Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:37:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 256 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Altcoin Observer  (Read 387451 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:28:31 PM

What the hell is all of this about?
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:37:23 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2014, 11:08:47 PM by surfer43

He wasn't mistreated by any of the monero devs. He made a post in this topic (which is named altcoin observer, not monero observer), but no one really responded to his post. Few post later some one commented on him and some one who holds monero said that it was jl777 sockpuppet commenting. No further accusions were made against jl777.

That's all? That's what he calls the "monero camp?" Just one post? Talk about a temper.

Have you missed these threads?

* [XMR] Monero - The only possible secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency (mandatory upgrade)
* Blowing the lid off the CryptoNote/Bytecoin scam (including Boolberry)
* rpietila Monero Observer

rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:50:51 PM

I just don't get why you start a project because somebody treated you badly?  It doesn't give me confidence in the longterm viability.  

Of course everybody and their dog is going to tell you your momma is fat and you are stupid if your coin is competition with the coin they hold.  If you succed they lose money ... of course they'll be mean. Duh  Roll Eyes  This whole "lets work together" idea just doesn't work for currency.  There will be one anon winner.  BTCD, Darkcoin, Blueberry, Monero and whatever the hell else.

I think Annonymint said it best with something like "Currency only works because it lets a farmer get services from a doctor, or a doctor get food from a farmer without both of them needing the product/service the other has to offer at the same time"

The sum of the whole is much less when there are multiple competing currencies in the small space.  I'm ready for this anon race to be decided.

And this whole ... "you disrespected me so I'm gonna go help blueberry and make one master network of all currencies.  Oh yeah - and you aren't invited to be part of it since u were mean" is just.  Silly IMO.  If the idea has merit but the passion is coming from your wounded ego.  Well good luck with that.  

othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:58:41 PM

I just don't get why you start a project because somebody treated you badly?  It doesn't give me confidence in the longterm viability.  

Of course everybody and their dog is going to tell you your momma is fat and you are stupid if your coin is competition with their coin around here.  This whole "lets work together" idea just doesn't work for currency.  There will be one anon winner.  BTCD, Darkcoin, Blueberry, Monero and whatever the hell else.

I think Annonymint said it best with something like "Currency only works because it lets a farmer get services from a doctor, or a doctor get food from a farmer without both of them needing the product/service the other has to offer at the same time"

The sum of the whole is much less when there are multiple competing currencies in the small space.  I'm ready for this anon race to be decided.

And this whole ... you disrespected me so I'm gonna go help blueberry and make one master network of all currencies is just.  Silly IMO.  If the idea has merit but the passion is coming from your wounded ego.  Well good luck with that.  

He owns a lot of Boolberry and BTCD, thats maybe why Smiley?

http://nxtreporting.com/?a=NXT-SQ9J-JCAN-8XVY-5XN7K&c=USD
The above shows in near realtime my personal holdings. I dont check it so often, it is a pleasant surprise to see it at 63 million NXT, last I checked it was under 40 million. So this is ~3500 BTC at this moment, but it is not so liquid at all.

The key holdings are:
64% of sharkfund0, which in turn owns 11% of BTCD and 10% of BBR, and other assets. I post the breakdown in the Sharktales thread about the sharkfund0. Most notably it has 20% of NXTprivacy, 10% of InstantDEX, 12% of JLH, ~10% of coinomat

src: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.msg8616105#msg8616105

But seriously, can we change the topic to something else again? I´ll even start:
eMunie seems to be active again, any opinion on that? (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=755057.0)

crypto_zoidberg

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 10:59:47 PM

Of course everybody and their dog is going to tell you your momma is fat and you are stupid if your coin is competition with the coin they hold.  If you succed they lose money ... of course they'll be mean. Duh  Roll Eyes  This whole "lets work together" idea just doesn't work for currency.  There will be one anon winner.  BTCD, Darkcoin, Blueberry, Monero and whatever the hell else.

And this whole ... "you disrespected me so I'm gonna go help blueberry and make one master network of all currencies.  Oh yeah - and you aren't invited to be part of it since u were mean" is just.  Silly IMO.  If the idea has merit but the passion is coming from your wounded ego.  Well good luck with that.  

Great words!

ps: it's Boolberry, not Blueberry!

Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:03:18 PM

BTCD's supposed future Supernet, is stupid. If I'm correct, all it does is grant anonymity to other alt-coins...

But the problem is, Any altcoin can install coinjoin or w/e and call it a day, making "Supernet" obselete..

What I'd like to see is, xmr and bbr and drk working together. BTCD is just a pump and dump with a cheap knockoff name(Bitcoindark really?).

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 2100

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:06:24 PM

I wonder who find that name. It sounds silly.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:07:02 PM

And this whole ... "you disrespected me so I'm gonna go help blueberry and make one master network of all currencies.  Oh yeah - and you aren't invited to be part of it since u were mean" is just.  Silly IMO.  If the idea has merit but the passion is coming from your wounded ego.  Well good luck with that.  

Great words!

Sorry - boolberry.  I always see an image of a blueberry with a face and a lopsided smile whenever it's mentioned.  I think it came from vegietales.  Can I ask where the name came from?  And while one the subject where did the Monero name come from?  
crypto_zoidberg

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 11:15:43 PM

Great words!

Sorry - boolberry.  I always see an image of a blueberry with a face and a lopsided smile whenever it's mentioned.  I think it came from vegietales.  Can I ask where the name came from?  And while one the subject where did the Monero name come from?  

Boolberry name came from me. I was thinking that it's good idea to use "boolean" (basic computer data type) as part of the name. But it seems that i was wrong (may be because i'm not native english speaker and can't feel the impression it makes).

Monero name came from tft user, who actually start bitmonero fork, and than lost control. Monero is "coin", "money" in Esperanto language.

Here is the story.

othe

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:17:13 PM

What I'd like to see is, xmr and bbr and drk working together.

I don´t want to shock you too much but actually i talk to zoidberg nearly daily ;-)

crypto_zoidberg

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 11:18:30 PM

What I'd like to see is, xmr and bbr and drk working together.

I don´t want to shock you too much but actually i talk to zoidberg nearly daily ;-)

That's true  Grin

JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:18:54 PM

Luca Cardelli, a language typesystem theorist at SRC, used 'bool berry' in his papers as the name of a derived type from 'bool' (boolean).  I drew a cartoon for one of his papers, where that name appears:
http://lucacardelli.name/Artifacts/Drawings/DynamicTypecheck/PolyCandyCartoon.pdf
http://lucacardelli.name/indexArtifacts.html

The cartoon may give an idea of the puns that were intended ('str' was a character string type).

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:26:07 AM

He wasn't mistreated by any of the monero devs. He made a post in this topic (which is named altcoin observer, not monero observer), but no one really responded to his post. Few post later some one commented on him and some one who holds monero said that it was jl777 sockpuppet commenting. No further accusions were made against jl777.

That's all? That's what he calls the "monero camp?" Just one post? Talk about a temper.

I recall it was just one user, maybe two. But there was no "camp" or something insulting jl777. Like I said before he is exaggerating. Maybe he is pissed no one responded to his teleport idea?

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:53:53 AM

Boolberry name came from me. I was thinking that it's good idea to use "boolean" (basic computer data type) as part of the name. But it seems that i was wrong (may be because i'm not native english speaker and can't feel the impression it makes).

Monero name came from tft user, who actually start bitmonero fork, and than lost control. Monero is "coin", "money" in Esperanto language.

Here is the story.

I think because of the word beginning with a B - and both syllables being a B the only word (I can think of off the top of my head) that is used often with those is BlueBerry.  So the brain tells me it's blueberry even though it reads boolberry.

Thank you for the explanations.  Makes more sense now.

FWIW I do like that both coins don't use "Coin" in the name.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:55:42 AM

BTCD's supposed future Supernet, is stupid. If I'm correct, all it does is grant anonymity to other alt-coins...

But the problem is, Any altcoin can install coinjoin or w/e and call it a day, making "Supernet" obselete..

What I'd like to see is, xmr and bbr and drk working together. BTCD is just a pump and dump with a cheap knockoff name(Bitcoindark really?).

I agree about BTCD. It's James's pump and his super network IPO is about pumping more coins.

Again, bbr does not need this supernetwork from James, James needs bbr. Remember that.
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 12:58:38 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 01:41:49 AM by dga

First they fail into making monero appear like a scam, now they try to antagonize anyone that shows interest in monero calling them "monero camp" and "exposing how evil" they are for hurting his precious fellings, jl777 sounds like a faggot and no one serious will be investing in his imaginary revenge project.

Nekomata, I think you're being part of the problem here.

First of all, putting jl777 in the same camp as the "everything but bytecoin" shills is both offensive and silly.  He's very obviously his own camp in all of this, with his own goals.  Unless you're trying to make the situation worse.  (Edit:  And, in light of both GreekBitcoin and aminorex's comments, I think that it's actually worth trying to understand what those goals are, instead of conflating him with the massive array of sockpuppets all created on the same day.  grin.  jl777's throwing around enough money, both directly and indirectly, to be worth taking seriously as *something*, and it's always worth trying to understand seriously what's going on when that happens.)

Second, seriously?  Is this 1985?  "sounds like a faggot" is an insult issued by presumed adults in a thread dedicated to intelligent observation and analysis of altcoins?  Chill out - and ditch the homophobic crap.

I recognize that you're *not* one of the "monero camp" (i.e., the Monero developers), but others may not.  Unless you're trying to subliminally hurt XMR, I suggest that you find a dose of politeness and remember that not everyone you're talking with is a paid shill for a currency you don't like.  Some of them are real people, and real people deserve to be treated with respect even if you disagree with their viewpoints.

ibuyltc

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:01:38 AM

What he is really doing is trying to attack XMR in order to create controversy and therefore more advertisement for his IPO (AFAICT its IPO since his title says so...) He is doing nothing else than spamming wall of texts on other coins threads about the one coin he is bagholding... Either playing the good guy that wants to cooperate or the bad guy... More exposure more noobs will get dumped...

As soon as I saw his posts in XMR threads, that's exactly what I think too.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:21:40 AM

While I do regret making the sock puppet comment without a sound evidentiary basis (for which I previously, publicly apologized), I doubt that I have any real responsibility for his BBR pump - although it would be a sort of poetic justice for my misstep.

BBR was undervalued, so it was ripe for a pump & dump, and James is definitely the whale to do it. 

I fear CZ may regret making a deal with old scratch before long.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:55:29 AM

While I do regret making the sock puppet comment without a sound evidentiary basis (for which I previously, publicly apologized), I doubt that I have any real responsibility for his BBR pump - although it would be a sort of poetic justice for my misstep.

BBR was undervalued, so it was ripe for a pump & dump, and James is definitely the whale to do it. 

Having just wasted 40 minutes of my life reading the entire "SuperNET" thread, I think you were correct about the the sock puppet comment, whatever your evidentiary basis at the time. That thread is littered with dissociated identities. It's hard for me to understand why anyone takes this pump & dumper seriously. Half-way through the thread, someone calls him out on having issued assets on the NXT platform to himself. "James" then asserts that this must have been a scammer trying to make him look bad. See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.msg8603930#msg8603930

Not reassuring.

I now recall why I avoided alts until Monero.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 03:30:38 AM

Having just wasted 40 minutes of my life reading the entire "SuperNET" thread, I think you were correct about the the sock puppet comment, whatever your evidentiary basis at the time. That thread is littered with dissociated identities. It's hard for me to understand why anyone takes this pump & dumper seriously. Half-way through the thread, someone calls him out on having issued assets on the NXT platform to himself. "James" then asserts that this must have been a scammer trying to make him look bad. See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.msg8603930#msg8603930

Not reassuring.

I now recall why I avoided alts until Monero.

It seems the only thing going for Boolberry is that James is pumping it, James constantly lies about how much better Boolberry is.

As far as I am concerned, Boolberry is now just a pump and dump until CryptoZoidberg dumps James publically.
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 256 »
  Print  

Jump to: