Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:10:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696180 times)
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 12:45:46 AM

Hey guys, thanks for the interest in MintPal! I'm afraid Curecoin is too low-volume right now to float on MintPal unfortunately, and I doubt MintPal would be likely to re-add a coin that they already delisted due to low trading volume.

If enough people are interested, I'll reach out to MintPal, but I was personally planning to wait until the volume began to pick up a bit more, maybe closer to cc2.0 release, when we have some solid pieces of infrastructure proven working, and there is more community interest.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChasingTheDream

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 01:59:02 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 02:57:58 AM by ChasingTheDream

Hey guys, thanks for the interest in MintPal! I'm afraid Curecoin is too low-volume right now to float on MintPal unfortunately, and I doubt MintPal would be likely to re-add a coin that they already delisted due to low trading volume.

If enough people are interested, I'll reach out to MintPal, but I was personally planning to wait until the volume began to pick up a bit more, maybe closer to cc2.0 release, when we have some solid pieces of infrastructure proven working, and there is more community interest.

I didn't know CureCoin had been on MintPal before.  Oops!  I thought we was on the voting page for MintPal and then they discontinued the voting process but I was quite busy for a while and apparently missed it.  In any event, waiting for cc2.0 or sometime near it is fine with me.  Their new volume requirements are actually quite low now so delisting shouldn't be an issue in the future.

Yeah I hope CureCoin 2.0 brings in more interest.  It's a great cause and I thought a lot more people would be on-board and stay on-board.  That isn't to say team CureCoin hasn't been doing great.  I just thought a lot more GPU's would find there way here when they couldn't "mine" other coins profitably anymore.  Hopefully cc2.0's changes will bring in more people and keep them.  In the mean time I'll just keep accumulating cc1.0's.
shigataganai

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:59:44 PM

I suggest a vote to see what we all think on the matter Smiley

Personally I think getting on Mintpal will increase the volume and introduce new traders and miners to Curecoin.

I didn't know CureCoin had been on MintPal before.  Oops!  I thought we was on the voting page for MintPal and then they discontinued the voting process but I was quite busy for a while and apparently missed it.  In any event, waiting for cc2.0 or sometime near it is fine with me.  Their new volume requirements are actually quite low now so delisting shouldn't be an issue in the future.

Yeah I hope CureCoin 2.0 brings in more interest.  It's a great cause and I thought a lot more people would be on-board and stay on-board.  That isn't to say team CureCoin hasn't been doing great.  I just thought a lot more GPU's would find there way here when they couldn't "mine" other coins profitably anymore.  Hopefully cc2.0's changes will bring in more people and keep them.  In the mean time I'll just keep accumulating cc1.0's.

CureCoin was never on Mintpal. I think Vorksholk meant that if we get de-listed for low volume we would have lower chances of getting back in.
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 07:06:32 PM

I didn't know CureCoin had been on MintPal before.  Oops!  I thought we was on the voting page for MintPal and then they discontinued the voting process but I was quite busy for a while and apparently missed it.  In any event, waiting for cc2.0 or sometime near it is fine with me.  Their new volume requirements are actually quite low now so delisting shouldn't be an issue in the future.

Yeah I hope CureCoin 2.0 brings in more interest.  It's a great cause and I thought a lot more people would be on-board and stay on-board.  That isn't to say team CureCoin hasn't been doing great.  I just thought a lot more GPU's would find there way here when they couldn't "mine" other coins profitably anymore.  Hopefully cc2.0's changes will bring in more people and keep them.  In the mean time I'll just keep accumulating cc1.0's.

Oh, we were never on Mintpal. Just don't want to get added and then delisted due to low volume. Smiley

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:22:52 PM

being on a good exchange is important, but not enough to raise volume.
maybe the coin needs more (media) exposure, or some other idea to gain investors interest.

FifthGhostbuster

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:54:50 PM

being on a good exchange is important, but not enough to raise volume.
maybe the coin needs more (media) exposure, or some other idea to gain investors interest.

There are several efforts going towards pushing media we cannot express the details currently until closer to completion. If anyone has any input on how they think CureCoin could be pushed through media message me on here and we can take it into consideration. If it is a good idea I can help make it happen, assuming it is not already in the works Wink

Also if everyone for now could help us push through social media by sharing our pages and articles that have been posted about us on their social media could help out. You can find some of the articles on http://curecoin.net/index.php/en/inside-curecoin/dev-blog

I am still working out the details for the race for the Cure events, there were a few set backs on this...

Thanks again for everyone's support,

FifthGhostbuster

Go CureCoin!
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 12:57:38 AM

Took a break from coding curecoin core to do a bit of preliminary GUI mockups. This is what I came up with:

ChasingTheDream

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 04:49:58 AM

Took a break from coding curecoin core to do a bit of preliminary GUI mockups. This is what I came up with:

Looks good to me!
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:42:54 AM

Hey guys, is this somehow related to you ? - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0
ChristianVirtual

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:24:01 AM

I would right-Align the numbers in the upper and lower section of the screen. Easier to read.

Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 07:55:28 PM

I would right-Align the numbers in the upper and lower section of the screen. Easier to read.

Ah good point, I'll fix that. Smiley

Hey guys, is this somehow related to you ? - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0

Similar idea, however we are completely unaffiliated.

kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 02:10:31 AM

coin that really helps the world yet not popular enough..

this really sucks.

loving CURE idea.

mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:54:26 AM

Similar idea, however we are completely unaffiliated.

And I though he was just using you..
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:47:03 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 02:53:24 AM by ChasingTheDream

Congrats on position #7 in the F@H standing everyone!  In about 5 days and we will have the #6 spot as well!   Grin
FifthGhostbuster

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:05:47 PM

Congrats on position #7 in the F@H standing everyone!  In about 5 days and we will have the #6 spot as well!   Grin

Looking forward to it!

Go CureCoin!
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 12:09:30 AM

Moving right along! Cheesy

r3animation

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:57:19 AM

Any kind of ETA for CC 2.0?
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 02:29:12 PM

Any kind of ETA for CC 2.0?

I'd like to say it'll be fully released by February (full crossplatform GUI, crossplatform daemon, exchanges, cc1.0<->2.0 trade working, etc.), and we'll have public (no value) betas before that, but you know how software development goes. I also don't know how much time it'll take to get universities on-board and signing certificates, but if the community is fine with it, we could be the issuing authority until the universities are ready to switch over. I'm not a huge fan of that idea, but it's on the table.

Indigoman

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 02:19:37 AM

Hi

I am working on a couple of projects that I would like to integrate Curecoin in as I believe in what it stands for. Having said that, I'm hesitant to work on incorporating it at the time being when knowing there is a complete rewriting of the source code coming in Curecoin 2.0 . The projects i'm implementing rely heavily on the RPC API calls and on multisig transactions.

I have the following questions:

1- will Curecoin 2.0 support multisig addresses and transactions ?

2- will Curecoin 2.0 support RPC calls like the current client does? Will it provide the current API calls and add new ones or should I wait until the client is released and work with a complete new set of API calls? I don't want to waste time and energy by implementing applications relying on an API that will be outdated and deprecated on the next release.

3- Aside from the folding/research computations for the proof of work, will curecoin 2.0 have another system to maintain the security of the network? Possibly Proof of Stake like Peercoin (a coin I believe in the ideals behind it like I do in Curecoin) http://peercoin.net/minting  ? or Proof Of Resources like which is a new concept that is quite interesting to be used by Safecoin, a coin still in development http://www.safecoin.io/ ? I read in the article http://curecoinfolding.com/progress-updates-p2p-networking/ that a Proof of Capacity is being considered but i couldn't find more information on the topic of Proof of Capacity. Could you please elaborate on what other means of securing the network aside from doing the research computations will be?

4- will there be a set limit on the amount of curecoins generated like in the case of Bitcoin or will it have an inflationary and deflationary aspects that will balance each other like in the case of Peercoin without a preset cap on curecoins?

5- I come to understand that for research to be added, the researchers will have to setup a centralized certificate issuing entity for validation. How could research that is completely decentralized be included in Curecoin with the proposed certificate model? An example of decentralized research computations that doesn't require a central authority is the search for prime numbers like in the case of Primecoin http://primecoin.io/ . How would such research be included in the curecoin model without a central authority issuing certificates? I could see great potential in merging primecoin with the Curecoin 2.0. You would probably get all the supporters of Primecoin migrate to Curecoin 2.0 if the same kind of computation could be used a form of research computation used for mining Curecoin 2.0.

Looking forward to hearing back from you
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 12:46:58 PM

Hi

I am working on a couple of projects that I would like to integrate Curecoin in as I believe in what it stands for. Having said that, I'm hesitant to work on incorporating it at the time being when knowing there is a complete rewriting of the source code coming in Curecoin 2.0 . The projects i'm implementing rely heavily on the RPC API calls and on multisig transactions.

I have the following questions:

1- will Curecoin 2.0 support multisig addresses and transactions ?

2- will Curecoin 2.0 support RPC calls like the current client does? Will it provide the current API calls and add new ones or should I wait until the client is released and work with a complete new set of API calls? I don't want to waste time and energy by implementing applications relying on an API that will be outdated and deprecated on the next release.

3- Aside from the folding/research computations for the proof of work, will curecoin 2.0 have another system to maintain the security of the network? Possibly Proof of Stake like Peercoin (a coin I believe in the ideals behind it like I do in Curecoin) http://peercoin.net/minting  ? or Proof Of Resources like which is a new concept that is quite interesting to be used by Safecoin, a coin still in development http://www.safecoin.io/ ? I read in the article http://curecoinfolding.com/progress-updates-p2p-networking/ that a Proof of Capacity is being considered but i couldn't find more information on the topic of Proof of Capacity. Could you please elaborate on what other means of securing the network aside from doing the research computations will be?

4- will there be a set limit on the amount of curecoins generated like in the case of Bitcoin or will it have an inflationary and deflationary aspects that will balance each other like in the case of Peercoin without a preset cap on curecoins?

5- I come to understand that for research to be added, the researchers will have to setup a centralized certificate issuing entity for validation. How could research that is completely decentralized be included in Curecoin with the proposed certificate model? An example of decentralized research computations that doesn't require a central authority is the search for prime numbers like in the case of Primecoin http://primecoin.io/ . How would such research be included in the curecoin model without a central authority issuing certificates? I could see great potential in merging primecoin with the Curecoin 2.0. You would probably get all the supporters of Primecoin migrate to Curecoin 2.0 if the same kind of computation could be used a form of research computation used for mining Curecoin 2.0.

Looking forward to hearing back from you

Hey Indigo, good questions!

1.) Yup, full support for multisig addresses/transactions will be available. The process behind it will likely have to change due to the signature scheme we are working on, so there may be multisig 'accounts,' in which the blockchain has a written record of all the addresses involved in a multisig account, and can apply appropriate verification rules to make it behave similar to multisig. This will also allow you to sign on additional parties to the account.

2.) Curecoin will have a new API, since so much under the hood is changing. While we don't currently have a RPC reference of any sort, we're rebuilding the structure of interfacing with the daemon from scratch, so while some RPC calls will be very similar in function, there will be far more complicated ones to account for additional features.

3.) The blockchain should be secure enough using only a certificate system, given that certain rate-limiting rules are integrated into every node. However, I'm not opposed to putting some kind of Proof of Stake or Proof of Capacity into the currency. If you would like to look at a current example of Proof-Of-Capacity, check out Burstcoin. Smiley

4.) There will be a limited amount of coins that can be minted using certificate mining (however this will be stretched out over a very long period of time, and will be practical for encouraging computational research far into the future). If we implement a Proof-Of-Stake model, then we will see some form of interest, which will be rate-limited, but not limited to an actual final quantity. Hopefully that makes sense, let me know if you'd like me to clarify that one.

5.) Unfortunately the design of a certificate system would require some authority to issue the certificates. For a very specific set of mathematical research, the solutions could be proven in the blockchain, however we don't plan to implement that feature, unless we can find a robust way to do so. Our logic essentially follows that *most* ground-breaking research requires fairly significant human intervention, from creating the workunits to be crunched for protein folding to developing climate predictions based on variables that scientists want to manipulate to best study their subject area. The few exceptions to such research are of course ones like Primecoin or Riecoin where the network looks for numbers that fit a given pattern that can be verified by the network. In order to do so, the Curecoin network would need a means of validating the work submitted, which, given the scope of potential research offered by deterministic work generation, doesn't seem terribly practical. That being said, if an extremely interesting research project which could behave in a decentralized manner was developed, the validation of that project could be added in a similar manner as adding an additional university to the network--and would require a client update.

Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: