June 30, 2024, 01:53:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .
. - 0 (0%)
. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 ... 357 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LIBERTYCOIN][XLB] v1.0.3.0 | X11 | 100% POS | No IPO | No Premine |  (Read 359767 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Boomslang

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:40:31 PM

I am not attacking you personally for saying those things, but I don't think you realise the full impact of the first statement or the irrational nature of the second.

Crypto-currency is a computer-science experiment that has the possibility of breaking into the mainstream. But keep in mind its still a computer science lab experiment. There is always a central product (the coin created by a or a group of developers) and there is a group of people (the community) who believe in the skills of the development team to 1) innovate and possibly 2) promote. The community also evangelizes strongly and the vibes that a community gives is what attracts more people.

Given that context, all these guys who are now complaining about the incompetence of the developer, did you even do your own due diligence about the dev when you got in your money into XLB? Did you understand the competence of the team behind this coin? Do you understand how difficult it is to pull off the anonymous technology? Do you understand the hard work that needs to be put in? Do you visit IRC to actually talk to the dev to understand his perspective, one on one?

The hype train started when Bouzy joined the party. But remember, Bouzy was not in the original team and he is notorious about not being able to work in a team. So actually thinking that the Coin developer (his product, his baby, however erroneous) is going to roll over and let Bouzy take over in a fist of chest thumping is just wishful thinking.

So basically you fell for Bouzy's promotional skills but never did your due diligence about the actual team and the central product (which surprisingly has not changed any bit). And now that Bouzy has been kicked out, and the prices tumbled, you do not want to build infrastructure to help this coin out from the doldrums, all you do is complain about prices being so low and spread doom and gloom.

Money is usually made through hard work, but in crypto we are constantly piggy backing on other peoples skills without understanding what we are getting into, so sometimes its going to be a hard fall.

Either take the hard path of building infra for this coin yourself, or sell at a loss and move over to something new that is still pre-hype. It is as simple as that.

if you want Libertycoin to regain success, you need to be very careful about the words you use.  I am trying to be helpful - even though it may not appear that way - and even though I am out of XLB.   You are revealing the dev team as amateurs AGAIN and your words would never be written by anyone who knows anything at all about damage limitation.  Unfortunately, you're making it worse again.

"all these guys who are now complaining about the incompetence of the developer, did you even do your own due diligence about the dev when you got in your money into XLB!" = caveat emptor = "let the buyer beware" = the devs were not up to the job before the project started, you're a fool for trusting them and it's your own fault for investing.  Or, simplified "Don't blame us, it's your fault"  Don't blame the devs.  Interesting.

"we are constantly piggy backing on other peoples skills" = we don't have the requisite skills in the dev team to do the work and our approach to delivery is to use other people's code and ideas, we bring nothing new, we are not innovative.

Please, IconicAmateur - you may be a really nice bloke, with good intentions - but you are not helping with the damage limitation when your statements can so easily be picked apart.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Nothing the devs have posted has contributed a single iota to the damage limitation or solid evidence of current developments and changes.  Nada.  Zilch.

You're shooting yourselves in the foot here and pissing on your own dinner!

My best advice would be for the devs and all backers of Libertycoin to STFU until something tangible and working is ready to be delivered.  Concentrate on that.  All attempts at damage limitation have failed so far.  Keeping quiet may be your best option for the future of Libertycoin.

Once you have something tested and fully working - not an Alpha or Beta, not something that only hackers can use - then you should employ (that means pay for in money, not XLB bounties) someone with proper marketing skills to big it all up again (oh, I forgot, you got rid of the last bloke) with proper press announcements etc and a whole new product.  

The name Libertycoin is now a laughing stock across the whole crypto world and all the developers and supporters have been red flagged for future refence by many people.  

You did this to yourselves.  You lit the fire, all that other people have done is throw you more wood.
Boomslang

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:48:21 PM

Edit: I am not trying to say that the devs are out off their depth, simply because its not easy to understand the depth at such a short span. All I am saying he being a young lad has never handled an investment vehicle of this proportion before so its going to be a good learning curve. I wish him best of luck as long he is giving his 100% (and he does seem like a hard worker) he might end up doing good. He certainly created a coin with good fundamentals so he is not a rank rookie. You, as an investor, should understood the risk of inexperience and learning curve needed before getting in with your BTC. (Strangely, that is how Venture Capital works as wel

My bold, you are making it worse.

"Not easy to understand the depth" = the devs are clueless about creating a product in a market the *think* they understand but in reality have no idea.

It's a learning curve for the dev.

People bought into this coin because they thought it was being run by professionals. 

People have accused the devs of being a bunch of kids and now you say it's true.

Seriously, you have no real idea of the words you are using.
judgecrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:48:35 PM

First of all let me say this...

I am a little bit peeved at Iconic Expert for posting his announcement that he would work it out to get control of the coin when in fact he was not sure he could.  I like many others purchased the coin on his announcement and lost some money when it tanked.  In hindsight he should have done more due diligence before he made statements he could not reasonably back up, regarding taking over the lead dev role.  He should have also interviewed the dev team before becoming involved.  In the midst of it all I sent him a PM asking if I should sell or hold which was unanswered, which again peeved me.  Now Iconic does not owe me anything.  I am just someone that admired his work and if you are going to get and keep a following I think it is important to take care of people that follow you.

The racial comments on this thread really irritate me.  People who use racial comments should be banned period.  There is no place in this world for that kind of bigotry.  

People here, like myself learned an important lesson.  A coin with a low amount of coins is not a scarce resource in and of itself (There are PLENTY of those).  There has to be innovation.  They have to be doing something different.  Does Liberty coin offer anything right now?  If they deliver on a new innovation the market will respond.  If not the coin will die or anguish like others that have imploded.

Sadly the only thing that can save this coin is for Iconic to take it over.   I did not see anything in the chat logs or PM posts that indicated that Iconic was doing any sort of scam.  He was simply trying to lead the only way he knows how.  To me Iconic is guilty of being arrogant and hot tempered.  These are not crimes and many successful corporate executives share these traits.  

As far as his Wall Street donations.  I said in another thread that he should simply give the funds to the Blackcoin foundation and be done with it.  I don't believe he was scamming it but it is easy to twist his keeping it as scamming.  I know he cringes at giving it back to the BC foundation but it would get that stupid monkey off his back.  This is where his arrogance is a hindrance.  Sometimes he takes actions that he should not simply because he feels a medieval sense of honor or is angry...

I ordered and received two of the limited edition cards.  They were packed well.  I believe Iconic to be an honest guy.  I believe the only way he will succeed in a coin is if he works with someone who has a bigger ego than his that he respects or he makes his own coin, which I believe would be successful.

Judge Crypto
IconicAmateur

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:51:56 PM

switch and bait

Ok I am not going to engage in this reading between the lines switch and bait. Either be constructive and help the devs and the community by pushing the envelope or fucking sell/dump and go away. You and only you need to read for yourself the capability of a coin or the team behind it. I tried to be reasonable but you are not getting it.
mistersushi

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:56:24 PM

Judge Crypto

You and IconicExpert seem to be birds of a feather.  You two should make a coin together, perhaps produce offspring together. 
Boomslang

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:59:09 PM

switch and bait

Ok I am not going to engage in this reading between the lines switch and bait. Either be constructive and help the devs and the community by pushing the envelope or fucking sell/dump and go away. I tried to be reasonable but you are not getting it.
And I have been trying to be reasonable with you.

You need to be careful of the words you use, that is what I am saying.  It doesn't seem to be getting through.  If you can't understand that, then you are not the sensible, rational person in all of this mess that I thought you were.  You stand alone - out of all the other pro-Libertycoin posters in this thread and twitter - as trying to bring some sort of order to this chaos.

Take that as a compliment, you deserve one.

afeizhai

Activity: 109

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:02:00 PM

In June 1st, is a new scam. All questions and provide evidence of the posts are deleted developers

IconicAmateur

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:03:01 PM

Hmm. All I am trying to say is the situation demands rationality and pragmatism. You have a team in place and you gotta back that team and help them build forward. I visited IRC and saw the devs trying quite hard to push Liberty forward. The team does not need to be comprising of A listers and 50 year olds done it all successful business dudes, what they need at this juncture is to have the willingness to keep pushing under severe pressure. And the success of this coin and community hinges on that.
acseric

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:04:36 PM

As much as any of us might disagree with the developer and his team, guess what - it is their coin.  They have been very clear that if you dont like it, GTFO.  

Why is everyone still fighting this.  Support the coin the way it is, or find another coin to support.
Boomslang

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:07:11 PM

As much as any of us might disagree with the developer and his team, guess what - it is their coin.  They have been very clear that if you dont like it, GTFO.  

Why is everyone still fighting this.  Support the coin the way it is, or find another coin to support.
No "Yay!" ?   I'm upset Sad
acseric

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:08:24 PM

No "Yay!" ?   I'm upset Sad

hehe.  Me too.  It is much more fun cheering for every weird twist and turn in this thread.

Everyone needs to read the writing on the wall.  YAY!
IconicAmateur

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:09:03 PM

Acseric I have to forgive all your Yayys! for this comment. Well said.
acseric

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:13:02 PM

As much as I have been having fun with this thread, I do respect the will of the owner.  It is his to with what he wants.  Everyone else, if you have a different vision - follow that vision somewhere else.  If you want to support the developer's decisions, stay here and do that.

The concept is very simple.

P.S.  Yay!
mistersushi

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:14:04 PM

Hmm. All I am trying to say is the situation demands rationality and pragmatism. You have a team in place and you gotta back that team and help them build forward. I visited IRC and saw the devs trying quite hard to push Liberty forward. The team does not need to be comprising of A listers and 50 year olds done it all successful business dudes, what they need at this juncture is to have the willingness to keep pushing under severe pressure. And the success of this coin and community hinges on that.

Well put.  What I see in the Dev is that he has a concept and a vision that's bigger and better than those of the vast majority of coins out there.  As long as he keeps going, I don't care that the price has fallen.  In my view, the people who are trying to create such urgency to get the price up are not credible.  There is no rational motive behind that other than pump-and-dump, or "Crap, how am I gonna make rent??"
IconicAmateur

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:16:21 PM

Sadly the only thing that can save this coin is for Iconic to take it over.

You are basically passing a judgement under the garb of veiled and loosely put together logic and a vague sense of Bouzy-allegiance. I am not saying you are an alter ego of Bouzy but there is a difference between sparking a debate and blatant endorsement. This is the latter.
mistersushi

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:18:31 PM

+1

acseric, I didn't find your "yays" to be constructive, but I apologize for calling you an idiot.
acseric

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:19:19 PM

Sadly the only thing that can save this coin is for Iconic to take it over.

You are basically passing a judgement under the garb of veiled and loosely put together logic and a vague sense of Bouzy-allegiance. I am not saying you are an alter ego of Bouzy but there is a difference between sparking a debate and blatant endorsement. This is the latter.

If you like iconic, go follow him to whatever his new coin is going to be.  The community that he brought with him never was the Libertycoin community, and they are gone now.  What remains is the real Libertycoin community.  If that is not to your liking, you should move on.
IconicAmateur

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:19:35 PM

Well put.  What I see in the Dev is that he has a concept and a vision that's bigger and better than those of the vast majority of coins out there.  As long as he keeps going, I don't care that the price has fallen.  In my view, the people who are trying to create such urgency to get the price up are not credible.  There is no rational motive behind that other than pump-and-dump, or "Crap, how am I gonna make rent??"

Yes, there is a tendency to think of crypto as lottery and when the prices come down abruptly in a matter of hours, the sense of loss is great and drives people into a rage. Remember, most times, this is a zero sum game. A sad mixture of greed and impatience pervades over the crypto valley. Hopefully, better sense will prevail as the industry matures.

acseric

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:21:44 PM

+1

acseric, I didn't find your "yays" to be constructive, but I apologize for calling you an idiot.

No worries.  The Yays came from frustration because every post was being deleted.  I was just amusing myself by pointing out how absurd many of the comments here were.

Now that there is a real discussion, my Yays will have to be retired.
IconicAmateur

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:23:04 PM

Now that there is a real discussion, my Yays will have to be retired.

Thanks.
Pages: « 1 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 ... 357 »
  Print  

Jump to: