Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:56:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 [827] 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:31:53 PM

And, by the way, as foretold, we are back to be solidly in singles.

But at one point or another no doubt those very biog things the people is debating in the "cheerleader's club" are going to propel the price to the moon.

I'm sure people will keep an eye on it.

And on the "cheerleader's club" too.

Stooges.

How low you think price will go? Into the 8000's? 7000's? Any guess?

It's totally in the hands of James. It will go as low as he lets it go.

Some cheerleaders were -and still are- convinced that without James the bottom would have been 8000 anyway; it is possible that James would want to show them exactly how wrong they were by letting go there and below EVEN with the fact that he is involved and VRC will possibly be in the SuperNET.

If I were James, I would do that, just to make things quite clear to everyone. But, alas, I am not so I cannot even speculate at this point.

One thing I do know though: If he doesn't do anything, it will keep going down indeed.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
onsightit

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 08:03:18 PM

But at one point or another no doubt those very biog things the people is debating in the "cheerleader's club" are going to propel the price to the moon.

Stooges.

Some cheerleaders were -and still are- convinced that without James the bottom would have been 8000 anyway; it is possible that James would want to show them exactly how wrong they were by letting go there and below EVEN with the fact that he is involved and VRC will possibly be in the SuperNET.

If I were James, I would do that, just to make things quite clear to everyone. But, alas, I am not so I cannot even speculate at this point.

One thing I do know though: If he doesn't do anything, it will keep going down indeed.

If you have been following the Supernet forums, you've undoubtedly noticed that James has been very busy hammering out the code for the SN API and more specifically, the DHT code to support a distributed file sharing/cloud infrastructure.  Pretty exciting stuff.  The price is the price. The technology is advancing, however, and VeriCoin will be a part of it.

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:16:38 PM

Stooges.

If you have been following the Supernet forums, you've undoubtedly noticed that James has been very busy hammering out the code for the SN API and more specifically, the DHT code to support a distributed file sharing/cloud infrastructure.  Pretty exciting stuff.  The price is the price. The technology is advancing, however, and VeriCoin will be a part of it.

No I haven't been following the supernet forums. And I have no doubt James is a very, very busy individual. I GET that. And I am the first to appreciate and respect James because, so far, he has honored -and beyond- his commitments in what I can see and certainly in what pertains VRC.

That said, he may have misjudged "the price is the price" aspect when he stated that "... between 10 and 14 would be the period of accumulation..." or words to that effect. If he really wants the price to remain in that channel, obviously he has to do something more than what he has done.

Otherwise I have no problem at all -totally the contrary- with James' involvement in VRC so far. We are still months before he has to show something of what he promised he would do, so still quite within his commitment.

That said, I reiterate that since VRC on it own has nothing of any value for the crypto community, if James doesn't do anything the price will continue being the price: Going south. Perhaps severely.
onsightit

Activity: 308

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 11:51:10 PM

Stooges.

No I haven't been following the supernet forums. And I have no doubt James is a very, very busy individual. I GET that. And I am the first to appreciate and respect James because, so far, he has honored -and beyond- his commitments in what I can see and certainly in what pertains VRC.

That said, he may have misjudged "the price is the price" aspect when he stated that "... between 10 and 14 would be the period of accumulation..." or words to that effect. If he really wants the price to remain in that channel, obviously he has to do something more than what he has done.

Otherwise I have no problem at all -totally the contrary- with James' involvement in VRC so far. We are still months before he has to show something of what he promised he would do, so still quite within his commitment.

That said, I reiterate that since VRC on it own has nothing of any value for the crypto community, if James doesn't do anything the price will continue being the price: Going south. Perhaps severely.

NXT is in the dumps, too, and I don't see anyone involved in SN panicking about it. BTW, it's great to see a kinder-gentler barabbas here. Your input of late is appreciated.  I am too busy to watch the markets like a hawk these days. There's a lot of development in the pipes, and that is where my focus is.

-Cheers

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
drkman

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 11:57:15 PM

^^^^

Finally you are getting it. Took you a while but you are getting the whole gist of it.

Unless James chooses to save it -again-, here we come again Palookaville.

As much as I agree all the "vericoin projects" have pretty much been a bust for the last 2-3 months, I will say that I'm still personally really excited for what James and the SuperNET project brings to the table.

From my understanding the vericoin/SuperNET relationship is all still moving forward and that James originally said he would be about 6 months out from making Vericoin one of his priorities. That puts us at end of Q1/15. If we can even get half way to the perceived target of 50,000 statoshi with James/SuperNEt's involvement then we are talking over 100% from current values. I'm more than happy to stick around for another 5-6 months to see whether or not i can make a 100%+ ROI. Totally worth it to me.

This is just total speculation but somebody recently had a couple of 10+ BTC orders get filled on bittrex in the 10-11k range. I mean at today's prices it's not a lot of cash, but nevertheless someone (perhaps James?) is loading up on VRC. Again, total speculation here but I would guess we are all at the mercy of James's hand and that he will continue to wait for orders to be filled until he feels he has enough VRC to move forward and at that point let the fun begin Wink

Who know though... I could easily be 100% wrong.

No, no you are probably quite right. Question though is will people hang on? Yes it isn't a lot of time but looki where we are now considering where we were not 6 months, but 3 months ago...

In 8 days there's another whale of an ICO coming: BRO. That is going to suck a HUGE amount of BTC. We do know by now that the availability of capital in the  Alt world is not just limited, is pretty much stagnant too so the coins and projects that lack momentum will continue to drift rather quickly as money concentrates on the ones that have the momentum. This has been happening already for a while and will continue so... James' Supernet, for instance, sucked $5 million from an already over extended pool. I am expecting a huge amount now going to BRO in 8 days. That money doesn't come from outside for the most part, it's just recycled money, people selling their VRC, for instance -and many others- to place their bets on more promising projects, not just in the short term but long term too.

Show me a single altcoin that has proven, even at this early stages, so far to be a good "long term" investment... NONE whatsoever.

Now if you have 1 BTC in VRC at current price, even though you started investing in it 3 BTC, where do you really believe your 1 BTC will be more profitable in a week, in a month, in a year, in VRC or in BRO? Draw your conclusion...

So what do you think, VRC or BRO?

You really need to ask?

Let me see... a hobby/pipe dream by three kids with less capabilities and aptitudes than the three stooges or a full cutting edge business with income from day one, supported by a highly regarded professional staff and celebrity promotion, cutting itself a slice of a $40 BILLION worldwide industry growing exponentially? (of course BRO won't be actually investing in the business model, but in the coin aspect of it but still, the exponentially increasing demand and liquidity, is pretty much guaranteed). Hummm.... I'm gonna have to think quite deep about this.... Decisions, decisions...

Come on, you are joking, right?

Now, all that said, the "James' effect" is undeniable and he can change things -only him- instantly, of course. Just like he did before.
You are conveniently forgetting that BRO is selling an ICO for a coin that already has a 67% premine.......So there's that.
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 12:14:45 AM

Hi guys

If you remember James said he won't have much time to help VRC until the end of this year or very early next year. He did say he would help when he could. If you have been following progress on SuperNET or BTCD

threads, you will know that he is looking at renting servers to test SuperNET and Teleporting at full scale. They has been daily progress reports and every thing is going forward. I have also read communication between

James and VRC devs on SuperNET forum (I think it was there, I read a lot of threads) suggesting some interesting things in the pipeline for VRC. So I for one will not be selling my VRC, I will continue to trade and gather

more while the price is cheap. Nice to see that people are communicating in a more civil way here, its so much nicer than trash talk.

Jon  Cool

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 07:12:21 AM

Stooges.

NXT is in the dumps, too, and I don't see anyone involved in SN panicking about it. BTW, it's great to see a kinder-gentler barabbas here. Your input of late is appreciated.  I am too busy to watch the markets like a hawk these days. There's a lot of development in the pipes, and that is where my focus is.

-Cheers

NEXT in the dumps? I don't think so. At all. NXT had a very solid run up and now it's profit taking time... which is what happens in NEXT for months and mon ths now. It could touch the 5s and that's where the money comes in running and back again to the highs 8s. Or above. Quite a different animal.

If you perceive me as a kinder gentles Barabbas, I guess that would be my current projection. The only thing that is different, from my perspective, is James: Now VRC has him, before it did not. As long as it has James, is has something good and real effective. If it doesn't, it will drift eventually to the ground. THAT's the difference, the only one.

Back to what you say about NXT, the same has occurred to a number of coins, including -among many others- BC and even DARK. There's very little money coming into alts and into even BTC, giving the distressed price. The remaining goes to the momentum projects (such as James') and some of the promising ICOs. There's no liquidity left even for solid projects, well established. The market is very tough and is about to become quite tougher: In 8 days an ICO that will make history, will be live. BRO. It's going to take thousands of BTC, millions of dollars. Many. All the other coins will be sold. Including the good ones. Imagine what will happen to this one...

Unless, of course, James decides to counter... Only he has the kind of clout needed for such a move. Will he? The price, in a very significant way, will tell the tale of the play. Very, very soon.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 07:16:01 AM

You are conveniently forgetting that BRO is selling an ICO for a coin that already has a 67% premine.......So there's that.

Are you implying I have anything to do with BRO? Because if you do you are quite wrong. And, obviously, you havent read my posts on their board.

What seems "convenient" is your mention of their "pre-mine" without clarifying that BRO is a complete different business model from any other digital currency, which you must know (I know you do).

Anyway, they are going to get rivers of money and that is that.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 07:19:16 AM

Hi guys

If you remember James said he won't have much time to help VRC until the end of this year or very early next year. He did say he would help when he could. If you have been following progress on SuperNET or BTCD

threads, you will know that he is looking at renting servers to test SuperNET and Teleporting at full scale. They has been daily progress reports and every thing is going forward. I have also read communication between

James and VRC devs on SuperNET forum (I think it was there, I read a lot of threads) suggesting some interesting things in the pipeline for VRC. So I for one will not be selling my VRC, I will continue to trade and gather

more while the price is cheap. Nice to see that people are communicating in a more civil way here, its so much nicer than trash talk.

Jon  Cool

Perhaps that should tell you something now that the raging cheerleaders don't post here, about who the troublemakers were...

Just a thought.
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 11:05:36 AM

Hi guys

Jon  Cool

Perhaps that should tell you something now that the raging cheerleaders don't post here, about who the troublemakers were...

Just a thought.

I think it has more to do with the fact that a few of the VeriCoin supporters are making a conscious effort not to get into pointless sparring matches with those who frequently stir up the waters. Instead, they're handling and redirecting those perpetual naysayers into a more positive and constructive direction.

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 12:48:05 PM

Hi, what were impacts (good and bad) for VRC after joining SuperNet? Doing research for XCR
( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=821046.0 ) Sorry for hijacking thread. trying to form a objective opinion if it will benefit network value by looking at every currency that connected to it, thus so far looks good.

Having trouble sorting out spam researching about SuperNets impact on networks.

If XCR would join it, would it benefit VRC also and other connected?
TheLEFTIST^LEGiON^

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:44:47 PM

lol @ everyone blaming vrc low price on btc going down and upcoming ipos like bro.

put ur blame towards mintpal and supernet.

b/c of mintpal hack we pulled trading support... with the intention to repush once bottomed out. that price rise barabbas claimed was from worldvrc day.... yeah that was a test pump from us looking to see if vrc had bottomed and if it was time to repush the price that just happened to coincide with his post about vrcday or w/e it was. but we will let him keep thinking as he wishes....

then supernet happened and let me ask why would we support a coin when 10% of mrket is going to b given to someone to dump when supernet dies just like UNOCS did when feathercoin left that.

and definatly lol at barabbas now being 110% supernet supporter...

one of our ppl tried to tell u we had plans 4 vrc. and if we had stuck to those vrc price would already b at .00075+

but instead of listening all of ur cheerleaders got scared market might actually be manipulated and that there might really b a group like ours with veri large holdings in the coin so they decided to label us as fud and blame us for attacks on vrc... when u should b looking else where.

we were only trying to speak up and prevent this coins community from making and a coin killing mistake of giving away control of 10% of the market to someone to use as a pump and dump to support something sketchy, questionable, and not even in existence yet.

who in there right mind would make a move to trust such a giant chunk of a multi-million dollar market
to some1 with such little accountability and such a giant conflict of interest in exchange for something that is just vaporware.... no company i know would.

so enjoy ur supernet payoffs paid for by dumping coins ppl have given jl to join supernet... while u keep pushing jls worthless assets...

but vrc price will continue down unless ur one and only whale JL777's buying support out weighs our selling weight...

looking at the charts for bbr and other coins that where given to jl.... still believe in that so called JL effect.

supernet is a joke. only ppl supporting it are nxt'rs and noobs that have only been in btc for less then a yr like all those that were burned by zeta....

amesterdamer

Activity: 334
Merit: 251

Designer and CryptoCurrency Enthusiast.

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 07:24:27 PM

Here's another alternative (new project) to Bitcointalk besides the vericointalk.com forum.

Landing page: http://coinblab.com/ ::: Page Link: http://coinblab.com/page/vericoin ::: Group Link: http://coinblab.com/group/18

effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 08:05:26 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2014, 08:17:45 PM by effectsToCause

lol @ everyone blaming vrc low price on btc going down and upcoming ipos like bro.

b/c of mintpal hack we pulled trading support... with the intention to repush once bottomed out. that price rise barabbas claimed was from worldvrc day.... yeah that was a test pump from us looking to see if vrc had bottomed and if it was time to repush the price that just happened to coincide with his post about vrcday or w/e it was. but we will let him keep thinking as he wishes....

then supernet happened and let me ask why would we support a coin when 10% of mrket is going to b given to someone to dump when supernet dies just like UNOCS did when feathercoin left that.

one of our ppl tried to tell u we had plans 4 vrc. and if we had stuck to those vrc price would already b at .00075+

but instead of listening all of ur cheerleaders got scared market might actually be manipulated and that there might really b a group like ours with veri large holdings in the coin so they decided to label us as fud and blame us for attacks on vrc... when u should b looking else where.

we were only trying to speak up and prevent this coins community from making and a coin killing mistake of giving away control of 10% of the market to someone to use as a pump and dump to support something sketchy, questionable, and not even in existence yet.

who in there right mind would make a move to trust such a giant chunk of a multi-million dollar market
to some1 with such little accountability and such a giant conflict of interest in exchange for something that is just vaporware.... no company i know would.

so enjoy ur supernet payoffs paid for by dumping coins ppl have given jl to join supernet... while u keep pushing jls worthless assets...

but vrc price will continue down unless ur one and only whale JL777's buying support out weighs our selling weight...

looking at the charts for bbr and other coins that where given to jl.... still believe in that so called JL effect.

supernet is a joke. only ppl supporting it are nxt'rs and noobs that have only been in btc for less then a yr like all those that were burned by zeta....

We have never and will never make decisions based on one investor or investment group's opinions, including jl777.  If your group wants to threaten dumping in return for action then I believe you are in the wrong place, as so many others with the same view have been.
jd1959

Activity: 529

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 08:27:53 PM

Yea right talking noobs (sic)funny how this is your first post, come on use your real ID or are you scared to expose yourself and your real agenda. If you don't like what is happening with VRC, just sell and let the rest

of us get on with it. Maybe your pump group could find a nice quite place and start your own coin maybe you could call it PUMP coin and gather round mutually masturbating over it.

Jon  Angry

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
bitmaster1x
Legendary

Activity: 1274

CRYPTO-CITY.COM 🌟 Communities

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 08:48:02 PM

We have never and will never make decisions based on one investor or investment group's opinions, including jl777.  If your group wants to threaten dumping in return for action then I believe you are in the wrong place, as so many others with the same view have been.

I'm still trading VRC all day long. Smiley

kleineaap

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 09:07:21 PM

Juicy.

| Minexcoin A new era of payments

LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 09:31:00 PM

Juicy.

you are back?
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 09:33:21 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2014, 09:48:26 PM by barabbas

Just to clarify, I support the IDEA of the SuperNET; to support it fully I would need to know which 10 coins will form it.

As of now, I would not support a SuperNET that included VRC in the 10. James has stated that he will bring VRC technologically up to par to justify it's possible inclusion and up until now James' credibility, for me, remains intact.

You may have been mislead by my support of VRC associating itself with James, which was a humongous positive (double the price almost instantly), which is a different thing altogether.

Another erroneous assumption that you make (and you make several) is that VRC will "give" 10% of the company... VRC will give NOTHING, you need to know this very clearly, nothing at all whatsoever. What VRC could -but is not officially required to do-, is to buy in SuperNET an amount similar to 10% of the VRC value at the time, in exchange for SuperNET purchasing of 10% of Vericoin. Quite a different thing. A "shares swap" is what that figure is called in the regular financial world. Hopefully now you will "get it".

Oh and I enthusiastically support that "swap" on 2 conditions: That the selected 10 coins bring to the SuperNET unique, cutting edge and best in class technologies, which are synergic and not repeated, one, and two, that the tech that James would have brought by then to VRC justify it's inclusion. Just being the public face guarding James' personal anon won't do.

EDIT to add:

By the way, your "group" apparently had huge plans to support VRC at the "bottom" 8000 level. It is quite possible (entirely up to James though for he can stop the price going down at any moment, very easily) that it will get back there again... Is that what you are in reality looking forward to happen to buy in much bigger then?

You know, it is the opposite of trustworthiness that you would have waited this long to issue your threat.

And you know what is absolutely hysterical? That your "group" would have had "big plans" for VRC. The Black Hand -and I am not entirely sure you are not La Mano Nera, mind you-, had "big plans" for BC and sank it after activating their "big plans" many times to run dry the idiotic investors that were -and some still are holding their monumental bags in there. And they did it with the full complicity of the Devs... just like you pretended here. Like I said, hysterical.... you should go to the bobsurplus school because the whole P&D game has evolved enormously since the Mafia-like days and it is way more sophisticated these days. You need to get updated... I see also that your usual frontman is not doing the posting anymore... that's another really bad move for it speaks of inconsistency and, frankly, panic. You guys are bagholders! Big, huge, humongous ones. Who knew, ah?
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 09:50:00 PM

Hi guys

Jon  Cool

Just a thought.

I think it has more to do with the fact that a few of the VeriCoin supporters are making a conscious effort not to get into pointless sparring matches with those who frequently stir up the waters. Instead, they're handling and redirecting those perpetual naysayers into a more positive and constructive direction.

And you would, of course, delude yourself that way. Predictable. Inevitable.

Seems legit...
Pages: « 1 ... 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 [827] 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: