Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:11:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150790 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gamblingbad

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

https://bit-exo.com/?ref=gamblingbad

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 10:56:04 PM

When it comes down to it, the guy who owns a boatload of clams is entitled to protect his ass vs the guy who uses the currency everyday.

So digging is good for people who use it everyday and its get worth less is good for people who uses clam everyday? I really dont understand what you want. So what do you want?

░▄░   ████   ░▄░
████░░██████░░████
▄▄░░▄██████████████████▄░░▄▄
░██████████████████████████████░
▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
▄▄▄█████▌                  ▀█████▄▄▄
▐████████▌                   ▐███████▌
▀███████▌     ███████▄      ▐██████▀
▄███████▌     ███████▀      ▐██████▄
▐█████████▌     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▄█████████▌
▐█████████▌                   ▀████████▌
▀███████▌     ████████▄      ▐█████▀
▄███████▌     ████████▀      ▐█████▄
▐████████▌     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▐██████▌
▀▀▀█████▌                   ▄████▀▀▀
▄████▌                 ▄█████▄
▀▀░░▀██████████████████▀░░▀▀
████░░██████░░████
░▀    ████    ▀░
Bit-Exo

▄████████████████
                ▐█▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▐████████████████████████████
▄██▄ █████████████████████████████
▀██▀ ████           █     ▐██   █
 ▐▌  ████  ██████▌  █     ██    █
 ▐▌  ████  ██ ▐██   █    ▐█▌    █
 ▐▌  ████     ██    █    ██     █
 ▐▌  ████    ▐█▌    █   ▐█▌     █
█████████    ██     █           █
▀▀▀▀▀████   ▐█▌     █           █
     ████           █           █
     █████████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████

▄████████▄
          ▄██████████████▄
       ▄▄ ████████████████ ▄▄
      ████████████████████████
     ▐█▌  ▀██████████████▀  ▐█▌
     ▐█▄   ▐████████████▌   ▄█▌
      ▀██▄  ████████████  ▄██▀
        ▀██▄ ██████████ ▄██▀
          ▀██████████████▀
          ▀██▀████████▀██▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ██████       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████▌▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀▀▀▀███████████ ████ ███████████▀▀▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████▌▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ▄██████▄
           ▄████████████▄
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄
▄▄████▌░░░░░░▐████▄▄
▄░███████▌░░░░░░▐███████░▄
▄░░░░███████░░░░░░███████░░░░▄
▄░░░░░░██████████████████░░░░░░▄
▐░░░░░░░░████  ██  ██████░░░░░░░░▌
░░░░░░░░░███▀        ▀█████░░░░░░░░
▐▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄  ▐███▄   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▌
█████████████  ▐███▀   █████████████
█████████████         ▀█████████████
█████████████  ▐████▄   ████████████
▐▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀  ▐████▀   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▌
░░░░░░░░░███▄         ▄████░░░░░░░░
▀░░░░░░██████████████████░░░░░░▀
▀░░░░███████░░░░░░███████░░░░▀
▀░███████▌░░░░░░▐███████░▀
▀▀████▌░░░░░░▐████▀▀
▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀

VultureFund

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 11:03:00 PM

WBB??!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  C'mon eat my shit man!!
You look serious but WBB???  Muahahaahaha. If WBB is a good coin my shit smells like heaven man. Cool Cool
I'm in, like you, but my profits of this scam-shit will be to invest in serious coins like ETH, LTC and CLAMS. Good try to pump your shitty WBB! Wink Wink

(in Sep. 26 CLAM price was around 0.0055)

Hi CLAM believers. I'm not gonna lie, I have bad news for you.
Your shitty coin is so overpriced, so we have decided to act in this market.

What has happened to you in just 2 months? Who hurt you? Who turn your serious coins to invest into shitty coins?

Hehe  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy I was expecting for one "smart-guy" to say so. But you made a big mistake little boy.  Cool

I said "invest", but not if I invested in long or short positions young man. Grin Grin Grin I'm short in all these shits since middle of year and you just cannot imagine how my trading wallet looks like, but even with HUGE profits on CLAMS, I keep saying that this shit is super overvalued, and I'm not the only one who thinks so...

Have a nice day bigfoots. I expect someone to raise this to 0.003, it would be very funny. Wink Anyway, it's not gonna happen, want facts? Here you have one: 0.0025 WAS THE TOP, IT WILL NEVER TOUCH NOR SURPASS IT AGAIN.

Keep buying these shits man, but then don't cry saying SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!! like teenagers. Wink

You know one more way to tell you're full of shit up to your ears? Wink I could disprove your assertion with a measily 16BTC right now, in one swipe I could blast through 250K sats just like that. It really doesn't take much to raise the price.

You make only 15BTC/month and you think you are untouchable? LOL

Kid, just stop talking and leave. You are a fool and nothing more than a little keyboard warrior

Wouldn't you like to make 15 BTC a month with ZERO risk? I feel untouchable here because I'm untouchable here. There's no way to lose unless poloniex stoles my money. Seems you don't understand the concept of market control.

I insist man, try to pump this, we'll apreciate that. Wink
Northstar

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 11:12:06 PM

You look serious but WBB???  Muahahaahaha. If WBB is a good coin my shit smells like heaven man. Cool Cool
I'm in, like you, but my profits of this scam-shit will be to invest in serious coins like ETH, LTC and CLAMS. Good try to pump your shitty WBB! Wink Wink

What has happened to you in just 2 months? Who hurt you? Who turn your serious coins to invest into shitty coins?

Hehe  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy I was expecting for one "smart-guy" to say so. But you made a big mistake little boy.  Cool

I said "invest", but not if I invested in long or short positions young man. Grin Grin Grin I'm short in all these shits since middle of year and you just cannot imagine how my trading wallet looks like, but even with HUGE profits on CLAMS, I keep saying that this shit is super overvalued, and I'm not the only one who thinks so...

Have a nice day bigfoots. I expect someone to raise this to 0.003, it would be very funny. Wink Anyway, it's not gonna happen, want facts? Here you have one: 0.0025 WAS THE TOP, IT WILL NEVER TOUCH NOR SURPASS IT AGAIN.

Keep buying these shits man, but then don't cry saying SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!! like teenagers. Wink

You know one more way to tell you're full of shit up to your ears? Wink I could disprove your assertion with a measily 16BTC right now, in one swipe I could blast through 250K sats just like that. It really doesn't take much to raise the price.

Kid, just stop talking and leave. You are a fool and nothing more than a little keyboard warrior

Wouldn't you like to make 15 BTC a month with ZERO risk? I feel untouchable here because I'm untouchable here. There's no way to lose unless poloniex stoles my money. Seems you don't understand the concept of market control.

Unlike your sorry self, I am not in the pump'n'dump business. However, in order to protect myself from scamsters, I have spent considerable time learning the ways of lowlifes such as yourself. Your little ploy here is half-assed and will not work. If you want to excel in your craft, you will have  to be a lot more cunning and a much better strategist than you have shown yourself to be.

So you may now exit quietly.

By the way, if you have positions to liquidate, might wanna hurry up before the price crashes? Or do you like losing money? You seem to be pretty proud of your supposed ability to make it? Doesn't add up...
VultureFund

Activity: 366

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 11:20:49 PM

Unlike your sorry self, I am not in the pump'n'dump business. However, in order to protect myself from scamsters, I have spent considerable time learning the ways of lowlifes such as yourself. Your little ploy here is half-assed and will not work. If you want to excel in your craft, you will have  to be a lot more cunning and a much better strategist than you have shown yourself to be.

By the way, if you have positions to liquidate, might wanna hurry up before the price crashes? Or do you like losing money? You seem to be pretty proud of your supposed ability to make it? Doesn't add up...

WTF man.?! Shocked

I'm not english but if I understood Ok you think I'm long in this shit Huh!!!

Look, I'm not a lowlife but I come for a poor family status and this is the best way I have for now to make money. I'm not proud of it, but I hadn't the luck to be born in a rich family.

You, that like reasonable people, should recognize when someone is reasonable or not... I think i've been clear. Wink
gamblingbad

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 11:23:24 PM

WBB??!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  C'mon eat my shit man!!
You look serious but WBB???  Muahahaahaha. If WBB is a good coin my shit smells like heaven man. Cool Cool

Hehe  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy I was expecting for one "smart-guy" to say so. But you made a big mistake little boy.  Cool

Unlike your sorry self, I am not in the pump'n'dump business. However, in order to protect myself from scamsters, I have spent considerable time learning the ways of lowlifes such as yourself. Your little ploy here is half-assed and will not work. If you want to excel in your craft, you will have  to be a lot more cunning and a much better strategist than you have shown yourself to be.

WTF man.?! Shocked

Look, I'm not a lowlife but I come for a poor family status and this is the best way I have for now to make money. I'm not proud of it, but I hadn't the luck to be born in a rich family.

You, that like reasonable people, should recognize when someone is reasonable or not... I think i've been clear. Wink

There is not enough clam out for loan on polo to short it down to 0.0005. Unless u want to raise interest rates there pretty high people will deposit to loan out for your short. No point to disqus if you not gonna short it

░▄░   ████   ░▄░
████░░██████░░████
████░░██████░░████
░▀    ████    ▀░
Bit-Exo

▄████████████████
                ▐█▀

▄████████▄
          ▄██████████████▄
       ▄▄ ████████████████ ▄▄
      ████████████████████████
      ▀██▄  ████████████  ▄██▀
        ▀██▄ ██████████ ▄██▀
          ▀██████████████▀
          ▀██▀████████▀██▀
              ▄██████▄
           ▄████████████▄
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄
▄▄████▌░░░░░░▐████▄▄
▀▀████▌░░░░░░▐████▀▀
▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀

Northstar

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 11:42:58 PM

WTF man.?! Shocked

You just proved my point, that you don't really have anything to sell, but rather, you're looking to buy. Like I said, this whole thing wasn't very well thought out from the start.

I have no pity for your situation, I couldn't possibly care less where you come from and how rich or poor you may be. So since you've been dealt a bad hand by life, you see it fit to advance yourself at the expense of others? Because that's what pumping/dumping is, and there is a reason why it's outlawed in the US and probably most other jurisdictions as it pertains to publicly traded securities.

And I don't think you can be defined as even remotely reasonable. Dishonest and lacking integrity is more like it.
ReturnOfTheMAC

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 12:36:36 AM

WTF man.?! Shocked

You just proved my point, that you don't really have anything to sell, but rather, you're looking to buy. Like I said, this whole thing wasn't very well thought out from the start.

I have no pity for your situation, I couldn't possibly care less where you come from and how rich or poor you may be. So since you've been dealt a bad hand by life, you see it fit to advance yourself at the expense of others? Because that's what pumping/dumping is, and there is a reason why it's outlawed in the US and probably most other jurisdictions as it pertains to publicly traded securities.

And I don't think you can be defined as even remotely reasonable. Dishonest and lacking integrity is more like it.

Smackdown of the day goes to Northstar! haha

SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 12:40:13 AM

Hehe  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy I was expecting for one "smart-guy" to say so. But you made a big mistake little boy.  Cool

"Good Bye fair world" received loud and clear.
Thank you.

Further conversation about your personal trading situation is off-topic.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 12:57:28 AM

+1

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
o_dima

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:32:47 AM

There's a 4 hour gap between 1 and 2, but then there's very little gap between step 2 and 3, or between all your future votes, since when you stake only one of your small outputs is locked up for 500 blocks and the rest keep on trying to stake.

Thank you for explanation.  What I've got - cheating with voting almost useless as the weight of  CLAMspeech "voice" depends on  currently staking amount - isn't it?

Also thanks for improving clarity of clamour_weights page.
But what is still unclear at least for me:
as I understand these %% represents only Just-Dice's bankroll, .
So if
Code:
12:01:14 INFO: 819,509 CLAM were dug up and 656,419 CLAM were staked for a total of 1,475,927 CLAM
12:01:14 INFO: Just-Dice's onsite bankroll of 1,089,797 CLAM represents 73.84% of that amount
then
Code:
"ea06c089 has 10.31% support..."
means
"10.31 * 0.7384 = 7.61% support within all network"  - right?
And how can we know voting weights of 26.16% rest staking CLAMs which are outside of JD?
daxxog

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 02:01:54 PM

"Good Bye fair world" received loud and clear.
Thank you.

Gotta love trolls. Only 10 BTC would move it past that price.
GordoZ

Activity: 145
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:21:59 PM

Hi. Would someone explain me why was proposed to change the staking reward from 1 Clam t o10 Clam?
Give me the good and bads.
Thanx.
webchris

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 05:34:25 PM

Hi. Would someone explain me why was proposed to change the staking reward from 1 Clam t o10 Clam?
Thanx.

Well I didn't make the petition, but it would dilute the supply which would benefit current owners of the coin and hurt future diggers. If you have 10k clams today, you will be staking 10x more clams. If you have 10k undug clams that you will discover and dig up next year, then your supply has not rising at all while the current owners now have more, meaning your value of clams should be less comparably.

This could have the effect of lowering the price of clams as there would be more supply, however stakeholders would have more clam so that should offset any losses in price. Also, the loss in value to future diggers would help offset some of the price/supply issues caused by the increased staking.

Join a Safe Shared LUX Masternode -> https://www.luxmasternode.com
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:42:12 PM

Thanx.

Well I didn't make the petition, but it would dilute the supply which would benefit current owners of the coin and hurt future diggers. If you have 10k clams today, you will be staking 10x more clams. If you have 10k undug clams that you will discover and dig up next year, then your supply has not rising at all while the current owners now have more, meaning your value of clams should be less comparably.

This could have the effect of lowering the price of clams as there would be more supply, however stakeholders would have more clam so that should offset any losses in price. Also, the loss in value to future diggers would help offset some of the price/supply issues caused by the increased staking.

Not sure how this would work.. even though the supply is bigger any future whale diggers would be able to stake 10x as many coins 

Is there a cost associated with submitting a proposal? Maybe that will dissuade some of the half-baked ideas that will inevitably be proposed
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:47:51 PM

Thanx.

It is true that stakers will retain (and even increase as I will explain here) their share of the coin supply. People who actively transact will see their share decline. Currently the stake rate is about 3% per month. If that is suddenly increased by 10x, it will be 30% per month. Someone whose coins aren't staking for just 24 hours out of a month will lose 1% value (coins are ineligible to stake for 4 hours after moving and can't be moved for 8 hours after staking). This will likely lead to increase concentration of ownership over time.

The price decline in the markets will be visible and not helpful. It will appear the coin is doing poorly even though, all else being equal, the market cap would not be affected.

The increase will increase the incentive to stake and secure the network. Currently only about 2/3 of the dug coins are staking.

All three of these effects are temporary as the fixed-reward system converges toward a 0% staking inflation rate regardless of the starting rate. The money supply would have to increase by 10x before the higher reward converges to the same percentage rate as the lower, which will take some time. 3%/month is already a pretty high rate for all three effects IMO.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:53:21 PM

Thanx.

Not sure how this would work.. even though the supply is bigger any future whale diggers would be able to stake 10x as many coins 

webchris is right. The one-time (?) 10x increase makes staking now much more valuable than staking later, because the amount of the stake reward is fixed and is divided among all staking coins. So as the money supply (and presumably the number of coins being staked) rapidly increases at about 30% per month under this proposal, the rate of return from staking decreases accordingly.

At 10x the rate we would have >5 million coins being staked per year and the original 15 million free CLAMs will decrease in value very quickly (as will any CLAMs that are not being staked).

EDIT: Previously miscalculated the 10x rate as 50 million coins per year; it is only 5 million.
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 06:01:12 PM

Thanx.
webchris is right. The one-time (?) 10x increase makes staking now much more valuable than staking later, because the amount of the stake reward is fixed and is divided among all staking coins. So as the money supply (and presumably the number of coins being staked) rapidly increases at about 30% per month under this proposal, the rate of return from staking decreases accordingly.
At 10x the rate we would have >50 million coins being staked per year and the original 15 million free CLAMs will be worth next to nothing relatively quickly (as will any CLAMs that are not being staked).

An interesting proposal, though I think it would be a mistake to implement it.

The proportion of un-'dug' CLAM to 'dug' CLAM could be altered without drastically changing the projected money supply.

I intend to write and issue a petition for the per-byte-per-block change sometime later this week, if I can hammer out the details appropriately.
A side-effect of this change would likely satisfy the above proportion change, over time, without changing the total money supply.

Of course, users/stakeholders will have to judge things for themselves.

P-Funk

Activity: 360

Token

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 06:14:20 PM

Increasing the stake reward to 10 clams/minute would probably have an averse affect on available clam supply at the market, which is pretty healthy right now. I expect many clams would be pulled off Poloniex (and make other lower volume markets even thinner) because they're not staking there. Right now it seems like not staking is acceptable, but if stake supply went up 10 times, holders wouldn't want to get diluted quickly.
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 06:16:22 PM

Increasing the stake reward to 10 clams/minute would probably have an averse affect on available clam supply at the market, which is pretty healthy right now.

The Poloniex market is certainly much more liquid than it has been in the past; though, I cry a bit when I think of all the CLAM stakes missed by those who have their CLAM in the Poloniex books Tongue

gamblingbad

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 06:21:51 PM

Increasing the stake reward to 10 clams/minute would probably have an averse affect on available clam supply at the market, which is pretty healthy right now.

The Poloniex market is certainly much more liquid than it has been in the past; though, I cry a bit when I think of all the CLAM stakes missed by those who have their CLAM in the Poloniex books Tongue

People get intrest, even higher then stake=P

░▄░   ████   ░▄░
████░░██████░░████
████░░██████░░████
░▀    ████    ▀░
Bit-Exo

▄████████████████
                ▐█▀

▄████████▄
          ▄██████████████▄
       ▄▄ ████████████████ ▄▄
      ████████████████████████
      ▀██▄  ████████████  ▄██▀
        ▀██▄ ██████████ ▄██▀
          ▀██████████████▀
          ▀██▀████████▀██▀
              ▄██████▄
           ▄████████████▄
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄
▄▄████▌░░░░░░▐████▄▄
▀▀████▌░░░░░░▐████▀▀
▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀

Pages: « 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: