Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:48:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150786 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 05:45:26 AM

Maybe it would be better to actually fix the syncing in the client?

It would be, for sure.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 06:12:07 AM

Do a rescan and your CLAM should show up Smiley

how should I proceed ?

As Creative says, run the clam client with the -rescan command line argument.

How did you import your wallet? I wonder why it didn't rescan automatically for you. It should do.

Which version of the client did you use?

Thanks guys, that did the trick  Wink
pogress

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 04:24:38 PM

What do you think about the reasons there are only about half shares voting petition? I think substantional part of the non voters dont know about the voting feature. What about making announcement on the front page of JD about the voting + maybe doing it a bit simpler (checkboxes) + better description of petitions (mostly the one line gives so little info)
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 04:33:52 PM

What do you think about the reasons there are only about half shares voting petition? I think substantional part of the non voters dont know about the voting feature. What about making announcement on the front page of JD about the voting + maybe doing it a bit simpler (checkboxes) + better description of petitions (mostly the one line gives so little info)

I already have too much power around CLAM. JD stakes the majority of the CLAMs, I contribute to the CLAM client code, I post here a lot.

I think somebody else should make a site about the petitions, and how to support petitions, and explain some of the more popular petitions. It can include instructions for voting on Just-Dice, and I can improve the interface on Just-Dice too. I don't like the idea of checkboxes, because it means I either have to manually decide which petitions to include checkboxes for (which is a chore I'd rather not take on), or have it automatically list them all, including "dog humping its own mouth" (which would obviously be abused).

I would happily link to such a site from Just-Dice. I don't want to leave myself open to accusations of pushing through my own agenda, and so would rather somebody else took on the job of raising awareness of the CLAMour system.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
gamblingbad

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

https://bit-exo.com/?ref=gamblingbad

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 09:15:58 PM

That clamour stuff was just a scam to shut up the people who wanted end digging?
When need 90% of votes to make any changes that clamour stuff has really no meaning.
Is hard enough get over 50% to care, but over 90% of votes they get only in North Korea and places like that.

░▄░   ████   ░▄░
████░░██████░░████
▄▄░░▄██████████████████▄░░▄▄
░██████████████████████████████░
▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
▄▄▄█████▌                  ▀█████▄▄▄
▐████████▌                   ▐███████▌
▀███████▌     ███████▄      ▐██████▀
▄███████▌     ███████▀      ▐██████▄
▐█████████▌     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▄█████████▌
▐█████████▌                   ▀████████▌
▀███████▌     ████████▄      ▐█████▀
▄███████▌     ████████▀      ▐█████▄
▐████████▌     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▐██████▌
▀▀▀█████▌                   ▄████▀▀▀
▄████▌                 ▄█████▄
▀▀░░▀██████████████████▀░░▀▀
████░░██████░░████
░▀    ████    ▀░
Bit-Exo

▄████████████████
                ▐█▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▐████████████████████████████
▄██▄ █████████████████████████████
▀██▀ ████           █     ▐██   █
 ▐▌  ████  ██████▌  █     ██    █
 ▐▌  ████  ██ ▐██   █    ▐█▌    █
 ▐▌  ████     ██    █    ██     █
 ▐▌  ████    ▐█▌    █   ▐█▌     █
█████████    ██     █           █
▀▀▀▀▀████   ▐█▌     █           █
     ████           █           █
     █████████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████

▄████████▄
          ▄██████████████▄
       ▄▄ ████████████████ ▄▄
      ████████████████████████
     ▐█▌  ▀██████████████▀  ▐█▌
     ▐█▄   ▐████████████▌   ▄█▌
      ▀██▄  ████████████  ▄██▀
        ▀██▄ ██████████ ▄██▀
          ▀██████████████▀
          ▀██▀████████▀██▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ██████       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████▌▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀▀▀▀███████████ ████ ███████████▀▀▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████▌▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ▄██████▄
           ▄████████████▄
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄
▄▄████▌░░░░░░▐████▄▄
▄░███████▌░░░░░░▐███████░▄
▄░░░░███████░░░░░░███████░░░░▄
▄░░░░░░██████████████████░░░░░░▄
▐░░░░░░░░████  ██  ██████░░░░░░░░▌
░░░░░░░░░███▀        ▀█████░░░░░░░░
▐▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄  ▐███▄   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▌
█████████████  ▐███▀   █████████████
█████████████         ▀█████████████
█████████████  ▐████▄   ████████████
▐▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀  ▐████▀   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▌
░░░░░░░░░███▄         ▄████░░░░░░░░
▀░░░░░░██████████████████░░░░░░▀
▀░░░░███████░░░░░░███████░░░░▀
▀░███████▌░░░░░░▐███████░▀
▀▀████▌░░░░░░▐████▀▀
▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀

SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 12:39:50 AM

That clamour stuff was just a scam to shut up the people who wanted end digging?
When need 90% of votes to make any changes that clamour stuff has really no meaning.
Is hard enough get over 50% to care, but over 90% of votes they get only in North Korea and places like that.

I have purposely not been pushing CLAMour yet, as we don't have a user-friendly client compiled and ready to go for less-technical users. 

It was announced as a post in the thread because it doesn't require an update, and I wanted some limited usage to identify any major problems.

In the end, it would be preferable that there is a user-friendly method to self-verify results and place support in the client.

The UI for placing support is essentially complete (thanks kefkius) and the self-verify portion is underway, though bogged down in an update to fix -reindex (to my understanding).

Once everything is in line so that ALL users can participate in a user-friendly manner; it will be pushed out on the webpage (which is going to get another drastic makeover), social, etc.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 12:42:22 AM

Where did you get the 90% number from?  I was under the impression it was 50.1%.  + one programmer to make the changes.   

ReturnOfTheMAC

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 02:26:42 AM

I have purposely not been pushing CLAMour yet, as we don't have a user-friendly client compiled and ready to go for less-technical users. 

It was announced as a post in the thread because it doesn't require an update, and I wanted some limited usage to identify any major problems.

In the end, it would be preferable that there is a user-friendly method to self-verify results and place support in the client.

The UI for placing support is essentially complete (thanks kefkius) and the self-verify portion is underway, though bogged down in an update to fix -reindex (to my understanding).

Once everything is in line so that ALL users can participate in a user-friendly manner; it will be pushed out on the webpage (which is going to get another drastic makeover), social, etc.

Looking forward to it! Keep up the great work guys Smiley

thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 03:13:01 AM

This is very good news, although it is really easy to use it on JD if you can follow the simple instructions on his site. The local clients will benefit the most from a more user friendly GUI and will make people feel like they actually have a choice instead of an illusion of choice.

Thanks for the update and work!
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 04:51:43 AM

Where did you get the 90% number from?  I was under the impression it was 50.1%.  + one programmer to make the changes.   

It would be really stupid to deploy a fork with 50%+1+1 support. It might theoretically succeed but you would have massive reorgs and instability. That plus 50%+1 support during a voting period doesn't mean the same support would be there after the voting period (say a few people change their minds).

You would want a comfortable margin, whatever you think that is.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 09:13:08 AM

This is the first I've heard of 90% support being needed.

Incidentally here's the support for each petition over the last 10,000 blocks:

$ clamd getsupport
{
  "threshold" : 0,
  "window" : 10000,
  "endblock" : 805025,
  "startblock" : 795026,
  "support" : {
    "0000cb61" : 195,
    "02fde4a4" : 499,
    "066b223d" : 69,
    "26dfbf81" : 38,
    "5afa074c" : 3807,
    "694c26a6" : 413,
    "7a69a853" : 1664,
    "c9328886" : 46,
    "deaddea1" : 23,
    "e2ef93da" : 44,
    "ea06c089" : 1713,
    "eff96b06" : 26,
    "ff839af9" : 2261
  }
}

"5afa074c" (stop digging) has the most support, at 38.07%

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 01:05:55 PM

I have a question about clam,

If i check the blockchain explorer it says that clam have a total supply of 15 million , but at coinmarketcap it says 1,5 million

Whats the diffrence ?, cause its a huge diffrence between a $2 mill cap or $20 mil market cap what is right ?
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 01:27:41 PM

If i check the blockchain explorer it says that clam have a total supply of 15 million , but at coinmarketcap it says 1,5 million

Whats the diffrence ?, cause its a huge diffrence between a $2 mill cap or $20 mil market cap what is right ?
Its because the initial distribution of clam, there is a lot of clams undug that dont cont in the supply on cmc.

Also such a shame the mouthfuckdog lost its shares.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
Mrboot
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 01:40:33 PM

Its because the initial distribution of clam, there is a lot of clams undug that dont cont in the supply on cmc.

so there in old wallets around and people can still dug them up ? meaning coins suply can increase fast?
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 02:34:58 PM

so there in old wallets around and people can still dug them up ? meaning coins suply can increase fast?
Exactly, we experienced an growth of about 420k CLAM because a digger in the last months, he is done as long as we know. Thats also the reason the price is near .003, the spike was .014 before he came and many bought at those prices because didnt saw the magnitude of the dig. I wonder how many still have access to the wallets.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
Mrboot
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 03:15:47 PM

Exactly, we experienced an growth of about 420k CLAM because a digger in the last months, he is done as long as we know. Thats also the reason the price is near .003, the spike was .014 before he came and many bought at those prices because didnt saw the magnitude of the dig. I wonder how many still have access to the wallets.

wow 420k clams , thats kinda a lot with so small cap , think it might go down a lot then if it happens again 420k is even now 1200 btc
gamblingbad

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 04:11:25 PM

Where did you get the 90% number from?  I was under the impression it was 50.1%.  + one programmer to make the changes.    

It would be really stupid to deploy a fork with 50%+1+1 support. It might theoretically succeed but you would have massive reorgs and instability. That plus 50%+1 support during a voting period doesn't mean the same support would be there after the voting period (say a few people change their minds).

You would want a comfortable margin, whatever you think that is.

I got number from someone who asked xploited.

Think 50% is more then enough. If we had petition for and against digging i doubt we would get more then 80% of staking clams to vote. Because not everyone have a opinion about dig or care about it. So 50% would maybe be like 60-70% of votes for stop digging.

░▄░   ████   ░▄░
████░░██████░░████
████░░██████░░████
░▀    ████    ▀░
Bit-Exo

▄████████████████
                ▐█▀

▄████████▄
          ▄██████████████▄
       ▄▄ ████████████████ ▄▄
      ████████████████████████
      ▀██▄  ████████████  ▄██▀
        ▀██▄ ██████████ ▄██▀
          ▀██████████████▀
          ▀██▀████████▀██▀
              ▄██████▄
           ▄████████████▄
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄
▄▄████▌░░░░░░▐████▄▄
▀▀████▌░░░░░░▐████▀▀
▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀

gamblingbad

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 04:12:55 PM

$ clamd getsupport
{
  }
}

So what is the % need for change anything?

░▄░   ████   ░▄░
████░░██████░░████
████░░██████░░████
░▀    ████    ▀░
Bit-Exo

▄████████████████
                ▐█▀

▄████████▄
          ▄██████████████▄
       ▄▄ ████████████████ ▄▄
      ████████████████████████
      ▀██▄  ████████████  ▄██▀
        ▀██▄ ██████████ ▄██▀
          ▀██████████████▀
          ▀██▀████████▀██▀
              ▄██████▄
           ▄████████████▄
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄
▄▄████▌░░░░░░▐████▄▄
▀▀████▌░░░░░░▐████▀▀
▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀

chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 04:31:08 PM

$ clamd getsupport
{
  }
}

Technically you would need greater then 50%.  But as smooth points out, to make sure you have a smooth transition you would need to make sure you have more then a slight margin.  55%, 60% 70%, but no where near the 90%.  You need enough of a cushion so that if you made the change, you would have greater then 50% staking power to keep moving your chain ahead.   

gamblingbad

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 04:34:01 PM

$ clamd getsupport
{
  }
}

Technically you would need greater then 50%.  But as smooth points out, to make sure you have a smooth transition you would need to make sure you have more then a slight margin.  55%, 60% 70%, but no where near the 90%.  You need enough of a cushion so that if you made the change, you would have greater then 50% staking power to keep moving your chain ahead.   

But not everyone want to vote for or against digging. So if 20% not want to vote for and against. Then 40% is half of the votes

░▄░   ████   ░▄░
████░░██████░░████
████░░██████░░████
░▀    ████    ▀░
Bit-Exo

▄████████████████
                ▐█▀

▄████████▄
          ▄██████████████▄
       ▄▄ ████████████████ ▄▄
      ████████████████████████
      ▀██▄  ████████████  ▄██▀
        ▀██▄ ██████████ ▄██▀
          ▀██████████████▀
          ▀██▀████████▀██▀
              ▄██████▄
           ▄████████████▄
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄
▄▄████▌░░░░░░▐████▄▄
▀▀████▌░░░░░░▐████▀▀
▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀

Pages: « 1 ... 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: