Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:51:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ORA :: NXT 'monetary system' currency  (Read 181161 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:40:35 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 08:57:42 AM by DarkhorseofNxt

Please do your final voting here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=697958.360

Ora logo - second and final voting round!

Endpoints: 50 votes, or one week only: final day is 14 September 2014

Voting mechanism: Choose only one design.  Post your choice in this thread.

Just give the number, if you find that easier:

Choices:
Colors can still change. Designs listed chronologically.

Infinite Ora Starfish by gvans:
Number 1

Ora structure by kussaka:
Number 2

Fresh, colorful Ora by figroll:
Number 3

status as of 8/9/14 is leading the votes.

Ora-key by maximuss:
Number 4

Ora-key by kussaka and maximuss:
Number 5

Please vote by picking only ONE number!

Pentamon

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:48:55 PM

Endpoints: 50 votes, or one week only: final day is 14 August 2014

Voting mechanism: Choose only one design.  Post your choice in this thread.

Choices:

Number 1

Number 2

Number 3

Ora-key by maximuss:
Number 4

Number 5

Pentamon

Correct the final day of voting to 14 September.
Sylon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1169

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:04:40 PM

Thanks!
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:08:19 AM

Choices:

Number 1

Number 2

Number 3

Ora-key by maximuss:
Number 4

Number 5

Pentamon

nioccoin

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:57:48 PM

I know this is very early to suggest this, but it came into my mind. Can we form a group of people interested in making a research or analysis on how anyone in the world could convert fiat into any crypto/ora? Not talking about exchanges but other getaways and options. Prepaid cards, atm cards etc. Probably we can study and build a road map on this. This will not only benefit ora but also any other crypto. Not only talking about us or europe but how a person from any part of world can get an access into crypto world. What you guys think?

I'm interested in this. I'm working on Bitmark right now but we're very interested in making it an easy to use currency. So that type of real life purchase case research is of great interest to our project and perhaps we can share things we learn about this type of thing.

I'm in Asia and there are tons and tons of prepaid cards for all kinds of products. Being able to buy a prepaid card that can get you crypto would be amazing and be a huge step for adoption!

Is anyone else in the btt community working on this already? Probably you and me can jumpstart this project?

Can some members of Ora and Bitmark, and the wider community, team up to address this?

From our side consider yourselves to have any resources required - other than funds - we will gladly discuss, specify, and create anything required.

To kick start the effort I would propose the creation of a simple online key sweeper, given any private key (or alias for one) it sweeps the currency associated with the key in to a user supplied address.
Such a thing would serve as a simple framework to allow paper or plastic loaded cards, a receiver simply enters a code online and an address for any wallet, and they have funds within minutes. It can be replicated and made to be pretty later.

Thanks coinsolidation! I think co-operation between coin projects like ORA & Bitmark would be wonderfull, so thank you very much for following up. I'm not a tech guy myself, so probably can't add a whole lot to the tech side of this discussion myself, but as a regular user of crypto currencies I can see that making ALL crypto currencies more user friendly is in everyone's interest.

Like many, I have been following what jl777 has been doing with the SuperNET closely, and while the teleporting ideas to increase anon is very worthwhile and getting a lot of the attention, it's actually the prepaid debit card option that first got me interested in bitcoindark.

Being able to access crypto funds using a prepaid debit card via an ATM or at a POS terminal in a shop will make crypto currencies usable, in the current environment. If Bitmark & ORA could achieve the same result using another system to jl777's anon card, then that would provide some redundancy for the crypto movement in case jl777's system ran into problems, so I think it would be a great area to explore further.

In the end crypto currencies HAVE to be user friendly, and usable in everyday situations now, and that's via plastic cards, and to a lesser extent (but obviously growing rapidly) mobile devices.

edit: direction has to be both ways - (fiat > crypto) & (crypto > fiat) - can we devise one system that does both? jl777's anon card is (crypto>fiat) only, so maybe we can work on going the other direction, (fiat>crypto), but connect it into the same card processor, coinomat.

You are right, we need to devise open alternatives as a service to the wider community, and provide models going forward that do not rely on any one person, and also where the fates of projects are not tied - I (and we) share your thoughts on the matter.

An interesting question, can we devise a system that does both?

There is one such system that we plan to use heavily, the notion of micro trust, by trusting businesses and services which people already trust with smaller amounts of funds, we can utilize them as natural gateways - if any fiat accepting service allows withdrawals and deposits of marks, then they become a little gateway. We hope to initially avoid any AML or gov issues by being dressed as reputation, in the same way bitcoin has problems but facebook credits do not - just distributed rather than a single commercial entity.

I feel that speculators and the existing broad community is already heavily focused on crypto > fiat, it is easy to exit but hard to enter. Thus personally feel that the walls we need to break down are in to the systems not out.

Let me propose something backward: why don't we start by working on the worst and slowest ways to do fiat > crypto, then improve from there - rather than going for optimal solutions straight out. We may learn much along the way, and build up a good set of alternatives.

How should we proceed? We need a collaborative space for those interested to specify and discuss.

For microtrust, I don't see any reliable way of knowing who ppl trust and who they don't.  For instance, I don't trust my bank, but I use them because it is too difficult to transfer all my services to another bank.  And, if I did, I know for a fact I would be faced with the same level of bad service I get now.  I can think of some major merchants that I dislike, but I still patronize their businesses for the sake of convenience, or because they have what I need and nobody else does.  My primary loyalty and trust is, however, price-based.  I usually buy the least expensive goods I can find, of equivalent quality.  And speaking of quality, raise your hand if you have been the victim of our disposable culture, where products you buy break within a week or two of normal use.

I guess my point is that insofar as commerce goes, when ALL services or products in a sector just plain suck, it is a mistake to assume that the space has the trust of its customers.  When just about every major business in the world has been hacked, I can't say as how I've come to trust online commerce.  Instead, I have more of a learned helplessness about it.  When they all have been hacked, I shrug my shoulders and type in my CC #.  I don't spend time finding a trusted commerce partner, because such a thing doesn't exist.

This is a brave new world.  The modern definition of trust seems more akin to "you're trustworthy until your not" than "you're emphatically trustworthy, a rockribbed bastion of trust".  Mt. Gox was trustworthy until it wasn't.  Solyndra was until it wasn't.  Enron was until it wasn't.  Sharexcoin was until it wasn't.  In crypto, the attraction of being able to sneak quietly into the night without a trace is both attractive (for the dishonest) and problematic (for the honest).  Crypto simplifies the existing problem of ripping others off.  Whereas an MF Global needs political connections to rob someone blind without repercussion, crypto provides this capability with near perfect anonymity, little expense, and absolutely no smear on one's reputation.

I don't know if there is a technological solution to the trust issue, really.  But if we could provide a fix, it would likely be profound in its impact.

The first step should be to operationally define what these components are.  When you do that, it clarifies what problem is being solved, to the point that it sometimes ceases to be a problem.  For instance, the issue of trust is really what rep is about.  But what "is" trust?  And, is trust the same thing in e-monies as it is in fiat?  Another good thing to define would be fiat.  Once you define that, you will probably come to the conclusion that the distance between fiat and crypto is almost zero.  The two are identical except insofar as who controls the distribution and use of the money.  Most ppl in modern economies don't even spend fiat any more.  Instead, they spend what can only be called "e-fiat", or electronic money, in the form of plastic cash denominated in a specific country currency.

So, if we can solve the fiat-->crypto access problem - and that is a big problem, in my estimation - the transfer of the common man's finances to crypto seems more of a trivial matter of location: do you want your holdings in crypto cash, or in plastic cash?  I guess my question is, how can we accomplish this on our own, without dipping in to the existing fiat systems that are so grotesquely compromised?  Perhaps, instead of creating crypto systems and then trying to convince the fiat-accepting merchants to accept it, we should create our own crypto merchants.  That would give us some street cred with the fiat merchants, and once they see the utility and popularity of the system, they will want to be cut in on the action.  Instead of us going to them, they would be coming to us.  That's my ideal scenario.  Somewhere between that and the reality is where we will likely end up.

kind regards,
nio
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:42:50 PM

For microtrust, I don't see any reliable way of knowing who ppl trust and who they don't.  For instance, I don't trust my bank, but I use them because it is too difficult to transfer all my services to another bank.  And, if I did, I know for a fact I would be faced with the same level of bad service I get now.  I can think of some major merchants that I dislike, but I still patronize their businesses for the sake of convenience, or because they have what I need and nobody else does.  My primary loyalty and trust is, however, price-based.  I usually buy the least expensive goods I can find, of equivalent quality.  And speaking of quality, raise your hand if you have been the victim of our disposable culture, where products you buy break within a week or two of normal use.

Technically, you may not 'trust' your bank, but as long as you let them handle at least small amounts of your money, even if just for the time it takes you to drive to an ATM and withdraw it, you're extending microtrust to them. Any service you purchase something from, or give them your credit card, you're extending microtrust to. You might only really 'trust' close friends and family members, but our societies commercial activity depends on microtrust already. Extending this to the crypto space will be a good thing, as in crypto the only person you really need to fully trust is yourself and the way you store your wallet. But sending a few dollars in crypto to a website so you can use their services can sense too. You only risk what you choose to transact.

Speaking of e-fiat, I noticed that Poloniex started trading in 'coinomat XUSD' which is interesting. Apparently you can redeem this XUSD to your visa or master card for real dollars. And I agree that all fiat will eventually only exist in electronic form. We're almost there already.
coinsolidation

Activity: 294

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 09:02:03 PM

I don't know if there is a technological solution to the trust issue, really.  But if we could provide a fix, it would likely be profound in its impact.

Martti/Sirius is working on identifi, and will be utilizing this in some ways, to give some measures of trust between persona's and identities, coupled with public key signing of resources to who ownership. What falls out the back is a graph of reputation+trust, WoRT (not such a nice name!), it is not a perfect solution, but perhaps provides enough data to be useful in accountability solutions, and certainly enough to be managing reputation and perhaps small measures of trust. The notion of micro-trust is important, to say we trust a service with some disposable amount of income, but not our full life savings.

Friends at ORA, if you feel this is becoming noise, and would be better on a different thread for mutual discussion, please speak up Smiley

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:05:27 AM

Friends at ORA, if you feel this is becoming noise, and would be better on a different thread for mutual discussion, please speak up Smiley

I do not see why we cant discuss this here. This discussion should take place almost in every coins thread. This should be the objective.

Still need to read more what you guys wrote.

Fiat<>crypto. This is our target.

Kora (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:01:36 PM

To the contrary...  you ORA folks are starting to grow on me because of these discussions!   Wink

Well, that is a mighty fine compliment, thanks Smiley

I think we could start a new thread if everyone is happy with that. I agree with Darkhorse that we want to keep this as public as possible, and include as many true believers in crypto advancement as we can. The key goal is to further co-operation & collaboration between different groups of open minded people interested in furthering the interests of the crypto currency movement generally.

Everyone is welcome over at oraforum.org and we could start a new thread there, or we could start a new thread here on BTT, or we could always continue here in this thread. I do want to thank coinsolidation & nio for pushing this along. There is so much more to be gained for all of us from working together rather than trying to knock each other down. We are all kindred spirits working towards a greater good in the crypto movement, and there is so much future potential for all serious crypto projects, and as jl777 has mentioned many times before, crypto IS NOT a zero sum game!

tomavbttt

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:40:53 PM

There is no substantial content, there is no concern.
Kora (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:05:02 AM

There is a lot of stuff going on, just not public at the moment. Soon you'll all have a chance to get more involved in promoting ORA, and you'll be able to acquire more ORA assets/coins in the process too!!

Exciting times ahead Smiley

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:32:49 AM

There are many things going on in the backstage. Once the logo is decided, then a few "Ora Projects" will go live. These projects are aimed not only for Ora and its stakeholders but also an invitation to everyone who is and wants to involve in the crypto scene. I can only say for now, some very interesting projects are on the way. Have some patience, and you will see them soon. Like we said earlier, September is going to be a very interesting month for Ora.

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:39:17 AM

I want to take everyone's attention on this. We have 8++ stake holders, but only a few (less than 30) has responded in the Logo voting. To close this faster and to get onto our project, we need at least 50 votes as per Pentamon's request. We kindly ask every stake holders to vote. We have made it easier for you to vote by only stating the Logo number. We need more participation from you guys.  Wink

Choices:

Number 1

Number 2

Number 3

Ora-key by maximuss:
Number 4

Number 5

Pentamon

LemonAndFries

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:19:22 AM

I want to take everyone's attention on this. We have 8++ stake holders, but only a few (less than 30) has responded in the Logo voting. To close this faster and to get onto our project, we need at least 50 votes as per Pentamon's request. We kindly ask every stake holders to vote. We have made it easier for you to vote by only stating the Logo number. We need more participation from you guys.  Wink

As a very lazy stakeholder (but following the ORA discussion), I have placed my vote.
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:25:54 AM

Thank you, hoping more to follow.

mortare

Activity: 765
Merit: 283

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 07:45:42 AM

Srr for the slack, voted to, realy like design nr. 5.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:16:07 AM

Same here.  EVERY Logo was great - really hard decission!
amy4to

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:29:53 AM

When we start the next distribution.
Do we must wait NXT's voting system?
coinsolidation

Activity: 294

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 09:57:09 AM

Same here.  EVERY Logo was great - really hard decission!

I am not a stakeholder, but 5.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:31:55 AM

When we start the next distribution.
Do we must wait NXT's voting system?

The next distribution is based on proof of action. The balance from that will be decided with the voting. we will have time, not to worry.

Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: