Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:23:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583020 times)
BlackShibe1

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:56:49 AM

Good job guys

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptowho

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:19:59 AM

As an initiative to secure the blockchain we have taken up donations and gave them to http://karma.p2pool.altcoin.dk/ to offer additional block rewards to prompt desire to have the miner move into p2p pools.

From today this pool will pay %20 additional bonus on top of what you have already mined!!

Please help spread the news. P2P Pools are the answer to a safer network and will never cause a %51 attack.

Earn More Karma and help secure the network

don't miss out on free karma

A reminder. Get some additional karma and help the Coin security!

looking for C++ coders , web-dev and coin-devs to join karmacoin team. We are trying to expand. we have so many goals. Challenge accepted?  PM me.
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:01:59 AM

My congratulations to the team on this threshold you recently crossed.
Hell of a ride so far.....looking forward to much more.
Don't know what if anything a 63 year old self taught sys admin could do.
But I'm willin' ....can't translate unless it's into deep south US.  Grin

Get ready for the X11! Smiley

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:03:07 AM

Good job guys

On behalf of the hardest working leadership team in the crypto world, thank-you Cheesy

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
onetoc

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:11:40 AM

We need http://coinmarketcap.com/ to add the BTC market.

Congratulations by the way guys!! very impressed with Karma.
cryptowho

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:49:02 AM

We need http://coinmarketcap.com/ to add the BTC market.

Congratulations by the way guys!! very impressed with Karma.

this is being address. at current rank the btc/karma volumes were not even included. we would have been on top 20 easy.

and this is just the start. The goal is to be steady at top 15, then top 10, then top 5 and then..... come back for the spoiler : )

looking for C++ coders , web-dev and coin-devs to join karmacoin team. We are trying to expand. we have so many goals. Challenge accepted?  PM me.
parkkar

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:23:37 AM

I tried mining here vs where I usually mine KARM (which is on hash-to-coin) but I've found payouts to be less regular than hash-to-coin. I only mined here for a day so is this because P2Pool is PPLNS? If so, is there a recommended minimum amount of days to throw my hash here before payouts become more regular? My combined hashrate is 4m h/s but that comes from some "workers" that have a rate as low as 200 k/s. Would my lower hashrate hardware have a harder time here while my GawMiner Furys (1.3m h/s) be ok? Or does the site only care about my combined hashrate?

Thanks!

As an initiative to secure the blockchain we have taken up donations and gave them to http://karma.p2pool.altcoin.dk/ to offer additional block rewards to prompt desire to have the miner move into p2p pools.

From today this pool will pay %20 additional bonus on top of what you have already mined!!

Please help spread the news. P2P Pools are the answer to a safer network and will never cause a %51 attack.

parkkar

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:29:47 AM

I emailed Cryptsy support to update the coin image for Karma the other day but maybe a dev should send them an official image? This is on the Balance page after clicking on a coin link in the main window.

https://i.imgur.com/UgEfFRD.png
crocko

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:28:31 AM

hide the champagne, the same 6 Satoshi are here  Undecided

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
cryptowho

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:33:55 AM

I emailed Cryptsy support to update the coin image for Karma the other day but maybe a dev should send them an official image? This is on the Balance page after clicking on a coin link in the main window.

Thank You for the heads up and actually for taking the time to sent the email. funny enough we just sent them an email where we addressed a few topic and the new logo request was one of them.

cryptowho

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:41:24 AM

hehe all in due time.

btc market responed accordingly. it spiked to a high and stayed stable at 9 satoshi. Unfortunately the LTC/Karma could not keep up and dragged behind. Don't get me wrong. it jumped to an impressive 600 litoshi but then it was barely there. Soon the arbitrary exploit where one could buy cheap Karma at LTC/Karma market and sell it back with huge again at BTC/Karma market started to drag Karma down.

Now they are both stable at relatively 6 satoshis. I am prety sure as we build more and more volume in BTC market we can request to pause the LTC/Karma market and let us move with out the arbitrary exploit.

altcoingood

Activity: 172

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:13:36 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 07:24:42 AM by altcoingood

I tried mining here vs where I usually mine KARM (which is on hash-to-coin) but I've found payouts to be less regular than hash-to-coin. I only mined here for a day so is this because P2Pool is PPLNS? If so, is there a recommended minimum amount of days to throw my hash here before payouts become more regular? My combined hashrate is 4m h/s but that comes from some "workers" that have a rate as low as 200 k/s. Would my lower hashrate hardware have a harder time here while my GawMiner Furys (1.3m h/s) be ok? Or does the site only care about my combined hashrate?

Thanks!

You should combine all your workers. You do that by using the same wallet-address for all of them.

The reason you are not paid on every miner on every block is because of how p2pool works. it has its own (very fast) internal blockchain and if you dont find a share for a block on that chain your miner will not be paid.

If the combined hashrate of the p2pool is high and your miner hashrate is low sometimes you will not make it to the internal blockchain so my advice is to combine all workers into one.
Chargin

Activity: 184

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:38:52 AM

Please continue to use the Litecoin markets on both Mintpal and Cryptsy. These markets help build momentum and will prevent us stagnating and getting stuck between two values on the Bitcoin market.

Chargin.

Vote to get Karma listed on this exchange: https://hitbtc.com/vote (sign up to get a vote for 10 points, vote once every 24 hrs)
Trivelius

Activity: 344

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:54:10 AM

Please continue to use the Litecoin markets on both Mintpal and Cryptsy. These markets help build momentum and will prevent us stagnating and getting stuck between two values on the Bitcoin market.

Chargin.

+1

ARBITAO████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
ARBITAO - DECENTRALIZING ARBITRAGE               
T H E   N E W   W A Y   O F
A R B I T R A G E   T R A D I N G
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
         ▄
        ▄██▄
       ▄█████▄
      ▄███████▄
     ▄█████████▄
    █
███████████
  ▄███
███████████▄
 ▄████
████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████████████████▀
 ▀███████
██████████▀
  ▀████
███████████
   ▀█
████████████▀
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
█████████████  ██▄
██             ████▄
██             ██ ▀██▄
██        ▄█▄  ████████
██       ▄███▄       
██      ▄█▀ ▀█▄      ██
██     ▄█▀▄██▀█▄     ██
██    ▄████▀  ▀█▄    ██
██   █████████████   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██                   ██
███████████████████████
❱❱❱ Download WHITEPAPER
FACEBOOK       TELEGRAM
────      TWITTER      ────
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
learminer

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:56:10 AM

I understand you from a new miner's perspective. But from the view of someone who mined it when block rewards were 10x of today and price was less than 1/10th I can only say give it some time. Karma has achieved truly amazing things. It has turned from a so-so clone coin into one of the most exciting and stable growing coins in the entire altcoin scene. And all of that not because of hyping and copying the latest fad-features. But by organically growing a great community, exploring new services/usecases for the coin and creating the perpective for long lasting value and returns with Karmashares.

And you know what? Unlike the 70+ coins that copied Blackcoin's PoW/PoS + multipool aproach, the recent anonymity hype, or other "normal" coin features you can't jsut copy Karmashares. In theory any coin could copy the Proof-of-Coin and LLC idea, but you need the right team, organization, vision and skills to actually make that mean something. And that's where 90% of coins would fall short.

Value has grown like 40x over the past few months and while most profit-taking has already happened before we even returned to the BTC markets, there will always be resistance and after every increase price needs to settle to a new floor, before it can rise further. Karma price has more than doubled since we first talked about this only a few pages back, have some faith and patience my friend. You will be rewarded. Smiley

socoban

Activity: 314

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:08:26 AM

I checked KarmaShares donation adress, there has been almost none Karma to KarmaShares exchanges last month. I know, this project can be huge, but holding Karma is much saver right now than holding KarmaShares. Since people can switch from Karma to Karmashares anytime in future, but can't trade KarmaShares to Karma, KarmaShares are currently not atractive. They should be either timelocked, like people can trade Karma to Karmashares like max next few months, or they should got less and less shares in future. Right now, it is stupid to buy Karmashares, it just locks you money. People will hold Karma and wait to find out if KarmaShares are profitable. If we want people to help the project, they should own KarmaShares, not Karma only. Trading KarmaShares or Making KarmaShares more and more expensive compared to Karma is the only way, how to push them to buy KarmaShares. Since karmashares can be bought only by Karma, it will force them to buy Karma and push the price up more. More value Karma has, more people will know about it, more interest will come.  So I definitelly think, Making KarmaShares more atractive than Karma will help whole project a lot.

Not sure if it changes your perspective, but the timeline to actually purchase Karmashares passed long ago (the same weekend my computer flipped out on me so I missed the buy-in).  So you shouldn't see any transactions to the Karmashares donation address.  Holding 10M Karma in your wallet will entitle you to a Karmashares % but I'm not entirely up to date on how that process works if it's quarterly to mimic a corporation's quarterly holding reports or whatnot.

Not necessary true. Purchasing Karmashare points has not been closed. The only deadline was the extra bonus points. At this time you can trade the coins for x1.7 multiplier. Or you can keep your coin for x1 multiplier.

The reason why you see low purchase orders is because people feel safer to keep the coin in their own wallets. But there has been purchase volume. Last time i check a few weeks back there were 8.4 billion coin invested now we sit on 8.5 billion. So there have been people trading coins for points.

Some people still see that trading coins now for points it gives them the relief of worrying to hold their coins. Or trying to do a day trade and loose their coins. Or have to sit there and panic sell them. Not to mention they do it to support the LLC

As the price rise it probably be harder for people to invest their Karma as they hold on to them like they are bricks of gold.

This is why we need to keep building more and more project that will be founded by Karma at beginning, then fueled by users and return the profit back to Karma. A perfect cycle. We will not get anywhere if people hoard Karma like a brick of gold. The gold is the cycle. The gold are the projects. We can't keep Karma up. It will rise and drop some and rise and drop some. Every time it rises a new project will be born(will be funded) and when karma drops down the project will be there to keep it stable. Action and reaction.

Therefore when the project start becoming successful you will see a huge influx of new investors rushing to trade in coin to get karma points in order to get a slice of the pie.

You must give it some time. Also over 8.5 billion coin are invested. this is not a number to take lightly.

Where did you get 1000 coins = 1.7 shares?  
on Karmashares.com page there is this:

When you exchange your coins for shares, you will get points. On this list you can see everyone's wallet address(es), including your own. This will let you know how many coins you exchanged. how many points you have, how many points are left to be claimed, and more.

You will get 1 point for every 1,000 coins exchanged.
There is a 5,000,000 coin minimum.
There is no limit on the number of points you can claim

On that page there is also written this:

Of course. Starting around May 11 if you keep 10,000,000 coins in your wallet for 30+ days you'll automatically be eligible for membership. (In fact, we'll put you down as a shareholder even if you forget to notify us.) The exact date this will begin will be posted to this website.

So this means, 1000 coins = 1 share.  It also means, if you hold 10 million Karma it a wallet for 30 days and than sell, you are still karmashares holder forever. There is not written, Karma coin holders get only payouts when they hold coins, and lose that right after they sell them. Those information on karmashares.com make karmashares useless. If those information are misleading, fix them ASAP. Karma is somethink like POS coin where POS profit is revenue from KarmaShares company. This has to be clear, that selling Karma means losing KarmaShares revenue.

If there is currently 1.7 share for 1000 coins exchanged, it should be written on the page. If 1000 coins = 1 Share for holding Karma for 30+ days, than there should be written somewhere KarmaShares give 1.7x.

Anyway, market has already shown what is the ratio between trade-able and not tradeable shares. When you check BitShares PTS/AGS  than PTS are 5x more expensive than AGS.  This means, 1.7x for Karmashares is very low and not attractive. It should be 5x or KarmaShares should be trade-able. What Karma need is new blood, new people holding shares. Those people will care about projects and will help. It they just hold coins and not shares, they can dump them anytime and focus on other "scam coins".

p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:21:27 AM

Guys, please cycle trought all crypto websites, that you usually use. See if something about KARMA is missing or wrong. Let them know that we are back on BTC scene and big things are on the way. Write emails, raise support tickets. Push Coinwarz for example to update their info. This content management initiative can not be and should not be maintained only by the Dev.You will invest only a little time, but gain a lot of attention and maybe value. Basically you will do whatever you do every day, but with a little bit more attention to details. This is simple and effective approach to protect and grow your investment by yourself.
easteagle13

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:21:44 AM

I understand you from a new miner's perspective. But from the view of someone who mined it when block rewards were 10x of today and price was less than 1/10th I can only say give it some time. Karma has achieved truly amazing things. It has turned from a so-so clone coin into one of the most exciting and stable growing coins in the entire altcoin scene. And all of that not because of hyping and copying the latest fad-features. But (1) by organically growing a great community, (2) exploring new services/usecases for the coin and creating the perpective for long lasting value and returns with Karmashares.

And you know what? Unlike the 70+ coins that copied Blackcoin's PoW/PoS + multipool aproach, the recent anonymity hype, or other "normal" coin features you can't jsut copy Karmashares. (3) In theory any coin could copy the Proof-of-Coin and LLC idea, but you need the right team, organization, vision and skills to actually make that mean something. And that's where 90% of coins would fall short.

(4) Value has grown like 40x over the past few months and while most profit-taking has already happened before we even returned to the BTC markets, there will always be resistance and after every increase price needs to settle to a new floor, before it can rise further. Karma price has more than doubled since we first talked about this only a few pages back, have some faith and patience my friend. You will be rewarded. Smiley

Great points you emphasized there!

Point 1, If a new Karma curious would look at reddit and karma facebook page they may go :"hmmmmm, too few" Yet that few made the coin overtake many other heavily populated coin communities.

Point 2, A novel coin may attract a fleeting interest like so with PnD's then that's it. late comers are left holding the bag and a dream that somehow it may rise again without basis of hope.

Point 3, Yes anyone can copy what are so far done, but really, it would take a whole lot more to assemble the people behind the scene that made them so.

Point 4, 40X!!!?? This may seem absurd to some. But we have graphs that show it is even an understatement. Try 10 litoshis to 6 satoshis and find what is the ratio.

Our doors are open. Come in anytime. We love to have you here. Bring and receive good Karma.

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
p4r4m0un7

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:29:42 AM

Socoban, on the first page of this thread and on Karmashares.com you can see that if you trade your coins for shares, you will get 1.75 multiplier. So, you are mistaken about this. I as a KARMA investor am totally against that somebody who missed the Quantum periods to get more than 1.75. Actually if it was up to me, I would  definitely lower this ratio.
p4r4m0un7

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:33:27 AM

I understand you from a new miner's perspective. But from the view of someone who mined it when block rewards were 10x of today and price was less than 1/10th I can only say give it some time. Karma has achieved truly amazing things. It has turned from a so-so clone coin into one of the most exciting and stable growing coins in the entire altcoin scene. And all of that not because of hyping and copying the latest fad-features. But (1) by organically growing a great community, (2) exploring new services/usecases for the coin and creating the perpective for long lasting value and returns with Karmashares.

And you know what? Unlike the 70+ coins that copied Blackcoin's PoW/PoS + multipool aproach, the recent anonymity hype, or other "normal" coin features you can't jsut copy Karmashares. (3) In theory any coin could copy the Proof-of-Coin and LLC idea, but you need the right team, organization, vision and skills to actually make that mean something. And that's where 90% of coins would fall short.

(4) Value has grown like 40x over the past few months and while most profit-taking has already happened before we even returned to the BTC markets, there will always be resistance and after every increase price needs to settle to a new floor, before it can rise further. Karma price has more than doubled since we first talked about this only a few pages back, have some faith and patience my friend. You will be rewarded. Smiley

Great points you emphasized there!

Point 1, If a new Karma curious would look at reddit and karma facebook page they may go :"hmmmmm, too few" Yet that few made the coin overtake many other heavily populated coin communities.

Point 2, A novel coin may attract a fleeting interest like so with PnD's then that's it. late comers are left holding the bag and a dream that somehow it may rise again without basis of hope.

Point 3, Yes anyone can copy what are so far done, but really, it would take a whole lot more to assemble the people behind the scene that made them so.

Point 4, 40X!!!?? This may seem absurd to some. But we have graphs that show it is even an understatement. Try 10 litoshis to 6 satoshis and find what is the ratio.

Our doors are open. Come in anytime. We love to have you here. Bring and receive good Karma.

Actually, it is more than 40x. I have record of deals at 7 litoshi level. So, we are very proud of knowing you and be a little part of this.
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: