Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 08:19:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 [1195] 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483650 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
georgehosterguy

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 01:54:33 AM

I'm the messiah coming to save your investment !

Ok ... and ?
I'm happy you was not at the start of BTC supporting it with your vision and idea ...

Just leave ...

You do realize that not seeing the "con" side of an investment is a bad idea right?  Any coin I decide to invest in I will welcome criticism to.  Informed decisions are not blindly optimistic ones

We are looking for constructive criticism, not fud. XC has proven itself to be a legitimate currency with high standards for any tech put out publicly.  I remember you were a very active member in one of the fud threads. Further you did not listen to our answer and took your own conclusions.

It's mostly because I've not seen any real answers.  I do have a question - how does XChat compare to Bitmessage - does it offer better anonymity and if so how?

It's funny you ask that, because even BitMessage is asking for independent audit for their system.   Do YOU know how BitMessage is really anonymous and good in any way?   How do you compare one system to another when both systems are not at the audited phase yet?

Bc one is open source?

So what if it's open source?   The question is... even if it's open source, do YOU know how secure it is.   BitMessage is still awaiting independent audit themselves like I said.  Even if both are open source, if both have not been audited independently... you don't really know how secure it is.   eg.  there is nothing to quantify against each other.

It's like arguing about who's lawn is greener without a spectrophotometer or... who can throw the ball faster without a calibrated radar gun.

We are just not at the point to ask questions like that yet.

Open source anon software > closed source that claims to be anon.

demgains

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:24:22 AM

Ok ... and ?
I'm happy you was not at the start of BTC supporting it with your vision and idea ...

Just leave ...

You do realize that not seeing the "con" side of an investment is a bad idea right?  Any coin I decide to invest in I will welcome criticism to.  Informed decisions are not blindly optimistic ones

We are looking for constructive criticism, not fud. XC has proven itself to be a legitimate currency with high standards for any tech put out publicly.  I remember you were a very active member in one of the fud threads. Further you did not listen to our answer and took your own conclusions.

It's mostly because I've not seen any real answers.  I do have a question - how does XChat compare to Bitmessage - does it offer better anonymity and if so how?

It's funny you ask that, because even BitMessage is asking for independent audit for their system.   Do YOU know how BitMessage is really anonymous and good in any way?   How do you compare one system to another when both systems are not at the audited phase yet?

Bc one is open source?

So what if it's open source?   The question is... even if it's open source, do YOU know how secure it is.   BitMessage is still awaiting independent audit themselves like I said.  Even if both are open source, if both have not been audited independently... you don't really know how secure it is.   eg.  there is nothing to quantify against each other.

It's like arguing about who's lawn is greener without a spectrophotometer or... who can throw the ball faster without a calibrated radar gun.

XC has possibly one of the most skilled and competent devs in all of cryptos. I'm 100% certain it is anon.....especially since the keycoin devs have reached out to him not once but TWICE for his expertise and opinions. Then we also have Aercoin support and qibuck support as well. People know Dan is more skilled than almost all other devs out there, and soon many more devs will be asking for his services
sugarboy321

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:26:55 AM

Can anyone confirm that the mixer is working?
dannyspk

Activity: 341

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:33:53 AM

And yet the dumping continues on..
tat123

Activity: 261

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 02:39:38 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 08:08:13 AM by tat123

I really don't think that is mike, because we have seen how easily XC can be pumped, and how much more expensive it can be, I really don't think they would play with cents when they can probably play with whole dollars if you get what I mean.

Whole dollar coins gets you a lot less coins.  That's part of my point.  He basically said without coming staight out and saying it, he can only afford to control price of XC because our coins are cheaper.  He's also picking XC because XC is a great coin and people will believe the price is climbing because of that.  He can't manipulate price of a shit coin that costs nothing because people won't buy into the price climb.  Also he can't do it with something like BTC because he doesn't have enough capitol to make a difference.

With all do respect dude (88flaminchevy), you seem to be new at the whole crypto world. This is a very positive comment by someone that very excited about XC and sincerely wants it to succeed. To spin this and make it sound like a negative and instill fear in traders shows me your lack of experience. If you don't want to invest in XC, please move on. Mike x 3 is respected in the XC community and many of us have really benefited from his advice. Please keep it that way. Enough said.

Sorry, but I'm not a noob and I'm very much invested in XC!  Even though my reaction to mikes comments scared me, I sat back for a second and said, "I'll see if it happens".  In the real world, people are 2 faced, sorry to tell you that.  I've already told you guys what I do for a living, and I'm just saying that you need to watch out for people that leave you a bread crumb trail.  They are usually leading you somewhere.  It happens in my line of work all the time.  If he's really the kind of guy you guys say he is, he would have never told us what he was going to do.  It does not benefit him or his investors what so ever.  What, he's just a nice guy trying to help everyone else make a buck.....? I don't think so.  Those people are very few and far between.  I hope I'm wrong for both me and everyone else invested in XC's sake!

Sorry guys ... don't mean to fud your thread.  I see many tears in this coins future (I'm a Jasinlee stalker from Fib).  But think about this - if this investor meant this why would he tell you instead of give the benefit of "cheap coins" to his "clients" who are paying him (if I'm understanding this right)?  By explaining all of this to you - he's essentially ripping his customers who are paying for advice off by making their coins more expensive before he "sits down to talk with them" (which makes no sense)

I lost a lot.  And I mean A LOT of money between Vertcoin & Fibonacci ASICs.  My suggestion is treat this alt carefully.  Think about it this way.

If you'd put $100 in bitcoin when it was $1 - then you would be rich.  If XC is truly the future that will overtake bitcoin.  Then 100 coins is plenty to set yourself up for the future.  On the other hand if XC is not the future it will die off (because currency needs consensus - not just technology).  A lot of people are making money and losing money off playing hot potato with a lot of different coins.

But $100 is plenty if you believe this coin is going to overtake bitcoin without betting the farm.  Take it from somebody who has & lost.

Edit:  I'm not a litecoin, bitcoin, darkcoin, vertcoin or anycoin holder anymore.  

Maybe just be a coincidence but rdnkjdi Talked today about being pissed about losing money to Jason, and he talks about consensus every 5 minutes in rpietila Altcoin Observer, and he says he doesn't own any coins. Just like you. Hmmmm. What are the odds? On the same day! Any Math guys here? Maybe its just some sort of consensanus between 2 guys... huh? Not judging.

You are correct. Open source is better, but as we have discussed it a 1000x already... not now. We discussed this issue about 3 months ago. The community came to a consensus on the issue.
GreenDude

Activity: 531
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:56:37 AM

Dont worry.. if there is a fud attempt to get coins a bit cheaper is because there is gonna be a pump soon as there is news and important positive dates coming this next days. They can't get cheap coins without fud.. otherwise someone would buy those little sell walls trying to push down. They are playing their card before is too late to buy cheap and price rise. That is good.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:16:35 AM

Maybe just a coincidence but rdnkjdi Talked today about being pissed about losing money to Jason, and he talks about consensus every 5 minutes in rpietila Altcoin Observer, and he says he doesn't own any coins. Just like you. Hmmmm. What are the odds? On the same day! Any Math guys here? Maybe its just some sort of consensanus between 2 guys... huh? Not judging.

You are correct. Open source is better, but as we have discussed a 1000x already... not now. We discussed this issue about 3 months ago. The community came to a consensus on the issue.

Yup me and him had the consensus talk long ago and he  was involved in the fib project.  Nice to know I've got a stalker.

If I pointed out in the litecoin thread Jasinlee is still selling himself as in a partnership to you guys and that he plans on ripping off XC code for his Cachecoin project I could have an army of pissed ASIC pre order litecoiners in here I promise.  So give me an ounce of credit.

Dont worry.. if there is a fud attempt to get coins a bit cheaper is because there is gonna be a pump soon as there is news and important positive dates coming this next days. They can't get cheap coins without fud.. otherwise someone would buy those little sell walls trying to push down. They are playing their card before is too late to buy cheap and price rise. That is good.

Whatever dudes.  Buy up  Kiss
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:30:03 AM

Ok ... and ?

Just leave ...

Bc one is open source?

Ya... as if you can read code.    Open source shit is not better than close source...

You are telling me that GIMP is better than Photoshop?

USBcoin was open source... so what?  There was malicious code in there to allow the scamming dev to create fake coins and made over 120 btc from the scam.

Open source codes that aren't maintained and audited by experts all the time are some of the most vunerable because there can be zero day exploit simply because any flaws are immediately seen by black hats while the white hats people are sleeping.

Snapchat, Whatsapp, Line... EVERY SINGLE one of these are not open source.   You think normal people give a crap about it?

rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:50:13 AM

Ok ... and ?

Just leave ...

You do realize that not seeing the "con" side of an investment is a bad idea right?  Any coin I decide to invest in I will welcome criticism to.  Informed decisions are not blindly optimistic ones

We are looking for constructive criticism, not fud. XC has proven itself to be a legitimate currency with high standards for any tech put out publicly.  I remember you were a very active member in one of the fud threads. Further you did not listen to our answer and took your own conclusions.

It's mostly because I've not seen any real answers.  I do have a question - how does XChat compare to Bitmessage - does it offer better anonymity and if so how?

It's funny you ask that, because even BitMessage is asking for independent audit for their system.   Do YOU know how BitMessage is really anonymous and good in any way?   How do you compare one system to another when both systems are not at the audited phase yet?

Bc one is open source?

So what if it's open source?   The question is... even if it's open source, do YOU know how secure it is.   BitMessage is still awaiting independent audit themselves like I said.  Even if both are open source, if both have not been audited independently... you don't really know how secure it is.   eg.  there is nothing to quantify against each other.

Ya... as if you can read code.    Open source shit is not better than close source...

USBcoin was open source... so what?  There was malicious code in there to allow the scamming dev to create fake coins and made over 120 btc from the scam.

Open source codes that aren't maintained and audited by experts all the time are some of the most vunerable because there can be zero day exploit simply because any flaws are immediately seen by black hats while the white hats people are sleeping.

Snapchat, Whatsapp, Line... EVERY SINGLE one of these are not open source.   You think normal people give a crap about it?

People who are serious about anon and into cryptocurrencies.  Yes.  Very much so. 

People who are not serious will buy doge
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:21:10 AM

Ok ... and ?

Just leave ...

You do realize that not seeing the "con" side of an investment is a bad idea right?  Any coin I decide to invest in I will welcome criticism to.  Informed decisions are not blindly optimistic ones

We are looking for constructive criticism, not fud. XC has proven itself to be a legitimate currency with high standards for any tech put out publicly.  I remember you were a very active member in one of the fud threads. Further you did not listen to our answer and took your own conclusions.

It's mostly because I've not seen any real answers.  I do have a question - how does XChat compare to Bitmessage - does it offer better anonymity and if so how?

It's funny you ask that, because even BitMessage is asking for independent audit for their system.   Do YOU know how BitMessage is really anonymous and good in any way?   How do you compare one system to another when both systems are not at the audited phase yet?

Bc one is open source?

So what if it's open source?   The question is... even if it's open source, do YOU know how secure it is.   BitMessage is still awaiting independent audit themselves like I said.  Even if both are open source, if both have not been audited independently... you don't really know how secure it is.   eg.  there is nothing to quantify against each other.

Ya... as if you can read code.    Open source shit is not better than close source...

USBcoin was open source... so what?  There was malicious code in there to allow the scamming dev to create fake coins and made over 120 btc from the scam.

People who are serious about anon and into cryptocurrencies.  Yes.  Very much so. 

Ya... people that have money and can move market can't read codes.   They rely on experts review.   Guess what?   XC will have those reviews and bounties post Rev 3. 

You are welcome.

alantech991

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:23:16 AM

Hello good peoples of XCurrency. Does anybody have a good description on how XChat works? Perhaps some documentation?

Alan
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:27:36 AM

I'll look forward to it   Smiley
novirudarzg

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:48:57 AM

hello friends Smiley

havent been arround for a while ...

but.. my friend told me smth like there is new xc multipool or smthing like that

so .. is there finally any working xc multipool at this moment?

thanks in advanc

big love..

Rudar
shanuu

Activity: 131

New Beginning!

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:32:43 AM

Hello good peoples of XCurrency. Does anybody have a good description on how XChat works? Perhaps some documentation?

Alan

http://downloads.xc-official.com/images/14-08-05%20Bitcointalk%20Opening%20Post.pdf

Maybe this help you.

cheers

Dungor

Activity: 178

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:05:02 AM

Alan

You download the client.

Create a new address that you label XChat.
If your wallet is locked unlock it and rightclick on the XChat address, you now have the option to both copy the address and the public key. When you have them stored lock the wallet again or unlock it but only for staking.
Post your address and public key in here with a post asking for help testing if it works. Then wait Smiley

This will presumably become a lot more user friendly with the upcoming user interface update.

I'm at work so I can't post screenshots to guide you. Let me know if any of steps in the process require additional detailing.

XChat XZFT9YxW9Uhv4R5yoWgUmYhAzqP5qVuZp8
Public Key 288p7Jom8LvQ1UNVgc7H7wzpZoQkqLdtqfR7Ls4Bgo3Mz
Herbix

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:19:29 AM

Ok ... and ?

Just leave ...

Bc one is open source?

Ya... people that have money and can move market can't read codes.   They rely on experts review.   Guess what?   XC will have those reviews and bounties post Rev 3. 

You are welcome.

Oh well, one of the open source anon coins was successfully attacked and markets are frozen.
shanuu

Activity: 131

New Beginning!

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:44:07 AM

[/quote]

Oh well, one of the open source anon coins was successfully attacked and markets are frozen.
[/quote]

Wich coin you talking about?
I see Monero frozen on poloniex Huh

reebokasss

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:02:33 AM

price is stable at 130-135k, if the price will remain stable after rev2 realease, or we will see pump and later wil back to the same level (130-150) like it was some months ago (pump to 310k) so i think we wont rise after rev3.. summary, i see very good news about XC, but trading volume is awful and price arent rising, so i cant understand people who are saying "we will rise 10-20 times from now in some months and bla bla bla"......

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
wooder

Activity: 324

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:02:44 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 10:56:23 AM by wooder

Wich coin you talking about?
I see Monero frozen on poloniex Huh

yeah it is monero. but opensource isn't the problem, i mean look at windows, it is closed source and no other os has that much worms/viruses.
i have to admit windows "problem" is also it's market share but not releasing the sources won't help you to be "safe", as everything can be reverse engineered.

"if it runs it can be defeated"
OldRedCracker

xc will also release the sources some time in future as no one will trust a closed source currency in the long term
F22Raptor

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:20:21 AM

the price is so stable and it's a good time to buy more nodes coz i guess the pmup period is coming Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 [1195] 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: