Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:10:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150748 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 11:09:26 PM

Trying to do the math on the Proof-Of-Chain distribution.
CLAMS has a total POSSIBLE distribution of 15 Million.
I think that is not taking everything into consideration, however.
Actual Total Distribution = Total Possible - Lost BTC/LTC/DOGE privateKeys - Destroyed BTC/LTC/DOGE privateKeys - Un-Redeemed BTC/LTC/DOGE privateKeys
The question is, what does that mean?
I would expect the total distribution of CLAMS to be EXREMELY LESS than 15 Million at any given time.  In order to get to the full 15 Million possible distribution it would have to be one of if not THE world's leading crypto-currency.
Mining inflation normally destroys coins.
For every coin created by mining, there must be an equal in-flow of dollars of demand.  If there isn't then the value of the coin drops.
With CLAMS, there is no mining and only 1% Proof-Of-Stake.
So each unit of demand should only be counter-acted by new users who redeem their CLAMS.  And, new users who redeem their CLAMS are in and of themselves a source of demand.
If you add to that equation the kHashier.com multi-pool, which has been stacking BTC while waiting for the markets to adopt and have a stable market for CLAMS.....
I still think those who dump their CLAMS immediately after redeeming, or those who don't keep an eye on this one will deeply regret it.
I don't see a single negative when the economics are considered.
Just my two-cents.
^^ We think all of those assumptions are reasonable.
We designed CLAMS with the idea that inflation cause by claiming CLAMS would correlate to and be counter-balanced with an increase in demand.
The idea was to create stability, instead of the extreme mining pump and dump inflation cycle.
You seem intelligent, and we are glad you agree Grin

I think people will look back on these posts in some months and wonder how the hell they missed it.  Maybe not.  But with all the billion coin supply cryptos, it is rare to see one that makes economic and adoption sense.

More Users = More Coins.

So simple, yet it makes so much sense.

If this one ever catches fire, watch out world.

Now I'm confused. Aren't you two the same person?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 11:17:49 PM

Aww Doog, that's not an appropriate analogy. In context, his statement was about dismissing the threat of JD being over 70% of all CLAM holders because all the money on JD belongs to investors, not you, which as we both know is not a salient point re: CLAM concentration. To use your analogy, my claim to "ownership" of the car in your example is completely irrelevant to your ability to smash it into the wall after I hand you the keys. No one is disputing the legal/moral claim to ownership of the coins on JD, but the ability to control them is what is in question. If you don't like the term "ownership," substitute it with Custody, which is what it's called in the financial world. That reflects that you don't rightfully own it, but you have full ability to control it.

I think the analogy works just fine. I don't own the borrowed car, but can totally drive it into a wall if I want to.

Custody works better, yes.

My tone on this page and the last may seem more antagonistic than it really is, doog, but this is typical open source rhetoric - we're not all coders.

And that's typical open source rebuttal. Nobody says you have to write the code yourself. You can pay someone to write it for you.

What you can't reasonably do is expect "the higher ups" to write it for you.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 11:46:16 PM

Trying to do the math on the Proof-Of-Chain distribution.
CLAMS has a total POSSIBLE distribution of 15 Million.
I think that is not taking everything into consideration, however.
Actual Total Distribution = Total Possible - Lost BTC/LTC/DOGE privateKeys - Destroyed BTC/LTC/DOGE privateKeys - Un-Redeemed BTC/LTC/DOGE privateKeys
The question is, what does that mean?
I would expect the total distribution of CLAMS to be EXREMELY LESS than 15 Million at any given time.  In order to get to the full 15 Million possible distribution it would have to be one of if not THE world's leading crypto-currency.
Mining inflation normally destroys coins.
For every coin created by mining, there must be an equal in-flow of dollars of demand.  If there isn't then the value of the coin drops.
With CLAMS, there is no mining and only 1% Proof-Of-Stake.
So each unit of demand should only be counter-acted by new users who redeem their CLAMS.  And, new users who redeem their CLAMS are in and of themselves a source of demand.
If you add to that equation the kHashier.com multi-pool, which has been stacking BTC while waiting for the markets to adopt and have a stable market for CLAMS.....
I still think those who dump their CLAMS immediately after redeeming, or those who don't keep an eye on this one will deeply regret it.
I don't see a single negative when the economics are considered.
Just my two-cents.
^^ We think all of those assumptions are reasonable.
We designed CLAMS with the idea that inflation cause by claiming CLAMS would correlate to and be counter-balanced with an increase in demand.
The idea was to create stability, instead of the extreme mining pump and dump inflation cycle.
You seem intelligent, and we are glad you agree Grin
I think people will look back on these posts in some months and wonder how the hell they missed it.  Maybe not.  But with all the billion coin supply cryptos, it is rare to see one that makes economic and adoption sense.
More Users = More Coins.
So simple, yet it makes so much sense.
If this one ever catches fire, watch out world.
Now I'm confused. Aren't you two the same person?

SuperClam was much more of a 'combined' account around the launch of CLAM, with all of the messages being cross-pasted back and forth and cross-edited.

You've uncovered two super-secret treasures:
  • A cross-compliment between xploited and I, and
  • A failed attempt to bump the thread so people actual found out about CLAM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
danonthehill

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 11:47:21 PM

Dooglus noticed this and was smart to figure out the total coins that I have yet to dig. He posted a comment on this thread and THAT was the reason why the price dumped hard. That's how markets work. Oh, and the chat about forking the coin made the price dump even harder.

Told ya....played like a violin.
clf99

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

liberty

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 11:54:20 PM

i have stupid questions.  where do i ask those?  such as why does my client say spendable 300 stake 0?

Every year the world is getting more peaceful.
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 11:56:11 PM

i have stupid questions.  where do i ask those?  such as why does my client say spendable 300 stake 0?

Stop into freenode IRC, #clams. 
Talk to creativeCLAM.

Happy to walk you through basic usage Smiley

P-Funk

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

Token

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:00:39 AM

Ok, guys. I'm the whale digger. I can prove it if necessary.

Yes, it is true that I am digging and selling my CLAMs for BTC. Though I am not dumping hard. I usually just put asks above the market price. I rarely ever do a market sell order. So although I am adding sell pressure to the price by adding asks to the orderbook, I am not "dumping" technically. The main reason why the price crashed hard is because the fear of me dumping. This lead everyone else to dump. Unfortunately, I made a error in my digging code when I did not randomize my dig addresses. Dooglus noticed this and was smart to figure out the total coins that I have yet to dig. He posted a comment on this thread and THAT was the reason why the price dumped hard. That's how markets work. Oh, and the chat about forking the coin made the price dump even harder.

I decided Yesterday to accelerate the dig but not change my selling strategy. So I should finish digging up all my coins in a few days. Maybe that will alleviate some of the fear. Sure, I will still sell CLAM for BTC when I feel it's a good price. I am not stupid. I will not dump the price to nothing and kill the coin. The market was doing that and not me.

Ask me anything, though I may or may not answer some questions. Cheesy

Howdy, glad to see the situation of uncertainty changing now! Congratulations on lucking out with Clams. I have a couple things I've been wondering:

Did you find out about Clam in August? Or did you know about it and wait until it was worth digging to you? What were your thoughts/feelings on all these seemingly worthless private keys for old empty addresses being suddenly worth good money?

How come you didn't come forward earlier? One thing that confused me about the anonymous digging was that it ultimately reduced the amount of bitcoin you'll be able to trade the Clams for.
EGStrategies

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:09:41 AM

Isn't it a curious curiosity that your name is so similar to the creative creator of CLAM?

Congrats on digging so many CLAMs.

Some random intrusive questions - feel free not to answer any you don't like, of course:

* is this mostly all one big BTC wallet, or have you been collecting a bunch of wallets?
* is it from a real service, or was it created just for the sake of having a lot of addresses?
* how many BTC did you make so far from digging and selling?
* do you have an account on Just-Dice? I'm sure people there would like to talk to you "live"

If I was the creator of CLAM, I would not have picked a name so similar or I would just use a new account to post. Smiley
I believe that the CLAM creator was honest and did not pre-seed a lot of addresses before the launch.

What do you mean by one big wallet versus a bunch of wallets. Wallet is just a virtual concept. It holds a lot of addresses. Does it matter if I separated my addresses into multiple wallets versus 1 big one?

Sorry, but not going to answer some questions. And I do not have an account on JD.

That is one crazy coincidence that your account was made before clam and your name is what it is. Did you consider the value implications, regardless of whether you are or aren't, of using this name rather than just making a new account? I believe you btw, just saying that it's an extreme coincidence and will be perceived in a way that creates uncertainty. I guess at this point it would be pretty hard to bring CLAM's price much lower but is that something you're committed to doing? How do you value sale rate vs price (are you trying to get out fast or slow?) Are you planning on just selling and leaving or being involved in clam somehow long term?

AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:35:18 AM

Howdy, glad to see the situation of uncertainty changing now! Congratulations on lucking out with Clams. I have a couple things I've been wondering:

Did you find out about Clam in August? Or did you know about it and wait until it was worth digging to you? What were your thoughts/feelings on all these seemingly worthless private keys for old empty addresses being suddenly worth good money?

How come you didn't come forward earlier? One thing that confused me about the anonymous digging was that it ultimately reduced the amount of bitcoin you'll be able to trade the Clams for.

I've found out about Clams before August and didn't think much about it because it wasn't worth much. In August, I came back to it and realized it was actually worth a lot. So decided to dig them up. I was extremely excited and happy about it obviously.

I didn't come forward earlier because I didn't know what good it would do. I think I was wrong.

Where did you get all the addresses to dig?

FOR RENT.
Coinonomous

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:35:52 AM

I've found out about Clams before August and didn't think much about it because it wasn't worth much. In August, I came back to it and realized it was actually worth a lot. So decided to dig them up. I was extremely excited and happy about it obviously.

I didn't come forward earlier because I didn't know what good it would do. I think I was wrong.

Hey, we all do what we think is best at the time, fuck it. At least you came forward at all, otherwise, everyone would be dumping right? (I don't even own any anymore, but following the thread still).

cheers.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,     

,p████████████████████N,   

d█████████████████████████b   

d██████████████████████████████æ 

,████²█████████████████████████████,

,█████ ╙████████████████████╨ █████y

██████  `████████████████`  ██████

║██████   Ñ███████████`   ███████

███████    ╩██████Ñ    ███████

███████  ▐▄  ²██╩  a▌ ███████

╢██████  ▐▓█▄     ▄█▓▌  ███████

██████  ▐▓▓▓▓▌▄█▓▓▓▌ ██████─

▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌     

▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌     

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─ 

²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩   

▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   

²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`     

²²²         

AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:43:44 AM

That is one crazy coincidence that your account was made before clam and your name is what it is. Did you consider the value implications, regardless of whether you are or aren't, of using this name rather than just making a new account? I believe you btw, just saying that it's an extreme coincidence and will be perceived in a way that creates uncertainty. I guess at this point it would be pretty hard to bring CLAM's price much lower but is that something you're committed to doing? How do you value sale rate vs price (are you trying to get out fast or slow?) Are you planning on just selling and leaving or being involved in clam somehow long term?

It's not a crazy to have an account earlier than the birth of clams. And I'm not sure why you think the name curious is close to creative. Sure, they both start with a c. And no, it did not occur to me that it would create uncertainty and that I should use a new account.

I am not committed to decreasing the price of clam. I obviously want the price to go back up. So hopefully, by coming forward, it can help the price.

I am selling relatively slowly. Basically what the market can bear. The recent drop was because of the fear of me dumping and not because my selling actually caused it.

I probably will stick around. Clam is one of the few good altcoins. I was disappointed to see people wanting to change the rules because of me. That would kill the coin a lot quicker than anything I could do. When I'm done selling, the price will recover. But if you change the rules, you lose trust and clams will just become like all the other scamcoins.

Not exactly unbiased to claim that Clam would die if we changed the rules, coming from someone that is gaming the current system to make $100,000s..

FOR RENT.
doothewop

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

I like the clowns and the little dogs

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 01:46:25 AM

coming from someone that is gaming the current system to make $100,000s..

What are you, kidding?  Do you even know what the system is?

If you had a bunch of funded addresses, I suppose you wouldn't dig them up?
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 02:32:43 AM

Not exactly unbiased to claim that Clam would die if we changed the rules, coming from someone that is gaming the current system to make $100,000s..

It's pretty unbiased. Changing rules for Clam will not have any affect on me liquidating my clams. You can't make the change without a hardfork and you need at least a couple weeks (if not months) to do the hardfork. I can always accelerate my digging if that's the case. Which you can see, I'm doing right now.

A I wrong in assuming most of these addresses were funded from faucets originally? When the digging started I had analyzed a few of the addresses, and that is the conclusion I came to. Looking over the 2 addresses you signed, I am still under the same assumption.
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 03:25:48 AM

A I wrong in assuming most of these addresses were funded from faucets originally? When the digging started I had analyzed a few of the addresses, and that is the conclusion I came to. Looking over the 2 addresses you signed, I am still under the same assumption.
I won't say, but wouldn't it be so sad if I was just scamming faucet payouts for tiny amounts of bitcoin. And those faucets payout didn't make me much but it made me a ton of clams!

Why not stake your bounty; and, set-up a host of bounties to ensure a growth in value over time? Smiley

Plenty of areas CLAM could use bounties and work, such as privacy, services, etc. Smiley

jpcfan

Activity: 905
Merit: 502

I miss dooglus

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 03:45:24 AM

thank god BAC isnt the digger.

j/k BAC

120%50%    ████████
    ████████
  ████████
  ████████
████████
████████
████████
  ████████
  ████████
    ████████
    ████████
DUCK
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
DICE████████
████████
  ████████
  ████████
    ████████
    ████████
    ████████
  ████████
  ████████
████████
████████
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:47:28 AM

Clam is one of the few good altcoins. I was disappointed to see people wanting to change the rules because of me. That would kill the coin a lot quicker than anything I could do. When I'm done selling, the price will recover. But if you change the rules, you lose trust and clams will just become like all the other scamcoins.

THIS.

Well, I don't think so.

When he's done selling, someone else will (eventually) start. There are another 14 million or so undug CLAMs out there.

I think a lot of what separates CLAM from "all the other scamcoins" is that an established service requires its use. That is the case whether or not the rules change.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
alrachid

Activity: 101

Just another man trying to find his way.

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 05:28:47 AM

Having a digger reveal himself gave me 0% more trust in this coin. All seems fishy to me, like there is more to the story.

Make Money To Buy Crypto By Doing Online Surveys! http://bit.ly/2pDUMPJ
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:49:01 AM

Having a digger reveal himself gave me 0% more trust in this coin. All seems fishy to me, like there is more to the story.

I don't understand how it could have given anyone any more confidence. We already knew he existed. I don't think we've learned anything new.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
marilyn4325

Activity: 229
Merit: 134

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:10:05 AM

I don't understand how it could have given anyone any more confidence. We already knew he existed. I don't think we've learned anything new.
We've learned that he doesn't do big dumps and crash the price too much (at least he says that), and we can be more sure of some upper limit of how much more CLAMs are going to be sold at Poloniex in the near future, if no other whale finds some coins.
jpcfan

Activity: 905
Merit: 502

I miss dooglus

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:16:49 AM

We've learned that he doesn't do big dumps and crash the price too much (at least he says that), and we can be more sure of some upper limit of how much more CLAMs are going to be sold at Poloniex in the near future, if no other whale finds some coins.

before the digger started clam was $3.83 now its at $0.43

120%50%    ████████
    ████████
  ████████
  ████████
████████
████████
████████
  ████████
  ████████
    ████████
    ████████
DUCK
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
DICE████████
████████
  ████████
  ████████
    ████████
    ████████
    ████████
  ████████
  ████████
████████
████████
Pages: « 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: