Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:33:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Due to big HYPER projects like Poker site, giveaways, competitions, bounties and marketing the 500 000 HYPER MMO Development Fund will be at 450 000 HYPER soon. What should we do?
Keep sponsoring more awesome HYPER projects and spend it down to 400 000 HYPER and then preserve the fund at 400 000 HYPER - 115 (45.1%)
Limit spending (less HYPER projects) until the monthly staking brings the fund back up to 500 000 HYPER - 40 (15.7%)
Manage it how you like. HYPER seems to be going awesome keep it up! - 100 (39.2%)
Total Voters: 255

Pages: « 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 [336] 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HYPER ~ Game Currency ~MMOs ~Poker ~ 20+ Servers~ShapeShift.io ~RPG +More!  (Read 716710 times)
crazyjack
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:10:25 PM

Just want to expose and encourage this.

CryptoDatabase, this features is really great (below), the Vault at DVK 2, a browser RPG game, where you can "stake" your coins as you would in your own wallet! I have just locked some HYPER for another period, already for the sixth time in a row, although "just" 111 HYPER.

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 12:10:53 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2017, 01:09:09 AM by CryptoDatabase

could there be a link, a switch, where users will be able to switch in to light or dark version (i am talking about background).

For the HYPER info site I can add the option to change the templates between light and dark but I can't for the main database site as the templates have been heavily modified on it and it isn't compatible with the other templates I have anymore without modifying them as well.

BY expand the minting by perhaps a few % and price / volume can increase at 100-200% + depending on how much momentum we can build behind the upgrade and how many of the community want to buy IOUS

Can you explain a bit about the expand minting comment? 5% a month is a lot already and increasing it will just decrease the price as people dump their stakes. Out of the 10,000+ currencies I have seen pop up over the years not one of them with high stake % survived.

If a swap is done, I'm sure we can find someone to do it for less than $1,700. That price is just beyond stupid for very little work.

It is very simple to set up a system like I have done for my game for deposits where users can make a claim and if the claims are correct then simply copying and pasting an RPC code to send coins is all that is needed. If needed I could easily use DKV as a swap platform for much, much less of a price.

DKV and it's players currently have around 250k HYPER right now.

Hi there I think we should make the 5% a block tax send to a multi sig wallet - if that accumulates too much and nothing needs doing it can be burned. At some stage we will need further work done to hyper so it's good to have a development fund that is not based on donations.

The one time expansion or perhaps superblock would only happen once and that would make up the difference between the dev pot sold of as IOUS at the market rate and what was needed to get everything we want done to hyper at this point.

To be honest if there were concrete plans of action here and moves already to sell ious at the market rate inview to reboot the coin then you may see speculators raise the market rate so no increase of the minting is needed.

With pos3 you could easily drop the current pos rate anyway it is too high.

I agree the swap on bittrex is expensive for if community can sort this out themselves can be done for much cheaper. I think though that includes the price for an updated codebase on bittrex which would have to be done anyway for the new coin. I'm not 100% on that. Would have to check with them so perhaps not as bad as it seems. I mean if the entire swapping is done for us there and it was only a bit extra than they charge to change or upgrade the wallets then we could review it at the time and see what is most efficient.

We just need to make sure we don't hand over any btc to anyone until they have completed and its tested working nicely. There is no 2nd go at it i guess.

I heard a name change at bittrex is 1.5 btc now so need to think about all these things.

After all said and done bittrex is a great place to be so we need to make sure we stay there.

I hope volume can move a bit more because i fear we will be up for delisting now again soon.

If Bittrex wants to charge extremely inflated prices for stuff then it would be time to find a new exchange that won't be this greedy. There is a reason why Bittrex isn't even in the top 35 in exchange volume.

I have 0.2 BTC set aside to help get HYPER back on track, but I will not spend that with Bittrex who constantly threatens to remove HYPER on a regular basis. This to me is a waste of my finances and not worth the risk of investment.

Yobit has more exchange volume than Bittrex and they only charge 0.1 to add a coin.
Hellfire420

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 01:28:58 AM

yobit would be nice on there

crazyjack
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 06:01:28 AM

I heard a name change at bittrex is 1.5 btc now so need to think about all these things.

After all said and done bittrex is a great place to be so we need to make sure we stay there.

I hope volume can move a bit more because i fear we will be up for delisting now again soon.

Quote from: CryptoDatabase
If Bittrex wants to charge extremely inflated prices for stuff then it would be time to find a new exchange that won't be this greedy. There is a reason why Bittrex isn't even in the top 35 in exchange volume.

I have 0.2 BTC set aside to help get HYPER back on track, but I will not spend that with Bittrex who constantly threatens to remove HYPER on a regular basis. This to me is a waste of my finances and not worth the risk of investment.

Yobit has more exchange volume than Bittrex and they only charge 0.1 to add a coin.

I couldn't agree more, being constantly extorted by them is leading nowhere. Their demands will just keep getting higher and higher.

Can we have a hyper slack Smiley

And about that "slack", i am familiar with that tool but somehow don't feel the need for that right know, but still, might come handy in the future.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 08:08:50 PM

Quote from: CryptoDatabase

I couldn't agree more, being constantly extorted by them is leading nowhere. Their demands will just keep getting higher and higher.

Can we have a hyper slack Smiley

And about that "slack", i am familiar with that tool but somehow don't feel the need for that right know, but still, might come handy in the future.

They are a good exchange but yes it's a bit pricey on there.

Perhaps hyper can do its own swap. Not sure of the cost of wallet upgrade there

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 08:39:16 PM

I'd stay away from YoBit as well. They have broken wallets where devs have contacted them for weeks/months, never responding and leaving the system broken. They could be a good site if they would do one thing: actually respond to support requests when stuff is broke. I still have a support request about an account bug that's been pending for almost 8 months now (and a few pings sent months after with no response).

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
TimNg

Activity: 89

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 03:12:42 PM

I am a newbie.  I like the games on the website.  where do I go or how to get to the games to try out? ty
crazyjack
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 03:45:53 PM

I am a newbie.  I like the games on the website.  where do I go or how to get to the games to try out? ty

Hi and welcome aboard. I dont know which game you would like to try, but check my signature, the first one is a Snake game, a classic one, and the other is Dragon Knights of Valeria, a RPG web browser based game. You had any other game in your mind?
TimNg

Activity: 89

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 03:53:49 PM

Thank you!  I like the looks of all the games listed on the Hyper's website. I will try the one you have suggested.  I guess I have to register the website to play the games?

I have to be offline now. but will check back later.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 03:45:35 AM

The HYPER wallet issue is getting to become a very big annoyance for me, I haven't been able to sync my wallet for almost a week now because it's using too many of my laptops resources. Let's get this thing on a roll then shall we, its been too long.

I sent the developer I was referring to previously a mail in regards to the price of just redoing the current wallet to make it more efficient and leaving the specifications on it the same. I am awaiting a response back from them.

I have created a BTC address for those who want to donate to the HYPER fund. I have already sent 0.1 BTC to this new fund. (View Transaction)
If you would like to contribute to this fund please send the desired amount of BTC to the address listed below and then make a post in this thread containing the name you want to use, the txid, and a personal link of your choosing that will be displayed on the new Hall of Support mentioned below.

Conditions for the release of BTC for a new wallet will be based upon successful testing of the new wallet. The duration of the test period to confirm stability of the new wallet is to be determined.

Any BTC left over, if any, once a new wallet has been created and tested can be used for other things to improve HYPER such as new projects, news, saved, invested into HYPER's price, or anything else the majority of the community would like to do until a board can be approved.

I have created a new page on the HYPER info website for the new fund as well as a new Hall of Support that will list the contributors and a personal link of their choosing. It will also display a list of funded projects.

HYPER Fund website link: http://cryptodatabase.net/hyper/fund

HYPER Fund address: 1vo9tpqxBo1ZXTAECrdkirDMonUxD1yng

Current Fund Balance: 0.1 BTC
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 05:49:53 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2017, 07:57:02 AM by CryptoDatabase

Heard back from the developer and he said that the CPU speed will be improved by a new wallet but the RAM usage would be the same due to the amount of blocks HYPER has and will upgrade the code to an 0.9 PoS code base for 0.4 BTC.

Any views?
crazyjack
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 02:02:48 PM

Damn, time flies so fast. Another week has almost finished, right?! I had so little time this week for this section of my interest.

I have created a new page on the HYPER info website for the new fund as well as a new Hall of Support that will list the contributors and a personal link of their choosing. It will also display a list of funded projects.

I like the way you arranged this site. Will definitely donate, dont know how much, probably somewhere between 0.05 or 0.10 BTC, to bad its a weekend, banks dont work, so i guess it will have to wait until monday. But talking wont save anything, so more about that, when i made a donation, right? What about setting some timeline, a countdown timer for accepting donations for this particular issue? Or rather not.

Heard back from the developer and he said that the CPU speed will be improved by a new wallet but the RAM usage would be the same due to the amount of blocks HYPER has and will upgrade the code to an 0.9 PoS code base for 0.4 BTC.

Any views?

If i look at my RAM consumption its somewhere between 1.1 - 1.2 GB of RAM. Constantly, that is not the issue, right? And RAM consumption will continue to increase due to the growing number of blocks.

The real question now is by what percentage CPU speed will be improved?

What effects on CPU speed of a wallet?!

What is your opinion about dev's suggestions?

Will there be the possibility of testing before final version?
crazyjack
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 02:12:51 PM

Hey, what about creating another fund, something like "HYPER Blockchain Contributers" for those who will and did extend hosting for HYPER blockchain at chainz.cryptoid.info or somewhere else?
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 04:28:40 PM

Damn, time flies so fast. Another week has almost finished, right?! I had so little time this week for this section of my interest.

I like the way you arranged this site. Will definitely donate, dont know how much, probably somewhere between 0.05 or 0.10 BTC, to bad its a weekend, banks dont work, so i guess it will have to wait until monday. But talking wont save anything, so more about that, when i made a donation, right? What about setting some timeline, a countdown timer for accepting donations for this particular issue? Or rather not.

Any views?

If i look at my RAM consumption its somewhere between 1.1 - 1.2 GB of RAM. Constantly, that is not the issue, right? And RAM consumption will continue to increase due to the growing number of blocks.

The real question now is by what percentage CPU speed will be improved?

What effects on CPU speed of a wallet?!

What is your opinion about dev's suggestions?

Will there be the possibility of testing before final version?

It looks like the RAM issue, the biggest issue, can't be solved without swapping to a new coin with a fresh blockchain. A coin swap would most likely be in our best interest for the long term as well as slowing down the new blocks. With the fast block times of 30 seconds the chain will just continue to grow at an exponential rate until nobody can use it. It barely operates now on a standard laptop.

For the CPU inquiry, this I can't answer until a working version is created to get an accurate determination. Some problems other coins have might also be affecting HYPER such as the staking code functioning while syncing.

For testing, this would be a must with the amount of money involved.

Hey, what about creating another fund, something like "HYPER Blockchain Contributers" for those who will and did extend hosting for HYPER blockchain at chainz.cryptoid.info or somewhere else?

I added a Funded By section to the Funded Projects table where this can be listed. I.E. BillyBob sends 0.01 BTC to the blockchain hosting they could be listed as a contributor and have it listed in the funded projects as being done by them.
crazyjack
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 07:56:09 PM

It looks like the RAM issue, the biggest issue, can't be solved without swapping to a new coin with a fresh blockchain. A coin swap would most likely be in our best interest for the long term as well as slowing down the new blocks. With the fast block times of 30 seconds the chain will just continue to grow at an exponential rate until nobody can use it. It barely operates now on a standard laptop.

For the CPU inquiry, this I can't answer until a working version is created to get an accurate determination. Some problems other coins have might also be affecting HYPER such as the staking code functioning while syncing.

For testing, this would be a must with the amount of money involved.

I am trying to understand what benefit are we looking at if we go with this wallet upgrade, with this CPU upgrade?! After an upgrade, we will still be facing with slow startup, longtime blockchain synchronization, staking and overall operational system slowdown glitches, right? Or am I missing something?

I added a Funded By section to the Funded Projects table where this can be listed. I.E. BillyBob sends 0.01 BTC to the blockchain hosting they could be listed as a contributor and have it listed in the funded projects as being done by them.

This is great, very informative. There is a small mistake in date at your line of upgrade, it happend on 24th December 2016. Anyway, nothing important.
hyper (Hyper) on 2017-03-04 20:25

Expires 2017-03-26 13:10 (in 21.7 days)

On 2017-02-27 20:33, received 0.0080 BTC (29.47 days), new expiry 2017-03-26 13:10
On 2017-01-18 20:41, received 0.0218 BTC (61.78 days), new expiry 2017-02-25 01:55
On 2016-12-24 23:17, received 0.0110 BTC (31.60 days), new expiry 2016-12-25 07:16
On 2016-10-07 23:27, received 0.0318 BTC (60.72 days), new expiry 2016-11-23 16:57
On 2016-07-26 15:00, received 0.0300 BTC (61.72 days), new expiry 2016-09-23 23:37
On 2016-05-11 08:41, received 0.0643 BTC (91.05 days), new expiry 2016-07-24 06:27
On 2016-03-11 12:55, received 0.0398 BTC (51.95 days), new expiry 2016-04-24 05:16
On 2015-12-19 20:24, received 0.0500 BTC (72.49 days), new expiry 2016-03-03 06:22
On 2015-06-06 18:51, received 0.0499 BTC (34.78 days), new expiry 2015-12-21 18:37

The last upgrade came from me.
On 2017-02-27 20:33, received 0.0080 BTC (29.47 days), new expiry 2017-03-26 13:10

And i am quite sure member TD3K paid for some hosting, well for at least this one.
On 2016-10-07 23:27, received 0.0318 BTC (60.72 days), new expiry 2016-11-23 16:57

and this one (link to his post)
On 2015-12-19 20:24, received 0.0500 BTC (72.49 days), new expiry 2016-03-03 06:22

...cant find others...
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2017, 05:43:59 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2017, 06:05:04 AM by CryptoDatabase

I am trying to understand what benefit are we looking at if we go with this wallet upgrade, with this CPU upgrade?! After an upgrade, we will still be facing with slow startup, longtime blockchain synchronization, staking and overall operational system slowdown glitches, right? Or am I missing something?

Basically, no. The wallet upgrade won't benefit us much outside of having an up to date code base that runs a little smoother. The only way to solve this problem is to create a new coin with an up to date code base and an altered block time to reduce the amount of new blocks, and then do a swap.

This is great, very informative. There is a small mistake in date at your line of upgrade, it happened on 24th December 2016. Anyway, nothing important.

I updated the funding page with links to everyone's profiles. The link and name can be changed if desired. For the error on mine, that's what happens when a lazy person copy/pastes code and forgets to edit part of it lol.

It looks like the TD3K person has sent BTC there at least 4 times. All but 3 of the block explorer payments have been accounted for so far.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 06:43:16 AM

Basically, no. The wallet upgrade won't benefit us much outside of having an up to date code base that runs a little smoother. The only way to solve this problem is to create a new coin with an up to date code base and an altered block time to reduce the amount of new blocks, and then do a swap.

This is great, very informative. There is a small mistake in date at your line of upgrade, it happened on 24th December 2016. Anyway, nothing important.

I updated the funding page with links to everyone's profiles. The link and name can be changed if desired. For the error on mine, that's what happens when a lazy person copy/pastes code and forgets to edit part of it lol.

It looks like the TD3K person has sent BTC there at least 4 times. All but 3 of the block explorer payments have been accounted for so far.

I was under the impression the move to a new code base would reduce the exorbitant RAM usage. But I think the best path going forward is to re-do the coin. Make it more efficient, deal with the dev fund, etc. all at once.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2017, 07:13:04 AM

I was under the impression the move to a new code base would reduce the exorbitant RAM usage. But I think the best path going forward is to re-do the coin. Make it more efficient, deal with the dev fund, etc. all at once.

The RAM usage is caused by the massive amount of blocks (3m+) that it has to call and utilize as well as the 30 second block time inflating the chain constantly. I've been trying to sync a hyper wallet on my new laptop but it keeps killing itself before it can load the UI from too much resource usage.

A new code base would help with the CPU usage but that isn't anywhere as bad as the RAM usage is and is tolerable.

The only long term solution I can think of is to fork it to a new code base creating a fresh blockchain and then do a swap of 1:1.
crazyjack
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 07:57:43 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2017, 01:54:33 PM by crazyjack

Nice. Ok, from my standing point I see it this way.

As it was said in the past, the most logical and optimized way for HYPER salvation is creating a new coin and do a swap. Right? Upgrading just for CPU optimization is frankly not enough, not for this amount of BTC. We would still be facing with the same problem to overcome in the future with more investment.

But even if we decide for this CPU upgrade (approx. 0.40 BTC), there should be a very much needed support from the community. CryptoDatabase, you have done great work so far for the HYPER, but i believe we should set a BTC limit for expressing a support for this upgrade (like max 0.05 BTC donation per community member).

Why? I believe it really doesn't help HYPER in overall future process if there only 1, 2 or even 3 members financed the entire project(s). If there is no support from majority, then all efforts will be in vain in the long term.

So i would say let's set the final date for fundraising and we will finally see where we are. If we collect enough, we will go forward from that point, if not, well then its better to wrap it up what has left and end with this agony that is killing us. It's always difficult to know when a something is over but sometimes the answer is right in front of you, you just need it to be pointed out.

Maybe HYPER future realized that long ago and vanished not telling us the facts. Oh well, we are all in a learning curve. Although his wallets hasn't changed since he vanished. Strange, maybe something happened to him. Hope not. Well I guess we will never know.

About setting a final date for fundraising, i find the upcoming 3rd birthday of HYPER as a great turning point in our journey that will determine how things will go in further (screenshot taken from chainz.cryptoid.info.

So this is my proposal about final date, HYPER's 3rd birthday.
CORRECTED: see next two or three posts

In forthcoming days i will send a mass PM to everyone who ever posted here and we will see the response, if any.

Anyway, I am still trying to figure out how to reward those who will donate, although i came to some ideas, but still not good enough. Will tell you later, anyway i still have to distribute DOGE coins from my voting poll, i havent forgotten.

Ok, i believe that's it for now all. Looking forward to your responses.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2017, 08:40:35 AM

As it was said in the past, the most logical and optimized way for HYPER salvation is creating a new coin and do a swap. Right? Upgrading just for CPU optimization is frankly not enough, not for this amount of BTC. We would still be facing with the same problem to overcome in the future with more investment.

Right, it would be a waste of money to do one thing for a small fix when for roughly the same amount we could start over.

But even if we decide for this CPU upgrade (approx. 0.40 BTC), there should be a very much needed support from the community. CryptoDatabase, you have done great work so far for the HYPER, but i believe we should set a BTC limit for expressing a support for this upgrade (like max 0.05 BTC donation per community member).

Why? I believe it really doesn't help HYPER in overall future process if there only 1, 2 or even 3 members financed the entire project(s). If there is no support from majority, then all efforts will be in vain in the long term.

I completely agree. If the community does not wish to support the growth of the coin then there is no reason to bother with it.

About setting a final date for fundraising, i find the upcoming 3rd birthday of HYPER as a great turning point in our journey that will determine how things will go

I'm thinking of a closer date, such as 1 week from now. I can't handle 2 more months of this wallet to be honest. Right now I am having to resync the wallet using a fresh wallet.dat because when I use my normal wallet.dat it will kill itself and shut down right when it loads the UI after verifying the blockchain and my addresses. This is my best computer and it can't handle the CPU or RAM usage from loading that wallet.dat and trying to sync.

985k more blocks to sync up and then I will try to import my private keys into the new wallet. If that doesn't work then I'm pretty screwed as I won't be able to send the coins inside of it out.
Pages: « 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 [336] 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 »
  Print  

Jump to: