Poll
Question: Poll closed
Yes, please I absolutely need it!
Yes, but it's not a priority
Not sure, I'd prefer other features
No, I don't need it
-
-

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Minera v0.9.1] Your next mining dashboard - Antminer/CPUminer/CGminer/BFGminer  (Read 850275 times)
fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:57:47 PM

When I punch in the update manually it throws an error saying I had locally modified /conf/index.html
(I hadn't)

Anyway, did a git stash and then a git pull and it seems to have gone through.

Worth noting the reboot page shows the following error:

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: views/sysop.php

Line Number: 1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
michelem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 05:00:35 PM

michelem, let me start by saying love minera. been working AWESOME for me. Currently running 12 volt mod gridseeds, and the autotune has worked flawlessly (after giving about 6 hours).

i am currently running 0.1.11 and i have clicked the update several times. it goes to the update screen, countdown, and reloads, but does not install new update. i've powered down raspberrypi, rebooted minera several times, but for whatever reason won't install update. any advice?

I can confirm, nothing is being updated

Please try:

Code:
cd /var/www/minera
sudo git pull
sudo ./upgrade_minera.sh

And please look at the logs too (application/logs/)

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
Ajeto

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:04:35 PM

michelem, after auto update i also tried manual update

minera@minera /var/www/minera $ sudo git pull
Updating 1f5814f..727d1fa
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
        conf/index.html
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
Aborting
gfuzz

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:23:25 PM

minera@raspberrypi /var/www/minera $ sudo ./upgrade_minera.sh
-----
START Minera Upgrade script
-----

-----
Install extra packages
-----

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
autoconf is already the newest version.
automake is already the newest version.
build-essential is already the newest version.
libcurl4-openssl-dev is already the newest version.
libjansson-dev is already the newest version.
libncurses5-dev is already the newest version.
libtool is already the newest version.
libudev-dev is already the newest version.
postfix is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 56 not upgraded.
Changing permissions on Minera dir
-----

Upgrading sudoers configuration for www-data and minera users
-----

Changing cron file
-----

Adding minera to www-data group
-----

Adding default settings
-----

OK
Update redis values
-----

(integer) 1
(integer) 1
DONE! Minera is ready!

......nothing changed.
nst6563

Activity: 252
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:37:00 PM

I had just done a fresh install of Ubuntu and minera yesterday and all was working fine.  Unfortunately I was using a test machine with an old drive and we had a power flicker over night and the drive didn't work after that. 
I replaced the drive and just did a fresh install of Ubuntu this morning, followed all instructions to a T to install minera.  Did everything exactly the same as I did yesterday.  And minera doesn't work and neither does mining.

The gridseeds are fine, network is fine, it's something to do with minera as I pulled down the cpuminer-gc3355 from github, built it, and am able to run it manually and it works. 
After minera is installed fresh, I change the settings to reflect the pool I'm using, speeds, and other settings.  Save.  Start Miner.  Then I get the message it's unable to get stats.
It does this no matter what I do.  I even copied the minerd that was freshly built from the cpuminer-gc3355 git to the minera-bin/minerd and get the same results.

If I run minerd manually and specify the minera_conf.json I get a core dump message. 
If I edit the minera_conf.json and remove ONLY the logging line, then it seems to work ok - but only if I run minerd manually.  Removing the logging from within the minera interface doesn't seem to resolve anything. 

I haven't checked the application logs yet, just thought I'd throw my experience in here and see if anyone had any suggestions.

fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:53:27 PM

conf/index.html
Aborting

That is the error I got. For better or worse I just ran "sudo git stash" and then I was able to update manually.
bsquared

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:56:10 PM

Since the update today, the Dashboard DB popups errors have gone away, I really like the new hashrate reporting too (side effect is it starts way high and comes down to level off, previous showed much lower hashrate and came up to level off).

Is there any way to get the default devices to be 25+?  Seems like it always defaults back to 5 devices shown on the Dashboard.

Cheers!
Ajeto

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:01:30 PM

conf/index.html
Aborting

That is the error I got. For better or worse I just ran "sudo git stash" and then I was able to update manually.
This worked for me too. Tnx, fivejonnyfive
bexwhitt

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:03:14 PM

when you put the 1.12 update on the program still as the I symble showing and states that an update is available and you have 1.11 installed
gfuzz

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:24:30 PM

General Question:

When I save my autotuned frequencies (which works great!), is there a way to keep my saved frequencies running on startup AND add NEW devices that will be autotuned.... I hate to have all my devices autotuned over again over 6+ hours just to add two more gridseeds. Thanks!

gfuzz
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 08:35:36 PM

My bad, I should enforce the git pull to prevent this kind of problems, now with this you should have a clean upgraded environment:

Code:
cd /var/www/minera
sudo git fetch --all
sudo git reset --hard origin/master
sudo ./upgrade_minera.sh

NOTE: every time you update the system running git commands manually you have to run ./upgrade_minera.sh too, this resets the notification icon while it does every system upgrade needed.

Thanks for feedbacks guys

PS
autotune saved freq seems to be bugged need to investigate

michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 08:49:43 PM

I had just done a fresh install of Ubuntu and minera yesterday and all was working fine.  Unfortunately I was using a test machine with an old drive and we had a power flicker over night and the drive didn't work after that. 
I replaced the drive and just did a fresh install of Ubuntu this morning, followed all instructions to a T to install minera.  Did everything exactly the same as I did yesterday.  And minera doesn't work and neither does mining.

The gridseeds are fine, network is fine, it's something to do with minera as I pulled down the cpuminer-gc3355 from github, built it, and am able to run it manually and it works. 
After minera is installed fresh, I change the settings to reflect the pool I'm using, speeds, and other settings.  Save.  Start Miner.  Then I get the message it's unable to get stats.
It does this no matter what I do.  I even copied the minerd that was freshly built from the cpuminer-gc3355 git to the minera-bin/minerd and get the same results.

If I run minerd manually and specify the minera_conf.json I get a core dump message. 
If I edit the minera_conf.json and remove ONLY the logging line, then it seems to work ok - but only if I run minerd manually.  Removing the logging from within the minera interface doesn't seem to resolve anything. 

I haven't checked the application logs yet, just thought I'd throw my experience in here and see if anyone had any suggestions.

First of all, did you overwrite the minera-bin/minerd file with that for Ubuntu 64bit? I don't think there is a binary for Ubuntu in cpuminer-gc3355 git page (that's for RPI a different architecture)

gfuzz

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:38:18 PM

My bad, I should enforce the git pull to prevent this kind of problems, now with this you should have a clean upgraded environment:

Code:
cd /var/www/minera
sudo git fetch --all
sudo ./upgrade_minera.sh

NOTE: every time you update the system running git commands manually you have to run ./upgrade_minera.sh too, this resets the notification icon while it does every system upgrade needed.

Thanks for feedbacks guys

PS
autotune saved freq seems to be bugged need to investigate

All set michelem. Everything perfect....Thanks for the support Smiley
The update is fantastic! The color coding is excellent to monitor individual miners at a glance. Keep up the good work. I'll be sending you some more BTC as a thank you
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:46:23 PM

Code:
cd /var/www/minera
sudo git fetch --all
sudo ./upgrade_minera.sh

It worked!  Cheesy

Thank you!

nst6563

Activity: 252
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:33:08 PM

First of all, did you overwrite the minera-bin/minerd file with that for Ubuntu 64bit? I don't think there is a binary for Ubuntu in cpuminer-gc3355 git page (that's for RPI a different architecture)

Yes, that's the first thing I did.  When that didn't work, then I cloned the cpuminer-gc3355 and built it, then copied that over the minera-bin/minerd with the same results. 

I did try running minerd manually and specifying the --log=./log.txt as well as --log=log.txt and both cause minerd to just freeze.
I'll mess with it later this weekend if I have time.  Right now minera works to display stats ONLY if I start minerd manually without the log function. 
Ajeto

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:43:51 AM

How often do your Blades drop/freeze? With latest update it's easier to spot those (in previous version you could only see only Last share 20000 secs ago, but individual hashrate was still showing sth like 2.7 Mh/s)

Afaik, a miner restart in Minera menu solves this problem?

michelem, great job with the latest update and your code also solved my Dashboard problem with 5Blades/RPi
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:47:36 AM

Minera is indeed very good, but it's still very unstable, and has been like so in the last versions. Things I've been noticing:

1. If I save new settings and restart, minerd hangs randomly, while setting chip frequencies
2. Also, when I save new settings and restart, it sometimes starts hashing but does not accept any shares
(to solve all of the above I have to restart several times till it works)
3. when I add 3 or more pools, it gives errors similar to 1 and 2, and the only workaround is to remove those pools from the config
4. Pool switcher rarely works

Anyone experiencing the same? Any workarounds?
bexwhitt

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:13:34 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 12:40:39 PM by bexwhitt

Minera is indeed very good, but it's still very unstable, and has been like so in the last versions. Things I've been noticing:

1. If I save new settings and restart, minerd hangs randomly, while setting chip frequencies
2. Also, when I save new settings and restart, it sometimes starts hashing but does not accept any shares
3. when I add 3 or more pools, it gives errors similar to 1 and 2, and the only workaround is to remove those pools from the config

the miner hanging when you set saved frequencies is a known problem

the other stuff seems to be a feature of cpuminer that or duff usb hubs (mine seem fine since I ditched the cheapo ones) a reboot is the best bet.

Oh and I have had little success with my 40 chip blades which seem to hang with minera if it's blades you are using use hashra or a as I have  low power netbook and bgminer
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:09:10 PM

the miner hanging when you set saved frequencies is a known problem

the other stuff seems to be a feature of cpuminer that or duff usb hubs (mine seem fine since I ditched the cheapo ones) a reboot is the best bet.

Oh and I have had little success with my 40 chip blades which seem to hang with minera if it's blades you are using use hashra or a as I have  low power netbook and bgminer

I never used the save frequency setting on Minera, I already knew what frequencies to use when I installed Minera. But yes, I do put specific frequencies on my settings, that's a problem?

This is just a test system, it's as simple as it gets. It only has one raspberry and one Gridseed 5 chip, unmodded, so no stress with usb hubs. Rebooting doesn't solve. And yes, this is a fresh install.

I've seen what's up with blades and Minera, so not using those with it, thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll switch back to SSH control for now.
SilentH

Activity: 65

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:56:50 PM

All, it really helps when you state your issues that you mention if you are using mini's or blades and how many of each. The fact that Blades do not use autotune, means they are almost 2 different products with regard to troubleshooting and configurations.

Just an FYI many, many people are running minera with absolutely no issues with both Blades and mini's. In fact of all the solutions I have used this is by far the most stable and easiest to use. Not to mention the fact the development cycle is crazy fast and responsive. Michelem and Sandor make quite the team Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: