Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:45:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you like the new Uro logo?
Yes - 69 (54.3%)
No - 33 (26%)
I like the new and old ones equally - 8 (6.3%)
Undecided - 17 (13.4%)
Total Voters: 127

Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][URO] A Real Long Term Currency: 1 Uro = 1 Metric Tonne Urea Fertilizer  (Read 247320 times)
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:41:58 PM

Coins Source is throwing a Yellow flag on Uro until more transparency is known.

Our review of Uro: http://www.coinssource.com/crypto-coins/uro/

Notify us if there is anything that we've may have overlooked.

Yellow flag?!?!?!?!?!?

These indicators show the REDDEST flags ever!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=600639.msg7691359#msg7691359

what price did you sell your uro ? and at what price do you stop fudding ?
Or how much are they paying you ?

just wondering Cheesy

Didn't buy any. I'm building my rep as a scam exposer so that my research won't be a waste. So far, I called Wavecoin.

Because the dev has disappeared, it only makes sense to start a new thread as a community takeover and continually leave messages here with the link to the community takeover thread.

Get the fixed wallet link up in the new OP.
Contact the exchanges, pools, block explorers, calculators and let them know.

Next coins to finally be exposed: Razorcoin and Urocoin...

REGARDING....

For those who r new..please read the blog on the website.
All the important posts n questions r answered there.

And the twitter I was talking about to place an order for 1 full ship load. U can check this https://twitter.com/CryptoCourtney/status/483361952744628224

If this order is fulfilled..we will know for real...so fuddsters please refrain until then. Thanks

I want to be wrong....really

Didnt buy any STFU STFU STFU STFU! /endrant
userignored

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:36:46 PM

I don't care what someone with a newbie account with a few posts, all from this thread, has to say.
I think it's preposterous to think that in a few days the price of 1 uro could be anywhere near $300, and that it would stabilize at this price.

Assuming it magically became $300/coin, what happens when people want to cash out to become milloinaires? how will the price stay around $300? why would a seller of urea accept a such a volatile currency, that was bought far cheaper than what his urea is worth? and if this was really for real, why on earth are so many coins being sold well below .001 lately?Huh

Sorry, but this whole idea is absurd, anyone who actually believes in it needs a slap in the face or some ice water dumped on his head, maybe both.
sketchy

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:49:39 PM

Don't let reason get in the way.
The community has decided that it's real, therefore it's real.
CryptoSteam

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:50:48 PM

It will stay stable if you are able to buy 1 metric ton of urea for 1 uro, just like its' done in FIAT/COMMODITY markets. Those who invest early are the winners. Instead of crying, buy some now. It's still early. Even at .007 current price, you will still profit 60X when it reaches UREA prices.
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:55:26 PM

I don't care what someone with a newbie account with a few posts, all from this thread, has to say.
I think it's preposterous to think that in a few days the price of 1 uro could be anywhere near $300, and that it would stabilize at this price.

Assuming it magically became $300/coin, what happens when people want to cash out to become milloinaires? how will the price stay around $300? why would a seller of urea accept a such a volatile currency, that was bought far cheaper than what his urea is worth? and if this was really for real, why on earth are so many coins being sold well below .001 lately?Huh

Sorry, but this whole idea is absurd, anyone who actually believes in it needs a slap in the face or some ice water dumped on his head, maybe both.

maybe someone buys it because they need fertilizer bro.... and so lets say the price DOES hit 300 ? .. and so large scale farmers still want 1 Ton fertilizer... well hey they can buy some crypto or convert some already existing crypto assets and get their Nitrogens for their crops. 

So why when the price is 300 (let say) - would anyone want to buy the Uro to get the fertilizer ?  Same reasons why someone would want to use bitcoin over credit / debit.. most likely,  and there are abut 100 of those reasons.

FoeRest

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:57:30 PM

lol hes mad he sold his coins thinking it was a scam listening to fud, keep feeding my farm free fertilizer my friends Smiley
chesthing
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:57:50 PM

It will stay stable if you are able to buy 1 metric ton of urea for 1 uro, just like its' done in FIAT/COMMODITY markets. Those who invest early are the winners. Instead of crying, buy some now. It's still early. Even at .007 current price, you will still profit 60X when it reaches UREA prices.

Seriously, you sound like a brain washed zombie. Ever seen the Manchurian candidate?
replace:
"Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life."

with:
"1 Uro coin will soon reach the price of 1 ton Urea."

Tell you what, if this coin that can't even pass .008 that is supposed to be worth .5 within a week passes .01 I'll think about it.
CryptoSteam

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:00:30 PM

blah blah blah

Talk all you want but you are wasting your breath. It's still going higher. Buy while it's still low.
davisgreen

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:05:11 PM

maybe someone buys it because they need fertilizer bro.... and so lets say the price DOES hit 300 ? .. and so large scale farmers still want 1 Ton fertilizer... well hey they can buy some crypto or convert some already existing crypto assets and get their Nitrogens for their crops.  

So why when the price is 300 (let say) - would anyone want to buy the Uro to get the fertilizer ?  Same reasons why someone would want to use bitcoin over credit / debit.. most likely,  and there are abut 100 of those reasons.

Another reason is that its a futures market- its all been discussed and answered in length here- right now Urea prices are also volatile and to get the best deal you need to have contacts. So if one farmer has 1 uro today- he doesn't have to worry if he will get urea next season or not (urea has short shelf life- so no u cant buy urea now and store it for next season)- and if yes at what price. as 1 uro is tied to 1 metric ton of urea- he can sleep in peace knowing that he has his fertilizer for next season safe ( in a uro certificate- paper wallet basically)

http://urofoundation.wordpress.com/2014/06/13/uro-can-be-used-by-farmers-without-understanding-how-cryptocurrency-works/

▄▀▀▀▄
             █     █
▄█▀▀▄▄       █     █       ▄▄▀▀█▄
█     ▀▄▄    █     █    ▄▄▀     █
 █▄      ▀▄▄ █     █ ▄▄▀      ▄█
   ▀▄       ▀█▄   ▄█▀       ▄▀
     ▀▀▄     █ ▀▄▀ █     ▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄  █▄▀ ▀▄█  ▄▀▀
           ███     ███
        ▄▄▀  █▀▄ ▄▀█  ▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀     █ ▄▀▄ █     ▀▄▄
   ▄▀       ▄█▀   ▀█▄       ▀▄
 █▀      ▄▀▀ █     █ ▀▀▄      ▀█
█     ▄▀▀    █     █    ▀▀▄     █
▀█▄▄▀▀       █     █       ▀▀▄▄█▀
             █     █
              ▀▄▄▄▀

▄████████████▄▄████████████████████▄██▄███████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████████████▄██████████████████▀████▄████████████████
████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀████▄████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▀███████████████
▀████████████▀▀███▀███████████████████████████▀█████████████
chesthing
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:08:18 PM

Someone just explain this:

Let's assume 1 uro becomes worth 1 ton of Urea, $300. What happens when one of you bag holders decides to sell a couple thousand coins? you are telling me the price of Urea will crash just because a Uro holder cashed out?
I'm fighting common sense here, help me out.
davisgreen

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:11:58 PM

Let's assume 1 uro becomes worth 1 ton of Urea, $300. What happens when one of you bag holders decides to sell a couple thousand coins? you are telling me the price of Urea will crash just because a Uro holder cashed out?

Uro protocal says that uro is tied to 1 mt of urea( dont assume- it will come into play on 9th july for next 10 years for any1 who signs the uro protocal.) there is no co-relation with its price on any exchange. if some one cash out on an exchange and the price slumps- then some one will get cheap fertilizers for their farms-as they bought cheap uro and they still will get 1 mt of urea for 1 uro- as 1 uro=1mt of urea

▄▀▀▀▄
             █     █
     ▀▀▄     █ ▀▄▀ █     ▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄  █▄▀ ▀▄█  ▄▀▀
           ███     ███
        ▄▄▀  █▀▄ ▄▀█  ▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀     █ ▄▀▄ █     ▀▄▄
             █     █
              ▀▄▄▄▀

CryptoSteam

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:12:37 PM

Uro ratification says that uro is tied to 1 mt of urea. there is no co-relation with its price on any exchange. if some one cash out on an exchange and the price slumps- then some one will get cheap fertilizers for their farms-as they bought cheap uro and they still will get 1 mt of urea for 1 uro- as 1 uro=1mt of urea

You said it perfectly. Took words right out of my mouth.

And those bagholders who sell, people will buy it right back.
chesthing
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:19:40 PM

Uro ratification says that uro is tied to 1 mt of urea. there is no co-relation with its price on any exchange. if some one cash out on an exchange and the price slumps- then some one will get cheap fertilizers for their farms-as they bought cheap uro and they still will get 1 mt of urea for 1 uro- as 1 uro=1mt of urea

So that's the answer then, holders of Uro have the power to crash the price of Urea.
First off, sellers of Urea don't pay the bills with crypto currency, they pay it with fiat. When the price of Uro crashes on the exchange, that means when they cash out they will get much less than the cost of production.
Secondly, a buyer of Urea could buy a whole bunch of Uro coin right now and get cheap urea, so why aren't they doing it?

I'm not fudding, I'm debating - these are some very basic and huge flaws in this concept, looking forward to reasonable answers.
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:21:57 PM

So that's the answer then, holders of Uro have the power to crash the price of Urea.
First off, sellers of Urea don't pay the bills with crypto currency, they pay it with fiat. When the price of Uro crashes on the exchange, that means when they cash out they will get much less than the cost of production.
Secondly, a buyer of Urea could buy a whole bunch of Uro coin right now and get cheap urea, so why aren't they doing it?

I'm not fudding, I'm debating - these are some very basic and huge flaws in this concept, looking forward to reasonable answers.

no we have the power to crash URO.. urea will always be worth what urea is worth.. if someone wants to cash out their URO someone else will just get a discount on their urea next time they spend the uro they got cheaper than normal

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
CryptoSteam

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:24:19 PM

Most buyers of UREA most likely haven't heard about URO just yet- or they are already buying URO now at low prices. Who knows?
davisgreen

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:24:43 PM

The sellers of urea dont have to cash out on an exchange- they can directly sell uro certificate to the farmers or distributors or who ever.

Mr. Chastings- please dont look forwards, instead look backwards to all the pages or best on the website blog- all this has been clearly asked and answered - and I or any1 else wont be telling every new person who comes here the same answers which has been thoroughtly debated before in the forum and highlights put on the website. Please take your time and go through all of it- and i promise at the end of it, you wont have all these basic questions (or better all of your basic questions that you are asking will get answered by reading through it)

http://urofoundation.wordpress.com/

Thanks for dropping by- and best of luck

▄▀▀▀▄
             █     █
     ▀▀▄     █ ▀▄▀ █     ▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄  █▄▀ ▀▄█  ▄▀▀
           ███     ███
        ▄▄▀  █▀▄ ▄▀█  ▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀     █ ▄▀▄ █     ▀▄▄
             █     █
              ▀▄▄▄▀

danonthehill

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:25:25 PM

This is an experiment.  Maybe it will work, maybe it won't; I don't see any reason to express certainty either way, but it seems consistent with the disruptive ethos of Bitcoin and crypto-currencies in general that we should hope that it does succeed and make a difference.  

If you don't think it will work, perhaps you could make suggestions on how it could be improved, or are you saying that asset backed crypto-currencies will never be successful?
chesthing
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:31:23 PM

This is an experiment.  Maybe it will work, maybe it won't; I don't see any reason to express certainty either way, but it seems consistent with the disruptive ethos of Bitcoin and crypto-currencies in general that we should hope that it does succeed and make a difference.  

If you don't think it will work, perhaps you could make suggestions on how it could be improved, or are you saying that asset backed crypto-currencies will never be successful?

I find major logic flaws here, and to be frank if this was for real the price would not be 1/60th of expected inside of a week, it would be much much higher. This coin reeks bad, sorry to say. If I miss out on the deal of a lifetime it won't be the first time, I sold thousands of XC bought at 4k sat at 20k sat, still not over that one. The good news is I'm sure there are plenty more big ones to come in crypto, ones that aren't so stinky. Do I wish I had bought Uro a week or more ago? oh, yeah.
Mesterlovesz74

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:33:35 PM

Asset backed cryptos are the future! But you should choose the asset carefully! Backing up Uro with Urea is a great idea! Backing up a crypto with asset that have a lose value is pointless.
Crypto is not tangible but people like tangible wealth! So backing up a crypto with a tangible asset is a winner in long term.

GoldReserve Donation Acc: BTC: 16g8LVMpKAREXXQNRTUkxDNCoBykouTFZ9
GoldReserve Donation Acc: XGR: GftR1m2Gh8RPsNbQBZZ2xYHbWa7ps2dp8e
Mesterlovesz74

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:38:14 PM

I find major logic flaws here, and to be frank if this was for real the price would not be 1/60th of expected inside of a week, it would be much much higher. This coin reeks bad, sorry to say. If I miss out on the deal of a lifetime it won't be the first time, I sold thousands of XC bought at 4k sat at 20k sat, still not over that one. The good news is I'm sure there are plenty more big ones to come in crypto, ones that aren't so stinky. Do I wish I had bought Uro a week or more ago? oh, yeah.

Well, who knows whats coming? If you do not belive in Uro, but you do not want to miss an opportunity then buy 1 or 2 Uro, put it in your wallet, forget it. If it will reach 300 Usd then you will have 1 BTC, then you win, if not, well you loose only a part of your money.

GoldReserve Donation Acc: BTC: 16g8LVMpKAREXXQNRTUkxDNCoBykouTFZ9
GoldReserve Donation Acc: XGR: GftR1m2Gh8RPsNbQBZZ2xYHbWa7ps2dp8e
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: