Poll
Question: Poll closed
Yes, please I absolutely need it!
Yes, but it's not a priority
Not sure, I'd prefer other features
No, I don't need it
-
-

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Minera v0.9.1] Your next mining dashboard - Antminer/CPUminer/CGminer/BFGminer  (Read 850271 times)
sharteel

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:10:57 PM

hi,

@ n00bminer: thank you for commands Smiley i will add them

@ michelem: in "settings" in "extra options" section, it is interresting if you can add input case "Autostart Miner every hour" and user sets number. Every number hour, the miner will restart. It is better if miner restart only. The reboot server command is a quickwin.

+++

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:32:28 PM

Someone was wondering here about the RaspPi's capacity to handle more than one miner process.

This is my average system load with a 512 Mb Pi controlling two Gridseed Blades so I guess the answer is yes.

I would love to be able to use my 160 chips in separate pools, 40 chips in each pool.

Kinda like what we now can do with the frequency settings for individual blades.

Can it be done with minerd? Running four instances of the miner, one for each blade?  Huh

Or shall I wait for michelem to get cgminer into Minera?

Anxiously waiting for it…  Roll Eyes

Ajeto

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:13:20 AM

Guys, I'm running 5 Blades per RaspPi (8 Pies altogether). The problem I'm seeing A LOT is that one or two "blades" start showing 0Kh/s and are not changing with Miner Reset or Soft System Reboot. So I need to power reset everything and check if problem is solved. Which means waiting for all blades to start showing HR (or not). That takes a lot of time..

1) Is there any faster way to find that out? For example, if there was a cgminer (or anything similar) pn RaspPi just to test run where you can see hashrates quite fast that would be one way. Do you have any other solutions?

2) Sometimes it happens that 2 plates ("blades") don't show HR, but the pool HR in Minera still shows 26Mh+ (whish is a normal HR for all working blades when 5 G-Blades are on one RaspPi). Also pool shows a cumulative HR, which would be, if all blades were working, so should I still try to power reset blades (and USB HUBs, which I think are the real reason for this problem) and try to get them to show HR in Minera?
michelem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 07:41:27 AM

[...] (and USB HUBs, which I think are the real reason for this problem) and try to get them to show HR in Minera?

I think so too, best try could be removing some Blades and looking at changes.

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 07:52:15 AM

Someone was wondering here about the RaspPi's capacity to handle more than one miner process.

This is my average system load with a 512 Mb Pi controlling two Gridseed Blades so I guess the answer is yes.

I would love to be able to use my 160 chips in separate pools, 40 chips in each pool.

Kinda like what we now can do with the frequency settings for individual blades.

Can it be done with minerd? Running four instances of the miner, one for each blade?  Huh

Anxiously waiting for it…  Roll Eyes

You can run as many cpuminer process as you want, I don't think it's a problem for the Rpi resources, the real problem is getting them to work together that could be a real pain 'cause you need to set them up each one by hand (I mean by command line). Then Minera won't work because it listens only on one TCP port (4028) while you should use as many as processes you have.

LexMine

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:02:32 AM

Hi Michelem,

Time to say thank you again. I pointed  my blade to your donation address for a day, I hope you got some good shares :-).

This brings me to another problem. Maybe someone has a tip for me. When I add pool addresses, the donation address is always on top of them. How can I change the order with a tablet PC? Drag and drop doesn't seam to work. So I always have to switch the pool manually.

Cheers... Alex
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 01:20:31 PM

Hi Michelem,

Time to say thank you again. I pointed  my blade to your donation address for a day, I hope you got some good shares :-).

This brings me to another problem. Maybe someone has a tip for me. When I add pool addresses, the donation address is always on top of them. How can I change the order with a tablet PC? Drag and drop doesn't seam to work. So I always have to switch the pool manually.

Cheers... Alex

Thanks LexMine! That is fixed with the next release coming out tomorrow. It fixes the ability to sort boxes on touch devices too.

Trimegistus
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:10:35 PM

Can it be done with minerd? Running four instances of the miner, one for each blade?  Huh

Anxiously waiting for it…  Roll Eyes

You can run as many cpuminer process as you want, I don't think it's a problem for the Rpi resources, the real problem is getting them to work together that could be a real pain 'cause you need to set them up each one by hand (I mean by command line). Then Minera won't work because it listens only on one TCP port (4028) while you should use as many as processes you have.

Are you saying that this feature is  out the question for Minera?  Huh

Aren't you working on cgminer support? Wouldn't that change things? Having the built-in support for pool balance and all?

I want to keep on using Minera, I really do, but I hate wasting my time hashing away on a less profitable pool.

My goal is to spread my hashing power across of the most profitable pools and take my chances, winning some and losing some. On average, it will increase my chances to improve my earnings. At least, in theory...  Tongue

michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 05:08:27 PM

Aren't you working on cgminer support? Wouldn't that change things? Having the built-in support for pool balance and all?

I want to keep on using Minera, I really do, but I hate wasting my time hashing away on a less profitable pool.

My goal is to spread my hashing power across of the most profitable pools and take my chances, winning some and losing some. On average, it will increase my chances to improve my earnings. At least, in theory...  Tongue

Multi miner processes on Minera is out of my control, I mean it will be a pain manage multiple miners with multiple API URL, aggregation, deltas, start/stop actions, etc... and I'm only speaking about the background, then there will be to completely rewrite the layout adding much more complexity to manage everything.
I'm doing Minera as an hobby I don't want to become crazy taking care of really complex tasks like this one you are asking for, so no, it's over my possibility, I hope you can understand this.

BUT, there's always a "but", you are right, I'm working hard to add CGMiner/BFGMiner support to Minera with all the options you can use with them, so for example you will be able to do pool balancing for your scope.

Hope you like it Wink

icekohl

Activity: 339
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 05:10:37 PM

Just wanted to say that I just came across this after having issues with ZenOS and absolutely love it. Would be great to be able to use this for my GS minis and my Zues but I'll take what I can get. Will put a day on donation pool once I get everything sorted the way I like it.

Thanks for your work.  Smiley

fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:35:30 PM

Can it be done with minerd? Running four instances of the miner, one for each blade?  Huh

Anxiously waiting for it…  Roll Eyes

Not for nothing I've never seen load-balancing pool switching work as advertised. Just saying.
Kenta

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:22:42 PM

How is the latest version of Minera compared to latest version of Hashra?

I'm currently using Hashra, but my Rpi dies way to often. Perhaps because of a noisy internet connection (dies around 6am every morning) or overheating (I have heatsinks on 3 chips but it have a tendency to be a bit hot in the afternoons here on Cyprus and that's when it dies a lot)...

Perhaps it's possible to make an external watchdog that powercycles the entire system including gridseeds, by an opto-coupled relay, if it doesn't get heartbeats on some output port? Did anyone try this, or perhaps this isn't a problem anymore with Minera?

I'll try to install the new version of Minera tomorrow. What time will it be released?

Trade your cryptocoins at: ◣ bleutrade.com ◢◣ C-Cex.com ◢
Kenta

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:31:09 PM

Hi Michelem,

Time to say thank you again. I pointed  my blade to your donation address for a day, I hope you got some good shares :-).

Cheers... Alex

Thanks LexMine! That is fixed with the next release coming out tomorrow. It fixes the ability to sort boxes on touch devices too.

@jekv2, here..

Trade your cryptocoins at: ◣ bleutrade.com ◢◣ C-Cex.com ◢
Trimegistus
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:35:13 PM

Multi miner processes on Minera is out of my control, I mean it will be a pain manage multiple miners with multiple API URL, aggregation, deltas, start/stop actions, etc... and I'm only speaking about the background, then there will be to completely rewrite the layout adding much more complexity to manage everything.
I'm doing Minera as an hobby I don't want to become crazy taking care of really complex tasks like this one you are asking for, so no, it's over my possibility, I hope you can understand this.

BUT, there's always a "but", you are right, I'm working hard to add CGMiner/BFGMiner support to Minera with all the options you can use with them, so for example you will be able to do pool balancing for your scope.

Hope you like it Wink

I will love it, I'm sure! And I will point my rig towards your BTC address once again, that's for sure!

Thank you for having this kind of hobby!  Cheesy

isuelt

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:28:49 AM

Has anyone gotten Minera to work with MiningRigRentals.com.  Everytime I put the pool info in it does weird things and never connects.  I've tried both the http:// version and stratum+tcp:// version of their configuration.

I've done this on two different Pi's.  Both Pi's are running mini Gridseed Dual miners.

From the Rig Information page. Does it matter that Minera uses CPUminer?

Miner Configuration Examples

cgminer --scrypt -o http://us-west01.miningrigrentals.com:3333 -u isuelt.xxxx -p x
sgminer --scrypt -o http://us-west01.miningrigrentals.com:3333 -u isuelt.xxxx -p x
cudaminer --algo scrypt --url http://us-west01.miningrigrentals.com:3333 -u isuelt.xxxx -p x
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us-west01.miningrigrentals.com:3333 -u isuelt.xxxx -p x --no-gbt --no-getwork

Note: cudaminer users may need to use stratum+tcp://

Please allow up to 2 minutes for your miner to establish its connection
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 12:00:06 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 01:46:44 PM by michelem

Well, as promised, here is: Minera 0.2.2 is out!

What's new?

* Added donations time based
* Added temperature scales C°/F°
* Added sortable box for touch devices too
* Added earnings calculator to the dashboard
* Increasead altcoins to 5
* Added lockscreen autofocus
* Much better responsive experience (try it with a smartphone/tablet)
* Javascript code rewriting may be fixed datatable random issue (?)
* PHP code rewriting to add BFGMiner/CGMiner support
* Added credits in README
* Various fixes

Hope you like it! Feedbacks are very welcome!

For who asked to change the timezone you could run this command until I'll add the timezone settings on Minera (next release):

Code:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

And follow the prompt.

PS
This will be the last Minera release for June. I'm going on a deserved vacation for few days, I will send you a postcard Wink
Don't know if I can release the img file too, but just in case, download the current img file and run the web update as soon as you see the notification icon.

madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:04:14 PM

If someone can post it as an ISO I would appreciate it!!

michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 01:12:29 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 07:05:27 AM by michelem

If someone can post it as an ISO I would appreciate it!!

What ISO? Just download this: http://getminera.com/download/latest and put it into your SD Card.

When you are at the Minera dashboard look for the red notification icon on the upper right corner, click it.

Then click the button "Update Now!".

Let Minera update the system.

Wait few seconds.

You got your brand new Minera 0.2.2 Smiley

EDIT: All the steps are for a new installation, otherwise, just skip the first step and look at the notification icon (it checks for new version every hour)

madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:16:50 PM

Coolness!!!!

michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 01:25:19 PM

May I ask what this is?

Added donations time based

Of course you can, a really nice guy specifically asked me to add a system to automatically donate some of his hash power to the minera donation pool and so I did it.
Here is the small FAQ you can find in the settings page about the time donation (copy/paste):

------------------
How does time donation work?

It's really simple, you can select how many minutes per day you want to donate to Minera, you can choose between 15 minutes and 6 hours. If you leave it at zero minutes, time donation will be disabled. If you enabled it, every day Minera will automatically switch to the donation pool for the amount of time you select. When the period is over Minera switches back to your main pool. Pool switches are on the fly, so it doesn't need to restart anything.

What does happen if Minera reboot/shutdown/stop during the donation period?

Absolutely nothing. I mean, if your Minera system got problems while is running on the donation pool (for example it reboots for power outage), it just restart hashing on the main pool set. It won't retry to switch the donation pool until the day after.

How do you calculate the worth of the donation?

It's really approximate because I simply divide the time in minutes you donate per a fixed average profitability of 0.0018 BTC/Day, the function is: 0.0018 / 24 / 60 x donation_minutes.

What do you do with the money received?

Thanks to your kindly donations I could, for example, buy some of the new hardware coming out to add its support in Minera. So next time there will be a new cool hardware, Minera will be ready to accept it. And of course, I need beer to do all this cool stuff Smiley

Anyway, I wanna really thank you for all you support and appreciation!
------------------

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: