September 14, 2024, 02:17:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .
. - 0 (0%)
. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LIBERTYCOIN][XLB] v1.0.3.0 | X11 | 100% POS | No IPO | No Premine |  (Read 359860 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
voisina

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:23:25 PM

Libertycoin needs exactly what Liberty itself needs, Belief.
Belief is the base of intrinsic value.
If you think I'm wrong, study what makes money, money.

Belief has been used to by scam artists to dupe the uneducated for centuries.

The whales who are pumping and dumping you are manipulating you on your "belief".  Believers arent the ones dumping the coins, the whales are because they can make money on the uneducated.

There's that negative undertone again.
Belief is a very powerful thing. Belief caused great nations to rise. Belief encourages enormous sacrifice for a cause. Belief can overcome anything, and that's been proven countless times in history.
The real "whales" are the fed. The fed dukes believers with fiat. Libertycoin is not fiat.
Belief in libertycoin is a step toward liberty!
voisina

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:26:09 PM

Belief isn't the only thing that makes money, money.

Fundamentals also matter.  People don't accept fiat currency simply because they have faith or believe.

People accept fiat because the governments that control the fiat back that fiat with the fundamental worth of their GDP. 

You need to study more. The only thing liberty coin is missing is the intrinsic value caused by belief
Boomslang

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:26:19 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2014, 09:41:18 PM by Boomslang

@acseric.

What Libertycoin needs is a totally fresh approach, not one that is a re-pasting of previous coins.

The only way to increase uptake by more investors is to "liberate" the large accounts and put those coins into circulation.  The more that is held off the exchanges, the less oil in the engine.  Holding coins is not the way to improve uptake on the hope that things will get better in the future.  cf The French Revolution.

Warning - the following statement is NOT FUD ...

Even if the large account holders have to take a huge loss to get those coins into circulation, without a fairer distribution of them across many more individual investors rather than a few whales, it will stagnate and become worthless.

Once circulation is under way, the real trading can continue and the value of Libertycoin can find it's own level in the altcoin marketplace.  It may go up or down - but this is the decision of the traders, dependent upon the flow of a currency not those who may want to P&D or hold for 6 months with the intent of making a huge win.  Market manipulation only occurs because large proportions of coins are controlled by single individuals or groups.

Lack of circulation is killing Libertycoin - and other coins too.  People need a loaf of bread today, not a wheat field in a year.

There is a major difference between need and want.  I know what people want - a return on their investment and huge profits - but Libertycoin needs to release itself from the shackles of crippling lack of movement and flow first.

I think anonimity is a strange beast.  Anonimity is often confused with privacy.        

Everyone needs privacy, in all cultures across all the ages.  Privacy is important.  Closing the toilet door is privacy, not anonimity.

Anonimity is normally used so that protection can be given to the innocent when they want to raise issues, such as whistleblowing.

Users of the forum are pretty much anonymous.

However, when anonimity is applied to a currency transaction it opens up the opportunity for illegal, untracable activities.  It's the big potential for illegal activity that puts the general public off.   Do you want Libertycoin to only be used within the alt communities or be accepted by the general public?

So, if any crypto wants to successfully make the leap from a small group of techno's into the public arena and away from secrecy, it needs to be open, not anonymous.  Just my view.    

At the moment, cryptos can be thought of as gaming consoles ... until the WII came along, gaming stayed in the realms of children and geeks.  Gaming was frowned upon as a waste of time.  Cryptos are seen as a bad investment.  Once the WII made gaming all-inclusive it became more acceptable.  Now we have Angry Birds and Candy Crush - games that would not have been created if the WII had not made gaming acceptable.

So does Libertycoin want to remain at the console level or become a WII moment?  The devs need to consider this.

You cannot use the word Liberty in a coin and then make it the exclusive playing field of a small minority.

Either change the name, or open up - one or the other, you can't have both.

acseric

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:26:53 PM

The whales who are pumping and dumping you are manipulating you on your "belief".  Believers arent the ones dumping the coins, the whales are because they can make money on the uneducated.

Belief is a very powerful thing. Belief caused great nations to rise. Belief encourages enormous sacrifice for a cause. Belief can overcome anything, and that's been proven countless times in history.
The real "whales" are the fed. The fed dukes believers with fiat. Libertycoin is not fiat.

We can agree to disagree on belief.  You think it is powerful enough, I think more is needed. good enough.

Do you think a strong developer with vision is needed, or just belief?
acseric

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:29:02 PM

@acseric.

What Libertycoin needs is a totally fresh approach, not one that is a re-pasting of previous coins.

The only way to increase uptake by more investors is to "liberate" the large accounts and put those coins into circulation.  The more that is held off the exchanges, the less oil in the engine.  Holding coins is not the way to improve uptake on the hope that things will get better in the future.  

Warning - the following statement is NOT FUD ...

Even if the large account holders have to take a huge loss to get those coins into circulation, without a fairer distribution of them across many more individual investors rather than a few whales, it will stagnate and become worthless.

Once circulation is under way, the real trading can continue and the value of Libertycoin can find it's own level in the altcoin marketplace.  It may go up or down - but this is the decision of the traders, dependent upon the flow of a currency not those who may want to P&D or hold for 6 months with the intent of making a huge win.  Market manipulation only occurs because large proportions of coins are controlled by single individuals or groups.

Lack of circulation is killing Libertycoin - and other coins too.  People need a loaf of bread today, not a wheat field in a year.

There is a major difference between need and want.  I know what people want - a return on their investment and huge profits - but Libertycoin needs to release itself from the shackles of crippling lack of movement and flow first.

I think anonimity is a strange beast.  Anonimity is often confused with privacy.        

Everyone needs privacy, in all cultures across all the ages.  Privacy is important.  Closing the toilet door is privacy, not anonimity.

Anonimity is normally used so that protection can be given to the innocent when they want to raise issues, such as whistleblowing.

Users of the forum are pretty much anonymous.

However, when anonimity is applied to a currency transaction it opens up the opportunity for illegal, untracable activities.  It's the big potential for illegal activity that puts the general public off.   Do you want Libertycoin to only be used within the alt communities or be accepted by the general public?

So, if any crypto wants to successfully make the leap from a small group of techno's into the public arena and away from secrecy, it needs to be open, not anonymous.  Just my view.    

At the moment, cryptos can be thought of as gaming consoles ... until the WII came along, gaming stayed in the realms of children and geeks.  Gaming was frowned upon as a waste of time.  Cryptos are seen as a bad investment.  Once the WII made gaming all-inclusive it became more acceptable.  Now we have Angry Birds and Candy Crush - games that would not have been created if the WII had not made gaming acceptable.

So does Libertycoin want to remain at the console level or become a WII moment?  The devs need to consider this.

You cannot use the word Liberty in a coin and then make it the exclusive playing field of a small minority.

Either change the name, or open up - one or the other, you can't have both.

This is far better explained than I could have said it. 

No matter what you might think, Boomslang and I do want libertycoin to succeed.  It wont do that simply on faith.
voisina

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:38:30 PM

We can agree to disagree on belief.  You think it is powerful enough, I think more is needed. good enough.

I think:
1- it has to function properly
2- it must have a market - you need to be able to purchase things with it
3- it needs to be promoted as the name describes
I think that features are interesting but can also overshadow the true purpose of cryptocurrency. I don't think we need a coin that shoots lasers.
We need real money that can be moved digitally and securely
voisina

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:40:09 PM

I think:
1- it has to function properly
2- it must have a market - you need to be able to purchase things with it
3- it needs to be promoted as the name describes
I think that features are interesting but can also overshadow the true purpose of cryptocurrency. I don't think we need a coin that shoots lasers.
We need real money that can be moved digitally and securely

I don't know of a developers vision that could trump the vision of liberty
Boomslang

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:42:09 PM

It's not so much the strengths of the devs or the community, but the principles on which they stand and adhere to.

No amount of promotion will help without a solid foundation.  You cannot polish a turd.
voisina

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:45:50 PM

It's not so much the strengths of the devs or the community, but the principles on which they stand and adhere to.

No amount of promotion will help without a solid foundation.  You cannot polish a turd.

I am not a dev. Please explain precisely what makes it a "turd"
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:54:43 PM

I think aceric and boomslang are the same person. Same writing style same goal to make us lose our investment.
Anyone that spends hrs on end trying to help me make decisions
Has their own agenda. maybe a whale feeding on cheap coins while using mistrust and misdirection.
Boomslang

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:56:48 PM

No amount of promotion will help without a solid foundation.  You cannot polish a turd.

All cryptos are copy/paste of previous coins - all are subject to the problems I have highlighted.  All of them are potentially turds.  Just an anology, I'm not saying Libertycoin is specifically a turd amongst good cryptos, that's a misinterpretation.

In order to move forward, a new philosophy needs to be created.  

Reference : Thatcherism, 1980's.

The old order needed to be uprooted, examined and re-assessed.  A new foundation was required for the future.

Does Libertycoin want to follow the old ways or create something new?

Anonimity is not a new way forward, it is merely another coat of paint on the crumbling wall of cryptos.

In it's current state, Libertycoin is not Liberty - it is Aristocracy, hiding behind a name, no different to any other coin, ruled by an elite.

Liberty is based on giving, not taking.

It goes against the founding principles of Satoshi.
Boomslang

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:16:29 PM

I think aceric and boomslang are the same person. Same writing style same goal to make us lose our investment.
Anyone that spends hrs on end trying to help me make decisions
Has their own agenda. maybe a whale feeding on cheap coins while using mistrust and misdirection.

Cryptos have made people so paranoid that any views other than their own or views that do not support the process by which coins are generated and distributed unfairly, or expose the rampant manipulation of markets are seen as suspicious.

"Hey, Boomslang, stop rocking the boat, man!"
Boomslang

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:19:46 PM

No amount of promotion will help without a solid foundation.  You cannot polish a turd.

All cryptos are copy/paste of previous coins - all are subject to the problems I have highlighted.  All of them are potentially turds.  Just an anology, I'm not saying Libertycoin is specifically a turd amongst good cryptos, that's a misinterpretation.

The old order needed to be uprooted, examined and re-assessed.  A new foundation was required for the future.

Anonimity is not a new way forward, it is merely another coat of paint on the crumbling wall of cryptos.

In it's current state, Libertycoin is not Liberty - it is Aristocracy, hiding behind a name, no different like any other coin, ruled by an elite.

Boomslang why do you keep using 1980's thatcherism for your analogies? Are you English? Because I am from the industrial North, and I've been directly affected by the shit you are talking about. You mentioned the coal mines earlier and now this, and my problem is that you are making really bullshit statements, "The old order needed to be uprooted, examined and re-assessed.  A new foundation was required for the future." This is nonsense, the old order was not replaced by a new and improved order, the new order was installed so as to only benefit the elite - Thatcher's friends and sponsors, so how the hell is this a relevant analogy?? It's the complete opposite way around, before Thatcher there were trade unions and community spirit, after Thatcher there was rife unemployment, the rich got richer and the poor got poorer. You are making sloppy generalised statements and not even thinking about your words, something you have constantly been accusing others of.
Why are you still here anyway?...

Bold part : and that's not already happening in cryptos?

I never said I supported Thatcherism, nor did I say it was an improvement.  I just said it was new - very new in fact.

I also have family in the North who were affected.

My mention of coal mining was based on it's current usefulness as a commodity, and was not a commentary on the places or people that mined it.

The analogy was making a point that until one system is overthrown, a new one cannot evolve.

And this is not a personal attack on you, either, before you misinterpret it.

Does Libertycoin want to be "new" or "old" ?
voisina

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:28:06 PM

I think Bitcoin is great accept for two things: its speed, and the infinite hashing power needed. Libertycoin eliminates these problems. Anonymity is great in a society based on solid moral footing. Or is it?  I don't know how solid our morality is these days. I think some serious study is needed to conclude anonymity to be, overall, beneficial or not. The only real way to figure out if it's good is to try it. Whether that will ever happen for money is anyone's guess.
However, remember to think big. To think big means an alternative to fiat currencies. A happy and cohesive society is not full of dark secrets. If the society is based on liberty, good moral ground, and natural law, why do we really need to hide our money movements. The largest benefit I see with anonymous money is to avoid the fraud and money controls set in place by the government. In a lawful society, these controls would not exist.
I'm not firm yes or no to anonymity.

Boomslang

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:33:27 PM

I think Bitcoin is great accept for two things: its speed, and the infinite hashing power needed. Libertycoin eliminates these problems. Anonymity is great in a society based on solid moral footing. Or is it?  I don't know how solid our morality is these days. I think some serious study is needed to conclude anonymity to be, overall, beneficial or not. The only real way to figure out if it's good is to try it. Whether that will ever happen for money is anyone's guess.
However, remember to think big. To think big means an alternative to fiat currencies. A happy and cohesive society is not full of dark secrets. If the society is based on liberty, good moral ground, and natural law, why do we really need to hide our money movements. The largest benefit I see with anonymous money is to avoid the fraud and money controls set in place by the government. In a lawful society, these controls would not exist.
I'm not firm yes or no to anonymity.

With the amount of effort put into speeding up the internet, it's surprising that Bitcoin is so slow.

It feels like riding a bike on a 6 lane motorway.

If you have a solid, moral foundation, no amount of mudslinging can harm you.

There are no trade unions in crypto, maybe the investors need one.
voisina

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:35:21 PM

New or old?
Libertycoin makes the old new again. There is no  greater dream for working class people then liberty.

Boomslang you are far too narrow minded. Like I said, we need money. Good money. Not coins that shoot lasers.
Boomslang

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:39:55 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2014, 10:51:53 PM by Boomslang

In it's current state, Libertycoin is not Liberty - it is Aristocracy, hiding behind a name, no different like any other coin, ruled by an elite.

Boomslang why do you keep using 1980's thatcherism for your analogies? Are you English? Because I am from the industrial North, and I've been directly affected by the shit you are talking about. You mentioned the coal mines earlier and now this, and my problem is that you are making really bullshit statements, "The old order needed to be uprooted, examined and re-assessed.  A new foundation was required for the future." This is nonsense, the old order was not replaced by a new and improved order, the new order was installed so as to only benefit the elite - Thatcher's friends and sponsors, so how the hell is this a relevant analogy?? It's the complete opposite way around, before Thatcher there were trade unions and community spirit, after Thatcher there was rife unemployment, the rich got richer and the poor got poorer. You are making sloppy generalised statements and not even thinking about your words, something you have constantly been accusing others of.
Why are you still here anyway?...

I never said I supported Thatcherism, nor did I say it was an improvement.  I just said it was new - very new in fact.

I also have family in the North who were affected.

My mention of coal mining was based on it's current usefulness as a commodity, and was not a commentary on the places or people that mined it.

The analogy was making a point that until one system is overthrown, a new one cannot evolve.

Does Libertycoin want to be "new" or "old" ?

Well are you here because you want to help Libertycoin be more innovative? Otherwise what is your reason for posting here so much? Are there not other coins out there that you are concerned about ~ why Libertycoin? If you want to help steer Libertycoin in the right direction then I welcome you with open arms because I think you are right that it needs to set itself apart from the rest and create something new. I don't want it to be just another altcoin, just another pump and dump. I want it to actually have meaning behind its name: Liberty. At present I have to admit it doesn't. I would like to see it have principles based on Liberty that are known to the community, a movement that people know when they hear the name Libertycoin. It should at the very least, do something in the real world that liberates people, otherwise it's just another coin with a fancy name. And the devs need to realise that.

I am still for Libertycoin, even though I hold no investment in it.

The cry of liberty in the French Revolution was a throwing away of the old order (Aristocracy, wealth in the hands of the few) and a new beginning (power to the people, redistribution of wealth).

Until a radical upheavel of the "old order" is implemented, Libertycoin will simply follow the rest of the rich into ever-expanding ivory towers.

A fancy anon feature is not innovation if all it does is protect the rich and make them richer by hiding their wealth even further.

Right now, the crypto world is no different to private banks.

If anonimity is taken up, the future will be trillions of dollars of the ruling elite's money going crypto so that no-one knows who has what.  It will be even worse than the current state of the banks and their owners. 

The populace, instead of being liberated, are held in check and controlled (slavery) by the very people they have entrusted to emancipate them.
Boomslang

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:44:32 PM

New or old?
Libertycoin makes the old new again. There is no  greater dream for working class people then liberty.

Boomslang you are far too narrow minded. Like I said, we need money. Good money. Not coins that shoot lasers.

No it doesn't - it hides behind the face of Liberty, controlled by a ruling elite.  Just like all the other coins.  Just like the banks.

The very banks we are trying to get away from.  It's bankers dressed up as geography teachers.

It's not new; it's not a new foundation - it is another coat of paint on an old wall.

"Look! it's Shiney, buy me!"

I'm not sure where narrow-minded comes into it in my posts.  I want openness and Liberty.

Some of the responses are, however, very narrow-minded. 
voisina

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:48:49 PM

People unite naturally with like minds. Like minds are a force to be reckoned with. "Unions" however, are lead by mafias.
I know you think your smart always avoiding what is pointed out when you are accused of being false. False in your motives, false in your statements. Like I said before, your intentions are obvious. I can see right threw your game. You really should check this flaw in your character before carrying on. You can escape what others say but you'll never escape your own thoughts.
I'm discussing things civilly with you. But it's like having tea with the enemy.
I'll give you one thing though, you sure are relentless
jt7382

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:54:35 PM

Nobody is ever going to take this coin seriously with a thread like this. Ignore the trolls or XLB is going to die. Devs need to take control, this is so stupid.
Pages: « 1 ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 »
  Print  

Jump to: