Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:27:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 2122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4666933 times)
nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:49:28 PM

I didn't know about this. That is my mistake.

We have moved out some of our investment.

Bytecoin was forked into a coin that the community could participate in from day one.
Alas, none of the bugs or short comings were fixed in doing that— and it doesn't appear that any of the people involved in it have the background for the low level work. So you might have just written out the only active developers of the software, may not bode well for continued development.

The fork also can't claim to be roses and sunshine wrt fairness: As someone very interested in privacy technology and as someone who is usually near the hub of technical discussion in the Bitcoin system, I'd never heard of that fork until just recently— nearly a month after it's start.  And… has a very fast coin distribution, and was started with a difficulty much lower than the network could support. A lot could have been done to improve fairness (e.g. fixing the subsidy to a low level at least until the difficulty crossed the level where the prior system was, or setting the minimum difficulty to a good fraction of the achieved rate), promoting it outside of pools of altcoin speculators (e.g. why do I hear about zerocash 100,000 times for every time I hear about this stuff?), etc.   Not that I think that any of the altcoin stuff is advisable, but if you're going to make a fork on the virtue of fairness wouldn't it behoove you to actually be fair? Smiley

And, of course, the fork has now also been forked. That one at least tames the insanely fast distribution somewhat... but it too doesn't fix any of the worse parts... I can only imagine that we're going to continue to see once a month forks of that stuff— suits me fine, while the technology is interesting and useful, the speculative churn is not.

is this fud?

he claims to be an expert and he implies he has his finger on the pulse of cryptocurrency. yet, he found out about this coin 1 month after it has come out. I had only heard of bitcoin in passing, never knew whta it was and signed up on bitcointalk and found out about this coin the day it was announced. either he is a fud spreder, or this should be humbling as he may not be the expert he claims to be.

i am not in the mining business - but this is kind of funny. It was completely visible here. I found this coins maybe 3-4 after the announcement, the thread already had 20 pages, there was a well managed otc trade in the marketplace. what do people expect? - an anouncement in the new york times?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blaaaaacksuit

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Who cares?

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:56:52 PM

i am not in the mining business - but this is kind of funny. It was completely visible here. I found this coins maybe 3-4 after the announcement, the thread already had 20 pages, there was a well managed otc trade in the marketplace. what do people expect? - an anouncement in the new york times?

LOL & +1
Xdragon

Activity: 543

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:57:34 PM

Monero is now on minergate! First and only reliable CN pool. Join in.
what are the fees
2.5%

Monero is now on minergate! First and only reliable CN pool. Join in.

No thanks, we have open source pool software here and u don't seem to interesting in supporting the os approach.
LOL, I am not a dev, just spreading the news Cheesy
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:04:15 PM

Guys, what is the best pool to mine at nowadays?

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 02:07:50 PM

I feel like 300% is a lot for one day. Might have to sell a few...
10/200 strategy. Sell 10% of you remaining stash every time the price doubles. After three doubling, you reach ROI. Plus you ensure liquidity of the market (source)

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
emontmon

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:09:37 PM

Risky investing is something with so many clones, and no first mover advantage. At this point it's naive to suggest that Monero will be "the" Cryptonote coin simply because it was the first Bytecoin clone.

actually, it is the only cryptonote coin that matters so far, and the best privacy of any crypto on the market.
And what makes you think that besides that fact that you're invested in it? A different clone could gather a better development team, and then surpass Monero. It's not something you can definitively say won't happen.
then that coin would definately not have first mover advantage compared to this coin. your concerns seem to be contorted to fit your argument. is this fud?
It's not first mover advantage if it's a carbon copy. "Well we cloned it first!" Sounds a bit trivial doesn't it ?
not at all. look at the market reaction. does not seem trivial. perhapse your conclusions are wrong. have you considered that your view point maybe wrong.
1. bytecoin: we do not know if it was a test of cryptonight. it was mined for 2 years with 80 percent of coins mined in that 2 years in secret. No announcement on usual forms.
2. Monero is first implementation of cryptonight, on the clear web with announcement. Certain changes were made. As the current developers are not the developers of they techonology nor of bytecoin, it was deemed to best clone with certain changes. slower emission. change in confirmation time. Much of the current changes are back implemented into bytecoin not the other way around. open source pools, optimized miners. gui wallet bounty.
3. What other innovative changes do you think will a clone of monero bring that will unseat monero from first mover advantage. for all intense and purposes, monero is first mover advantage incorporating innovative techology some thing completely different from bitcoin which explains its current popularity.
parker928

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:11:13 PM

I didn't know about this. That is my mistake.

We have moved out some of our investment.

Bytecoin was forked into a coin that the community could participate in from day one.
Alas, none of the bugs or short comings were fixed in doing that— and it doesn't appear that any of the people involved in it have the background for the low level work. So you might have just written out the only active developers of the software, may not bode well for continued development.

The fork also can't claim to be roses and sunshine wrt fairness: As someone very interested in privacy technology and as someone who is usually near the hub of technical discussion in the Bitcoin system, I'd never heard of that fork until just recently— nearly a month after it's start.  And… has a very fast coin distribution, and was started with a difficulty much lower than the network could support. A lot could have been done to improve fairness (e.g. fixing the subsidy to a low level at least until the difficulty crossed the level where the prior system was, or setting the minimum difficulty to a good fraction of the achieved rate), promoting it outside of pools of altcoin speculators (e.g. why do I hear about zerocash 100,000 times for every time I hear about this stuff?), etc.   Not that I think that any of the altcoin stuff is advisable, but if you're going to make a fork on the virtue of fairness wouldn't it behoove you to actually be fair? Smiley

And, of course, the fork has now also been forked. That one at least tames the insanely fast distribution somewhat... but it too doesn't fix any of the worse parts... I can only imagine that we're going to continue to see once a month forks of that stuff— suits me fine, while the technology is interesting and useful, the speculative churn is not.

is this fud?

he claims to be an expert and he implies he has his finger on the pulse of cryptocurrency. yet, he found out about this coin 1 month after it has come out. I had only heard of bitcoin in passing, never knew whta it was and signed up on bitcointalk and found out about this coin the day it was announced. either he is a fud spreder, or this should be humbling as he may not be the expert he claims to be.

yes, it is fud. fud is rampant on this coin so many idiots are mad. Please don't be fooled by cleverly disguised fud like this.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 02:14:49 PM

I agree with you guys..MRO is a gread coin
How do you say "double entendre" in Esperanto?
Good catch!

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Billyboy402

Activity: 599

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:15:22 PM

https://minergate.com

Pool 801.5H/sec
Miners:18

am i missing some thing , look a bit high compare to other pool with only 20 h/s but with 100 miner

THIS ACCOUNT WAS HACK > SORRY FOR ANY ONE THAT HAS DEALT WITH THIS ACCOUNT.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 02:16:36 PM

I'm a Darkcoin fanatic.

I saw Monero as a threat to my investment.

So I bought some.

Now I'm a Monero fanatic as well  Wink
So you are not a Darkcoin fanatic. You are a Darkcoin pragmatic Smiley
But you might very well be an anonymity fanatic.

dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:19:01 PM

https://minergate.com

Pool 801.5H/sec
Miners:18

am i missing some thing , look a bit high compare to other pool with only 20 h/s but with 100 miner

Its completely dependent on who's mining there and the hash rate that they are providing.
nopedope89
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1059

FROSTING

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:22:21 PM

MinerGate cryptocurrency mining pool now supports Monero mining!
To start mining Monero on Minergate you just need to sign up and download a multiplatform miner.

Monero, please add MinerGate to your pool list in the original message.

.next-generation social media service.
██   based on blockchain technology ██
                      ▄▄█▄ ▀▄▄
                   ▄███████  ███▄▄
               ▄█████▀▀ ████  ▀█████▄▄
           ▄▄█████▀    ▄ ▀███▄   ▀▀█████▄
       ▄▄█████▀       ██▄ ▀███▄      ▀▀█████▄
      ▐███▀▀        ▄█████  ████         ▀███▌
      ▐███         ████▀███▄ ▀███         ███▌
      ▐███        ████  ▀███▄ ▀███▄       ███▌
      ▐███      ▄███▀ ▄█  ███▌ ▐███▌      ███▌
      ▐███     ▄███▀ ████  ▀██▓  ████     ███▌
      ▐███    ████  ███▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄   ███▌
      ▐███   ████ ▄███▀ ▄██████████████▄  ███▌
      ▐██▀ ▄███▀ ▄███▒                    ███▌
      ▐█▀ ▄███▀ █████████████████████████████▌
         ████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
           ▀▀█████▄▄             ▄█████▀▀
               ▀▀█████▄▄     ▄▄████▀▀
                   ▀▀█████▄█████▀
                       ▀████▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ██▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀██ ▐██▀▀▀▀██ ▐██▀▀▀▀▀ ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀███▀ ████▄ ███ ███▀▀▀▀▀
     ███▄▄▄▄ ███   ▐██▌▐██▄  ▐██ ▐██████  ███▄▄▄▄▄   ██▌    ▓██  █████▄███ ██▌ ▄▄▄▄▄
     ██▀▀▀▀  ███   ▐██▌▐███▀███▀ ▐██        ▀▀▀▀██▌  ██▌    ▓██  ███ █████ ██▌   ███
     ██▌     ▀████████ ▐██   ██▌ ▐███████░████████   ██▌   █████ ███  ▀███ ▀████████
Twitter
Facebook
Youtube
Telegram [EN]
Telegram [KOR]
Medium
mickey_miner

Activity: 910

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:40:20 PM

MinerGate cryptocurrency mining pool now supports Monero mining!
To start mining Monero on Minergate you just need to sign up and download a multiplatform miner.

Monero, please add MinerGate to your pool list in the original message.

Minergate uses CLOSED SOURCE SOFTWARE for their pool.  Monero devs, pool developer and numerous others have been working hard to create the OPEN SOURCE mining pool code.  Please support the Open Source concept and keep your miners pointed at one of the Open Source mining pools.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:40:57 PM

What a surprise, your coin got dumped. Maybe try to get some strong fundamentals first and your price might hold up. Maybe take DarkCoin as an example.
jcarl987

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:42:37 PM

What a surprise, your coin got dumped. Maybe try to get some strong fundamentals first and your price might hold up. Maybe take DarkCoin as an example.

It's up 500% from a couple of days ago. How awful?

suchnekky

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:45:30 PM

id hardly say that 550%+ up since launch 24hours ago was a dump  Grin

• ⓢⓤⓒⓗⓝⓔⓚⓚⓨ •
Sy
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Bounty Detective

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:47:40 PM

LOL it's like Kindergarten here.

Keep the DRK news in your own thread, DRK isn't as stable as you want everyone to believe anyway, price jumped around today quite a bit when ppl dumped...

BOUNTY DETECTIVE