Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:35:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 [1466] 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 03:20:11 PM

On the one hand I get excited hearing about the teams lofty ambitions, on the other hand all I want is a functional XCurrency wallet for my Mac. It seems to me the team is putting the cart before the horse. Why not get XCurrency functioning and adopted before focusing on ITO's, the Blocknet, ad hoc mesh networks, etc...?

It feels like the focus on XCurrency is dwindling and the team is centered on creating a private corporation so they can sell of their tech. As I understand it, XChat is part of XCurrency, that's why I bought more XC. Now I hear the possibilty of selling that technology in the future!?!?

It has also been said that XC Inc's purpose is to create tech that will work on the XCurrency platform, but now we have Blocknet and XBridge and so many other buzzwords and concepts that it's difficult to keep track of them all.

Dan says XCurrency is his baby, Steve Jobs said Lisa was his- we all know how that turned out. And Arlyn, you say we just increased our user base 10 fold, if we had the price would be reflecting that right now...it doesn't.

Just need to vent a little...maybe you all know exactly what you're doing. Unfortunately several of your investors don't and are confused about the future of XC. I hope to see several XCurrency releases in the near future including mobile, Mac, and linux wallets. Huh

Did you read my response to your post earlier?

The Blocknet does not dilute XC's resources. It grows them massively. So we can launch the Blocknet and carry on developing XC too.

In fact, it's best to do things in this order, because the Blocknet is completely awesome for securing a userbase for XC's tech.

Also read Hoertest's posts. He really gets it.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SouthernBTC

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:29:27 PM

On the one hand I get excited hearing about the teams lofty ambitions, on the other hand all I want is a functional XCurrency wallet for my Mac. It seems to me the team is putting the cart before the horse. Why not get XCurrency functioning and adopted before focusing on ITO's, the Blocknet, ad hoc mesh networks, etc...?

It feels like the focus on XCurrency is dwindling and the team is centered on creating a private corporation so they can sell of their tech. As I understand it, XChat is part of XCurrency, that's why I bought more XC. Now I hear the possibilty of selling that technology in the future!?!?

It has also been said that XC Inc's purpose is to create tech that will work on the XCurrency platform, but now we have Blocknet and XBridge and so many other buzzwords and concepts that it's difficult to keep track of them all.

Dan says XCurrency is his baby, Steve Jobs said Lisa was his- we all know how that turned out. And Arlyn, you say we just increased our user base 10 fold, if we had the price would be reflecting that right now...it doesn't.

Just need to vent a little...maybe you all know exactly what you're doing. Unfortunately several of your investors don't and are confused about the future of XC. I hope to see several XCurrency releases in the near future including mobile, Mac, and linux wallets. Huh

The Blocknet does not dilute XC's resources. It grows them massively. So we can launch the Blocknet and carry on developing XC too.

In fact, it's best to do things in this order, because the Blocknet is completely awesome for securing a userbase for XC's tech.

I didn't post anything earlier, must've been someone else with questions. I will read Hoertest's posts though.
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 03:30:08 PM

How about for every 100 XC you hold you get 1 share of the Blocknet?

That is of course a relative number.
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:30:33 PM

Is there any difference from SuperNET?

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
agent725

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

currently working on the Internet of Coins

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 03:34:50 PM

"Internet of Blockchains"? Haha, that looks exactly like what we're already working on for months.

http://internetofcoins.org

Although this appears to be just cross-chain transactions, while XBridge is cross-node enablement

Oh snap!

The Internet of Coins / Hybrid Assets methods enable the transaction of value across ledger-based (blockchain) systems, as well as ledgerless systems. So in essence it goes much further than an Internet of Blockchains. However, XBridge also looks interesting. Perhaps they can be used in sync.

▄██▄               
                        ▐████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████
             ▄▄          ▀██▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▌
           ▄████▌       ▐█                ███▀
          ▄██████▀██▄▄▄▄█▌       ▄██▄       ██
  ▄▄▄  ▄██▀ ▀██▀       ██▀▀▀▀██▌█████▌      ▐██
 ██████▀▀             ▐▀      ▄▄██████       ██
▐██████           ▄█████▄▄▄███▀ ▀███▀        ▐██
 █████▀           ███████▐█▀                ██████
   ▀▀▄█▄          ███████                  ▐███████
      ██▀▄███▄     ▀███▀██▄      ▄▄▄▄      ▐██████▌
       ▀███████          ████▄ ▄██████▄ ▄███▀████▀
        ███████▌███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▐███████████▀
        ███████ ███████████████████████▌▀
         ▀███▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀███▐████████
                                ▀████▀

ib88

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:41:23 PM

Can you elaborate further on how XC's resources will grow with the Blocknet? What are the resources in this instance? I would have thought that XC's resources (Dan and co's time) will be partly spent developing the Blocknet when they would otherwise be developing XC, hence slowing down its rate of development.
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:42:34 PM

Is Xbridge based upon the same principle as SuperNET is?

...this is not similar in code to the Supernet. It's true P2P and vastly more versatile.
pookielax31

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:43:36 PM

Jesus you guys will do anything to hype this coin over here wont you......Rushing devs just so you can tweet and hype your own coin.... I see that really worked well for your guys price  Roll Eyes ...Not everyone likes this idea

Seems like someone you guys should answer and not ignore....

sugarboy321

Activity: 361

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:45:40 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2014, 04:50:25 PM by sugarboy321

What kind of timetable for the completion for the Blockchain? Two or three years from the announcement date?

Err...Blocknet.
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:48:38 PM

Jesus you guys will do anything to hype this coin...

Really?  You have the balls to comment on hyping a coin after what you do and have done in this thread and others?

You are such a class act.  (Yes, that is sarcasm)
pookielax31

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:53:01 PM

Doesnt take alot of balls to point out a fact... you guys will do anything to hype this coin, yet bitcoin magazine, web 2.0 and blocknet doesn't change a thing for it.... Dead coin, hasn't passed 190 in about 3 months probably wont again, and doesnt even have a mac or linux build of most recent wallet... Windows only, dont make me laugh
atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 03:56:01 PM

Doesnt take alot of balls to point out a fact... you guys will do anything to hype this coin, yet bitcoin magazine, web 2.0 and blocknet doesn't change a thing for it.... Dead coin, hasn't passed 190 in about 3 months probably wont again, and doesnt even have a mac or linux build of most recent wallet... Windows only, dont make me laugh

Linux wallet is available at - http://downloads.xc-official.com/testing/linux/

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
Bl4ckw00d

Activity: 810

https://ironx.io IRONX

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:57:53 PM

One less thing for trolls to troll about.  Thanks Dan  top drawer

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 03:58:51 PM

Mac wallet build is underway, could be available by tomorrow

Dan

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
CryptoChronic

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:59:28 PM

Noo
the_game1224

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:00:09 PM

Well put.  I've been with XC for a long time (look at the first page of this thread) and recently it has been pre-announcement after pre-announcement with a few testing releases in between.  Yes in the long term Blocknet sounds great for the future but it feels like the development of XCurrency itself may be shifting towards a side project and looking at the price I feel others agree.  
Having said that I hope my feelings regarding this are wrong...
battbot

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:00:16 PM

That is not true. SDC is not officially "in" until publicly stated otherwise by their dev team and community which is not the case right now i'm afraid
#

Did you just create that rule? It's not your call.

SDC are in. In fact, we've been in communication with them the most. We were chatting on Skype with Rynomster and others during the announcement.

Now drop this, for heaven's sake!

I will not "drop it" As long as you want to keep bringing it up making out that i'm lying. It is not truth, it is not a done deal and sdc is not in fact "in" officially, as you continue to say. You may have perceived it as such but it is not truth or fact!

And has not even been passed through the entire dev team or community. I encourage you to re-read the logs and you will find its not a done deal at all at the very least it was said maybe that he thinks it will pass but will go and talk/consider it. But it most certainly was not agreed to right there and then. As they say pics or its not true. Show me some please.

Because i would hardly argue the fact if what i was stating was not truth! Why would i, I have no motivation to have such baseless claims unless you were confused about what has actually transpired! Sdc is not currently officially "in" as you state it.

Let's get one thing straight -- Rynomster gave XC permission to add SDC as a participant in the BlockNET announcement:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=745352.msg9224147#msg9224147
The-C-Word

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:01:27 PM

^^

Hunker down fellas, this is the kind of stuff that we're going to have to deal with. The blocknet challenges the old competitive P&D way of making money. We're going to see a lot of resistance in the guise of FUD and trolling.
ib88

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:01:41 PM

No one cares what you think. You have absolutely no interest in this coins long term future, just looking to chase a pump before dumping. The fact that your main concern is how this news was released rather than the news itself shows this.
spookycoins

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 04:02:52 PM

Let's get one thing straight -- Rynomster gave XC permission to add SDC as a participant in the BlockNET announcement:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=745352.msg9224147#msg9224147

This.
Geez. This should shut some people up.

That's me on twitter --> @spookycoins
Pages: « 1 ... 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 [1466] 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: