Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:41:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ORA :: NXT 'monetary system' currency  (Read 181161 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:48:45 AM

Mac Red well done! I don't think there will be major dump as dump are created by sock-puppet, and all these greedy people has been removed,there will be hardly anyone dumping so expect Kora to go to the moon, wait and see!

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hazubai

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:02:00 AM

Dumping is allways a chance to buy cheap.  Grin

fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:07:05 AM

The good thing imo about this launch on the AE is the fact that their is no coin or no value to ORA assets and therefore no dump. An ORA asset will be worth 0 until someone decides to buy 1 or sell 1 for whatever amount. The market will decide the value based on the future promise of the coin and if a dumper wants to sell at this price, no problem. Others will buy as the market value is already set.
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:48:38 AM

Looks good.
Just one thing to consider though when it comes to redeeming ORA asset tokens for ORA. It could turn out to be a massive chore with thousands of ORA assets accounts all with different balances. I think this is why NEM limited their assets to 1000 stakes divisible by 10. Also there needs to be a time limit declared for people to convert after which your assets will no longer be exchangeable (NEM has a limit of a few months I believe)

wp on the 5 NXT btw

Good points! I'm hoping we can script an automated process to handle the redemptions when the time comes.

I want the asset description to be general where it can be (coz we don't have an exact road map yet), but I want some things to be very clear.

For many people the asset description will be their first introduction to ORA, and I want to make it clear that buying ORA assets does not guarantee delivery of ORA coins. I really hope that we get to the 'redemption' day intact so to say, but none of us can guarantee that. I'm trying hard to make sure nobody gets burnt (that's why I favour FREE stakes), but new people will be paying for ORA assets, and they need to get a quick overview of the history of ORA, and the risk involved in investing. I know we can refer people to the website for details, but many people wont, so the asset description needs to be inviting, but honest about the risks involved! 1000 characters is enough, but I'm not a very good word smith lol

Nem also put ann when they start to sell Nem stakes on NXt asset. Maybe we can copy their ann for risk involved

IOTA
Kora (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:08:29 PM

@Mac Red You're doing an awesome job with this project man  Smiley
You're methodical and organized and those are very important qualities for efficient management.
Kora made a wise choice picking you to be part of the team  Wink

+1000

I couldn't agree more! Mac Red has done an amazing job, and I could not have asked for a better collaborator on the initial stakeholder registration! Our stakeholder list has rock solid 'integrity', and that is super important for a PoS coin with a 100% 'premine', and I couldn't be happier with how this phase of ORA has gone!

Mac Red and I agreed back in May that it was better to do some planning, and try and learn from the strengths & weaknesses of other coins, and I think the stakeholder list we've ended up with confirms that we made the right decision. Plan, and take the time needed to get things right!

Once the distribution happens next week I'm hoping the collective focus will move to new areas, but we can always be proud of our origins, and we have a good story to tell. ORA's initial distribution was FREE & FAIR, and managed extremely efficiently, and I'm hopeful the ORA community will continue to operate this way in the future & follow Mac Red's great example!

Having said that, I would like to take this opportunity to invite ALL stakeholders to get active and help ORA grow & progress. (and non-stakeholders too who may have heard of ORA too late to register, but who might plan to buy some ORA assets and join our community). 

Our lead developer, nioccoin, is currently preparing his dev road map which he'll no doubt share with us when he's ready, but a successful crypto currency and P2P network needs more than just a skilled & experienced developer. ORA needs a vibrant & active community supporting it, and If you've been following ORA so far, and you like some of the things we're trying to do, and you like the 'vibe' we've got going (which IMO feels pretty good & supportive at the moment), THEN JOIN US!

We don't have a leader, and we never will, but we do have some extremely powerful tools at our disposal to help us work effectively together as a decentralised 'starfish' community (like the NXT voting system, and the ability to pay bounties to key community members & tip each other for good work & ideas DURING the bootstrapping development phase).

ORA has the potential to become something pretty cool, and it *could* be very successful in the future, but it wont unless it attracts the key ingredient ALL successful community based organisations & projects need - PEOPLE WHO CARE ENOUGH TO GET INVOLVED!

Please consider getting involved with ORA. If you have some time & and some skills, and you'd like to help, Go for it!! You don't need to ask for permission! Even if you're like me and don't have many relevant IT or developer skills, you can still contribute in many other ways. Every person who is interested in ORA can help in some way Smiley

Kora (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:58:36 PM

The good thing imo about this launch on the AE is the fact that their is no coin or no value to ORA assets and therefore no dump. An ORA asset will be worth 0 until someone decides to buy 1 or sell 1 for whatever amount. The market will decide the value based on the future promise of the coin and if a dumper wants to sell at this price, no problem. Others will buy as the market value is already set.

That's a great point fragout! My crystal ball is still cloudy, so I'm not making any predictions on what will happen with the ORA asset price after we distribute next week, but I'm not expecting ORA to have much value for quite a while. Paradoxically, I do think most stakeholders will 'value' ORA for its long term potential, and as I'm very confident we've eliminated the possibility of a mass sockpuppet dump, I think ORA is setup for a communal HODL, so there might not be much selling either. Where the price ends up probably depends more on the demand side, are there many people wanting to buy?

Some people might hedge and sell part of their stake early, but that motivation usually follows the imperative to make back your initial investment quickly (in case of early coin implosion), and as ORA stakes are FREE, I think it's *possible* most stakeholders will take a wait and see attitude. It'll be fascinating either way (I'm excited no matter what as the 'experiment' side of ORA is getting interesting now Smiley )

There is an obvious 'elephant in the room' now though. We've enjoyed many benefits from having FREE stakes up until now, but the obvious downside from giving ORA stakes away for free is our only dev & community funds will be ORA stakes!

If ORA doesn't end up being 'valuable' it'll mean we don't have a lot of 'value' to pay our developers & key community workers doing vital tasks like marketing and setting up websites & nodes and other infrastructure. This is a problem we need to start thinking about now!

I don't like working for free, and I suspect everyone else feels the same. Even if you're engaged in a 'labour of love', you still have expenses to pay, so even if you're happy to work for little or no compensation, you still need sufficient funds to pay for expenses.

The ORA community will have many expenses to pay, so where do these funds come from? I don't have a definitive answer for this.

Eventually I think ORA *could* be valuable, but that's medium term IMO, and early on I'm fully aware that paying someone a bounty in ORA tokens for spending hours working on projects for ORA might be a struggle. What web host will accept ORA asset tokens any time soon?

For the two key developers I've agreed to pay each a modest personal bounty in bitcoins in recognition of their commitment of time & skill to a fledgling project with an uncertain outcome, and the risk they take with their stake payment (i.e. 5% stake in a dead coin has ZERO value), but obviously I can't pay a personal bounty to everyone who deserves one who comes later.

One option is we start a bitcoin (and other alt coin) donation fund to get some 'hard currency' to help us pay for things. We can explore this option further as a community, but we would need to have full transparency for all donation accounts, and I would not be comfortable accepting any donations personally. We could use our community treasurers if they were willing, or we could use a trusted third party to accept & control any donated funds.

Anyway, we all should be aware that the only community funds ORA has at the moment are ORA assets, and if they have little value for a while, we don't have a lot of resources to pay for necessary expenses. I'm open to ideas!

sparta_cuss

Activity: 386

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 01:58:05 AM

How do we get a nxt id public key guys, im using mynxt.info

can somebody send some nxt to this account so i can make an outgoing transaction Smiley

nxtra not working

Kora said he would be sending everyone 5 Nxt for voting. You might want to ask him when he will do that. If soon, you will be able to make a transaction that will give you account a public key.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=620518.msg7998165#msg7998165

I will send you some Nxt when I log in if you don't have any by then.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
LemonAndFries

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 02:08:37 AM

Can't wait!  Cheesy
escapeX

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:17:31 AM

even though i'm not on the list,i have to say ora is better than nem

sparta_cuss

Activity: 386

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:44:46 AM

can somebody send some nxt to this account so i can make an outgoing transaction Smiley

nxtra not working

Kora said he would be sending everyone 5 Nxt for voting. You might want to ask him when he will do that. If soon, you will be able to make a transaction that will give you account a public key.

I just sent you 10 NXT. Enjoy!

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
Kora (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:10:53 AM

Asset distribution plugin has been released!
Valarmg has finished the asset distribution plugin!
https://nxtforum.org/nxtservices-releases/nxtservices_div-test-release-for-dividend-calculations-at-any-block/msg70712/#msg70712

That means we're ready to go when Darkhorse is back online early next week!!

Congratulations to valarmg! It's hard not to be impressed by the NXT community & their developers!

Kora (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:22:50 AM

nxtra not working

Thanks for helping out sparta_cuss!!

I'll need to wait until the dividend component of the plugin is finished before I can send everyone on the stakeholder list their 5 NXT. I guess there's a good chance that'll be ready next week when we do the ORA asset distribution. valarmg kindly completed the asset distribution component first.

Up until now valarmg has been providing a dividend payment service for different asset issuers himself, but once the plugin is finished asset issuers will be able to do their own dividend payments quite easily, and it would be good to help test this functionality out on mainnet! Certainly beats doing ~900 manual transfers Smiley

ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 07:36:19 AM

That's a great point fragout! My crystal ball is still cloudy, so I'm not making any predictions on what will happen with the ORA asset price after we distribute next week, but I'm not expecting ORA to have much value for quite a while. Paradoxically, I do think most stakeholders will 'value' ORA for its long term potential, and as I'm very confident we've eliminated the possibility of a mass sockpuppet dump, I think ORA is setup for a communal HODL, so there might not be much selling either. Where the price ends up probably depends more on the demand side, are there many people wanting to buy?

Some people might hedge and sell part of their stake early, but that motivation usually follows the imperative to make back your initial investment quickly (in case of early coin implosion), and as ORA stakes are FREE, I think it's *possible* most stakeholders will take a wait and see attitude. It'll be fascinating either way (I'm excited no matter what as the 'experiment' side of ORA is getting interesting now Smiley )

There is an obvious 'elephant in the room' now though. We've enjoyed many benefits from having FREE stakes up until now, but the obvious downside from giving ORA stakes away for free is our only dev & community funds will be ORA stakes!

If ORA doesn't end up being 'valuable' it'll mean we don't have a lot of 'value' to pay our developers & key community workers doing vital tasks like marketing and setting up websites & nodes and other infrastructure. This is a problem we need to start thinking about now!

I don't like working for free, and I suspect everyone else feels the same. Even if you're engaged in a 'labour of love', you still have expenses to pay, so even if you're happy to work for little or no compensation, you still need sufficient funds to pay for expenses.

The ORA community will have many expenses to pay, so where do these funds come from? I don't have a definitive answer for this.

Eventually I think ORA *could* be valuable, but that's medium term IMO, and early on I'm fully aware that paying someone a bounty in ORA tokens for spending hours working on projects for ORA might be a struggle. What web host will accept ORA asset tokens any time soon?

For the two key developers I've agreed to pay each a modest personal bounty in bitcoins in recognition of their commitment of time & skill to a fledgling project with an uncertain outcome, and the risk they take with their stake payment (i.e. 5% stake in a dead coin has ZERO value), but obviously I can't pay a personal bounty to everyone who deserves one who comes later.

One option is we start a bitcoin (and other alt coin) donation fund to get some 'hard currency' to help us pay for things. We can explore this option further as a community, but we would need to have full transparency for all donation accounts, and I would not be comfortable accepting any donations personally. We could use our community treasurers if they were willing, or we could use a trusted third party to accept & control any donated funds.

Anyway, we all should be aware that the only community funds ORA has at the moment are ORA assets, and if they have little value for a while, we don't have a lot of resources to pay for necessary expenses. I'm open to ideas!

I understand that it would not be very wise to not consider worst case scenarios. Still I don't think we need to worry. We've got a major advantage over most coins, we've got a wide and fair distribution in the initial stage. Unavoidably some people will dump but that's ok. Dumpers are part of the ecosystem and are as valuable as hoarders. They help spread the coins even further. I think at this stage we need to focus on getting the word out about ORA. It'll also help to make ORA available for trading on as many exchanges as possible, as soon as possible (without getting too obsessive about it of course). People are lazy and we should make it easy for them. Anyone should be able to buy ORA on a whim through their favorite exchange rather than having to create a new account on an unfamiliar exchange just to buy our coin.
BTW I'll happily retweet any tweets pertaining to ORA, I don't have a gazillion of followers but every bit counts  Wink
Terrible

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 11:38:42 AM

https://nxtforum.org/nxtservices-releases/nxtservices_div-test-release-for-dividend-calculations-at-any-block/msg70712/#msg70712

http://i57.tinypic.com/28qrwj6.png

Congratulations to valarmg! It's hard not to be impressed by the NXT community & their developers!

Finally, good news! Then ORA is distributed early next week  Huh
franckuestein
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130

Truth will out!

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 11:55:32 AM

We have to install it in order to receive the coins?

I think that this is the download link --> and we have to follow the instructions that are listed there?
Thanks!

[ AVAILABLE SIGNATURE SPACE ]
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:21:57 PM

Great news , so finally ORA is ready for distribution , nice job Kora and the team.
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:15:04 PM

sorry if this has been said before but I can not see in the front page..how many ora coins will be available in total? I know we are around 800 stakeholders, its to calculate how many coins are per stake

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
franckuestein
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130

Truth will out!

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 10:33:49 PM

I think that this is the download link --> and we have to follow the instructions that are listed there?
Thanks!

Please, any dev can reply to this? I think that's really important to explain how we can obtain that coins  Cheesy Maybe explain what we have to do on Windows, Linux and Mac to install It and receive the coins.

Thanks a lot, guys!

[ AVAILABLE SIGNATURE SPACE ]
jshow5555

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:26:44 AM

sorry if this has been said before but I can not see in the front page..how many ora coins will be available in total? I know we are around 800 stakeholders, its to calculate how many coins are per stake

I second that question.

I particular:

-Any decision on the total (K) Ora supply. OP suggests 50 mil, is this still valid and is any decision been made?

-About NXT AE stakes – are they gonna be NEM, style i.e.  One stake representing a lot future coins and divisible in up to 10 parts, or it will reflect the actual # of future shares?

- Voting on things is great. Voting on one and the same thing over and over is not likely to produce hugely different results. So, I or you not liking the result of the vote will not change it! Please just say you have decided to give the remaining stakes - 50% to current stake holders and the other 50% are kept and at a later point in time decision will be made on the best way to distribute them.

Kora (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:25:48 AM

Thanks!

Please, any dev can reply to this? I think that's really important to explain how we can obtain that coins  Cheesy Maybe explain what we have to do on Windows, Linux and Mac to install It and receive the coins.

Thanks a lot, guys!

Stakeholders don't need to install anything Smiley

The link & graphic I posted yesterday regarding the asset distribution plugin is what we'll use to SEND everyone their ORA tokens.

Everyone on the stakeholder list has already supplied us with a NXT address, and we'll use the asset distribution plugin to send out the ORA assets. We could have done it manually, but as I knew the asset distribution plugin was close to finishing I thought it would be great to test it out on a 'live asset' for the NXT dev team.

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: