Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:02:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 [968] 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667061 times)
Drhiggins

Activity: 306
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:24:54 PM

So I'm thinking of setting up a small site to sell some goods.  I would want to integrate Monero but my question is this.  Is there an automated script or process that would adjust the value of XMR to U.S. dollars say like every 15 minutes?

I would probably need some support from the true techs here if I go with this project.   

Monerohash.com   U.S. Mining Pool
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 04:30:02 PM

More projects needed.
It's the rite time to start, and that start have to be rapid.

What kind of projects?

I was thinking of starting a hosting reseller dealing exclusively in monero using innohost. Truly private hosting. Can't develop a web page for crap though.

stslimited talked about colored coins in the xmr blockchain, which could be interesting - you could verify ownership of assets only if you wanted to, by providing your view key.

I still think a custom version of ubuntu with a GUI monero wallet that could be put on a 64 gig USB stick to create a monero vault for the inexperienced would be good too.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 04:37:08 PM

So I'm thinking of setting up a small site to sell some goods.  I would want to integrate Monero but my question is this.  Is there an automated script or process that would adjust the value of XMR to U.S. dollars say like every 15 minutes?

I would probably need some support from the true techs here if I go with this project.  

xmrmonero.com offers any project, product or service a page to promote itself. Drhiggins, Ginger Ale, your projects could be the next entrants.

Below the three first entrants (once a critical mass will be reached, we will change the menu):

Latest entrant is Moneroblok: https://xmrmonero.com/page/en/moneroblock

How it works:
1. Submit you project (or someone else's project) with the "contact us" link
2. If your project is accepted, a page will be created and you will be given editing right for this page only (guest editing).

You can have your content translated in as many languages as you want (go to the "translate" page and start editing - if your language is not available, contact me). You can see for instance that Moneroblocks already has a Portuguese translation (I'm still working on some minor but annoying technical issues.

Since you have full editing rights, you can update the content as often as you want and as you see fit. Eventually, some limitations regarding what can be written will have to be enforced, but for the moment, this is pretty free-form.

Do you part to make the Monero ecosystem grow!

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Drhiggins

Activity: 306
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 05:14:10 PM

Well thank you all.  My site would be selling firearm ammunition in the U.S.  It would have a fiat prossessing but I want to incorporate XMR maybe BTC.  Most transaction interfaces (A.K.A. Shopping Cart Software) are not going to be set up to integrate Monero but some might integrate BTC. Its a good way off to get it rolling but I have sold many things online over the years and know how to get a site up.  Gonna start playing around with it very soon.  My main thing to help Monero out, is to offer it as a payment option.  Anyway I'll ask and look at the Monero resources and people within the Monero community when the time comes.

I can't work for the Government much longer, its killing my soul. LOL

Monerohash.com   U.S. Mining Pool
papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 05:23:00 PM

moneroblocks.eu guy: (i forget who you were, and don't feel like digging through this thread):

Hello Dave!

Do you have any other plans for moneroblocks.eu?

Yes. As I said initially its a little crude. I happen to share David's view. If it works put it out there. Worry about perfection later.

Most changes in the near term won't be visible.

I think it'd be awesome if you could essentially clone all of the stuff thats provided on blockchain.info for the bitcoin network.

Me too!  Grin But that could take a while.

specifically, I think it'd be awesome to have a list of active peers. or the globe representation of that would be even awesomer.

That is a nice idea. I'll put it in the todo list.

I'll throw 5 xmr your way to make this happen.

Thanks. I'll hold you to it!!!

I just think it'd be great to see the actual depth of the network. I know there is a boatload of hash, but how many copies of the ledger are out there?

And this should reaallly be integrated into mymonero as a tab or something. I.e., how secure are my transactions if I work with monero? Oh great, here is everything on this fancy web wallet.

even cooler if this stuff is in the GUI. God I can't wait to see that. Seriously, anybody got anything I can debug (that I can actually build? dependencies are a pain if your a guy who just broke the habit of trying to ctrl+c to copy code from terminal)

And now you're just ranting... lol
GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 05:25:43 PM

^^ word, well, when I get home I'll send it and PM u a payment ID

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
papa_lazzarou

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 05:35:05 PM

^^ word, well, when I get home I'll send it and PM u a payment ID

I was thinking you'd want to escrow that. To be released on completion. Smiley
bobabouey2

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:25:30 PM

Prosecutors Trace $13.4M in Bitcoins From the Silk Road to Ulbricht’s Laptop

http://www.wired.com/2015/01/prosecutors-trace-13-4-million-bitcoins-silk-road-ulbrichts-laptop/

And: http://www1.icsi.berkeley.edu/~nweaver/ulbricht_direct.html
AnonCoinTwitter

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:26:15 PM

DRK founder replied to this issue today. Sounds like he thought about it when designing the masternodes

Anyone care to address the implications of this question? If registration of Masternodes is required, the penalties for not doing so could be significant.

The real question in my mind in the Monero vs Darkcoin debate is:

Are Darkcoin masternodes Money Transmitters under FinCEN regulations? This is significant given that a significant number of Darkcoin masternodes are under US jurisdiction.

This is far from clear from reading the FinCEN rulings http://www.fincen.gov/news_room/rp/rulings/pdf/FIN-2014-R001.pdf and http://www.fincen.gov/news_room/rp/rulings/pdf/FIN-2014-R012.pdf. The situation for Monero is on the other hand clear given the existing rulings involving Bitcoin above, since there is no masternode equivalent in Monero that a regulator can regulate.

"FinCEN understands that Bitcoin mining imposes no obligations on a Bitcoin user to send mined Bitcoin to any other person or place for the benefit of another. Instead, the user is free to use the mined virtual currency or its equivalent for the user’s own purposes, such as to purchase real or virtual goods and services for the user’s own use. To the extent that a user mines Bitcoin and uses the Bitcoin solely for the user’s own purposes and not for the benefit of another, the user is not an MSB under FinCEN’s regulations,"

Sounds very clear to me, Masternodes are not MSBs. (I'm not a lawyer, take it for what it's worth)

Thank you for your response on this!

Based on the amount of money involved, at this point do you think talking to a lawyer would be a good idea? Should the community be raising some funds for that purpose?  Perhaps if there was more clarity on the issue, more people would consider starting masternodes (assuming they are permissible under the current regulatory environment).

bobabouey2

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:42:04 PM

"FinCEN understands that Bitcoin mining imposes no obligations on a Bitcoin user to send mined Bitcoin to any other person or place for the benefit of another. Instead, the user is free to use the mined virtual currency or its equivalent for the user’s own purposes, such as to purchase real or virtual goods and services for the user’s own use. To the extent that a user mines Bitcoin and uses the Bitcoin solely for the user’s own purposes and not for the benefit of another, the user is not an MSB under FinCEN’s regulations,"

Sounds very clear to me, Masternodes are not MSBs. (I'm not a lawyer, take it for what it's worth)

"Bitcoin mining imposes no obligations on a Bitcoin user to send mined Bitcoin to any other person or place for the benefit of another."

Isn't that exactly what a Masternode does. You are taking other people's coins, mixing it up, and sending it to other people, for the benefit of other people.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:48:36 PM

"Bitcoin mining imposes no obligations on a Bitcoin user to send mined Bitcoin to any other person or place for the benefit of another."

Isn't that exactly what a Masternode does. You are taking other people's coins, mixing it up, and sending it to other people, for the benefit of other people.

No that isn't what masternodes do. They mix up addressing information but the masternodes don't take possession of the coins.

bobabouey2

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:58:22 PM

No that isn't what masternodes do. They mix up addressing information but the masternodes don't take possession of the coins.

Fair point.  Can I rephrase it to say that they are assisting others in sending their coins to other persons for the benefit of others?
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 08:46:21 PM

Bitcoin users are called "Bitcoiner(s)".
Litecoin users are called "Litecoiner(s)".
etc.

How are Monero users called?

Is there already a cool name/term? Or do we need to create/find one? Obvious best via a community decision.
GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 09:07:21 PM

etc.

Is there already a cool name/term? Or do we need to create/find one? Obvious best via a community decision.

Monerian.

or if there's Esperanto rules regarding this, that would pertinent. Monerita?

dewdeded
Legendary

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 09:17:40 PM

Are u guessing or do you know that for sure, like this being the (semi) offical term?

Kinda hope it's not. IMHO, Monerian sounds pretty lame and seems bad marketing-wise.

I am interested in hearing more opinions.
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 09:18:23 PM

Fair point.  Can I rephrase it to say that they are assisting others in sending their coins to other persons for the benefit of others?

I'm not sure.

They just coordinate a group signature with multiple inputs and outputs. However, the design of it presently is that no one is actually transacting money; the matching inputs and outputs always belong to the same person. That makes it seem pretty unlikely to me that they'd be classified as MSBs, though how the old version (where they coordinated on-the-fly mixing for actual transactions (sender and receiver were different)) would be treated is murkier.

etc.

My vote is on "Mooners".  Grin
papa_lazzarou

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 09:23:57 PM

Are u guessing or do you know that for sure, like this being the (semi) offical term?

Kinda hope it's not. IMHO, Monerian sounds pretty lame and seems bad marketing-wise.

I am interested in hearing more opinions.

Monerator

EDIT:

My vote is on "Mooners".  Grin

+1
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 09:27:48 PM

I like Monos it plays well with anonymity

Come-In-Behind

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 09:28:23 PM

Fair point.  Can I rephrase it to say that they are assisting others in sending their coins to other persons for the benefit of others?

I was thinking that, the masternodes are still assisting in providing services to others.
dewdeded
Legendary

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 09:31:29 PM

I was thinking that, the masternodes are still assisting in providing services to others.
You are right, they do more services to the network then assisting the TX obfuscating process.
Pages: « 1 ... 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 [968] 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: