Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:45:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 256 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Altcoin Observer  (Read 387451 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:04:56 PM

IPO... do we really have to discuss this further dEBRUYNE? Wink

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:44:34 PM

Not really, but would like some opinions anyway. It looks like another jl777 hype thing.. Even the code got his name into it.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Skinnkavaj

Activity: 469
Merit: 250

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:48:23 PM

Who buys IPO's?
No IPO coin will be used as a currency anywhere

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:23:40 PM

Who buys IPO's?

It's not an IPO coin(it's not even a coin). You're buying shares in a service I believe. From what I can tell reading the thread anyway.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:26:22 PM

IPOs belong on crowd funding sites or investment banks or Angel Funds or the Dragon's Den. There is no place for them here.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:34:25 PM

IPO .. no IPO .. that not the point ..
I'd like to see a discussion about the merits of the core "SuperNET" idea ..
And the potential impacts ( pro and con ) on the coins discussed on this thread ..

Triff ..

Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:56:42 PM

SuperNET is pretty much designed to turn BBR in to an XMR killer. That's the intention anyway. Take advantage of the network effect and combine forces of Bitcoindark, BBR and any other coin they think has good features.

I'm a bit skeptical(as usual Tongue) because I can't really see how this is supposed to work technically, but I'm certainly not dismissing the concept. And I'll be watching the developments as the idea is unique and interesting.

I don't own any of the involved currencies(XMR, BBR, BTCD), so I have no skin in this game. But it will be very interesting to see what happens. Also, I'm curious about how the XMR camp is going to react to such an aggressive move against them.

jl777 definitely makes crypto interesting! Smiley
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:07:12 PM

SuperNET is pretty much designed to turn BBR in to an XMR killer. That's the intention anyway. Take advantage of the network effect and combine forces of Bitcoindark, BBR and any other coin they think has good features.

I'm a bit skeptical(as usual Tongue) because I can't really see how this is supposed to work technically, but I'm certainly not dismissing the concept. And I'll be watching the developments as the idea is unique and interesting.

I don't own any of the involved currencies(XMR, BBR, BTCD), so I have no skin in this game. But it will be very interesting to see what happens. Also, I'm curious about how the XMR camp is going to react to such an aggressive move against them.

I noticed that. Here is James' post:

The monero camp (not its devs) mistreated me. At least I felt very insulted, especially when my thoughtful post on the XMR observer thread was totally ignored, until one person made a positive comment. Then I am accused of using a sockpuppet! Of all things to attack my integrity. Then my writing is ridiculed. I am incompetent to write a whitepaper, I know this. I only wrote the draft text and hired a professional writer for making it better. I liked the pirates to make it easy to understand for normal peoples. It was supposed to be split into two documents, one just with pirates and one without. I just dont have time for "GUI" things and I rely on others to just do what is needed. I also dont have time to micromanage or pester people. So a lot of things, they are unfinished. I am not a cryptographer, this also is used to dismiss my Teleport. So, making disparaging comments about my integrity, my intelligence, my tech, my coin.

Even I have my limits.

So, I revisit my BBR friends and realize to my horror that it had been beaten down out of top 100! To 1/40th of XMR price. Now nobody really knows who is doing this, but when a coin that has arguably better tech (let us not argue if it is actually better, BBR dev has made changes to the blockformat itself, clearly he is not a mechanic fiddling with settings, he is full blown engine designer!) and making new releases, including user friendly GUI, I wont list all the tech changes, please dont start a debate on which tech is better. Just try them both yourself and you decide which is better. Fair enough. Dont take my word, use your own judgement.

Anyway, the BBR price it turns around, but now there is all sorts of chatter to try to hurt it, but with knowledge the BBR is rising back to a more reasonable 1/5 value. If BBR tech is really as good or microscopically better than any other cryptonote, then what is the right price ratio? What is the right marketcap ratio? I let the market decide. So, now there is these large buying of XMR and some flashing of 1000 BTC buy orders. Clearly big whales are backing XMR and their advocates keep namecalling against BBR. So I feel big sympathy for poor little BBR. I am no big whale, I have not much BTC at all. Then I realize maybe I am able to raise some BTC with SuperNET. And actually this is likely some part of the reason I have started SuperNET. The other is I am still waiting for a release from other dev so I can debug Teleport. The other is a kind PM from noashh that reminded me I was getting a bit stressed and should take some time off. So, I took the weekend off and made this SuperNET. It is really just something that has to be done to counteract the fiat forces and I think the universe has conspired to make all these things happen. So I am lightning rod with all this but that is all, I just happened to be "lucky" enough to be hit by this lightening. Now I have to work so much before I can return to my preferred zen mode...

Anyway, as far as XMR goes. I like the BBR tech better than XMR and I certainly dont like the constant negativity from the XMR camp. Maybe there is nothing the XMR devs can do, but if this is indeed some coordinated smear campaign controlled by some XMR devotees, then they can stop the hostilities and make cooperation. I am not sure if they are able to do this and until they do, I wont have to think about whether XMR can be integrated into SuperNET core. I am a simple C programmer, but when I am personally attacked and get ridiculed when I am asking for the help, I do have a bit of a temper and the universe seems to help me out to defuse this anger in me. Sometimes in very unexpected ways.

So, conditions for XMR are to immediately stop any and all bashing of other cryptos. Talk about how good your XMR is, of course. Tech analysis of benefits, of course. Spreading rumors about personal things, not. FUD of course not.

UNITE of all crypto, this is the goal. Be part of this and of course there is a possibility of joining. But how can a culture based on zerosum hostility and "there can only be one" highlander beheadings, fit into spirit of cooperation?

If this toxic culture is indeed changed, then with the touted awesomeness of the XMR dev team I am sure there will be some tech that will be unique and valuable. I might require some significant investment in SuperNET as sort of a pennance, but I am practical guy and if XMR team will be benefit, then how can I refuse?

James

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 08:14:21 PM

What he is really doing is trying to attack XMR in order to create controversy and therefore more advertisement for his IPO (AFAICT its IPO since his title says so...) He is doing nothing else than spamming wall of texts on other coins threads about the one coin he is bagholding... Either playing the good guy that wants to cooperate or the bad guy... More exposure more noobs will get dumped...
Skinnkavaj

Activity: 469

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:15:11 PM

BcX, it all comes down to how much every-day usage a coin gets by the people. What applications gets developed for them. To see daily use for any coin it needs to have a blockchain.info-style web wallet, that allows to spend coins safely online without trust. I  am advocating this for XMR and the LTC communty.

I recommend everyone that ask me for help with setting up a Bitcoin wallet, to blockchain.info just because it requires zero trust and have the ability to be fool proof secure by 2FA usage. I don't know any better method for noobs that do not know how to store coins and keep computer out of virus. Sure, you can use exchanges like Coinbase but I wouldn't be so proud of myself if close people I helped would turn out to be goxxed later.

TLDR: I think the long term ability of any coin, regardless of PoW and any other technical differences ultimately depends on people actually using the coin for transactions. People don't say this about bitcoin, but that is because it's already set in stone that BTC will be used as a store of value regardless of what happens. In 10 years from now, who do you think will remember Xcurrency, X15 or any other stupid algorithm coin? Perhaps if a really good online multiplatform wallet was developed for XMR, I could envision a future where many people use it to avoid taking any risk for taxes, drugs etc. Bitcoin will obviously be the business coin.

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:19:54 PM

Who buys IPO's?

It's not an IPO coin(it's not even a coin). You're buying shares in a service I believe. From what I can tell reading the thread anyway.
That's what I understood, some things look interesting..

Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 08:33:07 PM

Who buys IPO's?

It clearly says IPO on the title or i am reading a different thread...
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:33:53 PM

BcX, it all comes down to how much every-day usage a coin gets by the people. What applications gets developed for them. To see daily use for any coin it needs to have a blockchain.info-style web wallet, that allows to spend coins safely online without trust. I  am advocating this for XMR and the LTC communty.

I recommend everyone that ask me for help with setting up a Bitcoin wallet, to blockchain.info just because it requires zero trust and have the ability to be fool proof secure by 2FA usage. I don't know any better method for noobs that do not know how to store coins and keep computer out of virus. Sure, you can use exchanges like Coinbase but I wouldn't be so proud of myself if close people I helped would turn out to be goxxed later.

Personally, I find Electrum superior. Everyone can write down a twelve word sequence.

Although, this also implies keeping your computer clean. I see your point about the 2FA.
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:35:11 PM

Who buys IPO's?

It's an IPO but it's not an IPO for a currency. Right now it's basically an IPO for a service that will connect BTCD and BBR. And possibly other coins in the future. There's no superNET coin.
pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:28:00 PM

The monero camp (not its devs) mistreated me. At least I felt very insulted, especially when my thoughtful post on the XMR observer thread was totally ignored, until one person made a positive comment. Then I am accused of using a sockpuppet! Of all things to attack my integrity. Then my writing is ridiculed. I am incompetent to write a whitepaper, I know this. I only wrote the draft text and hired a professional writer for making it better. I liked the pirates to make it easy to understand for normal peoples. It was supposed to be split into two documents, one just with pirates and one without. I just dont have time for "GUI" things and I rely on others to just do what is needed. I also dont have time to micromanage or pester people. So a lot of things, they are unfinished. I am not a cryptographer, this also is used to dismiss my Teleport. So, making disparaging comments about my integrity, my intelligence, my tech, my coin.

Even I have my limits.

James

Hell hath no fury...
othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:33:58 PM

If we would act like that whenever a Monero hate thread occurs.... :-)

Well, someday, all of them will grow and this forum will be a friendlier place - or not.

coinits
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:37:29 PM

Who buys IPO's?

It's an IPO but it's not an IPO for a currency. Right now it's basically an IPO for a service that will connect BTCD and BBR. And possibly other coins in the future. There's no superNET coin.

wat
steps back slowly
jk

Please don't remind me of Watcoin. I have 600 million of them. Want some? No charge. FAILcoin. Uggghhh

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:39:52 PM

Even I have my limits.

James

Hell hath no fury...

I must of missed the mistreatment. His product has the potential to be revolutionary. The only thing that I said was to start his own OP so this one did not get derailed. Was that the mistreatment? If so I am sorry that he took it that way,

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:57:00 PM

Even I have my limits.

James

Hell hath no fury...

I must of missed the mistreatment. His product has the potential to be revolutionary. The only thing that I said was to start his own OP so this one did not get derailed. Was that the mistreatment? If so I am sorry that he took it that way,

He wasn't mistreated by any of the monero devs. He made a post in this topic (which is named altcoin observer, not monero observer), but no one really responded to his post. Few post later some one commented on him and some one who holds monero said that it was jl777 sockpuppet commenting. No further accusions were made against jl777. So he is exaggerating to the fullist.. Maybe some devs of monero can talk to hem and work somethings out? Instead of going to war..

Ultros

Activity: 471

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:12:58 PM

He wasn't mistreated by any of the monero devs. He made a post in this topic (which is named altcoin observer, not monero observer), but no one really responded to his post. Few post later some one commented on him and some one who holds monero said that it was jl777 sockpuppet commenting. No further accusions were made against jl777.

That's all? That's what he calls the "monero camp?" Just one post? Talk about a temper.
Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 256 »
  Print  

Jump to: