Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:14:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667061 times)
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:40:07 PM

I hope Darksend Masternode investors did their homework on Ring Signature technology. When coins already exist (Monero) that are more anonymous than Darkcoin/Darksend without requiring centralized nodes only accessible to those rich enough to afford the arbitrary amount, it stands to topple your whole system.

Monero is like a decentralized Darkcoin if you think about it.

Darksend/Masternodes are a brilliant Idea by Evan. They give incentive to host nodes to uphold the network And allow anonymous transactions...Basically, you get paid to help uphold the Darkcoin network and have anonymous transactions at the same time, unlike Bitcoin and such where you get nothing in return.

Evan has also perfected Masternodes to where they're as anonymous as Ring Signatures.
And he's not done.

He's going to implement Both Ring Signatures and I2P ontop Masternodes.

Monero and other Bytecoin clones don't stand a chance against Darkcoin practically...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
othe

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:49:28 PM

I hope Darksend Masternode investors did their homework on Ring Signature technology. When coins already exist (Monero) that are more anonymous than Darkcoin/Darksend without requiring centralized nodes only accessible to those rich enough to afford the arbitrary amount, it stands to topple your whole system.

Darksend/Masternodes are a brilliant Idea by Evan. They give incentive to host nodes to uphold the network And allow anonymous transactions...Basically, you get paid to help uphold the Darkcoin network and have anonymous transactions at the same time, unlike Bitcoin and such where you get nothing in return.

Evan has also perfected Masternodes to where they're as anonymous as Ring Signatures.
And he's not done.

Monero and other Bytecoin clones don't stand a chance against Darkcoin practically...

No they are creating a 2 class environment - people who have the cash to run a node and the others who arent. Not to mention most of them are all hosted at amazon, do and ovh anyway: http://drk.poolhash.org/masternode.html - so much for decentralization.
So great, you get paid for providing anonymity whereas anonymity is free here and standart in all cryptonote based coins.

Masternodes can never be as anonymous as ringsingatures - its somehow a fail by design.

And why does he want to implement ring singatures than if your masternode are so perfect? (he already said hes not doing it btw).

You can easily run monero with i2p and tor support, for tor just tunnel it through tsocks on linux or proxifier on windows or run it into a VM like whonix, same applies to i2p...

Have fun bagholding your closed source darkcoins but stop annoying us here with your technical nonsense.

Arlong

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:05:48 PM

By the way,the 32bit binaries are not working. I tried both 15/5 and 20/5 versions
othe

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:14:47 PM

By the way,the 32bit binaries are not working. I tried both 15/5 and 20/5 versions

Provide Details? Whats the error, whats your os?

giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:16:18 PM

And he's not done.

No he will not, and if he does it will be a shitty, forced implementation whereas the natural enviorment for ring signatures is within Monero's code. Just deal with the fact being a Bitcoin fork presents 0.0 advantages for being anonymous.

Arlong

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:23:26 PM

I tried it on Windows XP 32bit.The error message is "bitmonerod.exe is not a valid Win32 application"
Simplewallet.exe and simpleminer.exe give the same error message too.

Gambiman

Activity: 389

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:30:42 PM

Something weird is happening, whenever I mine for a certain amount of time, all shares are getting refused. Anybody having this issue? I don't know if time is the factor or something else happening on the computer but it is very weird.

Trade markets with Bitcoins ! Including Forex, Commodities and Stocks SimpleFX
Transfer Money accross borders with so little fee that it is silly !
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:36:43 PM

Pm each other if you want to bitch about darkcoin.

Good advice, I guess.  On the other hand, I'm happy to gather snippets of fundamental differences between MRO and it's main competitors within this thread, without having to wade through 1,000 posts on the drk thread for the same information.

But I'm lazy (as well as dumb.)

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
orinoco

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

<3 big picture

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:40:00 PM

Something weird is happening, whenever I mine for a certain amount of time, all shares are getting refused. Anybody having this issue? I don't know if time is the factor or something else happening on the computer but it is very weird.

Are you using cpuminer-multi?  (minerd)

I have the same problem - whether I use the --no-longpoll flag or not, it still switches to "booooo" after some number of hashes, and then stays there.  It looks like a bug in the pool code, as the difficulty appears to drop back to the pool's openign value at the same time.

i.e. pool might start me off at difficulty 500.. it will then go up to a higher level incrementally with lots of "yay", and then suddenly minerd shows difficulty back at 500 and forevermore get boooo.

I'm back to using simpleminer again and just running multiple instances of it - one for each cpu thread.

Twitter: Omnipreneur
darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:42:53 PM

And he's not done.

No he will not, and if he does it will be a shitty, forced implementation whereas the natural enviorment for ring signatures is within Monero's code. Just deal with the fact being a Bitcoin fork presents 0.0 advantages for being anonymous.

No offense, but you sound really stupid. CryptoNote isn't that anonymous, as anonymint said. You can definitely implement Ring Signatures into a Bitcoin type coin and have it working pretty much the same it does on Bytecoin forks...

It doesn't matter the algorithim  lmao...So implementing Ring Signatures on Darksend would grant the same exact anonymity that it does to Bytecoin forks...Your arguement is invalid.
Gambiman

Activity: 389

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:49:28 PM

Are you using cpuminer-multi?  (minerd)

I have the same problem - whether I use the --no-longpoll flag or not, it still switches to "booooo" after some number of hashes, and then stays there.  It looks like a bug in the pool code, as the difficulty appears to drop back to the pool's openign value at the same time.

i.e. pool might start me off at difficulty 500.. it will then go up to a higher level incrementally with lots of "yay", and then suddenly minerd shows difficulty back at 500 and forevermore get boooo.

I'm back to using simpleminer again and just running multiple instances of it - one for each cpu thread.

Yes I'm using cpuminer-multi !
I figured I had more hash with it. For simpleminer if you don't run multiple instance then all threads are not hashing? might be why I had low Hashrate.

Trade markets with Bitcoins ! Including Forex, Commodities and Stocks SimpleFX
Transfer Money accross borders with so little fee that it is silly !
othe

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:50:03 PM

And he's not done.

No offense, but you sound really stupid. CryptoNote isn't that anonymous, as anonymint said. You can definitely implement Ring Signatures into a Bitcoin type coin and have it working pretty much the same it does on Bytecoin forks...

It doesn't matter the algorithim  lmao...So implementing Ring Signatures on Darksend would grant the same exact anonymity that it does to Bytecoin forks...Your arguement is invalid.

You dont get it.

With Ring Singatures the whole darksend and masternode stuff is OBSOLETE.

If you thing you can simply add all that stuff to the btc codebase, you are just wrong...yes it may be possible with a major rewrite but then you have a completly different coin...and it may not even be worth the manhours needed todo so.

You are referring to anonymints stuff that has already been answered a dozen time and he said himself that cryptonote based stuff is better then the darksend/masternode solution, so what?

I tried it on Windows XP 32bit.The error message is "bitmonerod.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

Its not compatible with Win XP 32 Bit - XP is dead and not even supported by Microsoft anymore Wink

TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:52:54 PM

And he's not done.

He's going to implement Ring Signatures

If this guy isn't VP of DRK marketing, he should be.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 03:03:26 PM

You're not making any sense...Which is better?

Darkcoin: Masternodes that allow for anonymous transactions And incentive to uphold the netowrk

Bytecoin/Monero/Quazarcoin etc etc: Ring Signatures that cause extreme bloating, but offer anonymous transactions.

Now you see that Darkcoin's Masternodes are still better right? Now look at this

Darkcoin months from now will have:

1) Masternodes that allow for anonymous transactions And incentive to uphold the network
2) Ring Signatures with the major bloating/scaling issues gone
3) I2P

Monero months from now will have:
1) Ring Signatues with horrible bloating and scaling issues.

It's a no brainer..Darkcoin is 10x better than a fork of Bytecoin(i.e Monero, Quazarcoin, HoneyPenny etc)

So you're saying you're happy to take me up on that 5 BTC bet on BitBet.us? Let me know when it's setup, rather than just rehashing the same tired arguments over and over. Just put your money where your mouth is.

emontmon

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:04:24 PM

And he's not done.

It doesn't matter the algorithim  lmao...So implementing Ring Signatures on Darksend would grant the same exact anonymity that it does to Bytecoin forks...Your arguement is invalid.

You dont get it.

With Ring Singatures the whole darksend and masternode stuff is OBSOLETE.

If you thing you can simply add all that stuff to the btc codebase, you are just wrong...yes it may be possible with a major rewrite but then you have a completly different coin...and it may not even be worth the manhours needed todo so.

You are referring to anonymints stuff that has already been answered a dozen time and he said himself that cryptonote based stuff is better then the darksend/masternode solution, so what?

Its not compatible with Win XP 32 Bit - XP is dead and not even supported by Microsoft anymore Wink

You're not making any sense...Which is better?

Darkcoin: Masternodes that allow for anonymous transactions And incentive to uphold the netowrk

Bytecoin/Monero/Quazarcoin etc etc: Ring Signatures that cause extreme bloating, but offer anonymous transactions.

Now you see that Darkcoin's Masternodes are still better right? Now look at this

Darkcoin months from now will have:

1) Masternodes that allow for anonymous transactions And incentive to uphold the network
2) Ring Signatures with the major bloating/scaling issues gone
3) I2P

Monero months from now will have:
1) Ring Signatues with horrible bloating and scaling issues.

It's a no brainer..Darkcoin is 10x better than a fork of Bytecoin(i.e Monero, Quazarcoin, HoneyPenny etc)

Darkota... you have proven your point. but I know for a fact that all this will be obsolete in 2044.  Because then we will have a technology called master dark night crypto
 node rings. This will blow everything away and Evan will have died of an heart attack while trying to implement and and so we are all wasting our time. My suggestion for  Darkota is to wait for this technology and mine it on day one. You will be filthy rich. It will be mine able on anything that can perform any sort of computation. An ordinary abacus will get 233.65 kh/s. I have seen this. It's amazing

I am the developer of this new technology and an expert.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:12:38 PM

Bytecoin has issues regarding scaling. Evan has thought of a workaround to attain ring-sig level anonymity without the drawbacks of ring-sigs. If it works = epic win. We'll see how it goes.

In the meantime Bytecoin must improve its own implementation because as it currently stands, it has issues in scaling and security (it's crackable by quantum computers). Whether this can be fixed in the current implementation or a scratching-off of the current implementation and relaunching as a new coin, will be the real question. If it's the later, all the bytecoin 1.0 + clone coins will be irrelevant. And clones of the bytecoin 2.0 variant will be unsuccessful given the history of what happened to clones of 1.0.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 03:13:13 PM

Darkota... you have proven your point. but I know for a fact that all this will be obsolete in 2044.  Because then we will have a technology called master dark night crypto
 node rings. This will blow everything away and Evan will have died of an heart attack while trying to implement and and so we are all wasting our time. My suggestion for  Darkota is to wait for this technology and mine it on day one. You will be filthy rich. It will be mine able on anything that can perform any sort of computation. An ordinary abacus will get 233.65 kh/s. I have seen this. It's amazing

I am the developer of this new technology and an expert.

We've had a discussion internally and we're happy to confirm that Monero will be implementing Master Dark Night Crypto Node Rings starting from version 17.3.1 planned for release on February 31st, 2044. emontmon has been confirmed as Lead Chief Major General Compu-Techno-Scientist of the Monero Group Holdings Team Partnership LLC.

suchnekky

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:13:56 PM

monero is going to the fucking moon. all this darkcoin talk needs to stick to its own shitty thread, darkcoins just a shitty scam pump like aura. and the reason they are all spamming this thread is because they are scared shitless that moneros superior technology is going to take over.

• ⓢⓤⓒⓗⓝⓔⓚⓚⓨ •
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 03:15:06 PM

Bytecoin has issues regarding scaling. Evan has thought of a workaround to attain ring-sig level anonymity without the drawbacks of ring-sigs. If it works = epic win. We'll see how it goes.

In the meantime Bytecoin must improve its own implementation because as it currently stands, it has issues in scaling and security (it's crackable by quantum computers). Whether this can be fixed in the current implementation or a scratching-off of the current implementation and relaunching as a new coin, will be the real question. If it's the later, all the bytecoin 1.0 + clone coins will be irrelevant. And clones of the bytecoin 2.0 variant will be unsuccessful given the history of what happened to clones of 1.0.

I'm happy to report we've successfully cracked Darkcoin's network with our new quantum computers that just arrived from BFL, a mere two weeks after we ordered them.

othe

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:17:29 PM

Really? Quantum Computers? That is an argument...if they come out we have far worse problems. Tell me how Darkcoin is quantum computer secured? I may point to this: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Myths#Quantum_computers_would_break_Bitcoin.27s_security

Also tell me how the masternode stuff will not have scaling issues?

Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: