Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:06:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696180 times)
tabali tigi

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 11:19:36 AM

Hi,

I am currently writing an article about Curecoin for Thecoinfront.com and Coinproz.com.  If anyone has anything they would like to say about Curecoin from the community, please add it here:

For the record, I have been doing articles on the more philanthropic ventures in cryptocurrency as of late, and Curecoin is a project everyone feels should be promoted.  

http://thecoinfront.com/jason-king-feeds-over-100000-meals-to-homeless-in-pensacola-through-seans-outpost/

Chris Bates

Thanks for the press exposure! Most of what I would say about Curecoin as it exists currently would be copy+paste about the stats and purpose of Curecoin from OP, but to keep from decaying into my frequent tangents, I'd summarize the project as "creating incentive for behavior benefiting humanity; providing a valuable use of computing power for groundbreaking medical and scientific research."

Great!  That is pretty much what I wrote.  I will go ahead and post the draft here, and update the thread when it actually goes live:

Curecoin: Curing Cancer With Crowd Computing

In an emerging alternative cryptocurrency market flooded with fear, uncertainty, and doubt, one coin has risen above the rest.  Curecoin has established itself as a cryptocurrency that is solving real world problems, and also bringing about a new level of transparency to the crypto community.  With representatives recently attending The North American Bitcoin Conference in Chicago, part of the Curecoin development team showed off their project to the public.  The team took careful care to demonstrate exactly how Curecoin worked, as well as demonstrating the overall transparency of the project.  

The project was launched on May 10, 2014 after over 6 months of development.  The Curecoin team has partnered with Stanford University to create the first cryptocurrency to legitimately use crowd-computing power for more than network security.  While it is possible to use computing power to secure the Curecoin network (ASIC), GPU/CPU power can go directly towards “protein folding”.  When you donate your computing power to fold proteins, you are solving equations to help cure different cancers, diabetes, Parkinson’s, and Alzheimer’s.

As the Curecoin team has traveled around the world to build their community, they have risen to the top of the “Fold At Home” team list, currently coming it at number ten.  Currently the Curecoin team is working on Ocore, which is a system to allow users to watch the teams fold the proteins in real time to bring an even higher level of transparency to the process.  They already have an app in the Google Play store  which lets you get in contact with them directly.  

In addition, Curecoin 2.0 will be developed to accommodate changes in computing technology, after which Curecoin 1.0 will be absorbed into the new system.  The team has talked of merchant integration and smart contracts for their next wave of development, but nothing has been set in stone.  If you are interested in contributing your computing power to cure diseases, you can go to the Curecoin home page and start curing diseases from your home computer today.

Edit: I just took out the html hyperlinks, but if anything needs to be changed there is still time!

Thanks!

Chris

Looks great! The only thing I'd modify is removing the part of partnering with Stanford, simply because there's no official partnership at the moment. Also, Ocore is a Stanford development Smiley

I will say "unofficially partnered" and give credit to stanford for Ocore. 

Thanks!

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 01:44:54 PM

Hi,

I am currently writing an article about Curecoin for Thecoinfront.com and Coinproz.com.  If anyone has anything they would like to say about Curecoin from the community, please add it here:

For the record, I have been doing articles on the more philanthropic ventures in cryptocurrency as of late, and Curecoin is a project everyone feels should be promoted.  

http://thecoinfront.com/jason-king-feeds-over-100000-meals-to-homeless-in-pensacola-through-seans-outpost/

Chris Bates

Thanks for the press exposure! Most of what I would say about Curecoin as it exists currently would be copy+paste about the stats and purpose of Curecoin from OP, but to keep from decaying into my frequent tangents, I'd summarize the project as "creating incentive for behavior benefiting humanity; providing a valuable use of computing power for groundbreaking medical and scientific research."

Great!  That is pretty much what I wrote.  I will go ahead and post the draft here, and update the thread when it actually goes live:

In an emerging alternative cryptocurrency market flooded with fear, uncertainty, and doubt, one coin has risen above the rest.  Curecoin has established itself as a cryptocurrency that is solving real world problems, and also bringing about a new level of transparency to the crypto community.  With representatives recently attending The North American Bitcoin Conference in Chicago, part of the Curecoin development team showed off their project to the public.  The team took careful care to demonstrate exactly how Curecoin worked, as well as demonstrating the overall transparency of the project.  

The project was launched on May 10, 2014 after over 6 months of development.  The Curecoin team has partnered with Stanford University to create the first cryptocurrency to legitimately use crowd-computing power for more than network security.  While it is possible to use computing power to secure the Curecoin network (ASIC), GPU/CPU power can go directly towards “protein folding”.  When you donate your computing power to fold proteins, you are solving equations to help cure different cancers, diabetes, Parkinson’s, and Alzheimer’s.

As the Curecoin team has traveled around the world to build their community, they have risen to the top of the “Fold At Home” team list, currently coming it at number ten.  Currently the Curecoin team is working on Ocore, which is a system to allow users to watch the teams fold the proteins in real time to bring an even higher level of transparency to the process.  They already have an app in the Google Play store  which lets you get in contact with them directly.  

In addition, Curecoin 2.0 will be developed to accommodate changes in computing technology, after which Curecoin 1.0 will be absorbed into the new system.  The team has talked of merchant integration and smart contracts for their next wave of development, but nothing has been set in stone.  If you are interested in contributing your computing power to cure diseases, you can go to the Curecoin home page and start curing diseases from your home computer today.

Edit: I just took out the html hyperlinks, but if anything needs to be changed there is still time!

Thanks!

Chris

Looks great! The only thing I'd modify is removing the part of partnering with Stanford, simply because there's no official partnership at the moment. Also, Ocore is a Stanford development Smiley

Thanks!

Thanks! Christian's point about wording on solving vs supporting is also valid, perhaps rephrase 'solving' to 'supporting researchers in a quest to solve' or something to that effect?

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
ChristianVirtual

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:56:47 PM

Hi,

Chris Bates

Thanks!

Chris

Thanks!

Thanks! Christian's point about wording on solving vs supporting is also valid, perhaps rephrase 'solving' to 'supporting researchers in a quest to solve' or something to that effect?

"'supporting researchers in a quest to solve'" sound a good compromise and keeps the word "solving" in the text
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 12:13:50 AM

Hi,

Chris Bates

Thanks!

Chris

Thanks!

Well, as I had met Axel and Curtis in Chicago, they had informed me that they were involved in solving one problem with a specific protein, so that theoretical threshold has been passed already.  Smiley  

It is not deceptive language as far as I'm concerned.

seljak

Activity: 101

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:00:38 PM

Hello.

Can someone confirm how many CURECOINS do you get per day with 100k ppd.
Tnx.
artoar_11

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:05:20 PM

Hello.

Tnx.

If your points (PPD) are - 100,000
If the points (PPD) of CureCoin team are - 58,204,160  (at this point)

(100,000/58,204,160)*7488= 12.865059 CURE
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 01:26:11 PM

Hello.

Tnx.

how long does it take to get ~100k ppd with a 4x7970 rig?

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
22naru

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 01:41:23 PM

Hello.

Tnx.

1x7970 = ~100/130k ppd. i have 7950 and i make ~100k each with some tweak.
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 03:46:04 PM

Curecoin Article is Live!

http://thecoinfront.com/can-cryptocurrency-cure-disease/

"In an emerging alternative cryptocurrency market flooded with fear, uncertainty, and doubt, one coin has risen above the rest.

Curecoin has established itself as a cryptocurrency that is solving real world problems, and also bringing about a new level of transparency to the crypto community. With representatives recently attending the North American Bitcoin Conference in Chicago, part of the Curecoin development team showed off their project to the public.

The team took careful care to demonstrate exactly how Curecoin worked, as well as demonstrating the overall transparency of the project, which was launched on May 10, 2014 after over 6 months of development.

Protein Folding???
The Curecoin team has unofficially partnered with Stanford University to create the first cryptocurrency to legitimately use crowd-computing power for more than network security. While it is possible to use computing power to secure the Curecoin network (ASIC), GPU/CPU power can go directly towards “protein folding”. When you donate your computing power to fold proteins, you are solving equations to help cure different cancers, diabetes, Parkinson’s, and Alzheimer’s.

As the Curecoin team has traveled around the world to build their community, they have risen to the top of the “Folding At Home” team list, currently coming it at number ten. Currently the Stanford team is working on Ocore, which is a system to allow users to watch the teams fold the proteins in real time to bring an even higher level of transparency to the process. They already have an app in the Google Play store which lets you get in contact with them directly.

In addition, Curecoin 2.0 will be developed to accommodate changes in computing technology, after which Curecoin 1.0 will be absorbed into the new system. The team has talked of merchant integration and smart contracts for their next wave of development, but nothing has been set in stone.
If you are interested in contributing your computing power to cure diseases, you can go to the Curecoin home page and start curing diseases from your home computer today."

Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 04:45:43 PM

Curecoin Article is Live!

http://thecoinfront.com/can-cryptocurrency-cure-disease/

"In an emerging alternative cryptocurrency market flooded with fear, uncertainty, and doubt, one coin has risen above the rest.

Curecoin has established itself as a cryptocurrency that is solving real world problems, and also bringing about a new level of transparency to the crypto community. With representatives recently attending the North American Bitcoin Conference in Chicago, part of the Curecoin development team showed off their project to the public.

The team took careful care to demonstrate exactly how Curecoin worked, as well as demonstrating the overall transparency of the project, which was launched on May 10, 2014 after over 6 months of development.

Protein Folding???
The Curecoin team has unofficially partnered with Stanford University to create the first cryptocurrency to legitimately use crowd-computing power for more than network security. While it is possible to use computing power to secure the Curecoin network (ASIC), GPU/CPU power can go directly towards “protein folding”. When you donate your computing power to fold proteins, you are solving equations to help cure different cancers, diabetes, Parkinson’s, and Alzheimer’s.

As the Curecoin team has traveled around the world to build their community, they have risen to the top of the “Folding At Home” team list, currently coming it at number ten. Currently the Stanford team is working on Ocore, which is a system to allow users to watch the teams fold the proteins in real time to bring an even higher level of transparency to the process. They already have an app in the Google Play store which lets you get in contact with them directly.

In addition, Curecoin 2.0 will be developed to accommodate changes in computing technology, after which Curecoin 1.0 will be absorbed into the new system. The team has talked of merchant integration and smart contracts for their next wave of development, but nothing has been set in stone.
If you are interested in contributing your computing power to cure diseases, you can go to the Curecoin home page and start curing diseases from your home computer today."

Sounds great, thank you!!

jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:04:44 AM

Hello.

Tnx.

so if I am reading this right. roughly 50 cure per day with a 4x7970 rig?

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 03:40:36 PM

Hello.

Tnx.

so if I am reading this right. roughly 50 cure per day with a 4x7970 rig?

Yup, somewhere around 12.5 coins per 7970 is reasonable.

Legionnairez

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:18:38 AM

I wonder why there's such a low volume on bittrex, both buyers and sellers waiting for a move?
At least in poloniex there's something happening.
boxuser

Activity: 322

Credits CRD 1st Decentralized Exchange coin

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:49:57 PM

can someone please tell me where a decent pool is? a working one preferred lol also one where a lot of ghash is

antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:24:32 PM

Can someone tell me where all the hashing is coming from?

I see two pools for sha256 basically with 2.0 Th/s but the network shows 35.7 Th/s.

Are there some private pools or solo mining? Or is that 35.7 Th/s including those folding?

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
r3animation

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:46:51 PM

I see two pools for sha256 basically with 2.0 Th/s but the network shows 35.7 Th/s.

Are there some private pools or solo mining? Or is that 35.7 Th/s including those folding?

I'm pretty sure that hashrate doesn't include folding at all.
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 10:33:17 PM

I'm pretty sure that hashrate doesn't include folding at all.

Yup, hashrate doesn't include folding. I would assume the rest of the hash rate is coming from private mining or private pools, in addition to eobot.

tc61

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:12:37 AM

Is it worth folding with a nvida 750ti?
beitris.dwlul

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:54:43 AM

best coin with worst traffic

22naru

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:24:50 AM

Is it worth folding with a nvida 750ti?

yes, nvidia 750ti is one of the best  for folding. make a quick research on google.
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: