Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:24:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583020 times)
CatKiwi

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:10:03 AM

LOL some moron just sold his coins down to 167 when the buys were coming in at 230! Cheers for the cheap coins but gee....

... you know what just happend... a TYPO shit. This was my money man! haha sorry for that

Aww man - sorry to hear that! Its only funny when its not an accident Smiley I know exactly how you feel though! Been there lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
COMKORT

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 09:13:23 AM

Bring your trading to COMKORT exchange to enjoy highly user-friendly UI with great variety of features and wide range of cryptocurrencies. At COMKORT all of your trading issues will be attended promptly and professionally by our responsive tech-support team.

Everyday we are working to make your trading easy and efficient!

karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:16:31 AM

Bring your trading to COMKORT exchange to enjoy highly user-friendly UI with great variety of features and wide range of cryptocurrencies. At COMKORT all of your trading issues will be attended promptly and professionally by our responsive tech-support team.

yes I support you

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
CatKiwi

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:38:47 AM

If you haven't already bought back in - you might want to do so now...big buy walls beginning to form.
karmala

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:40:42 AM

If you haven't already bought back in - you might want to do so now...big buy walls beginning to form.

one is my buy wall.... I did not intend to hurt the price. So, I will take the loss and we can go on from where we left Wink I put it right back after sold cheap.... I mean there are no sell walls for me to buy back.... somebody selling me karma for 205? harhar

CatKiwi

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:46:33 AM

one is my buy wall.... I did not intend to hurt the price. So, I will take the loss and we can go on from where we left Wink I put it right back after sold cheap.... I mean there are no sell walls for me to buy back....

haha yeah its the strongest market I have ever seen. No other coin has long periods of inactivity and then INCREASES in price lol Every other coin goes down. Such a great little coin to hold and not touch!
karmala

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:07:38 AM

one is my buy wall.... I did not intend to hurt the price. So, I will take the loss and we can go on from where we left Wink I put it right back after sold cheap.... I mean there are no sell walls for me to buy back....

haha yeah its the strongest market I have ever seen. No other coin has long periods of inactivity and then INCREASES in price lol Every other coin goes down. Such a great little coin to hold and not touch!

yeah, I wanted to put a very high sell order. Somehow to test if I can increase my amount of Karma by selling high and buying low. Not to cash out. This was the first sell I made since I am buying from 32 upwards. I guess this is a sign to just buy and hold Wink Karma - action and reaction Wink

Chargin

Activity: 184

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:21:25 AM

LOL some moron just sold his coins down to 167 when the buys were coming in at 230! Cheers for the cheap coins but gee....

... you know what just happend... a TYPO shit. This was my money man! haha sorry for that ... Luckily it was only the playmoney. Again, sorry my mistake. Please keep on buying. Nothing has happend. Go on.. hahaha rofl

Off by a 0 or something? Lucky you didn't have more Karma in the trade. I wish I'd put my buy order in before leaving work instead of after arriving home. Tongue

Vote to get Karma listed on this exchange: https://hitbtc.com/vote (sign up to get a vote for 10 points, vote once every 24 hrs)
CatKiwi

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:23:17 AM

... you know what just happend... a TYPO shit. This was my money man! haha sorry for that ... Luckily it was only the playmoney. Again, sorry my mistake. Please keep on buying. Nothing has happend. Go on.. hahaha rofl

Off by a 0 or something? Lucky you didn't have more Karma in the trade. I wish I'd put my buy order in before leaving work instead of after arriving home. Tongue

Looks like someone made another typo...lol Seriously - who dumps 100 Litecoin of Karma when they have witnessed what has happened every time someone tries to dump - it goes up even more lol
karmala

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:24:37 AM

yeah only a small % on the exchange. The last dump was not me. At least I have my coins back Wink

karmala

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:26:04 AM

everyone wants to be rich. But how many want to do good!

The last few pages its all been about prices.. no one is stepping up to help us build a stronger community!

We need tons of help. Web-Dev / C++ / Admin / Security/ Marketing / PR / Finance / Law

most exchanges are not aware of our volume.

we got a btc/Karma exchange in komfort & bluetrade that we do now take advantage of.

Polonies is not adding us yet.

Bittrex is watching us again ( we lost them just before the spike )

Whatmine is not updating our info

altcoinstats is not updating our stats

we need to update http://coinwik.org/Karmacoin

cryptsy is still using old log and old site

https://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/markets/info  tons of eachanges in here we are not on.

We need to get on chinna user base

We need more web-devs to help run smoother website. Especially karmashare.me ( how do we expect 4 mills users with out making is easier to use that site)

We need more admin , front end/back end securities to help smoother out karmashare.com

We need graphic designer and FX/special effect to create informational videos on how to run and use karma

We need more marketing groups to focus on fb/twitter tipping our coins to spread awareness

We need more professional marketers to start spread the news of karma

We need more people to volunteer to go the Chicago BITCOIN expo and represent karma

We need more miners to spread the hash around before we loos more pools

We need more people to be more active in www.karmashare.com forum and especially vote in their thought on critical topics that are being vote

We need more members to step up and be group leaders

The list is ... just starting. There more private projects we can not discuss out yet

Soon kos will have two more IPOCOS going in beta mode. This will mean additional help.

You all can sit there speculate on prices some more or you can help us and blow this coin to horizon!

Don't get lost in greed. come and support us as we try to build a community that will come together and help reward those that do good!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS_EqmoRvns

Thanks for this reminder, as you all know I have been working for our wiki and some video tutorials while attending to the needs of our official facebook page fans and karma tipping groups.
coinwik entry is now reflecting the information contained in our own wiki. I am just waiting for instructions from kos where this wiki will officially be hosted. For the meantime kindly use http://coinwik.org/Karmacoin to help newcomers to our community, all the tutorials video/text for the usual problems are also there, please familiarize yourself to the info there.

Everyone of us is needed in this community. With a unified info we will move as one, forward and upward.
GO KARMA! TOGETHER let us make KARMA more attractive as days go by.

Hi, I quote the above because it is important. We  need more help.... especially devs.

In between all those price related posts (also by me), I ask you to vote if you want to see this small scale charity project. I created a poll in our forum: http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php?topic=276.0 It  is about a cooperation with dogecoin to sponsor a good day for a child that will die soon.
The poll will close on june 15.

The ongoing fundraising is for a family which have lost their 15 year old daughter and are sitting on huge bills for medical costs: http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php/topic,9.0.html
I think some of you made some profit during the last days Wink Please consider donating some of it. Personally, I would like to see many small donations instead of some few large ones. Please, post it if you donated something, not the amount  though. This does not account for those who gave allready.

your  KarmaKaguy

Chargin

Activity: 184

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:32:00 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 10:48:24 AM by Chargin

If you are a small Karma holder and haven't already I'd recommend signing up to Comkort and sending a bit of Karma and/or LTC/BTC/DOGE there because you might be able to get yourself some bargains when their Karma market starts heating up.

Chargin.

Vote to get Karma listed on this exchange: https://hitbtc.com/vote (sign up to get a vote for 10 points, vote once every 24 hrs)
karmala

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:23:58 AM

If you are a small Karma holder and haven't already I'd recommend signing up to Comkort and sending a bit of Karma and/or LTC/BTC/DOGE there because you might be able to get yourself some bargains when their Karma market starts heating up.

Chargin.

ok, send you some Karma

CatKiwi

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:23:19 PM

Difficulty of 40.482 - The coin is getting considerably more difficult to mine each day - this is fantastic!
karmala

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:24:49 PM

Join us there!

karmala

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:27:19 PM

For all who want to buy something with Karma. I put the first item in our karmashare.me marketplace. Maybe you register there and have a look. I would also love to buy somthing with karma!

kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 02:13:24 PM

Welcome back  Smiley

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 03:39:31 PM

Note: For the recent 50,000,000 coins giveaway (1,000,000x50 users) all have been sent!

Thanks all for participating in the giveaway at http://www.reddit.com/r/Karmashares/comments/27fwa2/50000000_karma_giveaway_1000000_for_every_person/

(Please note that there were a number of Reddit accounts that did not qualify according to the rules of the contest)

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 03:44:09 PM

Now that the market seems a wee bit more rational, I will have some news and perhaps beta previews for Hireplex and Wespond, as well as some other items in the next couple of weeks. (Hireplex will probably be announced first)

(crazy market or "irrational exuberance" = quiet kosmost)

A slow and steady rise is best. Hopefully we will find ways to be less volatile than competing cryptocurrencies (as well as BTC) and have a more broad appeal as an investment.

Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:41:33 PM

The following two "Vision" posts are why I'm invested in KARM for the long haul ..

======
Post #677
======

Thank you for your good suggestions.

Yes, 4 weeks is very ambitious, generally-speaking. I suppose even 3 months would be ambitious for such a project, for most teams.

For PoS we have not finalized our decision at this time but are waiting to see the effects of PoC and also considering the parameters and implementation of PoS carefully. Such a transition as ours to PoS has not been done before (to our knowledge) so we want to be sure to maximize its success (i.e., not fu$# it up).

We're not just considering the next couple of months for Karma, but far beyond. This isn't some coin that you day trade and dump when it gets as high as Snoop Lion. We imagine a day when Karma is used in all kinds of situations. That is what cryptocurrencies are meant to be: alternative currencies. So instead of just doing something for short-term benefit we are also thinking long-term. We must balance long-term requirements (if we are to be a true alternative currency) with short-term needs (number of coins). We don't want to get to a point where our market cap is $225 million and we need to change the parameters again because we don't have enough coins to make for a healthy economy.

If even 1 of our projects over the next 3-5 years is successful, those 60+ billion coins will dry up really fast. Think about it. Most big investors will not even consider investing in a cryptocurrency. But a legal entity tied to a cryptocurrency that works like a startup incubator? These are firms that think nothing of throwing $25 million at companies that make colorful web buttons. And our market cap now is far less than $1 million. Once we are known as a sound investment that offers a lifetime of passive income, you'll never look at Karma the same way again.

Imagine the public had a chance to buy shares of YCombinator, the company that funded Reddit, Scribd, Xobni, Omgpop, Dropbox, Disqus, Heroku, Airbnb, Hipmunk, Rap Genius, Coinbase, and many more. This is not a big company. It's basically 1 guy (Paul Graham) and a team dedicated to doing awesome stuff.  Take a look at some of those names to realize that more than one is worth over $1 billion now. When those founders first came in YCombinator's door those projects were nothing.

Now imagine there was a YCombicoin that anyone could buy into to be an owner of YCombinator. Not just venture capital firms and accredited investors, but any member of the public in any country around the world can own a piece of this awesome company by buying just $1 worth of YCombicoin. How many millions of people would want to buy just $1? Or spring for $100, or even $1,000? And then China gets wind of what we're up to? That's a whole lot of new wallets, and a tremendous opportunity for Karma to be used in a ton of places around the world. And then all these people realized that they can own YCombinator for the rest of their lives, and will benefit from any profits and sales. What kind of market cap do you think YCombicoin would have? We're talking tens of billions, not tens of millions. Bitcoin would not offer much in comparison. Resources would shift from Bitcoin to YCombicoin.

And then YCombicoin also had a plan to be used as an alternative currency, marketed to transactions of the Good economy (tipping, sharing, microloans, donations, microtransactions, etc). So now everyone wants to trade in YCombicoin because they realize how valuable it could be. At any moment YCombinator could come out with another Airbnb. "Dammit, I better start accepting YCombicoin in my shop!"

So now you have a triple whammy: 1) everyone wants YCombicoin, and can buy lots of coins for just $1; 2) lots of new people use the YCombicoin wallet, further expanding the economy; 3) the higher it goes up the more their stash of 8 billion coins is worth, allowing them to hire full-time developers and make lots more things that will increase the value of YCombicoin

So now millions+ of people around the world are scrambling for 92 billion coins, several billion of which don't exist yet. I personally know a couple of people who would love to snap up more coins than you can imagine once the search engine shows some momentum, or even Hireplex or Wespond, or something else that we're working on. And Karma is still relatively unheard of, and an unknown in the tech world. Imagine if there's just 1 small mention of us in Wired or the WSJ? We have not begun to realize our value in the marketplace right now, and that is a very good thing for investors and their returns.

With Karmashares, people will not want to sell Karma. But we still have to be sure there are enough coins to go around. That's what we're thinking about now.

All of a sudden the number of available coins isn't in the billions anymore. And people that were talking about dumping when we hit 10 or 20 satoshi re-think the situation and realize this isn't your average coin. "Maybe holding onto this coin is a better idea." times a thousand. All it takes is for 10-15% of the actors in the marketplace to snap up shares for the price to really spike, causing a stampede.

But we also want to make for a good economy. This means having more than enough coins for everyone. So while 92 billion possible coins may look like a lot now, it isn't as much as you think with such a low market cap. Again, Karma is not like any other coin out there.

For example, when our search engine is released our market cap will likely be under $400,000. A few hundred thousand for any search engine that has a community behind it is an absolute steal in an industry where just 1% of the market is worth a cool $1,000,000,000. Smart investors will realize this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. And then sell walls will be eaten up left and right, because even at a $5MM market cap it would still be tremendously undervalued.

If there are any economists in the audience who would like to run models of various scenarios please speak up Smiley But anything a coin does in regards to changing their parameters is just guesswork. For example, thousands of people invested in Mintcoin thinking that the price will go up after the minting period begins. It was "obvious" that the economy would increase to probably 99% of Mintcoin enthusiasts. We don't wish to make such assumptions. Especially when the success of the first few weeks of Karmashares has changed the nature of the game.

There was more than one person who thought that we'd never make it above 1 satoshi again once we dropped into the abyss of single-digit litoshis. "It's never been done before. Karmacoin is dead!"

We are not your average coin.

We are re-writing the rules of the game, and going where no coin has gone before. We're like the USS Starship Enterprise trekking to a new galaxy. We can move quickly because we're so damn excited to get there and reap the rewards or we can ensure our continued survival by moving carefully into this strange new unchartered territory. With a good crew like Jean-Luc, Number 1, Data, commander Warfwarf, and others also making observations and careful considerations you guys can be sure you've picked the right ship and we're less likely to crash into some invisible force field that we didn't see coming because we're the first ones there.

Go Karma!

=======
Post #1313
=======

A good currency will be backed by something of value. The USD used to be backed by gold. Now it's backed by a promise from the US government and the fact that it's the de facto world currency. Its value now comes from the government's ability to enforce the dollar standard through diplomacy and military might, and confidence in the present and future economy.

Bitcoin is backed by confidence in its blockchain and the promise of a brighter future because it's the leader in the industry. In this way it mirrors the USD and has a "military" made up by the investors, developers, and companies supporting it.

The great majority of cryptocoins are not backed by anything. They rise in value from irrational exuberance in the marketplace.

Karma is unlike all other coins in that it is backed by something of value. "Karmashares" is our gold mine. There is no limit to the amount of value in this mine. The only limit is our imagination and our willingness to venture inside and discover the value. (It could be argued that NXT, NEM, and other similar coins are backed by the commodities/equities on their asset exchanges. However, the legality of such coins is questionable. Further, Karmashares will own all of its assets outright.)

But let's put it in context of US history.

The American Revolution and Karma's Place in History

Cryptocurrency is like the US economy before the US Constitution. We were first dependent on Bitcoin (the British) and their monetary instruments. The American Revolution changed that, but worthless paper money was still being used in the colonies.

Each colony is like a coin and prints their own money. The time now is like the birth of the US Constitution, with Karma. We are establishing standards and setting guidelines. Other coins do not care about such things because they do not plan for a real future. The future might and power of the new "United States of America" wasn't obvious then and it isn't obvious now. The founding fathers had foresight.

But what Karmashares is doing is "bringing the colonies together" in a different way. The model that we are building will facilitate exponential growth and expansion of Karma once we have some momentum.

There is a war going on now in the industry, whether or not it is called such. The war is Bitcoin vs. all other coins. We started out peaceably, as any new pilgrims do. But once the vast resources, wealth, and opportunity of this new industry are realized colonies (coins) began to declare independence from the motherland.

Regulation, consolidation, and surrender (and death) of coins is coming in 2014 and 2015. It is already starting to happen. Casualties abound. And colored coins, merged mining, contracts, and other inventions will swallow up remaining altcoins like there's no tomorrow. Few coins will survive this. I'm not saying these are bad things. Innovation is good. But what side of innovation will you be on? Will your next coin be a colored coin inside of Bitcoin (the British)? A contract inside of Ethereum (the French)? Perhaps you'll just be an asset on the exchange of another coin (stateless Welsh or Sikh). Maybe you'll survive by giving up your power and merging your mining with someone stronger (an alliance) or sacrifice your independence for security (colonization).

Karma is adding value to its coin through Karmashares in order to be at the forefront of these changes. The coin landscape is not obvious now, but it will be. When billions are pouring into Bitcoin via the new equities on US markets (possibly followed by other markets such as China, Hong Kong, Singapore, etc) it will become very obvious that cryptocurrency is going mainstream.

Once Karmashares takes off the devs of other coins will flock to us from their worthless coins and want to do iPOCOs of their own. Then you will see the true power of Karma backed by the value that Karmashares has built up over the months.

So, in my opinion, the only coins that will survive are the British (Bitcoin) and the United States of America (Karma). There will be other coins under the influence of both, but with our model we can actually become much stronger and more valuable than Bitcoin.

We are the only non-Bitcoin coin laying the foundation for our survival. It will be more obvious as time goes on, but only the foolish would be loading up on "colonial scripts" right now.

=====

This trip is just getting started ..
Thanks to all members of team KARMA ..

=====

Triff ..

Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: