Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:57:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Reese212

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:58:44 PM

Can someone offer some sound advice to a fellow XC brethren?

Should I buy a gpu that hashes around 4 MHS X11 or an asic 1.5 Mhs scrypt miner? Both are about the same price.

Thank you for any input on this

i guess the Advantage of an asic is the less power consumption (even less than running your gpu with x11 algo) right? you Need to create an excelfile to calculate the power consumption, helps to decide.
on the other Hand your gpu has a warranty and can be replaced quite fast (when gridseed showed up there were only couple months warranty and replacing them means shipping them worldwide) and a gpu has a value even if the whole cryptocoin Thing dies tomorrow.
hope that helps. i would buy the gpu.

Dear Lord, please grant me the ability...
SkyValeey

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:59:58 PM

https://twitter.com/AphexTwin4ever/status/472754192411811840    Wink
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:05:41 PM

Good to see some price stability.. A base around this level would be welcome, also a much more reasonable debate..

Have a good weekend all.

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
HoodRich

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:07:57 PM

So much anger in this thread. Anyone who feels that their investment is threatened, should adjust appropriately for maximum comfiness. XC is still relatively cheap after all, and it's not backing down. At every turn, it has reaped the satisfaction of defeating every scrutiny, every test and every dump. Anon tx is where it's at, and XC is at the forefront, yet it's price still reflects the FUD. It won't for long.
- "Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies" - MLK
- "If you want to succeed you should strike out on new paths, rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success." JDR

XTzgariv1mErDqtHxWt2ozMeuFDjNARt8A  

Also, the people most understand that XC went from .00000001 to .0049 Basically in a couple of weeks... After a Historic rise, you will have a great fall. This made a lot of people a ton of money, so some are taking profits.

Look at the RICH; those people on the list are not selling. That should tell you something! This coin is solid.

I have 70K shares and I have not sold 1 for the first time in my Alt experience. Trust me, I bought the last 13K with 50BTC out of my own pocket at over .003! Why? Because I believe in our DEV!

That fact that .002 is the new base is awesome. Getting ready for the next rise!  Grin
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:08:31 PM

Should I buy a gpu that hashes around 4 MHS X11 or an asic 1.5 Mhs scrypt miner? Both are about the same price.

What GPU are you talking about and at what price?

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:11:57 PM

So I guess I don't really understand how one Twitter post by someone on the DRK team that isn't even true can cause XC to crash, yet DRK is CONFIRMING that they're technology isn't working right, and they might not be able to get it fixed fully until July?  Yet DRK's price continues to rise and XC's doesn't, even though our anon is working.  Just doesn't make sense.

I know right. But I also remember that DRK was underpriced for a few weeks before rocketing upwards. The truth and facts will slowly spread. We are in a privileged position right now because we can accumulate these coins whilst they are still underpriced.

Other things to consider:

- the xnode technology of XC is apparently DoS resistant. The DRK dev admits denial of service attacks on the master nodes is a problem that is difficult to resolve.
- The xnode cluster solution is also truly decentralised, no "masternode" or supernode required to communicate Xnodes to clients.
- The traffic is encrypted

^ All of these are just in the first release. Consider that DRK has taken months of consistent development to reach it's current position, we are just starting  Cool

with also Blockchain2.0 under development.

Let's go to 0.01 Grin

we will reach 0.01 or higher in few weeks,
after we launched the distributed and decentralized Anonymous network on XC coin.

this is only the beginning.

Yes, with Blockchain2.0 under development, everything will be charming in the near future.

some quick start on Bitcoin blockchain2.0:

Bitcoin 2.0: Unleash The Sidechains
“Cryptocurrencies will create a fifth protocol layer powering the next generation of the Internet,” says Naval Ravikant. “Our 2014 fund will be built during the blockchain cycle,”concurs Fred Wilson. And Andreessen Horowitz have very visibly doubled down

“Cryptocurrencies will create a fifth protocol layer powering the next generation of the Internet,” says Naval Ravikant. “Our 2014 fund will be built during the blockchain cycle,”concurs Fred Wilson. And Andreessen Horowitz have very visibly doubled down on Bitcoin.

Even if you don’t believe in Bitcoin as a currency, and I’ll grant there’s plenty to be skeptical about, you should be thinking: huh, a lot of extremely smart and successful people think that its underlying technology is a pretty big deal. But as I wrote myself just a few weeks ago, there’s a big difference between blockchain technology and Bitcoin itself, right?

…Maybe not.

A brief technical refresher: “blockchains” are the distributed-consensus technology introduced to the world by the mysterious Satoshi Nakamoto, wherein a peer-to-peer network is used to codify and cryptographically verify transactions, without any central authority. What’s more, transactions can be orchestrated by programmable contracts.

Bitcoin is both the first and most successful blockchain application, but there are many, many other “cryptocurrencies,” known as “altcoins.” What’s more, there are numerous other, non-currency applications being built on new blockchains, notably Namecoin andEthereum, and several proposals for expanding and evolving Bitcoin itself, eg ZeroCoin,MasterCoin, Colored Coins, etc.

I realize this all sounds like abstruse hair-splitting to those not yet mentally invested in cryptocurrencies; but as Ravikant put it at TC Disrupt seven months ago:

…so, continuing that metaphor, imagine for a moment that it’s 1995 and you’re just beginning to notice that, over the last year or two, those weird crusty techies who sit in the corner have all started talking excitedly about “HTTP” and “HTML” and “cookies” … which apparently power this thing called the “web.”

So. We’ve got Bitcoin and its blockchain; and we’ve got scores if not hundreds of other blockchains, powering various altcoins and Namecoin and (soon) Ethereum et al. But blockchains, like social networks, benefit from a network effect. The most popular becomes the most resilient, the most powerful, the most valuable; and Bitcoin’s blockchain is, by far, the big dog today. These two facts have provoked a certain amount of anti-altcoin vitriol.

On the other hand, other blockchains are where most of the interesting innovation is happening. Namecoin as a DNS replacement; Ethereum as a generic platform for any kind of blockchain technology; hopefully some kind of blockchain replacement for X.509 certificates;SolarCoin for solar power; Dogecoin for those of us who love absurdism for its own sake; etc etc etc. The Bitcoin blockchain, despite/because of the megawatts of power poured into it, has grown sluggish and slow to change, a victim of its own success, which impedes the pace of innovation…

…or so I thought, until I met with Austin Hill and Adam Back. Hill is the former founder and CEO of Zero-Knowledge Systems, a multi-million-dollar startup that was a good 15-20 years ahead of its time; Back is the inventor of the Hashcash algorithm which powers Bitcoin. They have considerable credibility, in other words — and they’re building a stealth “Blockchain 2.0″ startup, based in part on the notion of “sidechains.”

Sidechains are new blockchains which are backed by Bitcoins, via Bitcoin contracts, just as dollars and pounds used to be backed by cold hard gold. You could in principle have thousands of sidechains “pegged” to Bitcoin, all with different characteristics and purposes … and all of them taking advantage of the scarcity and resilience guaranteed by the main Bitcoin blockchain, which in turn could iterate to implement experimental sidechain features once they have been tried and tested.

If sidechains take off, though — which will require some changes to the core Bitcoin protocol— this probably bodes ill for the existing altcoins. Not surprisingly, the proposal has attracted a fair amount of skepticism, not least from Vitalik Buterin, the chief scientist of Ethereum, who argues that sidechains require not just protocol changes but “the permission and active assistance of 50% of all Bitcoin mining pool operators.”

Why should you care? Two main reasons. One: because if Ravikant, Wilson, Andreessen, Hill, Back, etc. are correct, then in the long run, blockchain-backed cryptocurrencies could become the substrate of entire economies. Hill says: “I want to build a blockchain that could support a nation-state putting its national currency and phasing out paper dollars.”

Or, as A16Z’s Balaji Srinivasan describes a different-but-similarly-ambitious notion:

Two: because, as Hill said to me,

Never mind “don’t be evil”; we want to build a company that actually can’t be evil.

…by which he means, an organization which is limited by contractual obligations built into and enforced by its blockchain(s).

The distributed nature of Bitcoin has caused people to speculate about autonomous corporations powered by blockchains, which sounds like a creepy Kafka-meets-Gibson notion if I ever heard one. On the other hand, a company which committed to behaving in a particular way, not with a mere promise, but with an enforceable and cryptographically ironclad contract, might be much worthier of the public’s trust than your standard amoral corporation.

This is, of course, all highly speculative verging on cloud-cuckoo-land until people actually start shipping code which turns these notions into reality. What interests me most about sidechains is that, if implemented, they might bring that day closer, by aiding and accelerating the entire ecosystem of blockchain innovation. And I’m awfully curious about what Hill and Back still have up their sleeve (no, they didn’t tell me.) Interesting times indeed.

roede94105

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:12:27 PM

So I guess I don't really understand how one Twitter post by someone on the DRK team that isn't even true can cause XC to crash, yet DRK is CONFIRMING that they're technology isn't working right, and they might not be able to get it fixed fully until July?  Yet DRK's price continues to rise and XC's doesn't, even though our anon is working.  Just doesn't make sense.

Dark's anonymous transactions are working now. Same for master nodes. What isn't is the payment of the master nodes.
XC's anon is not working yet, it is apparently working on tesnet, but not released so far (as planned by the dev, not an issue).
Just get your facts straight.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:14:03 PM

FAQ

Real world application

In an age where you can never be sure who is listening or watching, XC offers a solution to this for money transfer and storage.
By using XC, you can protect your identity and send and recieve money anonomously. XC's core values are protecting its user's privacy and can use XC with confidence.
There is a wide demographic of people, world wide that have been looking for a solution to an out-dated money system.
XC's primary goals are to protect its user's privacy and anonymity. With its secure, lightning fast network, you cannsfer system, XC provides provides this solution.
With a transparent, honest development team who are commited to the continual development of new, revolutionary technology and deployment, XC is here to stay and grow.

Whats in development?

XC is constantly improving on its own technology. The digital world is always changing. To survive, you must adapt and innovate.
Real world adoption is a driving force behind development. In regards to this, improved wallet interface and features will be added, mobile anonymous wallets, and payment cards. These cards will be similar to a debit or credit card, but have our technology supporting it.
In ordinance with continuing our pillar of transparency, the source code will be open sourced and released at a later date. We have a number of tech releases that pertain to the following: Block chain 2.0, 'Xnodes', a completely decentralized secure network to name a few.
Any product release is never truly finished, we are working hard to improve and expand everything that is released.

Proof of Stake

How does the PoS work for XC? What is the different between XC and PPC(Peercoin) PoS?

It is very similar as the code is based on the PPC code.
8 Hour minimum stake age.
30 day max stake age.
The chance of getting a coin stake is proportional to the amount of coin age one owns.

What does the mint weight mean?

PoS is similar to a lottery.
The higher the weight, the better the odds.

Anonymity

What does 'Xnode' mean? Any details?

Xnode is the software that runs the anonimizer
Xnode talks with client and provides transaction details

What is next? Do you have a set schedule?

Next is to continue development on the decentralized anonymous solution - Current schedule is 3-4 weeks

Why v0.9.1.4x11-coin-1.0 is an anonymous wallet even if the 'Anonymous Transactions' are under development?

You can use the feature now but is not the multi-path paradigm technology that is being developed.

Wallets

Is there a plan to make a more user friendly wallet?

Yes, post rev2 release.

If I open my Wallet.dat in two different computers, and unlock to mint, will the POS efficient be double?

No.

Will XC get an anonymous Android wallet?

Yes.

Will XC get a web wallet that is mobile friendly? *This will tap into the Apple market*

Yes.

What are the plans for mobile wallets?

Mobile/PoS integration.

Why is the mint weight different on my two computers with opening the same wallet.dat (same balances in it)? (For example, my first computer shows that the weight is A, the second one shows that the weight is B, and A is not equal to B, why?)

To be determined.

Network

How will the network function with anonymous technology implemented?

There will be a separate button to leverage the technology.
Network will have 3 parts:
Existing block chain.
A new protocol (Already developed in existing client).
A new protocol provides a multi-path paradigm to provide additional protection on non-likeable transactions.

Technical Details

What helps set this coin aside from all the others in crypto-currency?

DEV's 20+ Years experience and commitment to project.
Proven anonymous technology already in place - as stated in the announcement thread on BitcoinTalk.
Growing Community.

Future Plans.

Do you have a roll-out schedule laid out for the long term and short term?

Currently we have a short term goal of 3-4 weeks for the next release.
Long term plan is being mapped.

Right now, the total XC coin supply"is 5511165.53930000and the PoW was ended after block 21000. Will all the rest of the XC coins be minted by PoS?

Yes.

What does block chain v2.0 mean? Any details?

To be announced at a later date.

What is the plan of payment cards? Will the payment cards look like the credit card? Any details?

Yes - Debit/ATM/VISA - More details to follow.

Is your client fully open source? If not, are there any plans to go down this path?

Yes, the code will be open sourced. Still working on details.

Are you going to be releasing more translations of pages into other languages? If so, which ones?

Yes, we already have a Greek and Chinese translation, and more will be added soon. Watch for bounty announcements.

Any background about the developer of XC?

Yes! http://seclists.org/interesting-people/2002/Feb/107 (more to come)

What are the plans in an event an offer of any kind is made by an interested venture capital or investment firm group?

To be announced at a later date.

nice thread!
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:15:11 PM

So I have a general question regarding Alt prices for you more experienced members. Does the price for Alts rise with the price of BTC? IOW, if we have another BTC bubble will the Alts follow suit since their price is tied to bitcoin?
qiuxiang

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:16:53 PM

For those who still haven't get on board now, i recommend youto buy now, at least to get your hands wet. The coins are cheap now, and I am buying in more at 200 k sat.

DearPassin46

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:21:01 PM

For those who still haven't get on board now, i recommend youto buy now, at least to get your hands wet. The coins are cheap now, and I am buying in more at 200 k sat.

u are serious? on board now?

qiuxiang

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:23:14 PM

u are serious? on board now?

Yes i am serious. Believe me or not, this is a kind suggestion.

wevus

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Long Term Investor with Short Term Memory Loss

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 03:25:44 PM

i guess the Advantage of an asic is the less power consumption (even less than running your gpu with x11 algo) right? you Need to create an excelfile to calculate the power consumption, helps to decide.
on the other Hand your gpu has a warranty and can be replaced quite fast (when gridseed showed up there were only couple months warranty and replacing them means shipping them worldwide) and a gpu has a value even if the whole cryptocoin Thing dies tomorrow.
hope that helps. i would buy the gpu.

http://www.gawminers.com/store/
The Fury 1 MH/S+ ASIC SCRYPT MINER (Week Three)
5 Reviews
$149.95 @ 40 watts

Overstock.com
Gigabyte GV-N75TOC-2GI... 2.8 MHS to 3.0 MHs X11 @ 40 watts
$167.99
Quantity: 1

Send exactly 0.26979194 BTC (plus miner fee) to:
1Mo7abeTr3YpcjL2fnZdYkfEfNwvbBj85m

Both places take BTC as payment

XChat: XQ6YhjRgXHuZKPwDTps6J6i8mwdYnXYdtY
Donatations for the starving pigmies: XC XSoc3Eb7u2EwMaqV6jYChHrhdDvtZp6Cap
BTC 1ALk4YtmNTLwAvPZszQvrNwmrUBSUPXNKr
greyskies

Activity: 186

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:29:31 PM

Dark's anonymous transactions are working now. Same for master nodes. What isn't is the payment of the master nodes.
XC's anon is not working yet, it is apparently working on tesnet, but not released so far (as planned by the dev, not an issue).

Payment of masternodes is what underpins the entire future of the DRK system though.
interupted

Activity: 258

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:30:09 PM

I suspect xc prices will start to rise this afternoon into the evening and spike sunday

roede94105

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:34:04 PM

Payment of masternodes is what underpins the entire future of the DRK system though.

Absolutely, if it is not resolved in, say, a couple months' time, Dark is in trouble. I just wanted to remind the facts
greyskies

Activity: 186

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:42:13 PM

Can we get Mintpal to change the coin name from X11 coin to XCoin? Or just XC?
evtrmm

Activity: 392

So much for "Community"

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:42:30 PM

After sitting on this quite a bit last night, I really began to see exactly what the Developer has in mind so I will try to explain it the simplest and best that I know so others may begin to understand more.  
ATC, please comment whether this is on the right track or not as I am trying to clear some things up.

The Xnode
1. Every wallet on the network is capable of being an "Xnode" depending on the amount of coins that are held in that wallet - current suggested is 1000 minimum, but that may change.  
2. The "Xnode" is essentially a decentralized mixer that passes the transactions through to the next "Xnode" until it is received by the intended target.
3. Keeping your wallet open without the "Xnode" option will pay the 3.33%/yr POS.
4. Keeping your wallet open with the "Xnode" option engaged will pay additional transaction fees on top of the POS.
5. Acting as an "Xnode" will incentive users to keep wallets open and active strengthening network security.

A concern that was raised yesterday was that the pass through transactions are visible to users, and that a wallet modification would be able to intercept and steal the coins.  This is where the muli path paradigm comes into play, along with the additional network layer or "XC Alpha".

1. According to the OSI Model - http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/OSI+model - There are 7 Layers to the Network stack.  The currently titled "XC Alpha" will add an 8th layer that will essentially come in between layer 2 and 3. The initial request and encryption is initiated on this layer putting the transaction in motion.
2. Once the transaction is initiated, an on demand  "Xtunnel" will be created connecting the requester to the Xnode pool. It is within this tunnel that transactions are transactions are submitted to the pool network where the coin mixing is processed and deliverd to the receiver.

At the current time, The additional layer is not in place and that is why users can see transaction processed through their wallets, and they are currently unencrypted??  Once the "XC Alpha" has been fully integrated, users will not see the transaction as they currently do, but they will see it in a similar way that they see the current POS transaction.  These transactions will be fully encrypted and the possibility of stealing the transaction as mentioned would be nullified.  
The transactions should be represented in the users wallet not as "mined" but as something simply like "X" (just a suggestion).  In this manner, they will be able to see that the XNODE is actually working and paying out as promised.

I hope I am on track here, and I hope this helps to understand more.  once again, if ATC would care to comment, edit, or tell me I am full of shit, feel free.

bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:46:17 PM

xnodes , supernodes, masternodes, a frogs like a toad, dump truck load, price about to explode, mac n cheese on the stove, devs got the code, going down the right road, send XC to my QR code - Eminem
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:48:40 PM

So I have a general question regarding Alt prices for you more experienced members. Does the price for Alts rise with the price of BTC? IOW, if we have another BTC bubble will the Alts follow suit since their price is tied to bitcoin?
Yep, definitely, otherwise people who wanna buy coins later after BTC spikes, they will be paying more so there will be rush to buy alts if there is a BTC bubble Smiley so in that case you ll see alts value goes up, also market cap in the same time.  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: