Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:01:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years?  (Read 320306 times)
Dolmater

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 08:15:44 AM

It depends on the standard of living that you consider satisfactory, and the country where you will live, since the cost of living is an important factor. But I believe that anywhere, 100 BTCs would be enough in twenty years.

Indeed.  It also depends on the country you want to retire and live and spend your retirement fund.  I would suggest to live here in our country since cost of living here is cheaper just like countries in Asia.  I would make more bitcoin as far and as long as I can because I do not know what its price is for the next 20 years. 

If you want to retire in a country with cheap living cost, it is possible to have 100 bitcoins in a few decades.
i think it would be better to have even more bitcoins because you wouldnt be able to live a decent life
100 bitcoin very viable for the future if the bitcoin price is at least is above $1k.
100 bitcoin can be worth it if your smart enough to manage financial and open a business with a capital of 100 bitcoin.

If you have 100 bitcoin, you may use the bitcoin as a collateral to borrow to spend. The bitcoin will worth more than any other investments.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GermanFoobla

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 08:21:16 AM

Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?
It actually depends on how much Bitcoin you want to retire with because not everybody is going to retire with the same amount of Bitcoin.
Some people want more Bitcoin and some people are already happy with a couple of them it depends on the person and what the value is.
samanas

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 05:27:07 PM

Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?
It actually depends on how much Bitcoin you want to retire with because not everybody is going to retire with the same amount of Bitcoin.
Some people want more Bitcoin and some people are already happy with a couple of them it depends on the person and what the value is.

If there are more than 10 million people retire with the same amount of bitcoin, you only need 2 bitcoin.
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 04:21:00 AM

If there are more than 10 million people retire with the same amount of bitcoin, you only need 2 bitcoin.

Well you don't know what is going to be the value of bitcoin after 20 years. And I don't think that is going to secure your retirement.

Because for me 2 bitcoins is going to be small amount for retirement it is better if you are going to make it 100 bitcoins so that whatever is going to be the price.

Then you are going to be covered by your savings.

Signature for rent
AlphaSun

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 04:26:46 PM

Well you don't know what is going to be the value of bitcoin after 20 years. And I don't think that is going to secure your retirement.

Because for me 2 bitcoins is going to be small amount for retirement it is better if you are going to make it 100 bitcoins so that whatever is going to be the price.

Then you are going to be covered by your savings.

It depends on the price of the bitcoin, if the bitcoin price rise 40% a year, in 20 years, the price will be $600,000 each.
chaosknight

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 04:39:28 PM

I think its good to be on safer side and try to have higher volume of coins so even if price doesn't reaches to the moon in future higher amount of coins will give us best benefits in future.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 05:03:19 PM

I think its good to be on safer side and try to have higher volume of coins so even if price doesn't reaches to the moon in future higher amount of coins will give us best benefits in future.
For now we are expecting more about bitcoin and we feel that bitcoin will increase more because we are still in early stage and i think we can be still make a good profit if we holding lots of bitcoin.. just like older users of bitcoin that already be a millionaire because of bitcoin..
So in the future 20 years i think the price of bitcoin will be increase more in that year.

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 05:12:28 PM

I would say 20 because it goes good with the number 20 years, but of course you are going to need to have a lot of money saved in other stuff too just in case.

Also make it 21, because the 21 million bitcoins ever to be created thing, so it's nice to own at least 21, since you are part of a select club.
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1330
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2016, 05:23:32 PM

Here in my country even 50 bitcoins is enough for me because i will be millionaire if i had that amount of bitcoin even right now..
For now i still collecting bitcoin and trying to save more and someday i will start my own business that can increase my bitcoin more to reach my goal..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
AicecreaME

Activity: 2338
Merit: 454

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 05:27:04 PM

To be safe, get two Bitcoins.

I think 2 BTC won't be enough. Let's say 10 BTC to be so sure. Smiley
Since we are talking about here is the retirement and I know what you mean is you are going to rely all your needs on bitcoin that why it would be better if you would going to buy 10 BTC and holds it for your retirement. You're lucky if the price of the bitcoin when that time comes would be about $1,000,000 per BTC, I'm sure 10 BTC is too much for you to spend it alone.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 05:46:43 PM

To be safe, get two Bitcoins.

I think 2 BTC won't be enough. Let's say 10 BTC to be so sure. Smiley
Since we are talking about here is the retirement and I know what you mean is you are going to rely all your needs on bitcoin that why it would be better if you would going to buy 10 BTC and holds it for your retirement. You're lucky if the price of the bitcoin when that time comes would be about $1,000,000 per BTC, I'm sure 10 BTC is too much for you to spend it alone.
You have the point but 1 million usd is impossible to happen for bitcoins.. i think we need more of that 50 to 80 btc is i think enough to hold for a long time and retire after bitcoin is reach 5 digit..
Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 05:53:15 PM

Actually the amount of bitcoins someone would need for getting retired later on would probably depend on the price of bitcoin of that time, if he has 50 bitcoin and the price is $10k it might be enough, or if he has 25 bitcoins and the price is $20k then it would also be enough as the value would be the same according to the price.
Latwindar

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 07:07:03 PM

Actually the amount of bitcoins someone would need for getting retired later on would probably depend on the price of bitcoin of that time, if he has 50 bitcoin and the price is $10k it might be enough, or if he has 25 bitcoins and the price is $20k then it would also be enough as the value would be the same according to the price.

In 5 to 10 years, the bitcoin price will be around $10 to 50k. So you need about 100 bitcoin to live happily.
innominatus

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

You have to get lost before you can find yourself.

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 07:08:25 PM

i would say 500 Bitcoins would be enaugh
martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 07:34:38 PM

Nobody can give a straight answer to this question it really depends on how much bitcoin will be worth if it will be worth anything in that much time.
But I'd just get as much as possible if you want to be on the save side of course.
Ulloa

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 07:45:49 PM

Nobody can give a straight answer to this question it really depends on how much bitcoin will be worth if it will be worth anything in that much time.
But I'd just get as much as possible if you want to be on the save side of course.

You would need a lot of bitcoins to retire in about 20 years, I think that its gonna be hard and I also fully agree about the fact that this cannot be predicted because its depending on many factors of the future.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 07:55:13 PM

People are already building up their normal retirement fund by doing their daily job.

If you hodl yourself as many coins as you can afford in the far future years, then it will be an extra retirement fund on top of your regular one.

That's something people seem to forget. Of course this is assuming you're living in a well developed country.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Cocodemon

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 08:36:17 PM

You will need a lot of bitcoin probably cause I think in 20 years the price will be dumped down cause bitcoin will probably have died out.
The cryptocurrency is still fresh so expect competition eventually it will be beat.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 09:02:02 PM

You will need a lot of bitcoin probably cause I think in 20 years the price will be dumped down cause bitcoin will probably have died out.
The cryptocurrency is still fresh so expect competition eventually it will be beat.
How do you know that bitcoin will be die in 20 years.. i am not fortune teller but it is impossible that bitcoin will be die because many companies right now are using bitcoin as payment and more adoption will come so it is impossible that bitcoin will die..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Wandering Soul~

Activity: 406

Wolf

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 09:44:41 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2016, 10:02:18 PM by Wandering Soul~

Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?

Since a number of year has passed when you retire we don't know the price of the bitcoin, it can be so much higher than the price today or even much lower so just get as many as you can.

You should also have some retirement fund in your current job of course and your bitcoin should just be an add-ons to it

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: