Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:09:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ORA :: NXT 'monetary system' currency  (Read 181160 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Sebastien256

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:23:24 PM

The balance of the stake will be distributed via decision made with a poll using Nxt Voting.

Is there an estimation when voting will be available?

Ver 1.3, Not sure of the timeline as of now.
I think voting is for 1.4, DB is for 1.3.

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:23:01 AM

Mission statement: Bootstrap ORA, a clone of Qora with a free & fair equal distribution on a mass scale to over 3,000 stakeholders.

Can you clone BTSX instead of Qora? It seems that BTSX is more worthy to clone.

I think cloning QORA is a better opportunity than BTSX. Noones going to buy into a BTSX clone when BTSX is fine and doing well as it is.

On the other hand QORA is and has been totally screwed from the start. Distribution completely botched, incompetent community, horrible management, no open source, 1 man dev team.

Also I would like to add that the funds raised during the IPO have not been allocated towards development but merely pocketed by the developer (wtf?).

Also, get this, the developer, whom of which everyone is reliant on for developing the coin IS NOT EVEN INVESTED IN THE COIN HIMSELF! He has no stake in the project, merely operating on good faith. Would you trust a CEO to run your company if he has no stake in it and is not getting anything in return for working? How well would that CEO perform? Would he care about the companies success? Would he act in shareholders interests or in his own self interest that of which is divergent to those of investors?

Qoras an absolute disaster and we should capitalize on this. We have a large community, competent leaders, fair distribution and a vision. Everything QORA is lacking. Clone it and lets accomplish what QORA has failed at miserably.

So why not coming to help instead cloning ?
You guys are snake
Waiting to take advantage of others work

As the original 'snake' I think I should probably respond to your suggestion to 'come and help', which I assume means why don't we come and help Qora. That's a very reasonable suggestion, and in the days after Qora was released that was my intention, and still is!

I am not a technical person, so I can't help with coding work, or setting up websites etc, but what I can do is help with 'community building' and marketing ideas & promotion. In the early days of Qora I was planning to do this, and I was able to buy up a good sized stake in Qora once I had the opportunity, over 15 bitcoins worth.

So what changed you might ask? Why did I start proposing 'Kora: a clone of Qora', and start doing something that on the surface would appear to threaten my own sizable investment?

When I first heard about Qora and did my research I realised straight away (like many others) that Qora was something special (like NXT), and its potential was enormous. I still feel exactly the same way about the Qora dev, and the Qora tech. Both have huge potential. So what changed you ask ... nothing! I'm glad I invested in Qora, and it's part of my long term HODL portfolio now.

So why did I want to start (K)Ora then? Because it's good for Qora (and my sizable investment), and it's good for the wider crypto movement, and because it's obvious a great new coin will eventually get cloned many times over, and I KNEW my motivation wasn't cynical and short sighted, so I believed in the long run I had a good chance of helping to bootstrap a 'good' clone.

There will be plenty of scammy P & D Qora clones soon enough after the source is released, but I think history will show (K)Ora wasn't a cynical short sighted greedy clone, but it probably has contributed to making Qora a lot better. How? Because competition promotes innovation & excellence. Why was eastern block manufacturing under communism low quality? Lack of competition, so quality is low & innovation comes from government 'stick', rather than market 'carrot'(i.e. profits). That's a gross simplification, but IMO it's true. The threat of competition and possible extinction from a rival brings out the best in people.

The problem was in the early days after Qora was released the focus was ALL about pumping the price as high as possible, not growing the community, like the original NXT founders did. I tried to encourage Qora founders to think about growing their community, but that was fobbed off as 'trolling'.

The NXT founders deliberately sold very cheap in large quantities, and they were primarily focused on increasing user numbers (i.e. NXT'ers), not the NXT price. There was a price increase for NXT (and IMO it was too high too quick), but it was NOT orchestrated by deliberate actions to restrict supply and force up prices. There is a time for HODL'ing, but it isn't a week after a coin with only 137 users is launched. That's the time to distribute and grow your community. NXT founders seemed to understand this, but Qora founders were pumping dangerously, and a devastating crash seemed inevitable, and with a small user base and a new coin everyone needs to keep in the black, so you have to avoid a P & D blood bath at all costs.

Many of the NXT founders were actively organising give-aways, and if you look at the NXT market thread from last December you can clearly see that the goal of many of the NXT founders was to make MORE NXT millionaires asap to help them spread & grow NXT. They weren't trying to guage MASSIVE profits out of the first and second waves of new NXT'ers.

If you compare the early days of NXT and Qora the difference is quite stark. NXT founders were thinking how to grow a community, Qora founders were thinking 'yippee, we're rich'. Both were very vulnerable from having a very small initial user base, but NXT changed this quite quickly, but IMO Qora founders weren't thinking about the future, just the cash out of mega profits, and Qora was likely to fail.

I did try and help the Qora community, but the majority of Qora founders didn't agree with my basic point - with 137 users the first goal is grow the user numbers, and you do that best by keeping the price low and gradually increasing it 'escalator' style, avoid pump, so there isn't a later crash, that way new investors stay above water & make a profit too - but that message was past off as just 'trolling'. I wasn't using this 'Kora' identity then, but I think many Qora followers know who I was.

In the early days after Qora was released I quickly came to the conclusion that the Qora community (not the Qora dev or his/her code) was vulnerable to competition. There was too much focus on quick profits from pumping the price. Review the Qora thread from mid May on wards, and you'll see plenty of posts from IPO investors encouraging each other to 'hold out' for 100 satoshi starting price, restrict supply, and quickly pump the price to ridiculous levels. Some even suggested holding out for 500 satoshi. All the focus was on the 137 IPO investors turning their impressive return into an astronomical return, of NXT proportions.

The Qora IPO investors were understandably excited & happy at their good fortune, but their price pumping behavior was still very short sighted for a coin with only 137 stakeholders. The first task should have been to increase the number of people involved with Qora, by a massive amount. I'm talking 10X minimum to at least ~1000 people holding & following Qora. The original stakeholders were making a critical error IMO. If you pump the price too high too fast, all those first round people get burnt, AND LEAVE. The big picture strategy was clear to me, keep the price low and stable for a good while to encourage new people to buy & join the Qora community. That would still have given the original IPO investors a great return, with a good prospect of MASSIVE returns later on, once the community had grown. I can't remember the numbers, but even at ~20 sats the original IPO investors are making a great return, and it still would have left plenty of room for a decent return for the first and second waves of new investors.

A pump in week 1 that started at 100 sats and went to 500 quickly was MADNESS, but that's what many people were pushing for. I bought a big chunk at ~35-50 satoshi, so I'm underwater with Qora, but I can afford it, but not everyone can, especially people on modest incomes in countries with relatively low exchange rates. How many Qora could a student in China or India or Brazil buy at ~100-500 satoshi? How would they feel when the price crashed leaving them severely burnt?

The crypto world is very short sighted, and people expect coins to die very quickly, so they want an instant return before the coin dies, then they hit the eject button and jump onto the next coin. Qora was obviously something different but some of the notable IPO investors were conducting themselves as if Qora was a get rich quick scheme from a stock standard bitcoin clone. That was very dangerous IMO, and with only 137 stakeholders, Qora was extremely vulnerable.

So ... I thought about Qora and realised I should put my 'money where my mouth was' and start Kora. See if my community building ideas were effective. If it worked then great, (K)Ora would be a legitimate part of the crypto landscape, and if nothing else it would put needed 'pressure' on Qora community members to get their focus on the main game - grow an effective community, leave the profit taking for later, think long-term.

Nothing I have done so far with ORA, or will do in the future is 'scammy' in any way. I obviously can't guarantee the future price of ORA, and maybe some people could lose somewhere along the way, but I'm an advocate of 'slow and steady', I'm a tortoise, not a hare, and ORA is a long term project. I hope that's clear.

Mac Red organised a great initial distribution to ~800 people, Darkhorse & fragORA are honest reliable community treasurers, we have an experienced & talented developer in nio, Pentamon has done a great job organizing the Logo selection process, and I think ORA has a good sized (but modest) number of people following our progress on a regular basis. That's a great platform to build on, and I'm very happy with where we are. Who knows what twists & turns ORA will take in the future, but I feel confident ORA can make a very valuable contribution to the crypto movement, I'm super positive about that!

Anyway, I think Qora is in a lot better position today than back in late May. The price has been stable enough that many new people have had an opportunity to buy a stake while still providing a great return for the IPO investors. The Qora dev is obviously working hard on new features, and the future for Qora is very bright, but to see this you have to think on a longer-term basis than most alt coin followers.  The key point for me is Qora hasn't burnt new people from a pump to 500 sats and a crash back to 20 like it could have. That would have created a lot of pissed off people, and that could have killed Qora, but it didn't happen.

The crypto world is very big now, and it's OK to 'love' many coins at the same time!! I love Qora & ORA, but ORA is dear to my heart now because I like the people involved. ORA can be fun & rewarding at the same time!

Just for interest, here are the coins I'm 'loving' at the moment.
These are the coins I've invested in heavily
- Bitcoin
- NXT
- Monero
- Qora
- BTCD

These are my second tier coins that I'm still unsure of, but they look 'interesting', and are good speculative investments
- Crypti
- NODE
- Cryptonite
- Viacoin
- NEM
- Syscoin
- Counterparty
- Mastercoin
- eMunie

Then there are the big 'mega coins' that get more attention
- bithshares
- Ethereum
- Ripple
- Stellar

Sorry for the wall of text, but it feels good to get that of my chest Smiley

Thanks for this long post..
And sorry for "the snake" I got carried away as a result of reading some posts
I don't remember you in the Qora thread probably you had another nick
Qora is a young coin and the market has decided
Yea things are better and distribution also anyway everyone is welcome there
I think it's beneficial to have people involved like u are for Ora

I'm agree with your list
Just Cryptonite i dont know what it is and Emunie project is dead, Sky is interesting
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:31:08 AM

The balance of the stake will be distributed via decision made with a poll using Nxt Voting.

Is there an estimation when voting will be available?

Ver 1.3, Not sure of the timeline as of now.
I think voting is for 1.4, DB is for 1.3.

Thanks for correcting. Got messed up there.

3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:00:29 AM

These are my second tier coins that I'm still unsure of, but they look 'interesting', and are good speculative investments
- NEM

You are not sure about NEM? quite strange. you should check NEM alpha client.
FredDag

Activity: 436

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:04:41 PM

I'm agree with your list
Just Cryptonite i dont know what it is and Emunie project is dead, Sky is interesting

Emunie project is far from dead, release date has just been postponed (a few times) until wallet updates are done.

There are actually some good screenshots posted on the forums today http://forum.emunie.com/ ...
you need to register & sign in to view the posts, otherwise a blank white page is all you get.
trunzo

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:15:10 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2014, 05:25:22 PM by trunzo

Do what you feel is right but leave some space for our VERY COOL  Cool logo on top. hehe.

And September is going to be a very busy month for ORA with our activities i think.

YES!! Having a swish new Logo, and then starting 'phase 2' giveaways etc will really give ORA a boost!!

Exciting times Smiley

Will there be an other giveaway? when?  Shocked
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:02:13 PM

whats about development? started yet or not?
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:28:35 PM

whats about development? started yet or not?

Yeap. Its in the planning and outlining phase.

Kora (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:00:35 AM

Thanks for this long post..
And sorry for "the snake" I got carried away as a result of reading some posts
I don't remember you in the Qora thread probably you had another nick
Qora is a young coin and the market has decided
Yea things are better and distribution also anyway everyone is welcome there
I think it's beneficial to have people involved like u are for Ora

I'm agree with your list

No worries Smiley I always respect honest and sincere 'passion', and you obviously feel that towards Qora, and that's great!

Cryptonite has pioneered the 'mini-blockchain' so some people are arguing it will avoid the problems associated with a massively bloated blockchain. That makes sense to me, especially as mobile commerce is critical to long term crypto adoption & success, so I'm following that project with interest.

eMunie isn't dead (far from it). I have a lot of respect for eMunie. Fuserleer and his team are doing things on their own terms, and they've chosen to develop in stealth mode for a while which makes sense once you know more about their history (lots of FUD & some understandable time delays). The big innovation from eMunie is the 'potential' for an elastic currency supply, so currency supply goes up & down in response to 'system' demand. If emunie elastic supply actually works then the emu currency would be very stable in price, so it would be much more usable in day to day commerce than a more volatile crypto with a fixed supply, or so the theory goes. eMunie uses a block tree rather than a blockchain, so it's database is smaller, like cryptonite, and by all reports emunie is 100% anonymous too. How? Not sure, it's closed source, but I understand that decision, especially during development.

My attitude is ALL crypto is on the same side, and the enemy is manipulated fiat currencies by banks, & government surveillance. There are plenty of scammers in this community, but plenty of very committed talented people trying to 'create' tools for people to use to empower their freedom also. I'll always try & support a crypto project that's sincere, and not trying to scam people. Even if they fail, they leave behind lessons for other projects to build on. In the end healthy competition and rivalry between projects & coins serves a purpose if it helps to promote innovation & excellence.

freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:18:59 AM

My attitude is ALL crypto is on the same side, and the enemy is manipulated fiat currencies by banks, & government surveillance. There are plenty of scammers in this community, but plenty of very committed talented people trying to 'create' tools for people to use to empower their freedom also. I'll always try & support a crypto project that's sincere, and not trying to scam people. Even if they fail, they leave behind lessons for other projects to build on. In the end healthy competition and rivalry between projects & coins serves a purpose if it helps to promote innovation & excellence.

I completely share your thoughts about this.

I'm sorry to see when people get to attached to one coin and go around to disrespectfully slander other coin threads. I think they are doing it because of ignorance but some of them are trolls or have hidden agendas to pump and dump the coins because what they are interested at the end is
FIAT gains that they can have and are not real cryptocoin supporters.

Is nice to see that there are more people like you here that understands the bigger picture
and I really want this project to succeed.

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:40:34 AM

I completely share your thoughts about this.

I'm sorry to see when people get to attached to one coin and go around to disrespectfully slander other coin threads. I think they are doing it because of ignorance but some of them are trolls or have hidden agendas to pump and dump the coins because what they are interested at the end is
FIAT gains that they can have and are not real cryptocoin supporters.

Is nice to see that there are more people like you here that understands the bigger picture
and I really want this project to succeed.

This project will succeed. It will be a little slow, no doubt. This is not a pump and dump project. We are driving Ora towards real world application, meaning it will be targetted for normal users and adoptation. Therefore, we need to make sure we look into the details more thoroughly in order to ensure the expandability of Ora. Ora is for mass adoptation. So give some time.

i.shad0w

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:45:13 AM

Things are going to be smooth.I will join the next round reg coz ora is a really good project!
bob131313

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:29:41 PM

OraMillion.
If you are an Ora millionaire and have not received your OraMillion membership, please let me know.

Disclaimer: OraMillion is not affiliated with the ORA team or anything else. Just a group of large bag holders that will offer exclusive membership benefits to members.
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:34:41 PM

There are a few oramillionaires. At least about 20 of them.  Cool

Things are going to be smooth.I will join the next round reg coz ora is a really good project!

There will be a lot of give aways in september. I really hope everyone takes part and add ora to their investment.

ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:52:29 PM

There will be a lot of give aways in september. I really hope everyone takes part and add ora to their investment.

For everyone? or stakeholders will be "banned" from these giveaways?
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:55:36 PM

For everyone? or stakeholders will be "banned" from these giveaways?

For everyone.

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:12:58 PM

Unless there is already an IRC chat that I don't know about, anyone interested in chatting should hang out at #ora on freenode.

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ora

I like the philosophy behind Ora. And even though I'm not currently in it I like to follow it as I think there might be some mutually beneficial arrangements that can be made in the future between Ora and Bitmark. Totally different approaches, but similar values.
Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 12:06:59 PM

There are a few oramillionaires. At least about 20 of them.  Cool

So September is going to be great month for ORA with all the giveaways , Developments .... Can't wait Smiley
zsnorbi

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 01:48:02 PM

I PM-ed MAcRed few days ago but didn't got any reply yet so i am asking it here.
Has the first round distribution finished completely? I am at the stakeholders list, but didnt got any stake in the first round distribution yet. Could you please check it?
Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:02:20 PM

Yes, it's completed. And you got 166666 ORA in your account (at least the one you submitted to us and can be viewed in the stakeholder list).
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: