Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:57:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696200 times)
paramind22

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2016, 03:48:45 AM

Well, there is only one pool now mining Curecoin and I really wanted to get it to work, but with about two weeks of mailing support back and forth we haven't been able to get my asic to work on it.  It is working fine being a dualmode and mining Litecoin.   I am not sure what's wrong, have had to do other things, but maybe this post might motivate others to get involved in making it easier to mine Curecoin.  I have to admit it is a little confusing to me why a simple bat file couldn't get cgminer to stay connected.  It kept disconnecting.  I am mining several different coins, and learning about more ways of mining like harddrive mining, and it seems this stuff is hard to sink into when it comes to trying to mine this in the old fashion pool sense.  Or, maybe it was the pool, I don't know.  It showed usually ten miners there.  There was no IRC support after about ten hours or more.  This seems like one of the only SHA256 coins worth mining today.  What are the other ways of mining it with a SHA256 miner?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cygnusxi (OP)

Activity: 397
Merit: 251

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 08:42:23 AM

Despite FLDC having very low PPD, they're whooping our ass in terms of volume/liquidity. Interesting.

I think this is due to merge folding. Lot of people earn FLDC without being in the Foldingcoin team.

It also appears that curecoin's morale is higher than anticipated, I was expecting the price to dump much harder given all the new folders coming in..

Most folders are smart. They anticipate that with the future release of CC2.0 which is probably going to be the most secure crypto + the SigmaX bonus, the value of Curecoin might skyrocket, so they keep it.

Along with many other factors, I think it is easier to hold coins as an investment knowing you aided in research to earn them

This definitely is more profitable than mining ETH or ETC by about +50%, as my 3x R9 290s were netting me about 0.01 BTC/day worth of ETH. I only would've mined 0.2 BTC during the same period.

This [CURE+FLDC merge folding] definitely is more profitable than mining ETH or ETC by about +50%

Just wanted to highlight it to catch the eye of miners that might read this thread Cheesy

Currently Team Curecoin is producing 11.4 petaflops for research and that number is growing faster than ever with the exception of maybe the curecoin launch month. It will be interesting to see how much of an impact this makes

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0
shaka256

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 11:20:13 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2016, 11:32:52 AM by shaka256

Currently Team Curecoin is producing 11.4 petaflops for research and that number is growing faster than ever with the exception of maybe the curecoin launch month. It will be interesting to see how much of an impact this makes

In one week EVGA team had a PPD increase of +50%  Shocked
Maybe a side effect (beneficial for F@H !) of Curecoin team threatening their first place?  
If they continue to fight in this way, every PPD from future members to Curecoin team will actually bring 2 PPD to F@H! Cheesy
bardacuda

Activity: 430
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 08:13:24 PM

In one week EVGA team had a PPD increase of +50%  Shocked
Maybe a side effect (beneficial for F@H !) of Curecoin team threatening their first place?  
If they continue to fight in this way, every PPD from future members to Curecoin team will actually bring 2 PPD to F@H! Cheesy

Maybe some miners have taken notice, done the math, and figure it's slightly more profitable to fold for EVGA for their first 3 million points every month, and then switch to folding for CURE for the rest of the month.

The future will rely on AI. SingularityNET lets anyone create, monetize, and use AI at scale. From the creators of Sophia the Robot.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 12:42:49 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2016, 10:08:27 PM by QuintLeo

Unfortunately, Team Curecoin is going to take a hit for a while - the place I'm moving to turns out *might* not be able to get Internet installed for a month or a bit more, so instead of my adding another rig later this month to kick up to around 5M PPD, I'm probably going to be offline entirely.

8-(

<edit> I'm saved, came up with an alternate ISP and should only lose a few days at most.

8-)

</edit>

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
artoar_11

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 07:42:45 AM

I did some calculations. Nickname HMC_ALL _..... ~60 active accounts at this time, 13+ million PPD.
yavuzc78

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 04:49:42 PM

is this coin have a future? I cant see

paramind22

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2016, 05:34:13 PM

I think there may be a problem.  There is a glibness that comes over a coin's support/team where they cease to answer questions from newbies and it seems cease to take an interest in enough pools running it.  There is "good news" coming from some but doubt and questions coming from others.  Technically, maybe there is a taxonomy in the stages of a coins death, which Curecoin can now cure itself of.

bardacuda

Activity: 430
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 06:12:40 PM

I think there may be a problem.  There is a glibness that comes over a coin's support/team where they cease to answer questions from newbies and it seems cease to take an interest in enough pools running it.  There is "good news" coming from some but doubt and questions coming from others.  Technically, maybe there is a taxonomy in the stages of a coins death, which Curecoin can now cure itself of.

If you need help you might have better luck in a thread geared toward gridseed support such as this one.

I wouldn't expect the lead dev to give you personalized 1-on-1 hardware support on a piece of hardware he probably has no personal experience with, especially when you consider he probably also has a job/school/family/etc.

The future will rely on AI. SingularityNET lets anyone create, monetize, and use AI at scale. From the creators of Sophia the Robot.
paramind22

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2016, 06:21:15 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2016, 07:46:33 PM by paramind22

I think there may be a problem.  There is a glibness that comes over a coin's support/team where they cease to answer questions from newbies and it seems cease to take an interest in enough pools running it.  There is "good news" coming from some but doubt and questions coming from others.  Technically, maybe there is a taxonomy in the stages of a coins death, which Curecoin can now cure itself of.

If you need help you might have better luck in a thread geared toward gridseed support such as this one.

I wouldn't expect the lead dev to give you personalized 1-on-1 hardware support on a piece of hardware he probably has no personal experience with, especially when you consider he probably also has a job/school/family/etc.

I am successfully up mining Bitcoin now solo at ckpool which I started last night, so it's been about 8 hours with pretty much no real problems except one, which may have resolved but I restarted it.  That's much different than running into problems every 20 minutes or so using the same orb.

I'm not trying to be critical but only helpful.  I don't mean by team the upper development, just people who have an interest in the coin succeeding and know enough to answer newbie's questions who also like the idea of the coin.  I think the coin's ideas are excellent, especially the way it has a chrome extension from which you can mine from.  That would be a great topic for a press release

wilding2004

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 02:58:12 PM

Quote from: paramind22

I think the coin's ideas are excellent, especially the way it has a chrome extension from which you can mine from.  That would be a great topic for a press release

I might be wrong - but are you confusing Curecoin with the Folding@home project?
paramind22

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2016, 03:23:36 PM

Quote from: paramind22

I think the coin's ideas are excellent, especially the way it has a chrome extension from which you can mine from.  That would be a great topic for a press release

I might be wrong - but are you confusing Curecoin with the Folding@home project?

I am not sure, I saw that on a youtube video....maybe I am.

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 07:08:43 AM

Given CureCoin is largely based on F@H in certain ways, not hard to get the two confused for the uninitiated.

9-)

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
ryohazuki89

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 08:20:48 AM

It also appears that curecoin's morale is higher than anticipated, I was expecting the price to dump much harder given all the new folders coming in..

Most folders are smart. They anticipate that with the future release of CC2.0 which is probably going to be the most secure crypto + the SigmaX bonus, the value of Curecoin might skyrocket, so they keep it.

I know this might not be a speculation spread. And I'm not trying to create FUD. But it appears that I was correct. The new folders want to sell, and there isn't the demand to support them.

The only thing that can raise this price is the CC2 release by the team, or a kamikaze whale (which will only repeat as a vicious cycle until the CC2 release), or some ridiculous slew of merchant acceptance.
artoar_11

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 08:51:51 PM

Stats system update includes a new feature: monthly leaderboards: - http://folding.stanford.edu/home/blog

Team/donor/OS (montly) statistics: - http://folding.stanford.edu/stats/
FifthGhostbuster

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 06:25:39 PM

I still prefer http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=224497

But cool nonetheless

Go CureCoin!
artoar_11

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 05:00:38 PM

Some donors prefer these statistics: http://www.kakaostats.net/members?team=224497

Updates at intervals of one hour.
cygnusxi (OP)

Activity: 397
Merit: 251

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2016, 10:15:54 PM

I would like to announce 2 new core team members!

Jason from Capsule Corp Microtech is joining currently as our Spanish Ambassador, yet he is bringing more to the then translation skills. Jason is highly motivated and has been folding with team curecoin in the past.
Here is some of the work he has done so far

New translation of remake of the getting started video guide
https://plus.google.com/114434888246102640571/posts/A17PPMueGtY

More translation work
http://www.capsulecorpmicrotech.com/criptodivisas/curecoin/

Last but not least Dr. T. Gottleber aka "Mad Dr G". He is currently teaching computer science and has been folding with team curecoin for some time now.
He has already included a book that covers curecoin in his class requirements with plans to do to more. He has been extremely helpful even before becoming a member of the core team.

Since there is some speculation going on in the recent posts lets have fun with some speculation. I not sure if the crypto community to follow events like this one, so here it is
http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexkonrad/2015/11/18/andreessen-horowitz-launches-biotech-software-fund/

Dr Vijay Pande (founder of leader of folding@home) is keeping busy. Now Andreessen Horowitz is pretty keen on bitcoin and a general interest in all cool digital items (like f@h). The recent price spike that left people baffled... seems like it spiked oddly a few times recently. Since its still profitable even though the price is not holding the peak of what it just hit, team curecoin is growing very fast! At this pace we will break our own world record we hold on the folding@home network. So .. speculation.. once the spike in folders starts to slow down or even out - another price spike from interested parties could happen, making sure to keep the folders (miners) happy and in the green. Again just some fun with speculation. It could be any number of entities that created the price spike.

Well thats your update to read over the weekend. So jump in and fold for coins while they are hot! We are currently at 80% of what is needed to break the old world record.  

edit- as noted in above posts there a lot of guides for using SHA asics, most pools provide some basic instruction and you can also just follow any guide written for sha mining of bitcoin as the process is identical. For most of these asics instruction sets are usually specif to your hardware type.

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0
kopija

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 12:05:55 PM

Dr Vijay Pande (founder of leader of folding@home) is keeping busy. Now Andreessen Horowitz is pretty keen on bitcoin and a general interest in all cool digital items (like f@h). The recent price spike that left people baffled... seems like it spiked oddly a few times recently. Since its still profitable even though the price is not holding the peak of what it just hit, team curecoin is growing very fast! At this pace we will break our own world record we hold on the folding@home network. So .. speculation.. once the spike in folders starts to slow down or even out - another price spike from interested parties could happen, making sure to keep the folders (miners) happy and in the green. Again just some fun with speculation. It could be any number of entities that created the price spike.

So you guys definitely do not know what created September price hike?
I myself have no idea how is the monetization of Curecoin possible in the first place. I thought that the value of Curecoin comes from people who buy Curecoin for $$$ and then donate them to Curecoin project.
Is that correct?
I understand why Bitcoin for example can be monetized: people buy Bitcoin for $$$ and use them to buy stuff on Darknet or pay cryptoware ransoms. And there are chinese billionares who need to move their billions out of the country so they buy Bitcoins in China and exchange them for dollars out of China. So suddenly bits of ones and zeros called Bitcoins have monetary value.
I understand that altcoins like Ethereum/Libry/Monero have some specific features that make people buy them instead Bitcoin.
But who buys Cure for $$$? Who wants Cure? How is it possible it can be exchanged for Bitcoins and then those Bitcoins exchanged for $$$?
Can somebody elaborate because it boggles my mind.

we are nothing but a smart contracts on a cosmic blockchain
huffnpuff

Activity: 29

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 12:42:12 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2016, 04:45:45 AM by huffnpuff

So you guys definitely do not know what created September price hike?

We have some thoughts, but nothing is definite. As far as anyone knows, it could be the US government using confiscated bitcoins to help boost participation in DCN research they seed through the NIH and NSF. Pande Lab and Folding@home receive NIH and NSF funding, while BOINC no longer does, but many of its underlying projects do. If you’ve notice, all three science coins (CURE, FLDC and GRC) got a significant boost, so whomever it is, they are NOT playing favorites.

I'm sure every coin has approached people like Mark Cuban and other members of the Shark Tank ... could be one of them. Cuban doesn't believe in bitcoin, but appreciates "the blockchain".

Ummm ... Paul Allen?

It's anyone's guess really :-)

I myself have no idea how is the monetization of Curecoin possible in the first place. I thought that the value of Curecoin comes from people who buy Curecoin for $$$ and then donate them to Curecoin project.
Is that correct?

I would start by trying Stanford’s Folding@home software for yourself to see how the Work Units are processed on your own computer, and sent back to Stanford for evaluation. http://folding.stanford.edu/

You’re not alone in the assumption CureCoin is a donation based system. The answer is simply "NO"!

76% of the the value of curecoin is derived from our team member’s actually participating in Folding@home and letting their PCs and Macs contribute computing cycles to the underlying medical research. The more people participate in CureCoin, the more computational cycles each curecoin represents (and the value theoretically goes higher).

Here’s how the coins are divided: https://www.curecoin.net/knowledge-base/14-knowledge-base/about-curecoin/16-how-is-the-currency-divided-up

If you want to see where Protein Folding research comes into the FDA drug approval process (the one recognized in practically every country on earth), read this CureCoin article: https://www.curecoin.net/2-uncategorised/84-curecoin-two-year-ann-focus-on-science

We do collect donations for up to five different charities, as well as funds that help the CureCoin core developers maintain the folding pool, websites and social media presence.

In the near future, we will actually allow donors to contribute directly to cloud folding - more on that in an upcoming announcement.

I understand why Bitcoin for example can be monetized: people buy Bitcoin for $$$ and use them to buy stuff on Darknet or pay cryptoware ransoms. And there are chinese billionaires who need to move their billions out of the country so they buy Bitcoins in China and exchange them for dollars out of China. So suddenly bits of ones and zeros called Bitcoins have monetary value.

There are dark aspects to any new commodity/property - some physical commodities like gold, silver and diamonds share the same dark moral undertones. Now China is hoarding rare-earth minerals in order to stay competitive.

The bits of 1s and 0s that are part of any cryptocurrency (generated by the HashCash mining algorithm for bitcoin) are not easily produced. Neither are the Work Units produced by protein folders. That’s why we attempt to equate the 1s and 0s to medical research rather than purely “securing the network” via SHA-256 (HashCash) mining alone. Just like bitcoin or Ethereum, Curecoin includes a “controlled supply”. Which means the there are block reward halving periods every 4 years to account for Moore’s law.

As to what you can buy outside of peer-to-peer transactions with CURE (where you actually have consumer protections)? There are altcoin markets being created on systems like www.Coinpayments.net (which allow any business to register to accept CureCoins). There’s a modest but growing market there.

I understand that altcoins like Ethereum/Libry/Monero have some specific features that make people buy them instead Bitcoin.

But who buys Cure for $$$? Who wants Cure? How is it possible it can be exchanged for Bitcoins and then those Bitcoins exchanged for $$$?

CureCoin’s value proposition comes from the underlying computational biology research and the ability of the currency to maintain security. Right now CureCoin produces about 10-12% of all computations on the Folding@home network. This equates to about 10 petaFLOPS of medical computation research. If you convert that into running those protein simulations on a supercomputer, it equates to multi-millions of dollars per year of computing power: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/what-top-producing-foldinghome-teams-like-curecoin-used-ivan-tuma

About 19% of all CureCoin includes coins produced by the HashCash Proof-of-Work mining algorithm (like bitcoin) in order to help secure our network (although similar to PeerCoin, we also have very broad Proof-of-Stake participation to secure the network - the CureCoin QT-wallet holders earn something akin to “interest” based on how many coins they hold).

As to who buys or who wants CureCoin? People who believe in a better world. They believe the coin will develop greater value in the future as the accelerated research leads to more efficacy in drug compounds, personalized medicines, custom enzymes and nanotechnology.

Incidentally the results from FAH are publically available (open source), so we are not helping any one particular big-pharma entity, or anything like that. Everyone has equal access.

Can somebody elaborate because it boggles my mind.

Hopefully that helps answer some of your questions. I would start with reading through the CureCoin knowledgebase to get a fuller understanding about the Coin design: https://www.curecoin.net/knowledge-base

Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: