Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:58:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 [813] 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355399 times)
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:26:35 AM

As a committed bag-holder and silent supporter of the coin I am getting worried about the inactivity in this thread. Not even cheerleader images lately ... what's happening?

I was worried myself, but from what I can tell. The devs are activly working on the promised features such as the new wallet. Which you can it compile yourself. The aren't offering a binary until they feel it's perfect. I've had email recent conversations(yesterday) with one of the devs to clear up confusion I had concerning the 500k VRC Escrow for Supernet and was promptly answered. I had an issue with VeriPool and was promptly answered on that as well. Enough of the FUD, everyone is just waiting for the boom to happen with the BTC/Paypal news, see what Alibaba investors do, such as coming back to the crypto community, see what happens with the James/Supernet dealings, etc. Nothing is guaranteed with investments, it's all about risk vs reward which I'm sure you are well aware of. So sell if you want out, or promote positively if you wanna help. I just signed up to the forum and this is my first post, so use that against me if you want. I am however educated, work in technology, done my research/invested with mining, trading, staking, commodities, etc with real money. Not monopoly money. I'm still confident VRC it going to explode. I've been on every forum I can find, emailed every person I can, talk in the IRC channels, etc.

VRC Tip account: VVX7CsUJqMNyBgF4uqG7hjD6ve2hyuRAQp

SamInTampa

Good. I appreciate you took seriously that I am worried and addressed the issue. Your post made everything crystal clear. Wow, you even pointed out that Vericoin is an open source project and I can compile the code myself ... did you bother to read my last let say 10 posts before you replied?

Wtf is that tip account for?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 01:03:45 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2014, 01:36:41 AM by effectsToCause

Hey guys just wanted to give an update. We have used this relativley low volume, low interest summer to really work on the backend, make strategic partnerships, build the infrastructure, and a build a new wallet UI, a new foundation. The new wallet is on the main branch of github if your on Linux, it's in its final form. We are making some minor formatting details universal across all operating systems and tweaking things here and there for optimal performance and experience, till it's just right. Then we will release final builds for the three OSes. Thanks for being there with us through thick and thin, it doesn't go unnoticed and is appreciated. After the release we will do a hangout and update everyone on the new stuff and goings on behind the scenes. I believe thin is behind us and I am excited about the future of VeriCoin and hope you are too!
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:34:19 AM

Hey guys just wanted to give an update. We have used this relativley low volume, low interest summer to really work on the backend, make strategic partnerships, build the infrastructure, and a build a new wallet UI, a new foundation. The new wallet is on the main branch of github if your on Linux, it's in its final form. We are making some minor formatting details universal across all operating systems and tweaking things here and there for optimal performance and experience, till it's just right. Then we will release final builds for the three OSes. Thanks for being there with us through thick and thin, it doesn't go unnoticed and is appreciated. After the release we will do a hangout and update everyone on the new stuff and goings on behind the scenes. I believe thin is behind us and I am excited about the future of VeriCoin and hope you are too!
Amazing! thanks for the update , looking forward to vericoins future! For now I'm still accumulating while prices are steady at this price Wink

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
setup

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:22:10 AM

First thing I saw was a hangout with the three devs. I did some more research and decided to stop dealing and invested all my savings in VRC. I'm pretty sure it was the right decision. I'm very glad looking forward to the new wallet and the coming hangout. Thanks to all devs for the awsome job you are doing.

https://litebit.eu/registration/de/3337ouEH2M/
Add a VRC banner to your Website & support VERICOIN
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:47:15 AM

invested all my savings in VRC

This is a serious beginner mistake. I'm not saying that VRC is a bad investment, but putting all your eggs in one basket is.

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
nonlinearboy

Activity: 703

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:48:40 AM

Can someone explain the TOKEN to a newb like me?  Can TOKEN be sent to a standard NTX address?  Thanks...

TOKEN is an asset on the NXT asset exchange which has partial ownership over several other assets (including VRC). It can be sent to a standard address.
got it ,thanks.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:50:31 AM

Ok James, just for you I won't ... but the prospect of yet  another "thrilling" hang out at this point is a bit too much, dont you think?
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 08:14:59 AM

Ok James, just for you I won't ... but the prospect of yet  another "thrilling" hang out at this point is a bit too much, dont you think?
just for you: http://youtu.be/EQmKDP3tNOY

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
effectsToCause (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 11:47:29 AM

Lol watching the hangout is optional.
pnosker

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:17:10 PM

All TOKEN purchased with VRC has been distributed! Thanks again for James for offering VeriCoin the opportunity, and thanks to the VRC holders for believing enough in VRC to help SuperNET get closer to 10% holdings!

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
KryptoKings

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:24:23 PM

As a committed bag-holder and silent supporter of the coin I am getting worried about the inactivity in this thread. Not even cheerleader images lately ... what's happening?

No worries. We are going to get our voices heard soon. I am going to do my best to give back to this great community. Forget the cheerleaders... think of fans little by little walking in early filling up an arena.

Give back what?

Just like the community and the devs give us time/effort, I plan to do the same. I also have to do my best to make Vericoin know to outsiders that maybe new to crypto. As community members we have to take it onto ourselves to push for acceptance in the world.
ozboy2014

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:48:16 PM

been soooooooooo busy... Anyone knows whether the physical VRCs have been sent out?
effectsToCause (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 12:57:08 PM

been soooooooooo busy... Anyone knows whether the physical VRCs have been sent out?

Socal got a job adjusting satellite equipment on a boat, so he has literally been out at sea and offline mostly.  He should be back soon though then the coins will go out I believe.

ozboy2014

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:01:16 PM

Socal got a job adjusting satellite equipment on a boat, so he has literally been out at sea and offline mostly.  He should be back soon though then the coins will go out I believe.

Ok Thanks Dev.
Isokoira

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:15:48 PM

Oh, the official nakedbits.com is even better.  Thanks James
Isokoira

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:29:19 PM

Someone just found an exploit with the Raspberry Pi so if anyone is using one to stake Vericoin may have to take a look at this:

To test your own RPis enter the following into the command line:

env x='() { :;}; echo I am vulnerable!' bash -c "echo This is a Shellshock vulnerability test"

If you get the following output you are OK:

bash: warning: x: ignoring function definition attempt

bash: error importing function definition for `x'

This is a Shellshock vulnerability test

If you get the following output you are at RISK:

I am vulnerable!

To fix the issue (if present)

Close down your wallet first (just to be safe) Then run:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

This will automatically fix the exploit - re-test using the above command and you should be fine
johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:04:12 PM

I think you guys, hire someone capable developer becaus now socal is busy in his job.
So other developer will take his post and work for VRC.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 07:22:17 PM

Small article :

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/vericoin-client-update-and-new-developer-google-hangout-soon
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:31:13 PM

I think you guys, hire someone capable developer becaus now socal is busy in his job.
So other developer will take his post and work for VRC.

Weirder and weirder posts in this thread as time goes on. Socal was never a developer, therefore no need to hire a capable developer to replace him.

Read the thread before jumping in discussing development issues.
doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 09:23:01 PM

Someone just found an exploit with the Raspberry Pi so if anyone is using one to stake Vericoin may have to take a look at this:

To test your own RPis enter the following into the command line:

env x='() { :;}; echo I am vulnerable!' bash -c "echo This is a Shellshock vulnerability test"

If you get the following output you are OK:

bash: warning: x: ignoring function definition attempt

bash: error importing function definition for `x'

If you get the following output you are at RISK:

I am vulnerable!

To fix the issue (if present)

Close down your wallet first (just to be safe) Then run:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

This will automatically fix the exploit - re-test using the above command and you should be fine

THX!
Pages: « 1 ... 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 [813] 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: