Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:15:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ORA :: NXT 'monetary system' currency  (Read 181161 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
davien

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:49:09 AM

[

As a thank you to all the people who registered for ORA I've decided to give everyone on the stakeholder list 5 NXT to cover the cost of the first 5 votes.

I'm sure after 5 votes we'll know if the voting system (and maybe the ORA project itself) is 'working'. ALL transaction types cost 1 NXT (bid, offer, message, alias, send), so people can choose to spend their 5 NXT on anything they like (even dumping all their ORA!), but if everyone starts off with at least 5 NXT we can ALL choose to hodl and vote 5 times, even if some of us don't have a lot of NXT at the moment. I want to include every stakeholder in the voting system if possible, that way we will KNOW what our collective opinion really is.

Thank you very much Kora. I think you are dealing with it perfectly.  Smiley

Respect.
This is a huge gesture. Thank you Kora! Respect!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kora (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:04:08 AM

Hey, thanks for all the support guys Smiley

Here is a draft of the asset description we'll use on the NXT AE. Once the asset is listed we can't change it, and none of us know how long ORA will 'live' on the NXT AE, so getting the asset description water-tight is pretty important.

ORA: 1,000,000,000 ORA asset tokens were issued on the NXT asset exchange as bearer assets.
Whoever controls the private keys for an amount of ORA asset tokens on the redemption day (an unknown  date in the future) will be eligible to redeem an equivalent amount of ORA 'coins' if/when the ORA crypto currency software is completed and the ORA P2P network is established.
ORA is a decentralised community software development project, and the asset issuer is unable to guarantee either the completion of the ORA software, or the exchange of ORA asset tokens into ORA coins. Please research the ORA crypto currency project before purchasing ORA assets.
The ORA project was announced on May 22 2014, and [INSERT NUMBER] people initially registered between June 24 - July 8 2014 for a FREE stake of [insert number] coins each.The remaining ORA assets were held in trust for later distribution to community members & future developers.

For more details: http://ora.to
Issuing account: [insert darkhorse NXT address]

Can anybody spot any problems? Suggestions most welcome Smiley

fragORA

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:00:17 AM

Here is a draft of the asset description we'll use on the NXT AE. Once the asset is listed we can't change it, and none of us know how long ORA will 'live' on the NXT AE, so getting the asset description water-tight is pretty important.

ORA: 1,000,000,000 ORA asset tokens were issued on the NXT asset exchange as bearer assets.
Whoever controls the private keys for an amount of ORA asset tokens on the redemption day (an unknown  date in the future) will be eligible to redeem an equivalent amount of ORA 'coins' if/when the ORA crypto currency software is completed and the ORA P2P network is established.
ORA is a decentralised community software development project, and the asset issuer is unable to guarantee either the completion of the ORA software, or the exchange of ORA asset tokens into ORA coins. Please research the ORA crypto currency project before purchasing ORA assets.
The ORA project was announced on May 22 2014, and [INSERT NUMBER] people initially registered between June 24 - July 8 2014 for a FREE stake of [insert number] coins each.The remaining ORA assets were held in trust for later distribution to community members & future developers.

Looks good.
Just one thing to consider though when it comes to redeeming ORA asset tokens for ORA. It could turn out to be a massive chore with thousands of ORA assets accounts all with different balances. I think this is why NEM limited their assets to 1000 stakes divisible by 10. Also there needs to be a time limit declared for people to convert after which your assets will no longer be exchangeable (NEM has a limit of a few months I believe)

wp on the 5 NXT btw

ORA::100% POS Free & Fair distribution|issued NXT AE
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 09:49:25 AM

This is awesome  Smiley
Just one thing, I think someone mentioned in an earlier post that there is a fee of 1 NXT per vote. Can you please confirm if that's correct?
Having to buy NXT to be able to vote would be a little lame. I'm ok with paying 1 ORA asset to vote though.

That is the thing I found most annoying about NXT. Every little single thing requires payment of 1 NXT. Send NXT... make a bid on the exchange... change a bid on the exchange... always requires payment. I half expected every time I even logged into my NXT account it'd try to grab a coin from me.

It's not like 1 NXT is worth a lot, but when you just keep a handful in your NXT account, it's really easy to run out.

Turns out each vote will cost 1 NXT, but it doesn't cost any ORA. I agree paying 1 NXT for every transaction can seem like a pain, but it's literally the price we pay to use such an amazing tool. Eventually I think the transaction fee will be lowered.

As a thank you to all the people who registered for ORA I've decided to give everyone on the stakeholder list 5 NXT to cover the cost of the first 5 votes.

I'm sure after 5 votes we'll know if the voting system (and maybe the ORA project itself) is 'working'. ALL transaction types cost 1 NXT (bid, offer, message, alias, send), so people can choose to spend their 5 NXT on anything they like (even dumping all their ORA!), but if everyone starts off with at least 5 NXT we can ALL choose to hodl and vote 5 times, even if some of us don't have a lot of NXT at the moment. I want to include every stakeholder in the voting system if possible, that way we will KNOW what our collective opinion really is.

I tip my hat to you!  Smiley
This is a very interesting experiment you're setting up here. You're giving community member complete freedom to do anything they want. People tend to react in a negative way whenever they feel pressured. I think adopting a fair and unassuming approach in this initial stage could have lasting benefits for ORA  Cool
Forobitcoins

Activity: 301

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:00:09 AM

This text is too long for the description of the Asset, the description supports just a few characters.

A short description and links to website and forum is for me the best option

Regards

Sorry for my broken English XD
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:07:27 AM

This text is too long for the description of the Asset, the description supports just a few characters.

A short description and links to website and forum is for me the best option

Regards

Kora, possible for you to check max char for the asset description. I am away from my pc for the next 12 hrs at least.

mortare

Activity: 765
Merit: 283

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 11:17:25 AM

Distribution should happen early next week!

Looking good. Now lets hope that not everybody will dump.
Doing good work all.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
davien

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:23:53 AM

Doing good work all.
fur sure a lot of people will dump, but lets hope that maybe others will buy Ora!

Kora (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:28:32 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 11:41:59 AM by Kora

Kora, possible for you to check max char for the asset description. I am away from my pc for the next 12 hrs at least.

Max characters for the asset description is 1000.

valarmg is testing the asset distribution script on the NXT testnet!
https://nxtforum.org/asset-exchange-general/dividend-payment-service/msg69984/#msg69984

Kora (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:41:19 AM

Looks good.
Just one thing to consider though when it comes to redeeming ORA asset tokens for ORA. It could turn out to be a massive chore with thousands of ORA assets accounts all with different balances. I think this is why NEM limited their assets to 1000 stakes divisible by 10. Also there needs to be a time limit declared for people to convert after which your assets will no longer be exchangeable (NEM has a limit of a few months I believe)

wp on the 5 NXT btw

Good points! I'm hoping we can script an automated process to handle the redemptions when the time comes.

I want the asset description to be general where it can be (coz we don't have an exact road map yet), but I want some things to be very clear.

For many people the asset description will be their first introduction to ORA, and I want to make it clear that buying ORA assets does not guarantee delivery of ORA coins. I really hope that we get to the 'redemption' day intact so to say, but none of us can guarantee that. I'm trying hard to make sure nobody gets burnt (that's why I favour FREE stakes), but new people will be paying for ORA assets, and they need to get a quick overview of the history of ORA, and the risk involved in investing. I know we can refer people to the website for details, but many people wont, so the asset description needs to be inviting, but honest about the risks involved! 1000 characters is enough, but I'm not a very good word smith lol

boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:57:46 AM

Doing good work all.
fur sure a lot of people will dump, but lets hope that maybe others will buy Ora!

wow both of you commented very balance. Ora will be to moon just in no time.
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:12:13 PM

Doing good work all.

wow both of you commented very balance. Ora will be to moon just in no time.

To the moon things usually end up bad , I would rather like gradual growth of ora Tongue
Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:41:41 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 06:59:22 PM by Mac Red

The Ora Stakeholder list has been finalized! [Link]

Now for some stats.
I'm going to split up the different phases we've gone through for easy overview.
Keep in mind all phases except #1 have been ongoing and very nonlinear.
The order of the phases below is just a way to present the final numbers in a clear way, this is why these stats may differ with others posted earlier.

Phase 1 - Registration
Number of entries after phase end: 2184

Phase 2 - Automatic sock-puppet removal
Number of entries after phase end: 1274
Note: A "non-sockpuppet" is an entry which the system has not detected and flagged as a...you guessed it, sockpuppet. Simply put these entries seemingly followed the rule about only 1 stake per household in the OP.

Phase 3 - BTT ID verification
Number of entries after phase end: 1095
Note: People had to either post in a topic (it was soon closed) or later, confirm their account by sending me a PM.

Phase 4 - Manual sock-puppet removal
Number of entries after phase end: 887 (these are the entries in final stakeholder list)
Note: We scraped BTT profiles and checked against a number of different things to spot obvious cases.

Phase 5 - NXT ID verification
Number of entries after phase end: 887
Entries not yet in block explorer: 49 ("0" in the third column)
Entries without public key: 99  ("0" in the forth column)
Note: Just before the list is sent for distribution (you can probably expect a date for this shortly), one last check and update will be made for the two nxt columns. This means there's still time to fix so you're searchable in the nxt block explorer, if you need to do this.

Cool
Sebastien256

Activity: 715

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:10:32 PM

Nice Job, Mac Red +1

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 07:21:20 PM

How do we get a nxt id public key guys, im using mynxt.info

can somebody send some nxt to this account so i can make an outgoing transaction Smiley

nxtra not working
davien

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:30:08 PM

Now for some stats.
I'm going to split up the different phases we've gone through for easy overview.
The order of the phases below is just a way to present the final numbers in a clear way, this is why these stats may differ with others posted earlier.

Phase 1 - Registration

Note: A "non-sockpuppet" is an entry which the system has not detected and flagged as a...you guessed it, sockpuppet. Simply put these entries seemingly followed the rule about only 1 stake per household in the OP.

Note: People had to either post in a topic (it was soon closed) or later, confirm their account by sending me a PM.

Number of entries after phase end: 887 (these are the entries in final stakeholder list)
Note: We scraped BTT profiles and checked against a number of different things to spot obvious cases.

Note: Just before the list is sent for distribution (you can probably expect a date for this shortly), one last check and update will be made for the two nxt columns. This means there's still time to fix so you're searchable in the nxt block explorer, if you need to do this.

Cool

very good job Mac Red . You and Kora set new standards here!

Chaos514

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:01:35 PM

Now for some stats.

Phase 1 - Registration

Cool

Wow! Good Job Mac Red!

I must admit that the whole registration thing was a lot smoother and way faster that I first expected.

The whole team did a great job!
Sinohe88

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:42:41 PM

well done MacRed
good sock puppet catches
Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:02:19 AM

Now for some stats.

Phase 1 - Registration

Entries without public key: 99  ("0" in the forth column)

Cool

great job with all the work doneand ORA updates
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 08:48:14 AM

@Mac Red You're doing an awesome job with this project man  Smiley
You're methodical and organized and those are very important qualities for efficient management.
Kora made a wise choice picking you to be part of the team  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: