Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:45:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you like the new Uro logo?
Yes - 69 (54.3%)
No - 33 (26%)
I like the new and old ones equally - 8 (6.3%)
Undecided - 17 (13.4%)
Total Voters: 127

Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][URO] A Real Long Term Currency: 1 Uro = 1 Metric Tonne Urea Fertilizer  (Read 247320 times)
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:48:09 PM

Someone just explain this:

Let's assume 1 uro becomes worth 1 ton of Urea, $300. What happens when one of you bag holders decides to sell a couple thousand coins? you are telling me the price of Urea will crash just because a Uro holder cashed out?
I'm fighting common sense here, help me out.

Uro ratification says that uro is tied to 1 mt of urea. there is no co-relation with its price on any exchange. if some one cash out on an exchange and the price slumps- then some one will get cheap fertilizers for their farms-as they bought cheap uro and they still will get 1 mt of urea for 1 uro- as 1 uro=1mt of urea

You said it perfectly. Took words right out of my mouth.

And those bagholders who sell, people will buy it right back.

So that's the answer then, holders of Uro have the power to crash the price of Urea.
First off, sellers of Urea don't pay the bills with crypto currency, they pay it with fiat. When the price of Uro crashes on the exchange, that means when they cash out they will get much less than the cost of production.
Secondly, a buyer of Urea could buy a whole bunch of Uro coin right now and get cheap urea, so why aren't they doing it?

I'm not fudding, I'm debating - these are some very basic and huge flaws in this concept, looking forward to reasonable answers.

URO holder can NOT crash Urea price... URO is a TOKEN saying how much UREA u own.  So when I sell all my tokens to someone else lets say for free... I give them all away at 0 dollars...  That UREA is still there.  And its still worth something. I lost my value and my share in UREA.  I did not kill the total price of UREA.  Actually I did not effect the price of UREA at all.. all I did was fuck myself. Because UREA is PHYSICAL and URO are tokens representing that PHYSICAL asset... when u demolish the digital token.. the physical asset still remains in all its Valueness and vast beauty!! Nitrogen! yeah!

chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:54:47 PM

Let's assume 1 uro becomes worth 1 ton of Urea, $300. What happens when one of you bag holders decides to sell a couple thousand coins? you are telling me the price of Urea will crash just because a Uro holder cashed out?

Uro ratification says that uro is tied to 1 mt of urea. there is no co-relation with its price on any exchange. if some one cash out on an exchange and the price slumps- then some one will get cheap fertilizers for their farms-as they bought cheap uro and they still will get 1 mt of urea for 1 uro- as 1 uro=1mt of urea

So that's the answer then, holders of Uro have the power to crash the price of Urea.
First off, sellers of Urea don't pay the bills with crypto currency, they pay it with fiat. When the price of Uro crashes on the exchange, that means when they cash out they will get much less than the cost of production.
Secondly, a buyer of Urea could buy a whole bunch of Uro coin right now and get cheap urea, so why aren't they doing it?

I'm not fudding, I'm debating - these are some very basic and huge flaws in this concept, looking forward to reasonable answers.

URO holder can NOT crash Urea price... URO is a TOKEN saying how much UREA u own.  So when I sell all my tokens to someone else lets say for free... I give them all away at 0 dollars...  That UREA is still there.  And its still worth something. I lost my value and my share in UREA.  I did not kill the total price of UREA.  Actually I did not effect the price of UREA at all.. all I did was fuck myself. Because UREA is PHYSICAL and URO are tokens representing that PHYSICAL asset... when u demolish the digital token.. the physical asset still remains in all its Valueness and vast beauty!! Nitrogen! yeah!

Follow me here. Sellers of Urea are doing it to to make money. When someone pays them with a vapor asset that has no inherent value, they need to do what? cash it out, yes. Why? because they have costs associated with making urea. Labor costs, material costs, utility bills, taxes, etc etc etc.
So, when the price of Uro crashes on the exchange what do they do? hold it and hope the price goes back up so they can cash it out to pay all those bills? No, they need the money when the urea is sold because that's how business works.
Holy shit guys, the explanations I'm getting don't pass the laugh test.

Businesses that accept btc only do so because they can cash out immediately for the current value of whatever fiat they deal in. To think crypto could work any other way isn't using any logic at all.
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:57:32 PM

dev is in irc #uro
maybe he can sort this pissing contest

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
kuchini

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:58:04 PM

It will stay stable if you are able to buy 1 metric ton of urea for 1 uro, just like its' done in FIAT/COMMODITY markets. Those who invest early are the winners. Instead of crying, buy some now. It's still early. Even at .007 current price, you will still profit 60X when it reaches UREA prices.

Seriously, you sound like a brain washed zombie. Ever seen the Manchurian candidate?
replace:
"Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life."

with:
"1 Uro coin will soon reach the price of 1 ton Urea."

Tell you what, if this coin that can't even pass .008 that is supposed to be worth .5 within a week passes .01 I'll think about it.

There is no way it will instantly reach $300 per coin in a week. There'll always be profit takers, diluting of peoples holding into different hands, increase share of future distributors, manipulation, and wolong dumps for it to reach such this high market cap. Right now there are many profit takers who invested early who do want to be rewarded for their risk of starting early to realize profits of an increasing price and people being shaken out to manipulation and fud. I don't expect this to happen over night.
reader31

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:59:47 PM

This is an experiment.  Maybe it will work, maybe it won't; I don't see any reason to express certainty either way, but it seems consistent with the disruptive ethos of Bitcoin and crypto-currencies in general that we should hope that it does succeed and make a difference.  

If you don't think it will work, perhaps you could make suggestions on how it could be improved, or are you saying that asset backed crypto-currencies will never be successful?

I have made some sucessful investments into crypto todate. This coin openned up an interesting application for cryptos.
To me if anything this coin represents the future disruptive potential of cryptocurrencies. Im confident that even if this project runs into issues, we as a community can come together to make sure it succeds. If bitcoin took the first steps to show whats possible with decentralized currencies...URO is leading the way in a brave new direction. Just like sucess of bitcoin was never gaurenteed, no one can gaurentee the sucess of uro. How many people thought bitcoin will even reach $1?

true-asset (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Uro: 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 12:22:49 AM

Green Earth Systems Limited is a Hong Kong company so all FUD about GES Australia is irrelevant by definition.

The domain name of Green Earth Systems Limited is gescommodity.com. Currently this redirects to the greenearthsystems.com.au site because that is how the group of companies has organized itself deal with English PR.

Green Earth Systems Limited is the company that ratified the Uro Protocol. Examine the Instrument of Ratification and check the company seal for yourself.

"Green Earth Systems Pty Ltd" is an Australian company that is not involved with the Uro Protocol ratification. However GES Australia does handle some of the English PR and documentation services for the GES group due to the convenience of having an abundance of English literate staff in Australia.

Green Earth Systems Pty Ltd (Australia) has an active company registration according the the Australian government: http://www.abn.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?abn=17132561132. In light of this I would like whoever claimed GES Australia is insolvent to publicly apologise on the forum for their false defamation.

The Instrument of Ratification for Green Earth Systems clearly shows a company seal for "Green Earth Systems Limited" in Hong Kong. If you make a request with the Hong Kong Companies Registry you can get a registered sample of this company seal to check for yourself.

Company Contact Details:

Green Earth Systems Limited
Registration Number: 1682761
Address: Suites 01-03, 16th Floor, Kinwick Centre, 32 Hollywood Road, Central Hong Kong
E-mail: hk@greenearthsystems.com.au

Uro: A Real Long Term Currency, 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer[/url]
Urea N46 tracks gradual increases in energy and food prices over the long term.
fiftyseven

Activity: 427
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:27:43 AM

URO holder can NOT crash Urea price... URO is a TOKEN saying how much UREA u own.  So when I sell all my tokens to someone else lets say for free... I give them all away at 0 dollars...  That UREA is still there.  And its still worth something. I lost my value and my share in UREA.  I did not kill the total price of UREA.  Actually I did not effect the price of UREA at all.. all I did was fuck myself. Because UREA is PHYSICAL and URO are tokens representing that PHYSICAL asset... when u demolish the digital token.. the physical asset still remains in all its Valueness and vast beauty!! Nitrogen! yeah!

Follow me here. Sellers of Urea are doing it to to make money. When someone pays them with a vapor asset that has no inherent value, they need to do what? cash it out, yes. Why? because they have costs associated with making urea. Labor costs, material costs, utility bills, taxes, etc etc etc.
So, when the price of Uro crashes on the exchange what do they do? hold it and hope the price goes back up so they can cash it out to pay all those bills? No, they need the money when the urea is sold because that's how business works.
Holy shit guys, the explanations I'm getting don't pass the laugh test.

Businesses that accept btc only do so because they can cash out immediately for the current value of whatever fiat they deal in. To think crypto could work any other way isn't using any logic at all.

I asked this exact question a few weeks back - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=600639.msg7235500#msg7235500 - and got a snooty one liner back about not understanding commodity markets.

I think the point is the value is inherent in the URO/Urea. As for their costs of manufacture, once they have URO in their possession they can sell it back directly as a future to purchasers.

Trading it on the crypto markets is a bit odd in my mind too because of the potential price fluctuations, but I guess it's only before shipments start and the URO is not mostly redistributed within the industry that there will the "cheap URO" problem.

It's still mildly baffling, yes.
whymine

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:33:09 AM

UREA Industry View:

As a pool (whymine) owner, we have find what coin has potential to become the next BIG Thing. We been trying to understand how much potential does this coin have and finally begin to see it through the eye farmer (real one). URO wasn't mean for (Quick Cash, although it will be for WHALE), it is long term support for the farmer to own UREA without actually physical OWN it. URO Certificate (A URO Wallet) give farmer the confidence and necessary property and perhaps even a trust in UREA industry.  

So if URO protocol go well, it really does farmer in a long run and maybe they can change how to deal with transportation and managing of physical UREA and also cut cost down. Since 1 URO = Lot of UREA, the farmer don't have to physical KEPT the UREA from season to season and don't even have to take care of physical UREA and/or someone sabotaging their UREA.

Crypto Industry View:
In term of price, it definitely will not reach 0.5 BTC per 1 URO because in crypto industry they are too many whale and dumper which have their own agenda in it. If it going to reach 0.5 BTC than the market really cannot sustain itself or unless BTC break $6000 per BTC.

Lastly, if the 9 July is a success for URO, we shall expect more NEW backed-asset COIN pump up every week that where the fun really begin.   Ok back to mining.....
FoeRest

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:35:08 AM

Green Earth Systems Limited is a Hong Kong company so all FUD about GES Australia is irrelevant by definition.

The domain name of Green Earth Systems Limited is gescommodity.com. Currently this redirects to the greenearthsystems.com.au site because that is how the group of companies has organized itself deal with English PR.

Green Earth Systems Limited is the company that ratified the Uro Protocol. Examine the Instrument of Ratification and check the company seal for yourself.

"Green Earth Systems Pty Ltd" is an Australian company that is not involved with the Uro Protocol ratification. However GES Australia does handle some of the English PR and documentation services for the GES group due to the convenience of having an abundance of English literate staff in Australia.

Green Earth Systems Pty Ltd (Australia) has an active company registration according the the Australian government: http://www.abn.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?abn=17132561132. In light of this I would like whoever claimed GES Australia is insolvent to publicly apologise on the forum for their false defamation.

The Instrument of Ratification for Green Earth Systems clearly shows a company seal for "Green Earth Systems Limited" in Hong Kong. If you make a request with the Hong Kong Companies Registry you can get a registered sample of this company seal to check for yourself.

Company Contact Details:

Green Earth Systems Limited
Registration Number: 1682761
Address: Suites 01-03, 16th Floor, Kinwick Centre, 32 Hollywood Road, Central Hong Kong
E-mail: hk@greenearthsystems.com.au

thanks for clearing the fud, so many people are just mad they sold at the wrong time, poor miners trying to cover there hydro dumping losing there mind watching it raise to the 300$ per metric tonne it will be worth when all is said and done.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:52:43 AM

In term of price, it definitely will not reach 0.5 BTC per 1 URO because in crypto industry they are too many whale and dumper which have their own agenda in it. If it going to reach 0.5 BTC than the market really cannot sustain itself or unless BTC break $6000 per BTC.

I disagree, when the real value is proven and the first shipment made it will realize its market price fast. The kind of people buying into this coin are not kiddy dumpers who just want to make a few bucks for beer money. This will bring the REAL whales in (those with hundreds of thousands or millions to play with) who day trade Bitcoin and know what something is worth, this will be a great trade hedge against BTC being close in value. Also you do have big money guys like Peter Schiff who are skeptical of Bitcoin but love the technology and wish it were backed on a real-world asset like gold. This will bring in a whole new market of capital firms who may be fearful of Bitcoin but could buy into the idea of blockchain based "digital commodities".

What happens when one of you bag holders decides to sell a couple thousand coins?

Well this is like saying what happens when someone decides to sell a few thousand Bitcoins. Most people with this kind of wealth don't just dump everything at once, they use it to play with, hold their wealth and trickle out into fiat slowly. Also in crypto world when people see whales dumping they assume it is panic based on the assumption this coin has problems or is not worth something and they are reacting quickly to recover their wealth from a major problem (Like Darkcoin's fork problems for instance). This is different because it is backed by a tangible asset, someone who dumps way below the tangible asset's worth is not only an idiot but people will quickly buy up his dumps to make huge profit. Remember Bitcoin's flash crash a few weeks ago? The only thing that did was make a few lucky SOB's with low buy orders very rich.
true-asset (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 01:27:55 AM

Uro in the Press

CoinDesk: http://www.coindesk.com/things-alt-dogecoin-wedding-ire-isracoin-crypto-commodities-go-wild/

CryptoArticles: http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/uro-a-real-long-term-cryptocurrency-backed-by-urea-fertilizer

X-Labs: http://www.xlabstudio.com/analysis.html

CoinSource: http://www.coinssource.com/crypto-coins/uro/

Uro: A Real Long Term Currency, 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer[/url]
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 02:55:03 AM

I take issue with coin source's review of URO particularly these

due to two major reasons: 1) It is an industry-specific coin,

How is this negative? It's not even a coin so much as a digital proof of ownership. It only needs to do 1 thing and do it well unlike alot of these half-baked anon coins that are fly by night and don't actually work.

2) The backers of Uro remains undisclosed.

This is another lie, it's been made public for weeks Green Earth Systems is a primary backer along with the 3 other companies and the dev is not anonymous.

Uro’s involvement was virtually non-existent for the month of May and June,

What does this even mean? "Non-existent"? Involved with what?

it obtained a poor community backing.

This is another silly reasoning for why the coin is poor in their book. This is not dogecoin where its worth is based on a meme and a fanclub, it's a financial instrument. Do all the currencies on Forex have a "community" cheerleading them on? No, it's strictly business. I wonder how big the "communities" for iron ore, zinc or soy beans are, we know how sexy those all are...
Truthful

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:10:30 AM

Looking through all the threads as requested to date no valid information being provided other than a bunch of websites and pictures that look set up to make it all seem official. I note every time someone asks a legitimate question or provides information that is seen as negative to the supporters the community or person is labelled as a FUD or some other term. it would be better if more specific information is provided. There seems to be lots of hidden facts about this coin and I think this community should keep asking questions. I'm sure that the leaders of the coin, namely Nilesh C Nair and GES need to make sure this community is informed. Agree with the post that poor farmers should not be ripped off for the sake of others. Please provide this community with information instead of fobbing us off with posts that scream at us because we are asking relevant questions. If any product is going to be successful then people don't scream at buyers or customers when they are asking questions.
true-asset (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 03:19:01 AM

Truthful: have your read these:

https://twitter.com/GESystemsgroup

http://greenearthsystems.com.au/ges-stands-behind-uro-alternative-payment-methods-for-urea/

http://128.199.204.45/UroProtocol.pdf

http://128.199.204.45/Uro%20Protocol%20GES%20Instrument%20of%20Ratification%20June%202014%20JPG90.jpg

http://128.199.204.45/Uro%20Protocol%20Crown%20Team%20Instrument%20of%20Ratification%20June%202014%20JPG90.jpg

Also Truthful: since you are insistent I will now answer your questions even though its is just repeating previous answers.

Please ask the questions in a list 1, 2, 3, etc... and I will answer each one.

bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:22:26 AM

yo Dev.. is that u in the red shirt in that pic ?
1 1 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 1

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:30:17 AM

Looking through all the threads as requested to date no valid information being provided other than a bunch of websites and pictures that look set up to make it all seem official. I note every time someone asks a legitimate question or provides information that is seen as negative to the supporters the community or person is labelled as a FUD or some other term. it would be better if more specific information is provided. There seems to be lots of hidden facts about this coin and I think this community should keep asking questions. I'm sure that the leaders of the coin, namely Nilesh C Nair and GES need to make sure this community is informed. Agree with the post that poor farmers should not be ripped off for the sake of others. Please provide this community with information instead of fobbing us off with posts that scream at us because we are asking relevant questions. If any product is going to be successful then people don't scream at buyers or customers when they are asking questions.

You've been asking the same questions over and over again even when the answers are given to you.  If you don't like the answers get lost and don't invest in the coin.  No one will miss you.  I suggest everyone hit the ignore button like I am now on Truthful comments.  He's too slow and thick to have any common sense.  He's only here to FUD while claiming he's just asking questions.  The same questions he keeps asking over and over and over again mind you.
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:33:10 AM

coin source's author tk808 just completed a followup interview with true asset in the irc channel #uro.  the review by coin cource will be updated with what tk808 got out of this interview.

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
AlfaONE

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:46:03 AM

Most people of the Bittrex  have very little experience in trading.
So it is easy to take advantage of this.  Write a neg. comment on the forum "in red" and everyone starts to sell.
That's when these guys buy in.
The "red" comment is proven not to be true in a day, URO goes up.
That's when these guys sell.

Process is repeated. Only benefits the 1 person, not anyone else.

From now if you have any news to share. DO THAT, share the news that you have.  Show how we are getting screwed by the Dev. and prove the your case.
Not just BS.   The URO community will not stand for it. 

URO = long term growth

"Together we stand for a fairness and truth"
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:47:55 AM

Hell we are actually LUCKY there is a vast trove of information proving GES is a legitimate company online, alot of real world companies around the world are really nothing more than an address and a phone number, at the end of the day we have to remember this is a very cut and dry industry, most of these websites are not even made for customers but investors just to have a basic web presence.

Truthful seems to be fudding GES looks like a low paid Indian contractor made it, well you know what, most likely one did. What do you expect, a commodity company to have a multi-million dollar Apple-esque clean website with Swiss design, this isn't Fossil.com selling you watches kids.  It's fertilizer. But it's what makes the world go around.
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:54:36 AM

I'll keep an eye on this coin...
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: