Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:26:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583018 times)
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 05:24:03 AM

Easteagle is a friend! Everybody who is a problem with him has a problem with me. However, the thing with Karma is that results are related to its causes... and will fall back on those who are responsable. So, no need for fighting those who do wrong. And of course, this is cryptoworld. Much fraud, such sad. Understandable that people are suspicious....

We are working hard to get this done properly. Of course we are not perfect. The twitter tipping bot went off in between. Everybody who did not recieve their bounty: please make a post with your Karma address: I will double it.

KarmaKaguy

Hello!
I am back and here it is my address: K9BHMZ3mMZh8qrCYJ6ffTcddEBjMCKKSXE
I will donate the entire amount to TPB (IMHO this is a good cause) if KARM will worth something on the BTC market.

BTC is on the horizon! But first, we need to add some additional security features to help guard against a variety of attacks. That is our priority now for the continued health of the coin, especially as we move back into our BTC pairing. We've already begun work on it and will likely be finished in a couple of weeks (with a good lead time for exchanges and miners).

If we're trading on BTC we expect a TREMENDOUS amount of volume compared to where we are now. This also means additional security measures are needed from what we have. If we don't fork soon then we risk someone else forking the coin for us, which nobody wants. (And nobody wants 200 confirmations just to move money around.)

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
easteagle13

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:19:05 AM

Does anyone know if this pool: http://karma.p2pool.altcoin.dk/ still has the 20% bonus on every block active?

I believe there are no 20% bonus here.
I mined in the "classic" pools and in this p2p pool. I saw no difference, I've got the same amount of coins in 24 hrs.

you are a very negative person since you started popping up here... i've just been testing out mining at this pool and if i look in my wallet i have 2 payouts, one of 190 karma and one straight away of 38 karma.. and guess what 20% of 190 is 38 so the 20% payout is working

Nope dude, I mined for KARM in both types of pools and I received the SAME amount in 24 hours ! This is displaying my wallet. PERIOD.
I have already a theory about your 20% bonus and this suddenly change of algo..  To the andromeda galaxy via BTC market, right ?
BTW, this dude easteagle13 still owe my the bounty for following on Twitter. Never paid to me, and this made me  suspicious and I start some investigations.  Cool
Good luck with your coin!

Hi crocko , you followed me in twitter for a certain bounty, can I ask which one is it? So I can check If I have indeed overlooked paying you. Thanks.

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
KarmaTeam (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:46:24 AM

BIG NEWS! (Announcement 2 of 2)

Karma to Introduce a SIDECHAIN for Added Security, Support, and Blockchain v2.0

http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php?topic=389.msg1875#msg1875
oly1

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:46:31 AM

May be you will find this is a dump question but i found some old Karmacoin in old wallet and start to thinking Is there a way to use them? I mean like new karma? Or they are old and inconsistent with new coins?

not a dump question at all.. I am happy you held to your coins.

what wallet version is it?  in you wallet go to Help - Debug Window and look where it says client version in Information Tab

Are you synched in as well?
My client version is v0.8.6.2.4-g000002-beta
Not synching. It is stays at "3 weeks behind" ( 167856 block )
Can I install new version wallet and put old wallet.dat in to new wallet folder? Or it is not working like that?
thanks  

Yes. You should be okay to synch up with this version. But its best you update.
But fist synch up with your current old wallet. Follow the steps below

To synch up.

Code:
in your wallet go to help | debug window | console and type in:

addnode altcoin.dk:9432 add

addnode altcoin.dk:9436 add

close the popup window, wait for your wallet to start syncing.Wait up to 15-30 mins

Then once you are updated. Download the newest wallet from the first page. Remove karmacoin-qt.exe and move the new karma-qt.exe that you downloaded. Run that and you should be up to date Smiley

Edit: i just realized that the if you run the new karma-qt.exe it will install a new folder under /app data/roaming/karma/

You old wallet might be under /app data/roaming/karmacoin/

If this is the case?HuhHuh
Thank you for your help. I manage it my way Smiley
The old wallet get synched (after 1h). I install new wallet and just send coins from old to a new wallet. Everything went ok.
Thanks everyone

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 06:49:40 AM

Great news!

easteagle13

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:59:27 AM

OUR GREAT NEWS #2!!!

[OFFICIAL] Karma to Introduce a Sidechain for Added Security and Support
http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php/topic,389.0/topicseen.html

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
Chargin

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:31:32 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 10:33:20 AM by Chargin

Quote from: kosmost on Official Karma Forum
In addition to announcing a hard fork for additional stability of our coin, we would also like to announce the development of a sidechain to augment the Karma ecosystem.

This will be the first working sidechain in the world of cryptocurrency.*

This sidechain, dubbed "Karmx" for now, will be a PoW/PoS/Po* hybrid that is merge-mined with Karma to provide additional security to the Karma blockchain. It will allow us to introduce some new features and add value to the Karma blockchain.

Supporting Karma by Merged Mining

By merge-mining with Karma, miners are rewarded for securing the Karma blockchain with both Karma rewards and KARMx rewards during the PoW period (and possibly beyond). No new Karma coins needs to be created. (In fact, this could help reduce the overall number of coins.)

Variable PoS Interest

We feel that introducing variable PoS interest instead of hard-coded, static interest mirrors the real economy and allows the Karmx economy more flexibility to react to the health of the Karma blockchain. In this way we are mirroring the benefits of a centralized system (such as a central bank) in a decentralized way (determined by distributed mining activity and of course the algorithm). For example, if there is a period where the Karma net hash rate drops significantly the Karmx sidechain would react by increasing the interest rate.

A Gold Peg

Additionally, Karmx will be a mathematically-controlled 1-way peg that introduces pricing stability into the Karma ecosystem during its PoW period. Karma will be sent to the sidechain, exchanged for Karmx at a rate commensurate with the price of gold (or a composite or equity with greater stability, such as the DJIA; open for debate)

Example

Day 1 - 5,000 Karma = 1 Karmx (baseline of gold is $1,000)
Day 10 - 4,750 Karma = 1 Karmx (gold has decreased 5% from base)
Day 40 - 5,750 Karma = 1 Karmx (gold has increased 15% from base)

In this way, there is support for the price of Karmx as investors either A) buy KARMx with BTC if the exchange rate is lower; or B) buy KARMx with Karma is the exchange rate is higher. It could also provide additional support to Karma.

The price of Karmx can rise significantly higher than the peg as users buy the currency outright, of course, but the peg acts to provide support to the price and provide a minimum exchange value with Karma.

We are in the process of writing a whitepaper for this that clarifies the network and economic benefits of the Karmx sidechain better than I can explain it in this announcement. We would expect the X11+automatic checkpointing+time warp limitation updates to be available within 3 weeks or less and the sidechain work to begin after that.

Po*

More information on this possible feature will be released as we approach launch.

Greater Freedom to Develop

Like Bitcoin's development of a Bitcoin sidechain, a Karma sidechain allows us the freedom to develop and, importantly, scale. A Karma sidechain can be used for extending the features of the Karma blockchain. Things like user-issued assets, smart contracts, and a multitude of financial instruments that add value to the Karma economy.

Karmx is, essentially, Karma blockchain v2.0

Sidechains allow us to do things that we couldn't do (or would not want to risk doing) to the Karma blockchain. It creates a firewall, protecting the Karma mainchain.

Features

PoW phase:
  • 1-way, indirect peg to price of gold
  • ends 120 days after launch
  • estimated coins: 3,456,000

PoS phase:
  • Variable PoS interest depending on how much network security is needed
  • stake with Karmx wallets
  • possible continued peg to price of gold

Po* phase:
  • Other unique features of this coin may be announced closer to launch

General features:
  • PoW/PoS/Po* hybrid
  • merged mined with Karma
  • 40 million total supply
  • 20 coins per block
  • 60 second block target
  • No new Karma coins need to be created

(for those wondering how we can do PoS and issue 20 coins per block, it should be noted that the parameters are effectively manageable but not infinitely so. The benefit of having a low number of coins for the first ~50 years outweighs the difficulty involved with running out of coins in ~200 years. Hopefully by then we'll be mining directly from our brains!)

In future we may create a two-way sidechain with lots of cool features. But for now, Karmx will be a one-way sidechain until we figure out network integrity, security, value-store properties, etc.

*Although companies like Coinbase may have their own private Bitcoin sidechains

Great news!

Lol I'm sure you had no idea that was coming...

Well you did something I wasn't really expecting based on announcements, you closely missed what I think is best.

Like:
-Pegged against gold (or similar, I can't imagine a better peg)
-Variable interest, depending on how it works exactly
-Can buy KARMX during PoW

Dislike:
-Merged mining (any mining) to get it started
-We are using a potentially less valuable PoS system by market cap to help secure a more valuable by market cap PoW system. It isn't just an added security measure, it can lock in abuses. It is like if Bitcoin were to decide to use Blackcoin to implement check pointing. Why can't people who hold Karma directly secure Karma directly? My coin holdings (lets say 1 billion for arguments sake, which it is not the amount I really hold) would be a much better protection than somebody that mines or cheaply buys KARMX on an exchange - who could theoretically buy them for a fraction of my holdings. KARMX could become worthless just like any another coin unless you can always trade KARMX back into Karma at a set rate and rebuy at a set rate, however you may just end up with nobody holding KARMX or KARM. You are far more likely to have nothing at stake on KARMX than KARMA.

I hope PO* is something to do with actual KARM holdings. If it is releasing that as 3 out of 2 announcements is foolish because there could be billions of Karma on the market before you have a chance to announce it.

I hope people doing trades for 100s of Litecoin don't know the 3rd of 2 announcements.

I will not buy KARMX to secure KARM, that is an unreasonable expectation.

We are looking at a catastrophic mistake if done poorly and a big mistake if done correctly, with the level of mistake centering around how little or much KARMX is involved in securing KARM. Luckily you left out Karmashares so nothing can go wrong in that respect.

Vote to get Karma listed on this exchange: https://hitbtc.com/vote (sign up to get a vote for 10 points, vote once every 24 hrs)
crocko

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:46:05 AM

Hi crocko , you followed me in twitter for a certain bounty, can I ask which one is it? So I can check If I have indeed overlooked paying you. Thanks.

Hi easteagle13!

I have nothing personal with you or with the KARMA's Team, I simply didn't received that bounty.
I understand that are others persons in my situation.
My address it is the same ( K9BHMZ3mMZh8qrCYJ6ffTcddEBjMCKKSXE ), I can't remember how much was that bounty.
My best regards,
Crocko

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
Chargin

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:47:24 AM

It may be the lack of sleep and other issues going on in my life right now but I'm pretty annoyed at how this has been handled.

Vote to get Karma listed on this exchange: https://hitbtc.com/vote (sign up to get a vote for 10 points, vote once every 24 hrs)
easteagle13

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:25:06 AM

Hi easteagle13!

I have nothing personal with you or with the KARMA's Team, I simply didn't received that bounty.
I understand that are others persons in my situation.
My address it is the same ( K9BHMZ3mMZh8qrCYJ6ffTcddEBjMCKKSXE ), I can't remember how much was that bounty.
My best regards,
Crocko

What is your twitter account?

easteagle13

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:28:59 AM

It may be the lack of sleep and other issues going on in my life right now but I'm pretty annoyed at how this has been handled.

Take a deep breath. We're all in this together. (Together we stand, divided we fall!). If you want to express what's on your mind you can always send a PM to any of us, saving the community any negative vibes which does not help anyone or Karma itself.

I hope you'll get through nicely from whatever personal issues you're having atm. Sleep is indeed our friend.

p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:38:49 AM

Chargin, "I find your lack of faith disturbing" Grin. Go to sleep, think it over. Discuss it privately with other Karma members. You can not afford to be dramatic at open forums. I can. Because I am not part of the team. At the end you will find that sky isn't falling. All of this is amazing. This changes to the coin are awesome. I understand that you have concerns, but believe me, my intuitive and analytical thinking are telling me, that soon after this changes we will be at top 7 of capitalization charts. I have noticed that you and 2 other members of our community have concerns on a concept base. I am really sorry about telling you this, but the war in crypto world is no more on a concept level. This was into the past. Now is all about innovation. And this changes are great. Do not fear them. Embrace them.
pac

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:12:38 AM

Who did you get to do the necessary coding and on what basis?
p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:30:52 AM

Wow, I like the trading volume on Mintpal. It isn't at thousand of bitcoins, but when we have our BTC pairing again, we will get there.
karmala

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:41:29 AM

Chargin, "I find your lack of faith disturbing" Grin. Go to sleep, think it over. Discuss it privately with other Karma members. You can not afford to be dramatic at open forums. I can. Because I am not part of the team. At the end you will find that sky isn't falling. All of this is amazing. This changes to the coin are awesome. I understand that you have concerns, but believe me, my intuitive and analytical thinking are telling me, that soon after this changes we will be at top 7 of capitalization charts. I have noticed that you and 2 other members of our community have concerns on a concept base. I am really sorry about telling you this, but the war in crypto world is no more on a concept level. This was into the past. Now is all about innovation. And this changes are great. Do not fear them. Embrace them.

+1 from KarmaKaguy

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
Chargin

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:42:32 AM

Thank you for the well wishes.

I don't want information the public doesn't have while I'm deciding if I should buy or sell. I had an argument with Kosmost over me receiving non-publicly available information which was about to become known (of negligible significance compared to this) in which he advised me to post concerns like this in the forum, which I'm more than happy to do.

A concept is everything in the crpyto world because that is the value of any cryptocurrency until it is mainstream.

I do not want only positive things about Karma posted in public just for appearances sake. If somebody is doing something stupid I'll send them a private message letting them know, luckily I haven't felt that necessary to date (for those that have received messages from me). If I see something happening with Karma, beyond a single person's actions, you will see it in a public forum.

I will play the devil's advocate if nobody else wants to even if it doesn't make me popular. I'm not a yes man and I won't say I agree with something unless I fully agree with it.

Chargin.

Timeline
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:08:34 AM

I now have 10m+ coins in wallet. I hold them min 30 days in wallet and I automatically become a shareholder?
Im new to Karma so sorry for asking noob questions  Grin

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 11:18:19 AM

We are looking at a catastrophic mistake if done poorly and a big mistake if done correctly, with the level of mistake centering around how little or much KARMX is involved in securing KARM. Luckily you left out Karmashares so nothing can go wrong in that respect.

Your sentiments for Karma continue to amaze me, moderator  Grin

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 11:19:11 AM

Perhaps it's that time of the mouth lol

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 11:23:04 AM

[snips]I'm not a yes man and I won't say I agree with something unless I fully agree with it.

How it is wished the opposite was also true Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: