Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:55:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 [759] 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:39:48 AM

barrabas is confusing to me
sometimes he is talking sense
sometimes it is nonsense
does barrabas want to help the VRC
does barrabas want to hurt the VRC
the answer to this riddle is the key
the majority of this thread belongs to barrabas
if barrabas wants to help the VRC then VRC has hope
if barrabas doesnt want to help the barrabas then VRC needs to do something about barrabas to have hope

I dont know if barrabas is with or against VRC

You give me waaaay too much gravitas, totally undeserved and unrealistic. But, like I have stated many times already since it was first proposed, I am ALL for the deal... which, contrary to what you think is in fact the opposite of what you believe my vote will bring, as you are about to see by yourself.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ELMER_FUD

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:46:39 AM

Hello, I am visiting here and it makes me a bit sad what has happened to VRC and the community.
I was approached by drkman about a month ago to help VRC. We came up with a plan that I guess is known here as dev4

Since the basic structure is different than the current SuperNET, this creates some issues, but I did agree to it upon some conditions being met, so if these conditions are met, I will honor the agreement that I made.

Before you all get too excited, I have to be honest and say I am not very hopeful that this community can come together and stop all this nonsense bickering. I find it painful, absolutely painful to be reading all the garbage I see here. And if I cant visit someone's home, then I very well cant help them can I?

So, the first step is to immediately stop all negative talk. Opinions are not so important, facts are. If you have an opionion based on fact, post the fact and follow it with your interpretation. You know, pretend you are a scientist and not a scientologist. [plz no flames from the dianetics peoples, I just use that to make a point cuz of the similarities in spelling but drastic difference in what it means]

I will monitor this thread and if I keep seeing it full of garbage, then there will be no deal.

The other condition is that the community needs to get 10% of VRC in an option fund. When the VRC price goes to 0.0005 and stays above that for a full day on coinmarketcap, I will buy half the option fund at a price of 0.0001 BTC. When the VRC price goes to 0.001 BTC, I will buy the rest at the price of 0.0001 BTC. This is right at current market price and a bit above the recent prices, so what this means is that it will be like you sold it now, but only if I am able to help VRC to 5x and 10x

I am sort of busy, so I give the community some few days to get its act together and put an option fund together. 100% of the staking from this fund will go into a community donation address managed by community representatives.

The sooner this is coming together and the more smoothly, the greater my chance of finding it worth my time to get involved with VRC. I was sad to hear of the Mintpal incident which put VRC in a lose/lose situation and I do want to help, but only if the community can do a 180 degree turn in attitude and come together to put together the option fund.

Now due to the delays in getting this deal agreed to, I am forced to change some details of the agreement. Originally I was going to create some original new tech for VRC, but with the SuperNET structure, this wont be fair to the other coins. That being said, I am having ideas on how to maximize the value of VRC within the SuperNET and as long as the VRC devs are following my advices, then there is a good chance for some very good results.

James

P.S. Now, next year I will have some time available and if you are making some big bounty separate from the above, then maybe I could make some decentralized USD pegged solution for VRC. Basically a bitUSD that is actually using a decentralized system instead of holographic peg without any actual basis. This is what the dev4 deal would have gotten, so I will provide that as an option.

I wouldn't go so far as to classify a few dozen contributers in this troll-infested hornets nest of a thread as the VeriCoin "community."  If you want to get a better idea of how real VRC community members act then I suggest perusing people's VRC and VeriCoin hashtagged feeds on Twitter because this place has basically become co-opted by a small handful of ill-intentioned malefactors who seem to have made it their top priority to stir the sh*t as much as humanly possibly while the members of the other venues that I've seen (such as Twitter) are much milder mannered and/or to a larger degree, more civilized.

The three VRC devs havent exactly been very respectful to me.
I am only extending a formal offer due to the professionalism of drkman
I have no time to be working with people who dont want to work with me

I can't speak for them but I can guess that maybe they just feel like you're asking a lot for something which they think that they can accomplish on their own as far as the price and the market reach goes.  I don't know.  That's just my guess.  Personally, when I heard that they were considering taking on an additional dev I thought that it was just to speed up the implementation of all the unfinished projects in the Vericoin roadmap.  I really don't know anything about the superNET as this is the first time that I've heard anything about it so I'd have to do some due diligence in order to comment any further on it.

On another note, you might want to put yourself in their shoes for a minute and consider the fact that this entire project, however slow moving it might seem to some of us at times in this fast-paced world of the internet, is their baby so taking on an outsider might not be what they really had envisioned.  I've never even talked to any of them so I don't know what their personalities are like or how they've acted but if I was a programmer and it was my project I think that I might be slightly hesitant as well, especially in light of such large demands.

Anyway, all the best to you whether you come on board or not.  Thanks for the post and have a great weekend.

VRC Tip Jar: VERiTAS2MPYM94kTwtni3GvnwdmWXqJsQf
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 06:47:43 AM

James,

Thanks for coming on here and making your case, this makes things much easier to do, as we don't have to talk to people about something we can't really talk about.  We are very interested in being in the SuperNet and if the community can get together the funds for escrow that James requests, then that is enough of a vote for us to gladly move forward with adding his system to our system.  I urge you all to look at his previous work and James I appreciate your offer for VeriCoin, we are excited by the potential of your technological vision.

Thanks,
Doug
xtent

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:48:05 AM

Wow!  I guess the cat is out of the bag now.

To anyone who does not know what the value of SuperNET is to a coin, I'll point you to do a quick exchange lookup of BBR.  That was the first coin added to SuperNET a short while back.  BBR has went up over 1100% since it was added to the SuperNET just days ago.

If anyone else wants to understand the value of this please read the below thread as BTCD is the core that drives SuperNET.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=684090.0

Cat was out bro, prior to these post.
You just happened to not respond to my PM with legit answer.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 06:48:36 AM

sometimes it is nonsense
if barrabas doesnt want to help the barrabas then VRC needs to do something about barrabas to have hope

You give me waaaay too much gravitas, totally undeserved and unrealistic. But, like I have stated many times already since it was first proposed, I am ALL for the deal... which, contrary to what you think is in fact the opposite of what you believe my vote will bring, as you are about to see by yourself.
look at https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_bbr on the ALL timescale
and take a guess when I announced that it was possible BBR would be added to SuperNET

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
xtent

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:52:17 AM

James,

Thanks for coming on here and making your case, this makes things much easier to do, as we don't have to talk to people about something we can't really talk about.  We are very interested in being in the SuperNet and if the community can get together the funds for escrow that James requests, then that is enough of a vote for us to gladly move forward with adding his system to our system.  I urge you all to look at his previous work and James I appreciate your offer for VeriCoin, we are excited by the potential you mentioned.

Thanks,
Doug

I hope you are not added to the SuperNET, for one you guys are not very upfront with the userbase.
The super secret best thing ever announcement was shit to be honest, jl777 already had that in place prior and did not drag it out.
As much as I had hopes for this coin, this super backdoor secret shit is just bad for the business overall.

So please continue with the "we don't have to talk to people about something we can't talk really talk about".  Take a chapter from BTCD and see how no upfront and no backdoor deals go for a coin.
ELMER_FUD

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:55:05 AM

sometimes it is nonsense

I think he's here to disrupt this thread and to disillusion potential investors.  I've been saying that for the little bit of time that I've been posting in this thread.  He's like cryptocurrency COINTELPRO and he's here to neutralize VeriCoin as it's a threat to somebody, something, or perhaps even to some other coin.  A few people that I've talked to outside of this thread think that he's probably being paid to spread FUD here and I tend to believe that they could possibly be on to something.

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 06:56:45 AM

James,

Thanks for coming on here and making your case, this makes things much easier to do, as we don't have to talk to people about something we can't really talk about.  We are very interested in being in the SuperNet and if the community can get together the funds for escrow that James requests, then that is enough of a vote for us to gladly move forward with adding his system to our system.  I urge you all to look at his previous work and James I appreciate your offer for VeriCoin, we are excited by the potential of your technological vision.

Thanks,
Doug
I am sorry I was too busy to notice how bad things were getting and I feel bad that I probably was partly the cause.
I am glad you are supportive and I hope the community can decide. Either is fine, I honor my commitments, all of them but the not knowing is preventing me from other possibilities.

With the full support of the VRC core devs, then the probability of success goes up a lot. Even if I was a monkey the sheer mass of traffic from SuperNET and the "jl777 effect" would reverse the decay and put the mintpal event in the past. However, without solid follow through, it will be temporary and I am not after any pump. I HODL all the coins, I am sort of a collector and tinkerer, so I would keep coming up with ideas that are best suited for VRC to use as they have a distinct differentiator being public figures.

Maybe they can even be making speeches at all the fancy conferences about SuperNET and this sort of thing will give some amount of credibility to the devs, which is the foundation for a coin's value. I think once the market believes there is a coherent plan to differentiate VRC and build value unique to it, then the 100000+ user base that is awaiting such a feature will firmly establish the return to ATH and beyond. So, of course this is good for anybody with a large stake and HODL for years, like I do.

It seems most here are not even aware of SuperNET https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.0
I predict it will be the second largest crypto IPO ever.
I put this together in one week, including delay caused by the primary ICO host bailing out the day it was scheduled to go live

James

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:57:34 AM

sometimes it is nonsense

and take a guess when I announced that it was possible BBR would be added to SuperNET

James, once more, im on board with your deal since it wss first proposed. Now, more so. But, I'm afraid, it will not happen for reasons you have expressed yourself already. As you can see, Doug here talks and talks anf talks ...but says nothing, as usual. ALL he and the other 2 have to say is "I support this deal and I am putting 100k vericoin myself for it". It is my understanding Nosker has already agreed to front that amount himself... maybe he will cortoborate? That's all it would take, nothing more. Not whatever I may say.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 06:58:33 AM

James,

Thanks for coming on here and making your case, this makes things much easier to do, as we don't have to talk to people about something we can't really talk about.  We are very interested in being in the SuperNet and if the community can get together the funds for escrow that James requests, then that is enough of a vote for us to gladly move forward with adding his system to our system.  I urge you all to look at his previous work and James I appreciate your offer for VeriCoin, we are excited by the potential you mentioned.

Thanks,
Doug

I hope you are not added to the SuperNET, for one you guys are not very upfront with the userbase.
The super secret best thing ever announcement was shit to be honest, jl777 already had that in place prior and did not drag it out.
As much as I had hopes for this coin, this super backdoor secret shit is just bad for the business overall.

So please continue with the "we don't have to talk to people about something we can't talk really talk about".  Take a chapter from BTCD and see how no upfront and no backdoor deals go for a coin.
to be fair, it was my requirement for secrecy. I didnt want to create any pump since there were so many hurdles for any deal. It was a mistake on my part. So, any blame for the negative stuff from the secrecy is all me

James

ELMER_FUD

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:59:17 AM

James,

Thanks,
Doug

Nice!  So there you have it.   Grin

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 07:02:56 AM

sometimes it is nonsense

see it is like you are intentionally making every one hate you and then recommending to do the deal to influence people against it.
my theory is you have some agenda against VRC, maybe paid, but that doest make sense as VRC after rollback is no threat to anyone
so it has to be some sort of personal thing, where either one of the core devs or some big VRC holder did you wrong, at least in your mind and you are doing all this to get even.
I dont think you still have much VRC

so, what is your grievance. until this is solved it will keep going and I dont have time to waste on your personal issues when I am being responsible for my investors funds.
either come clean and then we can resolve things or I will have to ask all in the VRC community to put you on ignore and I really dont want to do that to somebody that is not a real troll.

James

ELMER_FUD

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:05:35 AM

James,

Thanks,
Doug
I am sorry I was too busy to notice how bad things were getting and I feel bad that I probably was partly the cause.
I am glad you are supportive and I hope the community can decide. Either is fine, I honor my commitments, all of them but the not knowing is preventing me from other possibilities.

With the full support of the VRC core devs, then the probability of success goes up a lot. Even if I was a monkey the sheer mass of traffic from SuperNET and the "jl777 effect" would reverse the decay and put the mintpal event in the past. However, without solid follow through, it will be temporary and I am not after any pump. I HODL all the coins, I am sort of a collector and tinkerer, so I would keep coming up with ideas that are best suited for VRC to use as they have a distinct differentiator being public figures.

Maybe they can even be making speeches at all the fancy conferences about SuperNET and this sort of thing will give some amount of credibility to the devs, which is the foundation for a coin's value. I think once the market believes there is a coherent plan to differentiate VRC and build value unique to it, then the 100000+ user base that is awaiting such a feature will firmly establish the return to ATH and beyond. So, of course this is good for anybody with a large stake and HODL for years, like I do.

It seems most here are not even aware of SuperNET https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.0
I predict it will be the second largest crypto IPO ever.
I put this together in one week, including delay caused by the primary ICO host bailing out the day it was scheduled to go live

James

I'll definitely have to spend some time researching superNET now that you brought it to my attention.  Thank you so much.  I'm greatly looking forward to learning about it and I hope that you and VeriCoin meet with great success.

xtent

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:08:09 AM

James,

Thanks,
Doug

to be fair, it was my requirement for secrecy. I didnt want to create any pump since there were so many hurdles for any deal. It was a mistake on my part. So, any blame for the negative stuff from the secrecy is all me

James

This is beyond the case of the mystery "dev4", if you look at their deal for the credit card, it was a train wreck, and of course not listening to their community about wizrig is surely not their brightest moment either.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 07:08:14 AM

sometimes it is nonsense

James, once more, im on board with your deal since it wss first proposed. Now, more so. But, I'm afraid, it will not happen for reasons you have expressed yourself already. As you can see, Doug here talks and talks anf talks ...but says nothing, as usual. ALL he and the other 2 have to say is "I support this deal and I am putting 100k vericoin myself for it". It is my understanding Nosker has already agreed to front that amount himself... maybe he will cortoborate? That's all it would take, nothing more. Not whatever I may say.
Actually, they have honored my request for secrecy
this shows integrity and honor
they are slow, but this comes from not wanting to make a mistake and I doubt they have any experience in deals like this as I think I am the only one who has ever done anything like this before and it was not publicized

so now it is in the open, we can create some sort of signup and if you can do some self-analysis to figure out what the personal issue against VRC is, then VRC community will be able to be healed

you are making some sense and this is the danger. If you are a loon, everybody can safely ignore you, but a lot of what you say makes some sense, then you say some crazy stuff.
very confusing and no new whale investor will invest.

Now I have a few dozen whales that I have helped them make several millions USD over the previous months. If I say VRC is a good long term HODL, you will see some whales come in, but these are serious investors and they are not going to put more than 1 BTC in with you constantly doing what you do.
The key to coin value is long term HODL and 10 to 100 BTC accumulations by some few dozen whales.
this is not possible until we fix the "barrabas problem"

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 07:11:50 AM

James,

Thanks,
Doug

James

This is beyond the case of the mystery "dev4", if you look at their deal for the credit card, it was a train wreck, and of course not listening to their community about wizrig is surely not their brightest moment either.
I am pretty good with advices on a wide spectrum of matters, so as long as they are getting my feedback on major things, at least my experience might be of some benefit.
I have noticed a lack of vision with most altcoins and VRC is no exception
A few cool features are better than nothing, but without a cohesive market differentiator, there is just brownian motion in the market. What we want is forward progress and for that we need a specific market position.

so, I think I am somewhat unique factor and if you are not willing to hit the reset button and evaluate things from here moving forward, we might as well be talking about blockchain rollbacks forever. That seems pretty much a waste of time and I dont like to waste time

James

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:18:40 AM

sometimes it is nonsense

Actually, they have honored my request for secrecy
this shows integrity and honor
they are slow, but this comes from not wanting to make a mistake and I doubt they have any experience in deals like this as I think I am the only one who has ever done anything like this before and it was not publicized

so now it is in the open, we can create some sort of signup and if you can do some self-analysis to figure out what the personal issue against VRC is, then VRC community will be able to be healed

you are making some sense and this is the danger. If you are a loon, everybody can safely ignore you, but a lot of what you say makes some sense, then you say some crazy stuff.
very confusing and no new whale investor will invest.

Now I have a few dozen whales that I have helped them make several millions USD over the previous months. If I say VRC is a good long term HODL, you will see some whales come in, but these are serious investors and they are not going to put more than 1 BTC in with you constantly doing what you do.
The key to coin value is long term HODL and 10 to 100 BTC accumulations by some few dozen whales.
this is not possible until we fix the "barrabas problem"

Once again James you give me way too much gravitas totslly undeserved. And once again you choose to ser conspiracy yheoried where there are none. You dhould perhas visit my wall of shame and wall of honor before dpeculating further. Perhaps that way you would have a muvh better picture... it is real simple: as it is, vrc has no technical value, no direction and no real achievable targets. These are facts, not personal inventions. It has also a solid community that doesnt post here and a auickly diappesring and marketable "good guys" image. Thas is all. I am a very modedt investor in vrc like i sm in other coins. And my only master is truth.

Do with it as you please or deem necessary.

Sorry for typos, im on phone and its a pain to write...
ELMER_FUD

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:35:49 AM

###
WARNING TO TROLLS:
My threads are a no FUD zone and require fact based posts. You are free to post your opinion, but if it is not a self-evident fact, please provide supporting data for any controversial claims. If you are violating of this rule, I cannot promise that your intellectual credibility wont obtain some tarnish, so if you are to be trolling you should make a sockpuppet acct. That way it will at least make it easy for everybody to realize you are trolling. Sockpuppet newbies will basically have a glowing sign around them that is blinking "the troll". If you use an established handle to troll, then be ready for some not so polite making fun of your intelligence. I am warning you so I wont feel so bad after doing this. I just really find trolls annoying.

Some trolls are persistent in refusing to follow my advices on proper posting behavior, like using fact based posts and not just FUD. Since after three warnings, the following have continued to troll in my thread and I tire of it. I will keep a list of such trolls so you can all know who I find to be worthy of being on my ignore list. Due to this behavior, I highly suggest to do the same or really take anything he says as only loosely based on fact.

List of Trolls on my ignore list:
barabbas
altcoinUK

I've been dreaming of such a disclaimer for several weeks now.  Thank you, James  Smiley

This forum would be such a better place if we could implement it here.

ScottAllyn

Activity: 236

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 07:37:40 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 07:50:05 AM by ScottAllyn

Like I said James,  this community, unfottunately, is not reafy for this deal. Neither,  more importantly, are the devs. So it won't happen.

For the  record, I am all for this deal as I was the moment it was proposed...

You're so silly. When drkman first proposed this deal, you suggested that he have himself committed to an institution. Cheesy

He wouldn't become the 3rd largest holder unless he pushed us all the way to .001 and that would be a 10X from here so I'd say he would deserve it.

The real sad thing -but still very funny- is that you actually believe just one individual would be able, with his coding, to "push us" above .001.

I would recommend a nice, secluded institution but I'm afraid you're probably beyond that even at this point...

PROJECT JUGGERNAUT[...]
Ok, let me get this straight, before I get sick of laughing on the floor in hysterics for 10 minutes, unable to stop:

This "Juggernaut" guy is our "secret weapon", right? Since it is obvious by now that we have three stooges as devs that cannot code their way out of a paperbag, you propose to hire (code name: Juggernaut), that is so good, already has such great technologies ready to go and has such a prestige in the crypto world that he cannot get arrested (he cannot find a job) and cannot launch his own crypto currency? Is that it?

You cannot be serious!

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
ELMER_FUD

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:46:14 AM

I'm sorry I couldn't tell you who DEV4 was.  I was just trying to honor my prior commitments.

I'll be the first to say it publicly:

Thank you, drkman! 

Pages: « 1 ... 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 [759] 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: