Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:16:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ORA :: NXT 'monetary system' currency  (Read 181161 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:36:20 PM

I There are two "0" with my name in the stakeholder's list. I have to do someting to have my stake at the launch ?

Please check the following before distribution (will happen sometime in the next few days):

1. Make sure your NXT ID does not come from an exchange website. If it doesn't, skip to step #2.
If it does, please instead download and use the client at http://www.nxt.org
Then PM me your new NXT ID.

2. Make sure your NXT ID is searchable in the block explorer. If it's not, use a faucet to receive some free NXT.
Explorer: http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi
Faucet: http://nxtra.org/faucet

3. Make sure your NXT ID is safe by obtaining a public key. This is easily done by making an outgoing transaction. For example, send 1 NXT to us.
Send to: 16181825518035993199

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:45:26 PM

Here is my Grand plan how to make ORA the best coin out there.

And do that fast, cheap and with all the promised features. Add to that the fairest distribution we already have and you have a true winner.

As a byproduct this also solves the question – ‘What to do with the remaining free stakes’

Use the code of Bitshares. Why?

a. Technically –it has extremely fast block times -10-15 seconds. It has implemented security features (TITAN) in it already. In a month or so it will have exchange build on it. INHO it is the state of the art at this moment. So why not use the best available?

b. It is free and available – saves both time and money in Ora development.

c. There is certain negative PR in being a clone of somebody. BUT their (Bitshares) condition to not be a clone but kind of part of them is ‘The coin to distribute at least 10%  to 2 categories they have determined as their core supporters. That is 20% total
Ora has about 35.2% of free stakes available for distribution. So 20% can be used for that and there will still be about 15% left!

IMHO it will be a great decision for Ora.  And with its fair distribution model the sky is the limit.

This is an interesting idea. Would love to hear more opinions on it.  Cool
bytemaster

Activity: 770
Merit: 566

fractally

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 09:19:55 PM

And do that fast, cheap and with all the promised features. Add to that the fairest distribution we already have and you have a true winner.

As a byproduct this also solves the question – ‘What to do with the remaining free stakes’

a. Technically –it has extremely fast block times -10-15 seconds. It has implemented security features (TITAN) in it already. In a month or so it will have exchange build on it. INHO it is the state of the art at this moment. So why not use the best available?

c. There is certain negative PR in being a clone of somebody. BUT their (Bitshares) condition to not be a clone but kind of part of them is ‘The coin to distribute at least 10%  to 2 categories they have determined as their core supporters. That is 20% total
Ora has about 35.2% of free stakes available for distribution. So 20% can be used for that and there will still be about 15% left!

IMHO it will be a great decision for Ora.  And with its fair distribution model the sky is the limit.

I would welcome discussion on our forums:  bitsharestalk.org    Having only spent a couple minutes reading the OP it seems like there is more discussion on distribution than on what value the system will provide:

1) What new POS algorithm?
2) Why not DPOS?
3) What language?

Based upon our experience you can expect at least 6 months to develop a basic system with a large team and funding.  I would not recommend someone attempt that without really solid reasons.

What goal are you trying to achieve that BitShares does not?

https://fractally.com - the next generation of decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs).
u5sos

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:21:15 PM

+1 I'd like it

jshow5555

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:41:52 PM

I would welcome discussion on our forums:  bitsharestalk.org    Having only spent a couple minutes reading the OP it seems like there is more discussion on distribution than on what value the system will provide:

2) Why not DPOS?
3) What language?

Based upon our experience you can expect at least 6 months to develop a basic system with a large team and funding.  I would not recommend someone attempt that without really solid reasons.

bytemaster , btw is the lead developer of Bitshares (and CEO, I think, of the company developing the Bitshares software.)

Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:09:50 PM

Is the stakeholder registration still on? Do I need a NXT account? I do not have one.
I had missed this announcement earlier, hoping there are still stakes left to distribute.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:50:28 AM

What happens if this coin surpasses Qora in capitalization?   Huh

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:30:09 AM

It'll mean the Qora dev is doing rather terrible job PR-wise.
raveldoni

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:40:55 AM

Is the stakeholder registration still on? Do I need a NXT account? I do not have one.
I had missed this announcement earlier, hoping there are still stakes left to distribute.

Registrations are closed for now. You can still create a NXT account and look out for future announcement.

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄   
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
U

Activity: 503
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:34:45 AM

The Ora Stakeholder list has been finalized! [Link]

Now for some stats.
I'm going to split up the different phases we've gone through for easy overview.
Keep in mind all phases except #1 have been ongoing and very nonlinear.
The order of the phases below is just a way to present the final numbers in a clear way, this is why these stats may differ with others posted earlier.

Phase 1 - Registration
Number of entries after phase end: 2184

Phase 2 - Automatic sock-puppet removal
Number of entries after phase end: 1274
Note: A "non-sockpuppet" is an entry which the system has not detected and flagged as a...you guessed it, sockpuppet. Simply put these entries seemingly followed the rule about only 1 stake per household in the OP.

Phase 3 - BTT ID verification
Number of entries after phase end: 1095
Note: People had to either post in a topic (it was soon closed) or later, confirm their account by sending me a PM.

Phase 4 - Manual sock-puppet removal
Number of entries after phase end: 887 (these are the entries in final stakeholder list)
Note: We scraped BTT profiles and checked against a number of different things to spot obvious cases.

Phase 5 - NXT ID verification
Number of entries after phase end: 887
Entries not yet in block explorer: 49 ("0" in the third column)
Entries without public key: 99  ("0" in the forth column)
Note: Just before the list is sent for distribution (you can probably expect a date for this shortly), one last check and update will be made for the two nxt columns. This means there's still time to fix so you're searchable in the nxt block explorer, if you need to do this.

Cool
Tks.Mac Red.

Bitcoin Ethereum TERA
storamjet

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:54:10 AM

I heard a lot about this, Mac Red and Kora did a wonderful job, I wish good luck for Ora!
Kora (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:01:09 AM

Kora, possible for you to check max char for the asset description. I am away from my pc for the next 12 hrs at least.

Max characters for the asset description is 1000.

valarmg is testing the asset distribution script on the NXT testnet!
https://nxtforum.org/asset-exchange-general/dividend-payment-service/msg69984/#msg69984

Remember to count carriage return/line feed characters in that 1000 limit.  As it stands, with your text placeholders, the description is at 1016 characters.

Good point, thanks Smiley

Kora (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:45:40 AM

2) Why not DPOS?
3) What language?

Thanks for the suggestion jshow5555, & thanks to bytemaster for sharing your experience with us Smiley

I'm sure our lead developer, nioccoin, will happily take on board this suggestion for further consideration. I'm not a developer myself, but I think I understand the big picture elements of bitshares, and I like the direction a lot.

As for MY goal with ORA, I'm trying to start a community based around a few key ideas, and then see if that community can start working together to create something we all value. As a non-dev, I think I have a good grasp of the basics, but I'll leave the tech decisions up to the more expert members of our community. I do favour PoS over PoW, and I'm far more interested in helping to create a P2P platform that people can build applications on, rather than just another crypto currency token, but I know I wont have a huge voice in helping to make those decisions.

What I do hope to have an influence on is the ORA 'vibe', or how we do things, and how we treat each other. What our collective values might be as we grow and get bigger. I think those aspects are very important in determining how successful an organisation ends up being, especially when it comes to attracting & keeping good people. I know in my own circumstances I will often accept a lower salary to work for an employer who provides a more enjoyable work environment where the people are supportive & I'm given more autonomy over my work schedule.

I don't know how things are run in the Bitshares community in any detail, but I think you guys are probably trying to create a supportive welcoming atmosphere for new comers too.

To get a little more specific, I want to encourage stakeholders to use the ORA tokens we distribute in a few days to 'tip' people who do things that they like. If we all put our NXT addresses in our signatures, then we can send a few ORA and let people know we appreciated someone else's contribution. It could be a good idea in a post, or setting up a website, or writing a newbie guide, or eventually some great development work. Whatever it is, if someone does something you like, let them know, and send some ORA 'love' their way.

The other goal I have for ORA is the organisational structure. Decentralised, leaderless, and hopefully able to function using 'starfish' organising principles, with some 'direct democracy' thrown in via the NXT voting system.

If ORA ends up being a vibrant welcoming community that values people, and collectively we support & promote an effective decentralised crypto platform, then I'll be very content, and if that platform ended up being based on Bitshares that would be fine with me, assuming our tech people decided that was the best course of action.

On the tech side I'm very open minded, and I'll follow the best advice of the tech guys who join us!

Kora (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:26:44 AM

What happens if this coin surpasses Qora in capitalization?   Huh

ORA & Qora can both be extremely successful at the same time. I hope it's clear by now that ORA is trying to be more than just a straight clone of Qora. Like most people on this forum, I'm a big believer in open source software development, but I strongly advise the Qora dev & those Qora community members advising him to NOT release the Qora source code until they think it's in their own interest. Open source promotes innovation & excellence IMO, but nobody should be forced into it too early!

ORA isn't trying to damage Qora, anymore than NHZ or NODE or NTX or NFD or NAS are trying to damage NXT. I don't doubt that the existence of ORA has made some Qora investors nervous, but that's not my attitude. I own a sizeable holding of Qora too, and I think my investment is safe. I wont make any predictions about future marketcap of either, but I do believe Qora & ORA can both be very successful. PoS has a better future than PoW, and I believe the future total market cap for ALL crypto will be in the trillions within 10 years, so there's plenty of room for massive growth for both.

I understand the logic behind the 'network effect', but I also believe in the power of consumer choice, and I think it's highly likely that as long as ALL crypto currencies are interchangeable at the point of use into any other currency (including fiat), then there's a HUGE scope for 'branding'. When we go shopping, why are there 15 brands of margarine, or 5 brands of peanut butter, or 10 brands of bottled WATER? Generic products, but so many 'clones' of the same basic product, why??

Because people like brands, maybe, I don't really understand, but it's a reality. People like choice, and just a slight difference between two essentially identical products can make some consumers prefer one over the other. It doesn't make sense, but people make illogical choices because we're humans, and not vulcans.

As long as ALL long term viable crypto coins are easily exchangeable by the end users, many will exist for reasons other than the tech. Doge is proof of this!

ORA *probably* wont be a straight 100% clone of Qora anyway, but even if it was, if ORA was branded differently it *could* exist in a completely different niche market, and still be 10 billion market cap. And Qora could be 10 billion too in a different niche market.

Why are there literally 8 different brands of milk on sale at my local supermarket? Some can be 25-200% more expensive than the cheapest brand, but some people obviously still buy the expensive one, why? Branding MUST be part of it, but there surely are more reasons too. A slight difference in something seemingly unimportant can make a difference to *some* people. Add a nicer label, add some vitamins, have a photo of a 'happy family' on the label, have some TV advertising ... call it 'doge milk'. Doesn't make logical sense, but we all know that's what happens in a free market.

The network effect might NOT be as important as some people think. If everyone is using a point-of-sale Ripple-like system to  exchange instantaneously any currency into any other currency, then lots of currencies can exist at the same time.

Qora & ORA can both be successful, and Qora can always borrow from ORA down the track!

doubi

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:50:15 AM

are you a doupi,The total so much, so little share,the coin have be the doupi dve killed  Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
tomavbttt

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:02:05 PM

Assets issued a specific time? We all know that in this week. I participate in a bit late, there is no chance.
shadowphoenix

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:32:33 PM

What happens if this coin surpasses Qora in capitalization?   Huh

ORA & Qora can both be extremely successful at the same time. I hope it's clear by now that ORA is trying to be more than just a straight clone of Qora. Like most people on this forum, I'm a big believer in open source software development, but I strongly advise the Qora dev & those Qora community members advising him to NOT release the Qora source code until they think it's in their own interest. Open source promotes innovation & excellence IMO, but nobody should be forced into it too early!

ORA isn't trying to damage Qora, anymore than NHZ or NODE or NTX or NFD or NAS are trying to damage NXT. I don't doubt that the existence of ORA has made some Qora investors nervous, but that's not my attitude. I own a sizeable holding of Qora too, and I think my investment is safe. I wont make any predictions about future marketcap of either, but I do believe Qora & ORA can both be very successful. PoS has a better future than PoW, and I believe the future total market cap for ALL crypto will be in the trillions within 10 years, so there's plenty of room for massive growth for both.

I understand the logic behind the 'network effect', but I also believe in the power of consumer choice, and I think it's highly likely that as long as ALL crypto currencies are interchangeable at the point of use into any other currency (including fiat), then there's a HUGE scope for 'branding'. When we go shopping, why are there 15 brands of margarine, or 5 brands of peanut butter, or 10 brands of bottled WATER? Generic products, but so many 'clones' of the same basic product, why??

Because people like brands, maybe, I don't really understand, but it's a reality. People like choice, and just a slight difference between two essentially identical products can make some consumers prefer one over the other. It doesn't make sense, but people make illogical choices because we're humans, and not vulcans.

As long as ALL long term viable crypto coins are easily exchangeable by the end users, many will exist for reasons other than the tech. Doge is proof of this!

ORA *probably* wont be a straight 100% clone of Qora anyway, but even if it was, if ORA was branded differently it *could* exist in a completely different niche market, and still be 10 billion market cap. And Qora could be 10 billion too in a different niche market.

Why are there literally 8 different brands of milk on sale at my local supermarket? Some can be 25-200% more expensive than the cheapest brand, but some people obviously still buy the expensive one, why? Branding MUST be part of it, but there surely are more reasons too. A slight difference in something seemingly unimportant can make a difference to *some* people. Add a nicer label, add some vitamins, have a photo of a 'happy family' on the label, have some TV advertising ... call it 'doge milk'. Doesn't make logical sense, but we all know that's what happens in a free market.

The network effect might NOT be as important as some people think. If everyone is using a point-of-sale Ripple-like system to  exchange instantaneously any currency into any other currency, then lots of currencies can exist at the same time.

Qora & ORA can both be successful, and Qora can always borrow from ORA down the track!

agree! I also own Qora and think it's great. most people probably understand both can exist at the same time. we don't need to damage or kill that coin to be successful. we're even supporting it by giving their dev a share. Smiley
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:34:50 PM

The network effect might NOT be as important as some people think. If everyone is using a point-of-sale Ripple-like system to  exchange instantaneously any currency into any other currency, then lots of currencies can exist at the same time.

agree! I also own Qora and think it's great. most people probably understand both can exist at the same time. we don't need to damage or kill it to be successful.

agreed , both ORA and qora can exist together , there is enough space for both of them.
Pentamon

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 04:18:08 PM

The network effect might NOT be as important as some people think. If everyone is using a point-of-sale Ripple-like system to  exchange instantaneously any currency into any other currency, then lots of currencies can exist at the same time.

agree! I also own Qora and think it's great. most people probably understand both can exist at the same time. we don't need to damage or kill it to be successful.

agreed , both ORA and qora can exist together , there is enough space for both of them.

Thank you for stating that very well, Kora.
I tip my hat, and some NXT, or even better, some Ora to you!
(working on an Ora-shoutout....)

There are some ecological researchers that seem to think that in a mature systems, ideally about seven species will compete for a certain resource. Seven being the sort of optimal number. These forces also seem to translate into other environments: check it out: are there about seven fast food competitors in your town?

Pentamon

http://www.oraforum.org  *  Yoda: "One stake to every human give!"
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 05:42:27 PM

How can it trade on poloniex, bter, cryptsy,...?

First ORA shall released on NXT asset exchange, but for now is no ETA!?!?

poloniex... will take along, if ORA need so long to be released as NXT asset  Cheesy

Has ORA Been distributed yet to our NXT wallets or not yet? When it is I want to make another blog post.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: