Poll
Question: Poll closed
Yes, please I absolutely need it!
Yes, but it's not a priority
Not sure, I'd prefer other features
No, I don't need it
-
-

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Minera v0.9.1] Your next mining dashboard - Antminer/CPUminer/CGminer/BFGminer  (Read 850280 times)
Kokok

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:35:10 AM

First let me say; I am very new at working in Linux so please be gentle with me...   Grin

That being said. While following the instructions to get MINERA installed I run into the following error at at the very end of the install...

./install_minera.sh: line 40: unexpected EOF while looking for matching ``'
./install_minera.sh: line 43: syntax error: unexpected end of file

I can bring up the login page.. but cant get beyond that. So I am assuming that the installation did not complete and I am missing something. I am following these instructions...

>apt-get install lighttpd php5-cgi
>lighty-enable-mod fastcgi
>lighty-enable-mod fastcgi-php
>service lighttpd force-reload

>apt-get install redis-server git screen php5-cli
>cd /var/www
>git clone https://github.com/michelem09/minera
>cd minera
>./install_minera.sh

Any insight to what I maybe doing wrong would be helpful.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
michelem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 07:53:47 AM

First let me say; I am very new at working in Linux so please be gentle with me...   Grin

That being said. While following the instructions to get MINERA installed I run into the following error at at the very end of the install...

I can bring up the login page.. but cant get beyond that. So I am assuming that the installation did not complete and I am missing something. I am following these instructions...

>cd /var/www
>cd minera
>./install_minera.sh

There was a typo in the install file, please do a pull and relaunch the installer:

Code:
cd /var/www/minera
sudo git pull
sudo ./install_minera.sh

Sorry for that

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 03:56:03 PM

Minera 0.1.6 is out!

Tons of new stuff!!! Check it out!

Please feedback are very welcome because there are lot of changes and I hope I didn't forget anything.

Enjoy!

https://github.com/michelem09/minera

SilentH

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:10:49 PM

getting the same error even after git pull

?
SilentH

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:33:50 PM

I was able to resolve the install script issue by adding in what looked like a missing `

but now i cannot save settings on the setting page. when i click save, nothing happens. when i refresh page the settings i just changed are no longer there. miner is also not running.
SilentH

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:46:57 PM

Good to go.

Was missing libjansson-dev.

Hashing away.
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 04:54:07 PM

Good to go.

Was missing libjansson-dev.

Hashing away.

Is it working the settings page?

SilentH

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:58:37 PM

yup. All good! love all the new features.

Ill be getting a couple of blades in a day or so, have you tested the interface with the blades? I know cpuminer supports both without an issue now. Will Minera have any issues that you know of?
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 05:04:59 PM

yup. All good! love all the new features.

Ill be getting a couple of blades in a day or so, have you tested the interface with the blades? I know cpuminer supports both without an issue now. Will Minera have any issues that you know of?

Yes that was the backtick issue again, I just re-fixed it.

Well, I suppose it should work but I haven't a Blade, so don't know really.

You could do a things for me when you have it, please try to start your miner with Minera and got to http://<yourip>/minera/index.php/app/stats

I'd like to have a copy of the output (save the file as stats_blade.json) so I can see how the devices/chips are written.

Thanks

Kokok

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:54:00 PM

>cd /var/www
>cd minera
>./install_minera.sh

There was a typo in the install file, please do a pull and relaunch the installer:

Code:
cd /var/www/minera
sudo git pull
sudo ./install_minera.sh

Sorry for that

No need to apologize... I am just very appreciative at the incredible effort you are putting out with doing this for the community. Truly an incredible job. BTW... it works flawlessly for my 9 GRIDSEED 5CHIP farm, not really a farm, more like a garden...

Thanks again!
marunga

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:47:34 PM

Hi,

My minera settings "Pool URL" list is inverted...the last pool on the list is the pool that is connected in minerd, although the dashboard lists the first pool as the connected pool.

The command line has the pools listed by the order saved by minera...maybe this a minerd thing...connects to the last pool in the command line

$minerd --v
cpuminer 2.3.2
libcurl/7.22.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1 zlib/1.2.3.4 libidn/1.23 librtmp/2.3
v0.9f

regards,
m
SilentH

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:59:35 PM

Am I missing someway of switching between pools on the fly?
edonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:33:25 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 12:22:55 AM by edonkey

I've moved my Ubuntu based test rig to Minera today. I've mostly got it working, with a few issues.

Like others on this thread, I couldn't get the cron jobs to work until I installed the PHP cli:

Code:
sudo apt-get install php5-cli

I was working from the read me on git hub. I think that it should be updated so that other newcomers can avoid this problem.

Looks like this just got added to the read me. Thanks!

A more important issue is that when I reboot, cpuminer goes into a weird state where it doesn't hash anything. When I grab the stats with a python script I wrote, I see the following weirdness:

Code:
{
    "start_time": 1399756136,
    "err": 0,
    "devices": {
        "ttyACM1": {
            "serial": "6D89577A4857",
            "chips": []
        },
        "ttyACM0": {
            "serial": "6D8A21A34857",
        },
        "ttyACM2": {
            "serial": "6D8E40854857",
        }
    }
}

Note this is with minerd being started from rc.local, as per the Minera installer script. When I stop and restart the miner from with the Minera GUI, it starts working.

I'd really prefer to start minerd as a daemontools service with full logging, but when I tried that, Minera thinks that the miner has not started. Apparently it uses some mechanism other than just trying to talk to the API. I didn't try hacking Minera to support alternative launch methods, but I might take this on if I have no better solution for rebooting and reliably restarting minerd.

Since the default installation uses screen to run minerd, I tried to switch to the "minera" user and attach to the screen, but I get an error:

Code:
Cannot open your terminal '/dev/pts/2' - please check.

I'm not a big fan of screen anyway, but if I cannot reliably attach to the miner GUI then it's not providing any value at all. Again, I might turn to daemontools and run minerd in text mode (no text GUI) if I can figure out how to get Minera to play nicely with it.

I'd love to move my main rig to cpuminer and Minera, but I need to work through these issues on my test rig first.

Was I helpful?   BTC: 3G1Ubof5u8K9iJkM8We2f3amYZgGVdvpHr
fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:39:20 AM

This is great!

All sandor's wonderful branch of CPUminer was missing was a web interface and this is really spectacular.

I'd love to see a reading of the raspberry pi temp on there. Just gives me an approximation of the ambient temp near my rigs.

Thanks mate.

--Jon
Coolb2

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:31:29 AM

This is great work, but i suck at installing stuff on linux, so i can't wait for you guys to do a raspberry pi img.

keep up the good work.
toxic0n

Activity: 413

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:30:36 AM

This is great!

All sandor's wonderful branch of CPUminer was missing was a web interface and this is really spectacular.

I'd love to see a reading of the raspberry pi temp on there. Just gives me an approximation of the ambient temp near my rigs.

Thanks mate.

--Jon
I just edited the frontpage.php in Minera and added the following
Code:
<?php
$temp
shell_exec('cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp')/1000;
echo 
"<p>Temp ".$temp"C</p>";
?>

</p>
Chamaelion

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:47:41 AM

Hey mate - love your work, Minera is a great piece of code:)  Lovely smooth interface, and I'm running P2Pool on my own local node - it's giving me the best hashrate I've seen to date.

Problems with 1.0.6 though - after I upgraded this morning, my rig had it's hashrate at the pool cut by half...

Not sure what you've changed that could affect the hashrate like that, but I've reverted to 0.1.5 (commit 691c659) 'til you've got it sorted out.  After reverting, my hashrate's back up to what it was before the upgrade, and I've made no other changes to the gridseeds, pi, node, or infrastructure.
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 08:03:13 AM

[...]

Code:
{
    "start_time": 1399756136,
    "err": 0,
    "devices": {
        "ttyACM1": {
            "serial": "6D89577A4857",
        },
        "ttyACM0": {
            "serial": "6D8A21A34857",
        },
        "ttyACM2": {
            "serial": "6D8E40854857",
        }
    }
}

Note this is with minerd being started from rc.local, as per the Minera installer script. When I stop and restart the miner from with the Minera GUI, it starts working.

I'd really prefer to start minerd as a daemontools service with full logging, but when I tried that, Minera thinks that the miner has not started. Apparently it uses some mechanism other than just trying to talk to the API. I didn't try hacking Minera to support alternative launch methods, but I might take this on if I have no better solution for rebooting and reliably restarting minerd.

Since the default installation uses screen to run minerd, I tried to switch to the "minera" user and attach to the screen, but I get an error:

Code:
Cannot open your terminal '/dev/pts/2' - please check.

I'm not a big fan of screen anyway, but if I cannot reliably attach to the miner GUI then it's not providing any value at all. Again, I might turn to daemontools and run minerd in text mode (no text GUI) if I can figure out how to get Minera to play nicely with it.

I'd love to move my main rig to cpuminer and Minera, but I need to work through these issues on my test rig first.

Please check the troubleshooting section for "Cannot open your terminal" error

I'm going to think about add a daemon tools like you suggested but I prefer to use supervisord I think it's more modern and easy to use.

For the reboot problem, please can you paste me your /etc/rc.local file?
May be when you save the settings from Minera it cannot write the rc.local file, so double check 1) rc.local permission should be 777(-rwxrwxrwx) 2) the content of rc.local

If you find your permissions wrong run:

Code:
sudo chmod 777 /etc/rc.local

Then go to settings and save them (when you click the save button Minera recalculate the command string and overwrite the rc.local file)

Please let me know

PS
I just added a cool temperature widget, wait for the next release

michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 08:06:17 AM

Hey mate - love your work, Minera is a great piece of code:)  Lovely smooth interface, and I'm running P2Pool on my own local node - it's giving me the best hashrate I've seen to date.

Problems with 1.0.6 though - after I upgraded this morning, my rig had it's hashrate at the pool cut by half...

Not sure what you've changed that could affect the hashrate like that, but I've reverted to 0.1.5 (commit 691c659) 'til you've got it sorted out.  After reverting, my hashrate's back up to what it was before the upgrade, and I've made no other changes to the gridseeds, pi, node, or infrastructure.

This could be related to the new cpuminer release but it's weird, did you try to restart the minerd command? Can you show me your command line string? You should find it on settings page.
Thanks

michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 08:09:07 AM

Hi,

My minera settings "Pool URL" list is inverted...the last pool on the list is the pool that is connected in minerd, although the dashboard lists the first pool as the connected pool.

The command line has the pools listed by the order saved by minera...maybe this a minerd thing...connects to the last pool in the command line

$minerd --v
cpuminer 2.3.2
libcurl/7.22.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1 zlib/1.2.3.4 libidn/1.23 librtmp/2.3
v0.9f

regards,
m

Please give me some more info or a screenshot, then please run this and give me the output (you can put fake pools if you don't want to show me where you mine):

Code:
redis-cli get minerd_pools

This will get your pools setting, so we can analyse the problem.

Thanks

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: