Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:44:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583023 times)
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:31:26 PM

Alphi ..

When you have a second .. search the forum for Saturn Coin ..
They just did a 'reverse' split converting SAT to SAT2 ..
The divisor was 1000 ..
I only know about it since SAT was/is listed on Cryptsy
and BigVern posted a 'heads up' about it ..
Don't know if the SAT 'devs' ran into any particular difficulties
with the change, but it was a recent event  ..

My only concern with our 'situation' is that the switch back to
a KARM/BTC trading pair occurred at such a low price point that
the minimum allowable price change ( 1 Satoshi ) represents a large
percentage price change of total coin value .. even with KARM at 20 Satoshi
+ or - 1 Satoshi is 5% ..

Triff ..

they only just changed over a few days ago I was talking about future accounting issues where you have to do one calculation for transactions before block N and another for transactions after block N.

your concerns about moving to the BTC market too soon were heavily debated and the market was warned well in advance of the move that the 140 Litoshi bar might be too low, the market decided to push for the BTC/KARM trade pair regardless.

a large part of the recent price rise was a direct result of that announcement and subsequent move to the BTC/KARM market.. if that move was not announced then KARM would probably still be below 100 Litoshi right now.

I find it interesting that before the move to BTC/KARM people were pushing for it hard.. and now people are complaining about it.
I find myself wondering what they expected would happen.... did they think it would suddenly go to the moon?

In my view, karma needs to grow organically and people need to stop messing with it simply to try and manipulate the price.
but of course that's just my opinion.

people are entitled to debate and argue as much as they like but the more people talk about splits, changing the coin supply and messing with interest rates... the more they start sounding like the federal reserve, wall street and the big banks. (and before you ask "hey whats wrong with that" those are some of the most corrupt and crooked organisations on earth..)

I say watch how SAT goes over the next few months and you will see that the reverse split probably has little effect if any on the overall price (after it is adjusted).

on a side note, I have been investing in small cap stocks for many years and I can tell you from experience.. the vast majority of the time a stock that reverse splits ends up losing value for its investors.. this is because it only creates the illusion of appreciating in value without actually addressing the fundamental problems that caused it to crash in the first place.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:51:45 PM

Alphi ..

When you have a second .. search the forum for Saturn Coin ..
They just did a 'reverse' split converting SAT to SAT2 ..
The divisor was 1000 ..
I only know about it since SAT was/is listed on Cryptsy
and BigVern posted a 'heads up' about it ..
Don't know if the SAT 'devs' ran into any particular difficulties
with the change, but it was a recent event  ..

My only concern with our 'situation' is that the switch back to
a KARM/BTC trading pair occurred at such a low price point that
the minimum allowable price change ( 1 Satoshi ) represents a large
percentage price change of total coin value .. even with KARM at 20 Satoshi
+ or - 1 Satoshi is 5% ..

Triff ..

they only just changed over a few days ago I was talking about future accounting issues where you have to do one calculation for transactions before block N and another for transactions after block N.

your concerns about moving to the BTC market too soon were heavily debated and the market was warned well in advance of the move that the 140 Litoshi bar might be too low, the market decided to push for the BTC/KARM trade pair regardless.

a large part of the recent price rise was a direct result of that announcement and subsequent move to the BTC/KARM market.. if that move was not announced then KARM would probably still be below 100 Litoshi right now.

I find it interesting that before the move to BTC/KARM people were pushing for it hard.. and now people are complaining about it.
I find myself wondering what they expected would happen.... did they think it would suddenly go to the moon?

In my view, karma needs to grow organically and people need to stop messing with it simply to try and manipulate the price.
but of course that's just my opinion.

people are entitled to debate and argue as much as they like but the more people talk about splits, changing the coin supply and messing with interest rates... the more they start sounding like the federal reserve, wall street and the big banks. (and before you ask "hey whats wrong with that" those are some of the most corrupt and crooked organisations on earth..)

I say watch how SAT goes over the next few months and you will see that the reverse split probably has little effect if any on the overall price (after it is adjusted).

on a side note, I have been investing in small cap stocks for many years and I can tell you from experience.. the vast majority of the time a stock that reverse splits ends up losing value for its investors.. this is because it only creates the illusion of appreciating in value without actually addressing the fundamental problems that caused it to crash in the first place.

+1 Alphi. This is just a good week btc market. Look at our price pattern. We allways got this nice floor for people to buy in. I was suprised about the high expectations. We were happy to have a higher entry for the btc market exactly because this correction had to come. I dont think that we should do anything of the suggested changes or manipulations. @Triff+Chargin: no from me. Kepp cool guys. Work on the value not on the price. Go Karma!

KarmaKaguy

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
karmala

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:59:42 PM

Here another opinion: if our volume would grow from our new developments that are coming, our price could easily rise. The sell orders are per satoshi price 10-20 btc max. Thats 14500$ max, thats NOTHING. Imo, we can also grow with this btc market, but a closing of the btc market should not occur, maybe only a PAUSE of the btc market, while its still listed but the orders are deleted but the market is able to be seen. This purely out of a psychological perspective that there is no absence of the market, just a market that is temporary not open.

Any comments on this?

Cheers

no pause but aggree with price increase by working on our value. We are young and we have all those things in the pipeline. It has not even started yet. Maybe we should start talking about the real price after we saw the first profits payed out by our ipocos.... everthing else is just growing pain. Dont compare Karma to other coins.

Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:04:28 PM

KARM ..

In the short term .. the market is a 'voting' machine ..
In the long term .. the market is a 'weighing' machine ..  

Price is what you pay ..
Value is what you get ..

Triff .. @WarrenBuffetisms.com

karmala

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:48:47 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 10:12:51 PM by karmala

Brazil V Germany in a few hours... Brazil missing one of their star players, this could get very interesting for Karmaworldcup betters if Brazil loses.

They lost in 29th minute. So, now is very interesting.

Germany!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wuahahaha 5:0 wuhaaaae hhahahahahah

guess who put its karma on Germany.... wuahaa

edit: 7:1 hahahhahahahhahaha

socoban

Activity: 314

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:08:51 PM

I'm sorry but I think the price needs to come down again so we can regroup, I'm thinking long term. I think 1-2 Satoshi is reasonable for now and I'm sure the market will head there sooner or later depending on how stubbornly people are going to throw BTC to keep it up.

The price has been inflated and support appears to be weakening. I was hoping that if we got to 5-6 Satoshi we would be able to get much higher but the market stagnated and is now correcting. There is only one real buyer that was playing around with 40 BTC at 3-4 Satoshi and by my estimates he has about 15 BTC left sitting at 2 Satoshi after pulling back his price. If that buyer leaves the market the price will drop back to 1-2 Satoshi very quickly...which probably isn't a bad thing.

After the price has come down again does anyone else think we need to get Mintpal to cancel trades and relist us on the BTC market with Karma prices being more granular? If we ask Mintpal to make the minimum trade 1,000 KARMA and call each unit KARMK or simply KARMA (many people refer to increments of 1,000 as "k"). Every 1,000 Karma = 1 KARMK or KARMA. The key advantage of this is it will make the price more granular so it is less likely to get stuck and less people will dump at any given price point. I'm a fan of Karma changing hands and I don't think it will happen unless the price can move.

I don't want the above done at current price levels. I think we got too exited on the original listing back onto the BTC market and the lead up to it. It will be far better if we can grow from 1,000 Satoshi for 1KARMK (1,000 Karma) back to 2,000 Satoshi.

Please let me know if:
1. You want the price to come down.
2. After the price comes down you want to ask Mintpal to relist us as KARMA or KARMK on the BTC market and every KARMA/KARMK on Mintpal be worth 1,000 Karma.

I will make an official poll based on the feedback to point number 2 in 30 hours. Please also give me your feedback on the first point by then as well.

Chargin.

96 billion KARMa coins is too much for coin under $10million market cap. Simple solution, continue to work hard, KARMA will grow to $10 million itself. Any artificial coins changes like 1000 KARM = 1 new KARM are not fixing the problem but creating many new problems. If people belive in KARMA it will not go to 1-2 satoshi. Miners mime 35000 karma pre block, it is not much. Many of them hold, some are selling, but still it is not much. I don't know how many block is mined per day, but 200 blocks took like 4 hours, so it is like 1200 block per day =  42 million Karma daily. = 122 LTC = 1,5 BTC daily.  It is not much for such an expensive coin. There are coins with 20x less market cap mining 1 BTC daily and people do not dump them that fast.  Just help mining KARMA and holding. Spread the news about X11 sidechain. The more people will buy, the more people will mine, the less people will dump. HOLD the price at current level for 2-3 weeks and we can 10x in next 3 months and be fine at 30 satoshi.
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:13:28 PM

What are you thoughts on 50 million new coin mined each day?

1440 block a day x 35 000 coins a day.

looking at our hashrate. how many of them are holder and how many are sellers?

lets keep the discussion going ya'll
socoban

Activity: 314

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:15:47 PM

Everyone here should ask friends to help mine KARMA, it will increase number of holders and dificulty. This will push the price up.
karmala

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:24:05 PM

asics... will be gone soon with x11

AGcrypto

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:32:01 PM

Brazil V Germany in a few hours... Brazil missing one of their star players, this could get very interesting for Karmaworldcup betters if Brazil loses.

They lost in 29th minute. So, now is very interesting.

Germany!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wuahahaha 5:0 wuhaaaae hhahahahahah

guess who put its karma on Germany.... wuahaa

edit: 7:1 hahahhahahahhahaha
me thats who 💵💰💷💶💴💸😝
AGcrypto

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:57:34 PM

Who cares what price Karma has today? The only people worried about todays price are the ones that don't understand the future potential of Karma and what we are trying to accomplish. I am just grateful to get another chance to buy more at a discount price. This coin is still in its infancy and people need to stop trying to compare it  to other coins. There is no other coin out there like Karma, there is no other coin out there with a awesome LLC backing them made up of hardworking team members that are working hard in developing multiple projects that will put Karma at the top of the competition. It is unfortunate that we are currently living in a generation infected with instant gratification or I quit syndrome. Just buy as much Karma and you can afford to invest in, tuck it away in your wallet and go on about your day helping to promote Karma and pitch in when and where you can and soon you will be looking at a very nice nest egg that you helped to grow. Thats just good Karma. Epic accomplishments don't happen over night, but Karma is sure as hell on the right course to becoming just that. Its all just a matter of time.  
karmala

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:59:29 PM

Who cares what price Karma has today? The only people worried about todays price are the ones that don't understand the future potential of Karma and what we are trying to accomplish. I am just grateful to get another chance to buy more at a discount price. This coin is still in its infancy and people need to stop trying to compare it  to other coins. There is no other coin out there like Karma, there is no other coin out there with a awesome LLC backing them made up of hardworking team members that are working hard in developing multiple projects that will put Karma at the top of the competition. It is unfortunate that we are currently living in a generation infected with instant gratification or I quit syndrome. Just buy as much Karma and you can afford to invest in, tuck it away in your wallet and go on about your day helping to promote Karma and pitch in when and where you can and soon you will be looking at a very nice nest egg that you helped to grow. Thats just good Karma. Epic accomplishments don't happen over night, but Karma is sure as hell on the right course to becoming just that. Its all just a matter of time.  

+1 was not able to say it better....

Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:36:33 PM

Wallet download button is out of order atm

Pls fix it.
Ty

learminer

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:43:12 PM

This begins to feel like groundhog day. Karma has now been through its like 3rd or 4th "bubble" and every time its the same. "OMG we've gone down to 3-4 satoshi"? 4 weeks ago everybody here would have been THRILLED to be at 3-4 satoshi. Even if we do go down to the 2-3 range Karma's still up month on month. I said it before: what goes up must come down. It is completely normal for the market to retract after such a big increase.

With all the stuff that's in the pipeline for Karma and Karmashares you can be certain this will not the last time people start panic buying Karma. Just relax, place a few low buy orders and hope they hit. Load up for the future, a few months from now we'll laugh at this price.

mouseman

Activity: 257

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:44:00 PM

+2. Those people constantly talking about "price" are suspect......I am referring to those that when they come out of the woodwork and peek their heads out from their hiding holes...the topic typically leads back to something about "price" with them. The Karma/KarmaShares/KarmX hardcore and committed are here for the long haul.

And yes, for the record I DO care about "price". But can you reasonably expect to turn a $100 bill into $100,000 in short order? In just a few short months? Let's be reasonable and have perspective and confidence in what we are implementing will be some of Cryptos' greatest accomplishments in time.

Patience and Commitment please.    

+1 was not able to say it better....
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:36:51 AM

Pls fix it.
Ty

this is being address. Site is offline. please be patient.
Forceflow

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:45:24 AM

Burying Karma for later is not going to really help build Karma or the movement.  Literally and otherwise, Karma should be used to pass it forward.  There needs to be more to do with Karma if it is to sustain this momentum.
AGcrypto

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:48:46 AM

Pls fix it.
Ty

this is being address. Site is offline. please be patient.

Post 3318 a community member posted a problem with our wallet not more than three post later the problem is already being addressed. There are businesses around the world that don't have that level of service and dedication. Keep up the awesome work.
AGcrypto

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:52:55 AM

Burying Karma for later is not going to really help build Karma or the movement.  Literally and otherwise, Karma should be used to pass it forward.  There needs to be more to do with Karma if it is to sustain this momentum.

If thats all you got from what i said then all i can tell you is WOW. And after reading your post all i can ask is, have you even visited our forums?  http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php http://www.reddit.com/r/karmashares http://www.reddit.com/r/KarmaTeam/
Kokok

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:55:52 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 01:07:06 AM by Kokok

asics... will be gone soon with x11

I for one will be very sad when this ^^^^ happens. I got rid of all my high wattage GPUs and built a LOW WATTAGE ASIC farm and have been mining KARMA none stop. Not selling any of the coins I mine. So when KARMA moves away from SCRYPT, I will be forced to mine something else. I cannot begin to describe how sad this makes me.

I have to say... I feel like I am being punished for putting my faith in a coin, that actually succeeded.
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: