbr right now shows a complete lack disregard for the rest of the community here. Why mention that fact at all just do it without trying to rub it in.

Block chain dev company or whatever it is called is probably not going to be a welcome site for any project from now on. They arrive talk up some action, do nothing of tangible use in terms of coding then weasel away first obstacle that comes along.

I'm glad you tried but in the end you need designers and coders that can actually do something. Talking and dreaming is fun but then it's back to reality in the end.

If there had of been some coding and real development that was evident to polo then perhaps it would not have been delisted.

I'm not saying you are 100% to blame since only clintar tried to actually tried to do some real tangible work.

1blockologist

Activity: 505
Merit: 250

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 06:04:43 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2017, 06:50:45 PM by 1blockologist

vWell apart from talking up some interest I don't see what your company actually did in terms of developing bbr anyway right?

So apart from the part were xmr are planning to divulge how to double spend on these coins i see we are left just praying clintar and cz can do something to save us.

The fact you mention your company will take up positions in other cryptonote projects and not hold bbr right now shows a complete lack disregard for the rest of the community here. Why mention that fact at all just do it without trying to rub it in.

Block chain dev company or whatever it is called is probably not going to be a welcome site for any project from now on. They arrive talk up some action, do nothing of tangible use in terms of coding then weasel away first obstacle that comes along.

I'm glad you tried but in the end you need designers and coders that can actually do something. Talking and dreaming is fun but then it's back to reality in the end.

If there had of been some coding and real development that was evident to polo then perhaps it would not have been delisted.

I'm not saying you are 100% to blame since only clintar tried to actually tried to do some real tangible work.

For clarity, I reached out to clintar and others prior developers from the git repository information (emails are listed) to get them back into the development. Its been a rocky road and there have been contributors that have come and gone, aside from clintar.

With development, the primary roadblock is getting code that worked on all three platforms. Some code changes worked on windows but not stable on linux/osx, so it couldn't be released as binaries.

Activist investors don't act like founders. There's no expectation to get married to a network or pretend like its going to underpin all e-commerce, I've been very transparent about that from the beginning, hoping to inspire development on the network and bring more realistic maturity to this asset class. There is still greater and valuable utility available for Boolberry, without the maximalist e-commerce meme that most cryptocurrency founders try to perpetuate.

What people (my actual constituents, not trollbox) like about what my company showed is the sustained liquidity improvements (daily volume), sustained network security improvements (new pools, hashrate increasing by thousands of percent), and associated exchange rate improvements, creating book value for all holders on the network. My constituents (incumbent financial institutions) don't get to touch public blockchains, and this project primarily showed them what is possible as there are a lot of undervalued assets. That worked, its very successful. Some things didn't work, its fine.

Dollar valuation still 200% higher than when we started, but obviously in comparison to bitcoin and other growth assets in this sector, the sunk cost becomes apparent.

I need a liquid market to continue, form one, fix the RAM issue, and we'll see.

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
▄███████████▀ ▄████████████████████████
██████████▀ ▄█████████████████████████▀
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  The first Peer to Peer Financial Content 
& Information Marketplace

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
TELEGRAM ■■ FACEBOOK ■■ TWITTER ■■ LINKEDIN
     MEDIUM ■■ YOUTUBE ■■ GITHUB ■■ BOUNTY
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 10:27:38 PM

For clarity, I reached out to clintar and others prior developers from the git repository information (emails are listed) to get them back into the development. Its been a rocky road and there have been contributors that have come and gone, aside from clintar.

With development, the primary roadblock is getting code that worked on all three platforms. Some code changes worked on windows but not stable on linux/osx, so it couldn't be released as binaries.

Activist investors don't act like founders. There's no expectation to get married to a network or pretend like its going to underpin all e-commerce, I've been very transparent about that from the beginning, hoping to inspire development on the network and bring more realistic maturity to this asset class. There is still greater and valuable utility available for Boolberry, without the maximalist e-commerce meme that most cryptocurrency founders try to perpetuate.

What people (my actual constituents, not trollbox) like about what my company showed is the sustained liquidity improvements (daily volume), sustained network security improvements (new pools, hashrate increasing by thousands of percent), and associated exchange rate improvements, creating book value for all holders on the network. My constituents (incumbent financial institutions) don't get to touch public blockchains, and this project primarily showed them what is possible as there are a lot of undervalued assets. That worked, its very successful. Some things didn't work, its fine.

Dollar valuation still 200% higher than when we started, but obviously in comparison to bitcoin and other growth assets in this sector, the sunk cost becomes apparent.

I need a liquid market to continue, form one, fix the RAM issue, and we'll see.
One way perfect for you, can not resolve solution to determine the problem
b3da

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 07:19:31 AM

so quiet here..

can I get an invite to official BBR slack, please?

zahidpervez

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 10:12:17 AM

can i get a slack invite link ??
clintar2

Activity: 202
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 05:08:02 PM

FYI, everyone, theneonirvana on Slack helped find a bug in bbr daemon rpc command when getting block info that caused it to report full donation amount for "donation" blocks that are the 1% dev fee. It happens every 720 blocks and is 1% of the entire mining reward, so a pool would mine one of those blocks and think it earned that donation amount, for example it would be like 72 coins reported when really the block only earned 8.3.
Because of this bug, it is like the pools have been paying back the 1% dev fee to miners, so you're welcome  Smiley

This is a bad bug that I have failed to find and knew something was wrong for a long long time. PCFiL from bbr.poolto.be has been asking me for a fix for a long time, and I could never find a problem with the pool code to explain the random loss of funds, but it was because it is in the daemon.

Here's the commit that fixes it https://github.com/clintar/boolberry/commit/f601f8373d2b09ee6c07388ba5633110b241dc17

Every pool owner really should apply this.
filou4

Activity: 86

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 08:03:21 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2017, 08:13:55 PM by filou4

FYI, everyone, theneonirvana on Slack helped find a bug in bbr daemon rpc command when getting block info that caused it to report full donation amount for "donation" blocks that are the 1% dev fee. It happens every 720 blocks and is 1% of the entire mining reward, so a pool would mine one of those blocks and think it earned that donation amount, for example it would be like 72 coins reported when really the block only earned 8.3.
Because of this bug, it is like the pools have been paying back the 1% dev fee to miners, so you're welcome  Smiley

This is a bad bug that I have failed to find and knew something was wrong for a long long time. PCFiL from bbr.poolto.be has been asking me for a fix for a long time, and I could never find a problem with the pool code to explain the random loss of funds, but it was because it is in the daemon.

Here's the commit that fixes it https://github.com/clintar/boolberry/commit/f601f8373d2b09ee6c07388ba5633110b241dc17

Hi all,

Fix applied on http://bbr.poolto.be

Thanks a lot to clintar for all his job on this coin  Cheesy  Wink

another point, Poloniex delisted BBR which is sad  Cry

anyway, there are several other places to trade BBR :

Bittrexx : https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-XBB
BTER : https://bter.com/trade/bbr_btc

and certainly more.

http://poolto.be -+- Any help appreciated ! BTC: 1E4s4CDXutSYZGkFVKrLbmQXQWq4Ez7RUy -+- thanks :-)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 10:32:02 PM

Because of this bug, it is like the pools have been paying back the 1% dev fee to miners, so you're welcome  Smiley

Great work again. Thanks.

mmo_online_1981

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 05:43:35 AM

I think that all changes and bug fixes are all great contributors, not just for BBR coin but for other currencies. Currently BBR is not good but I hope the good will come back to this coin at next  time. Thanks to all
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 02:19:41 PM

I think Dev should care more about BBR coin! A good coin and had time to challenge,
To die is a pity
ustcstone

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:39:57 PM

bbr.poolto.be at block 773496 new daemon
mininig.blue at block 774070 old daemon
bittrex's at block 774070 old daemon
filou4

Activity: 86

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 09:32:00 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2017, 11:11:18 PM by filou4

yes, I also noticed, back to old daemon and doing a resync.
gonna debug it with clintar Smiley

edit1: pool is up & running again ! Smiley

http://poolto.be -+- Any help appreciated ! BTC: 1E4s4CDXutSYZGkFVKrLbmQXQWq4Ez7RUy -+- thanks :-)
mmo_online_1981

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 06:21:17 AM

Does that lead to BBR coin splitting into multiple branches? I'm just a user so I do not understand, I always like BBR coin
Currently BBR is not good but I always believe
hdtqisg

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 07:53:10 AM

Dear friend
This coin price lower than befor! I don't think so! But I think Dev need to Solve the above problem
busara

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:48:40 AM

Hi folk.

Notice: cryptozoidberg on  boolberry.herokuapp.com is a fake.

Zoidberg

Thanks for heads up. I only trust you and the BDC team.
trust is your first step to build a good relation anywhere.so best of luck to you in this regard.
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 12:16:27 PM

Just pushed to github security fix.
Issue was discovered by Monero Lab and they kindly noticed me about this case.
Strong advice to everyone who running BBR daemons to update it ASAP.

Zoidberg

versprichnix

Activity: 876
Merit: 291

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:59:46 PM

Zoidberg

What's the official site? boolberry.com or boolberry.org?

On both the release to download is yet 0.3.0.41. I need it for Ubuntu Linux.
mmo_online_1981

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 05:00:23 AM

Zoidberg

What's the official site? boolberry.com or boolberry.org?

On both the release to download is yet 0.3.0.41. I need it for Ubuntu Linux.
Dear friend
In #1

Website: boolberry.com      Network State: boolberry.com/state.html                                     
Twitter: twitter.com/boolberryBBR                        Facebook: facebook.com/boolberryBBR
Reddit: r/boolberry      IRC: #boolberry on freenode.net
Mean boolberry.com
Pages: « 1 ... 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 [400] 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: