Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:27:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ORA :: NXT 'monetary system' currency  (Read 181161 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
trunzo

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:25:46 PM

The name has changed to "ORA"?  Shocked
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PL_CoinTrader

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:34:17 PM

Since we are going on NXT AE, what will the price of those stakes?

Its a free market. The price can range from anywhere to anywhere.

As Darkhorse rightly points out, the market will decide the price. I think it's safe to assume some stakeholders will dump almost immediately, and some people who missed the registration, (or didn't bother as they thought ORA was a scam or a joke) might quickly jump in and buy up the dumped stakes to immunise themselves against "oh no, I missed another one" syndrome.

I'm hopeful a good solid % of stakeholders will hodl and take a 'wait and see attitude'. I'd be quite surprised if the price went very high any time soon, but who knows, this is crypto and anything can happen!

I do know that being able to issue ORA tokens on the NXT AE BEFORE we have any working code makes ORA fundamentally different to other crypto offerings. NEM is close, but they haven't issued 1:1 with their coin supply, and not all the NEM stakes are on the NXT AE.

100% of ORA will be trading on the NXT AE on day 1, and for a coin in development, the ability to trade & value ORA during 'construction' is unique as far as I know. The market can judge every step of our development. That's pretty cool, and as the stakes are free, I'm hoping nobody gets burnt! Remember, ORA is an experiment, and none of us know where this will end up.

ORA's value will be based initially on the markets judgement of our collective potential, and over time if we gain the markets confidence, and we work well together as a community, and we support & help nio and any other developers who join the team, there's nothing to say we can't be a very successful coin.

I'm always thinking longer term with ORA, and I'll put in some buy orders after we complete the distribution to make sure the dumpers can exit quietly.

I'm optimistic Smiley I think ORA has a good story to tell, and with nio as our lead dev, we can create a really great coin. Maybe top 20, maybe even top 10 .. but lets concentrate on the immediate goals. Finish the distribution, build a community, support the dev team, and enjoy the ride!!

Very promising words. Smiley
To be honest: I'll dump if the price is overvalued but I would totally buy the Ora back because so far this project seems very promising and I like to see how much effort you put in this project.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:40:31 PM

any ETA about release on NXT-AE?
begau

Activity: 790
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:43:11 PM

I used to NXT address of Cryptsy. Have I change it?
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:44:06 PM

Since we are going on NXT AE, what will the price of those stakes?

Price of the stake will be as per the demand in the market. So anything can happen Wink
amy4to

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:48:45 PM

come on!Let's transcend NEM!! Grin
LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:49:23 PM

I used to NXT address of Cryptsy. Have I change it?
I think you should download the nxt client and get your nxt addy changed.
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:06:55 PM

Patience. We are waiting for the automated distribution script to be completed.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 05:42:48 PM

Patience. We are waiting for the automated distribution script to be completed.

Only a few days to go then, I read today on the forum that it will be ready soon!

atchoum6760
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1063

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:45:52 PM

I'm optimist with ORA  !

Kora (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:01:08 AM

Distribution should happen early next week!

We'll have the final stakeholder list completed later today, and Darkhorse will create the ORA asset once I've finished the asset description, and then it's just a matter of waiting for the distribution script to be completed. Once that's done the distribution will happen in the blink of an eye (hopefully) Smiley

While we wait I suggest people start considering how we will use the NXT voting system to decide what to do with the left over stakes.

The NXT voting system is such a powerful tool for decentralised decision making, but it might take a while to work out how to maximise its effectiveness.

A possible voting procedure might look like this:
1 -Community member(s) suggest we decide an issue, or option, or particular course of action with a vote
2 -We use some mechanism for gauging community opinion, does the suggested 'issue' require a vote (i.e not all issues need a vote, but this is subjective)
3- If step 2 confirms a vote is needed, we then need a way to put the "issue" into distinct options
4 -We setup the vote using the NXT voting system
5 -We vote!!

I don't under estimate how difficult this process might be for some issues, but if we can make it work it would be AMAZING, and very effective!!

The left over stake issue is a good test case. A direct democracy has a lot of advantages, but it *could* be messy sometimes, politics always is, no matter what system we use. There are always people who don't get what they want, but if they believe in the 'process' they can accept the result. That is what we're going for IMO, we all support the process!

Anyone who wants to prepare themselves for the "left over stakes" vote can learn more about the NXT voting system here:
https://nxtforum.org/voting-system/

I asked a question here - https://nxtforum.org/voting-system/ - and I think the NXT dev involved is quite excited to have ORA use this feature of NXT!

hala

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:33:54 AM

We'll have the final stakeholder list completed later today, and Darkhorse will create the ORA asset once I've finished the asset description, and then it's just a matter of waiting for the distribution script to be completed. Once that's done the distribution will happen in the blink of an eye (hopefully) Smiley

While we wait I suggest people start considering how we will use the NXT voting system to decide what to do with the left over stakes.

thanks for you update.

holding ORA
baby222

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:37:34 AM

The NXT voting system is such a powerful tool for decentralised decision making, but it might take a while to work out how to maximise its effectiveness.

1 -Community member(s) suggest we decide an issue, or option, or particular course of action with a vote
2 -We use some mechanism for gauging community opinion, does the suggested 'issue' require a vote (i.e not all issues need a vote, but this is subjective)
3- If step 2 confirms a vote is needed, we then need a way to put the "issue" into distinct options
5 -We vote!!

I don't under estimate how difficult this process might be for some issues, but if we can make it work it would be AMAZING, and very effective!!

The left over stake issue is a good test case. A direct democracy has a lot of advantages, but it *could* be messy sometimes, politics always is, no matter what system we use. There are always people who don't get what they want, but if they believe in the 'process' they can accept the result. That is what we're going for IMO, we all support the process!

Anyone who wants to prepare themselves for the "left over stakes" vote can learn more about the NXT voting system here:

I asked a question here - https://nxtforum.org/voting-system/ - and I think the NXT dev involved is quite excited to have ORA use this feature of NXT!

sound good , when finish the distribution, can i buy some stakes in NXT asset ? Shocked
Pentamon

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 04:44:01 AM

Another issue that we could use to test the NXT voting system,  is to finalize the logo.  It might be less political than the left over stakes.
For the community vote, we can number the submitted logos, let's say chronologically as they were received.

just a reminder: please submit your logo designs in the logo thread.

Pentamon

http://www.oraforum.org  *  Yoda: "One stake to every human give!"
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 05:02:20 AM

5 -We vote!!

This is awesome  Smiley
Just one thing, I think someone mentioned in an earlier post that there is a fee of 1 NXT per vote. Can you please confirm if that's correct?
Having to buy NXT to be able to vote would be a little lame. I'm ok with paying 1 ORA asset to vote though.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:54:15 AM

This is awesome  Smiley
Just one thing, I think someone mentioned in an earlier post that there is a fee of 1 NXT per vote. Can you please confirm if that's correct?
Having to buy NXT to be able to vote would be a little lame. I'm ok with paying 1 ORA asset to vote though.

That is the thing I found most annoying about NXT. Every little single thing requires payment of 1 NXT. Send NXT... make a bid on the exchange... change a bid on the exchange... always requires payment. I half expected every time I even logged into my NXT account it'd try to grab a coin from me.

It's not like 1 NXT is worth a lot, but when you just keep a handful in your NXT account, it's really easy to run out.
Kora (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:12:49 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 06:23:20 AM by Kora

This is awesome  Smiley

That is the thing I found most annoying about NXT. Every little single thing requires payment of 1 NXT. Send NXT... make a bid on the exchange... change a bid on the exchange... always requires payment. I half expected every time I even logged into my NXT account it'd try to grab a coin from me.

It's not like 1 NXT is worth a lot, but when you just keep a handful in your NXT account, it's really easy to run out.

Turns out each vote will cost 1 NXT, but it doesn't cost any ORA. I agree paying 1 NXT for every transaction can seem like a pain, but it's literally the price we pay to use such an amazing tool. Eventually I think the transaction fee will be lowered.

As a thank you to all the people who registered for ORA I've decided to give everyone on the stakeholder list 5 NXT to cover the cost of the first 5 votes.

I'm sure after 5 votes we'll know if the voting system (and maybe the ORA project itself) is 'working'. ALL transaction types cost 1 NXT (bid, offer, message, alias, send), so people can choose to spend their 5 NXT on anything they like (even dumping all their ORA!), but if everyone starts off with at least 5 NXT we can ALL choose to hodl and vote 5 times, even if some of us don't have a lot of NXT at the moment. I want to include every stakeholder in the voting system if possible, that way we will KNOW what our collective opinion really is.

ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:02:33 AM

[

As a thank you to all the people who registered for ORA I've decided to give everyone on the stakeholder list 5 NXT to cover the cost of the first 5 votes.

I'm sure after 5 votes we'll know if the voting system (and maybe the ORA project itself) is 'working'. ALL transaction types cost 1 NXT (bid, offer, message, alias, send), so people can choose to spend their 5 NXT on anything they like (even dumping all their ORA!), but if everyone starts off with at least 5 NXT we can ALL choose to hodl and vote 5 times, even if some of us don't have a lot of NXT at the moment. I want to include every stakeholder in the voting system if possible, that way we will KNOW what our collective opinion really is.

Thank you very much Kora. I think you are dealing with it perfectly.  Smiley
yummica

Activity: 136

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:14:53 AM

You guys are really cool!!! Let's rock!
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:39:23 AM

[

Thank you very much Kora. I think you are dealing with it perfectly.  Smiley

Respect.

Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: