Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:54:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 [771] 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 06:08:22 AM

Kasman.  It's a no lose situation.  If our coin doesn't appreciate in value massively from this then we own him nothing and all coins are returned to the senders.  You only sell the coins to him once he's proven to provide real value and price appreciation to Vericoin shareholders in which case you are already up hundreds of percents in profit.

How long do we wait till we know if its successful?  What is the price that is considered successful?   Everyone says to give which I don't mind but details are sparse to say the least.
Successful is atleast a 5X move to .0005 with the next level being .001, a 10X move.  Effects will refund all escrow funds if the deal does not complete or if we never make it that high.  In both situations you either get your money back or enjoy the 500% gains!  The only losing move is to refuse to donate as much as you can and cause us to lose the deal.  Here is the address and you can see how much the community has come together for this in an amazingly short amount of time!  :-p
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/vrc/address.dws?VECuyuNjLDh437hJfABSxV1817D982S4H6.htm

Ok buts what the time table before its considered a success or failure?? a day a week a month you get my point?  I don't mind giving if the devs are behind it but I need to know some time tables before I give a nice portion.
As long as the community keeps chipping in, it will succeed
I am seeing an instant transformation in mood here.
It is fantastic.
to da moon Smiley

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 06:10:01 AM

We've had no developments for weeks, no updates, lots of over hyping. I'm sick of it. Now some pumper wants to pump the coin everyone is getting giddy.

This has no basis.
Jl777 is no pumper or what you are describing.
If you see no chance for vericoin why are here and didnt sold your coins alread?

You are sick of vericoin because you are a bagholder now someone comes to help you get rid of that bag and you hate him for it.
You thinking is flawed.

Trusting the devs with the escrow doesn't appeal to me. The fact this James fella is anon is also a deal breaker. If he was serious about this thing he would be putting his identitiy out there for people to judge. It has got scam written all over this thing.
its a no lose situation ...

No it is a lose situation. We are putting our money under the watch of three devs who so far have shown nothing but naivety. What's to say that the community all agrees the supernet was a fail but the devs overrule us all and give him the funds. Tell me how that situation is no lose...

Up until now i see 3 people you included that are against it. Everyone else so far i met was positive about it.
On the other side i see nearly 400 k in the escrow wallet

Of course I'm a bagholder like 95% of the people here.

My thinking isn't flawed I'm just a realist. This not revolutionary like people are saying. This dev wants to ICO before he even has any code out there. And even worse he's anon. At least with Ethereum there is people willing to sacrifice their professional profile for the  cause. Also don't put words n my mouth by saying I hate this guy. I don't, I just want transparency and a deeper explanation as to what he is trying to achieve with supernet.  

Most of the code is done. Mgw runs for quite a time now. Instantdex and teleport is nearly finished. Just privatebet will take a bit. Also the code and every new code is updated at github to look over - james is actively supporting the check of his work.

Can you link me the github please.

I just don't like the nature of this project. He seems a clever Dev but c'mon the anon part is worrying.

https://github.com/jl777/libjl777

prepare for 40+k lines of code Tongue
this only has about 20K lines of mine, the other half are still not ported into the lib, but this is no big work

Xosihc

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

Hello

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 06:10:47 AM

I posted:

###
Some of you might have noticed I am helping out VRC. A month ago one of their investors approached me to help them and after the whole mintpal thing they were in a horrible lose/lose situation. I felt I should do something to help them. So I offered to make some unique tech for them next year after I am done with the current batch of projects, so probably starting next Jan/Feb I would be actively developing a VRC thing. I will also be offering advices to help them improve the VRC and they will probably be using the reskinned GUI.

Now, before all of you start complaining that I shouldnt be doing any coding for any other coin, I remind you about the spirit of UNITY. If we do not help others when they are in need, then how are we different than the fiat peoples? The mean cruel dog eat dog world where the system is setup so you can barely survive and then if you break any single silly rule, you are homeless.

Now VRC world is really quite the opposite from the BTCD, their devs are publicly known and they are interfacing to the fiat world. This means the SuperNET would have some real world presence and this is something that I cannot personally do. My involvement does not guarantee inclusion in the SuperNET and VRC will need to pass the tech eval like any other coin. I do feel optimistic about my chances to get accepted though.

The VRC community is still not decided if they actually want to do this, and there are some few guys there who are convinced I am some scammer or pump and dumper. So, maybe this wont happen at all, or maybe it would. The word of my discussions seems to have boosted the price 60% already and VRC wont do a BBR so please calm.

This is a long term personal project, the VRC community is still deciding and acceptance to SuperNET is not yet. I would expect that the long term downtrend is reversed and within a month it could get back to ATH. Just wanted to give heads up and let you decide. This one is different than the others.
###

I toned it down to prevent any pumping, but I cannot control what the people will do.

James

Personally I am excited! As somebody who supports your help the only thing I can say to your "the VRC community is still not decided" is to say it only appears to be within the last 24 hours there has been real action to raise the funds. I believe we are at something like 430,000 vericoin as of now - which in a 24 hour period is pretty awesome.

Also keep in mind regardless of what actions you do/don't do - there will always be 5-10% of people who will just argue for the sake of arguing. I think the general rule of thumb is: you'll always have 10% of people on your side, you'll always have 10% of people against you. The important part is what happens with those 80% in the middle Smiley

Cheers! Glad to see you are on board to support vericoin Wink
MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 06:11:20 AM

Kasman.  It's a no lose situation.  If our coin doesn't appreciate in value massively from this then we own him nothing and all coins are returned to the senders.  You only sell the coins to him once he's proven to provide real value and price appreciation to Vericoin shareholders in which case you are already up hundreds of percents in profit.

How long do we wait till we know if its successful?  What is the price that is considered successful?   Everyone says to give which I don't mind but details are sparse to say the least.
Successful is atleast a 5X move to .0005 with the next level being .001, a 10X move.  Effects will refund all escrow funds if the deal does not complete or if we never make it that high.  In both situations you either get your money back or enjoy the 500% gains!  The only losing move is to refuse to donate as much as you can and cause us to lose the deal.  Here is the address and you can see how much the community has come together for this in an amazingly short amount of time!  :-p
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/vrc/address.dws?VECuyuNjLDh437hJfABSxV1817D982S4H6.htm

Ok buts what the time table before its considered a success or failure?? a day a week a month you get my point?  I don't mind giving if the devs are behind it but I need to know some time tables before I give a nice portion.
It is fantastic.
to da moon Smiley

No thanks to you James,

Thanks for scaring the trolls away Cool
warr1979

Activity: 564

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 06:13:37 AM

I posted:

###
Some of you might have noticed I am helping out VRC. A month ago one of their investors approached me to help them and after the whole mintpal thing they were in a horrible lose/lose situation. I felt I should do something to help them. So I offered to make some unique tech for them next year after I am done with the current batch of projects, so probably starting next Jan/Feb I would be actively developing a VRC thing. I will also be offering advices to help them improve the VRC and they will probably be using the reskinned GUI.

Now, before all of you start complaining that I shouldnt be doing any coding for any other coin, I remind you about the spirit of UNITY. If we do not help others when they are in need, then how are we different than the fiat peoples? The mean cruel dog eat dog world where the system is setup so you can barely survive and then if you break any single silly rule, you are homeless.

Now VRC world is really quite the opposite from the BTCD, their devs are publicly known and they are interfacing to the fiat world. This means the SuperNET would have some real world presence and this is something that I cannot personally do. My involvement does not guarantee inclusion in the SuperNET and VRC will need to pass the tech eval like any other coin. I do feel optimistic about my chances to get accepted though.

The VRC community is still not decided if they actually want to do this, and there are some few guys there who are convinced I am some scammer or pump and dumper. So, maybe this wont happen at all, or maybe it would. The word of my discussions seems to have boosted the price 60% already and VRC wont do a BBR so please calm.

This is a long term personal project, the VRC community is still deciding and acceptance to SuperNET is not yet. I would expect that the long term downtrend is reversed and within a month it could get back to ATH. Just wanted to give heads up and let you decide. This one is different than the others.
###

I toned it down to prevent any pumping, but I cannot control what the people will do.

James

Hey James Im new to Crypto for the most part been in VRC since mid May.  Im not to to familiar from SuperNET is there any where you can easily show me why its important I know its like Block Chain 2.0.  Also I know your going to be working on a reward system price goes up to certain levels you get paid.  My question is what is the time table.  You can't control price but is this a 6 month time table if its not at levels people get their coin back?  Also if I recall (You know how this threads get) that you said you would pull support because of the trolls.  Trust some of these Trolls write books but you gotta know its not a reflection of the whole community man its just a few idiots.  I know you have talked to the developers and their in it for the long.  I don't mind helping out you do deserve payment if you can help get this coin to new levels I just would love some more clarification.  You know how crypto is I've become VERY skeptical with everything in crypto.  Just remember as you said there are FEW not the majority.  People have their own agendas hope everything works out for the best for EVERYONE.  I'm ready to throw in just want to know what I'm throwing into!  
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 06:17:39 AM

It seems to me that the debate is really over. The devs are behind this idea and the fund indicates that enough active VRC holders support it too.  Smiley
There is a lot of information around about SuperNET and James so people should examine it and do their research on what is a complex idea. He certainly produces results. He does come across as an egotistical psycopath but then so do all the most successful people on Wall St. and James appears to have a bank balance to support his ego. He is determined to remain anonymous. It's not up for debate. I guess he takes no prisoners.
Everything is a gamble in crypto. The writing on the wall seems to be that collaboration, merging and integration is the way forward. VRC could become the shop window to digital currencies with visible devs and ease of access. VeriBank, ATMs, credit and debit cards, gateway into and out of digital. VeriBridge whatever. I think individual coins have to find their key niche market, keep focus and be the best there is in that space. Competition is about to get serious.
VRC got badly damaged recently. TBH not looking very good but devs have been in stealth mode for a while and ninja might be on it's way, or not. That's the benefit and drawback of ninja.
So, this SuperNET could be a complete scam and VRC would have to be the fall guy or it could be a touch of genius and the way to go. I challenge anyone to be certain either way. Place your bets. I'll give it a go but I'm small fry with not a lot to lose. Good luck to everyone.
ps. I hope the God of Smote screws the guys that screwed VRC on MP in the first place.  Angry
I have had threats made against me and I stay anon to protect my family. I am definitely crazy, everybody tells me so and sanity is a relative thing, so I must accept this diagnosis.

The ~3000 BTC raised for SuperNET so far will give me a whopping 30 BTC under my control. Since I would be putting in 300 BTC, this means I actually lose access to 270 BTC. So unless I was a stupid scammer, this is not a good arrangement is it?

I am caretaker for the investors money, to decide how it can be made to grow. For this I need to have influence over how it is spent. I do not need, nor do I want, access to the funds. I am told money is dirty and I dont want to get dirty Smiley

Now, unexpectedly the first day is raising almost 20 million NXT (1600 BTC!) and this is in an account that I control. So I am actively seeking out NXT community people to be the escrow for this 20 million and growing amount.

I turned 2 BTC into $2 million in 10 months from grants, bounties, investments and assets. I have no need for more, but I dont know if I should just work for free, maybe I will, but my wife she keeps wanting all these expensive shoes.

So, I do need to make money to keep her happy, but for me I am needing money only for making the investments, funding the tech, helping other people make their fortunes in crypto. This will be notice by fiat peoples and the smart ones move to crypto world. fiat brain drain!

James

ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 06:19:08 AM

It is fantastic.
to da moon Smiley
man every post from you lights that fire back into me... i can't express the appreciation!  

thank you!

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
creamynebula

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 06:21:58 AM

So, what's a supernet? It's hard to follow news on such a big thread.
Reavon

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 06:25:02 AM

all German vericoin holder and interested are welcome to follow @vericoingermany on twitter, for translated announcements and local organisation.

Ich lade alle Deutschen vericoin eigentümer und interessierte dazu ein @vericoingermany zufolgen auf twitter , der channel dient zur übersetzung von Ankündigen seitens der Entwickler und für die lokale Organisation der deutschen Vericoin Gemeinschaft.

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
aragoon

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 06:31:46 AM

Grin OK I've a bottle of Jack Daniels on standby.
If this turns out to be a scam, I'll apply JD and roll around laughing at the sheer cajones of the guy!
If it's a winner, I'll apply JD and roll around laughing at the sheer good fortune of getting in early.
Still need just short of 70k VER in the fund.  Grin Grin Grin
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 06:37:10 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 06:56:54 AM by Xosihc

To jl777,

Quick question. From my understanding we need to raise 500,000 vericoin to go into escrow to get your initial support/hand shake/we are doing the deal.

Is there a second round of investments the community needs to raise to have you continue to work on the project? I remember hearing different numbers this morning - anywhere from 500,000 total to 2,600,000.

Any explanation would be great. Thanks in advance for your time.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 06:37:40 AM

Here's a decent article from AltcoinHerald.com on SuperNet which makes it sound promising:

SuperNet Seeks To Unify The Warring Altcoin States

https://altcoinherald.com/supernet-seeks-unify-warring-altcoin-states/
cool!
I didnt know I had a "strong reputation in the Cryptocurrency 2.0 world"!

maybe I am not so crazy?

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 06:39:20 AM

Supernet?  Is this some last ditch effort to save another Alt that seems to have been abandoned.  

No, it's actually a pretty big deal. 700 BTC volume on the SuperNET ipo launched on BTER
3000 BTC now, the first hour was more than etherium's first hour
but there has been no marketing other than my ramblings on BTT, all text no graphics

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 06:41:15 AM

There's some big buying on Bittrex (try saying that three times really fast)

this is called the "jl777 effect" for some reason

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 06:45:22 AM

don't know but i think i will jump on VRC at 200K AND BEYOND

lol im kidding, let's get vrc to 500K
I dont want to sound harsh and optimism is great, but if you are focused on price, this is not so good.
focus on value
price will follow as long as you have good marketing
I seem to have some ability there, so VRC peoples, let us make VRC have as much value as possible and the price, it goes up and down.

sometimes it is higher than it should be, sometimes lower. In fact the price it is almost never actually the right value!

So, why pay so much attention to something that is wrong 99.99% of the time?

Let us pay attention to creating value. Once it is there, then I can flood it with traffic, but it must be good stuff!

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 06:46:11 AM

So, what's a supernet? It's hard to follow news on such a big thread.

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 06:54:49 AM

It is fantastic.
to da moon Smiley

No thanks to you James,

Thanks for scaring the trolls away Cool
I have learned to take some pleasure in destroying the troll's intellectual credibility, otherwise it is just annoying. Sometimes sr members would mindlessly troll, I warn them to not make me upset. They ignore it, then I am not held responsible for what happens. I am the, hyde and jeckyl. So I suggest to the trolls to make a sockpuppet account as all the time they spent to get whatever reputation to their handle is now linked to shall we stay a certain lack of mental faculties.

Now some guys they dont care. For them I post on my blog that I put them on ignore, this is the equivalent of shun, so if everybody puts on ignore these persistent trolls, they have no effect. I also put them in my SuperNET OP in the list of trolls. So if any srmember wants to be featured in the list of the most stupid and annoying, they are welcome.

Since I guess I will be here frequently, you might want to post a troll warning in the OP, just to be fair.

trolls are more than annoying. in yesterdays IRC we spent 1 hour with that horrible buy4crypto troll who just wouldnt stop. I would have just stopped all my VRC involvement if the moderator didnt make him stop. so the troll removal is critical for a community. Once they realize they have no effect, they usually go away. Another 5 minutes of trolling and he would have suceeded in protecting VRC from me

James

Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 06:58:28 AM

To jl777,

Quick question. From my understanding we need to raise 500,000 vericoin to go into escrow to get your initial support/hand shake/we are doing the deal.

Is there a second round of investments the community needs to raise to have you continue to work on the project? I remember hearing different numbers this morning - anywhere from 500,000 total to 2,600,000.

Any explanation would be great. Thanks in advance for your time.

Hey, just wanted to throw this out there again. I'm still trying to fully understand this deal. It sounds like at this point you are on board to help out with your services but there is still obviously a deal in the works. If we raise the 500,000 tomorrow you are 100% locked and loaded? And if that is true, from that point on - is there a need for additional fund raising?
ELMER_FUD

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:11:50 AM

Here's a decent article from AltcoinHerald.com on SuperNet which makes it sound promising:

SuperNet Seeks To Unify The Warring Altcoin States

cool!
I didnt know I had a "strong reputation in the Cryptocurrency 2.0 world"!

maybe I am not so crazy?

You're not crazy.  You're just a mad genius.  There's a big difference.

Either way though, thank you!

VRC Tip Jar: VERiTAS2MPYM94kTwtni3GvnwdmWXqJsQf
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 07:14:09 AM

i don't want to bash vericoin but look like it's dead and can't no longer help
now they bring in this jl777 scammer to pump it
i feel so sorry for vericoin as it did make me some money

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
Pages: « 1 ... 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 [771] 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: