Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:23:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 [1225] 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483649 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:14:33 PM

Anyone know when the timelines will be updated on the OP?

ASAP. It's my job. Just so much going on here.

It's easy to draft, but takes hours to convert to BBcode.

While we're on the topic of my agenda:
- There will be a few press releases this week unveiling new features of Rev 2
- On Monday we release the final Rev 2 update, not Rev 2.5
- There will be other news on Monday too.

P.S. For the sake of those still confused about Rev 2: we released trustless mixing on 7/7/14, and since then have been building out the privacy functions. Monday is the final update to Privacy Mode before we mode on to the UI and the distributed content delivery service.

Thanks Arlyn!
dannyspk

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:24:48 PM

With so much drama in xcurrency
It's so hard to find a place to put my btc
but I, some how some way
keep comin' up with money for XC, like, every single day.  Grin

I know, right? Me too. Must be all the buying pressure. Grin
the_game1224

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:29:28 PM

Hey people, come and join me on the XC Multipool!

I'm mining scrypt and all seems to be working smoothly.

One of my favourite aspects of it is that there's no centralised database that stores your login details. Just enter an XC address (instead of a username/worker name) into your miner and off you go. #privacy

bump for those that missed it earlier
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:40:44 PM

Imagine if you owned a ton of stock in a high-end luxury car company. But the lead designer/developer of these high-end cars, is paid by low-end car companies in his spare time, to review their car's features and release a statement like "this low-end car's features are safe and well made" (resulting in an immediate increased demand for the low-end car company's stock, because they received a stamp of approval from a high-end company). Then the plan is, by continuing to legitimize and confirm the quality of their low-end competitors, the demand for the high-end car's stock will eventually go up because the public will respect their expertise for confirming the quality of other cars? Seriously? As an investor in the luxury car company, you may hope that they use their higher quality as a competitive advantage, leveraged to increase the distance between them and their low-end competitors. Instead the company is actively promoting the quality of their competitors and closing that gap. Then trying to further justify it by saying its good for the industry and will help keep consumers safe? How about we market how much better our own technology is, try to entice consumers to buy our product, which can provide them with that high level of safety and confidence that is lacking in the industry. I can't blame Dan for wanting to make money, but damn. At least be honest in the statement and say "hey Dan is going to use his knowledge to review the code of some other coins for a little extra income". It doesn't take a business guru to see that this is not effective promotion for XC.

I think the same montreal, developer team MUST dedicate ALL TIME in XC
I'd strongly disagree. We have possibly the hardest working fastest developer around. He has been fantastic. But he owes us nothing.
Dan, can do whatever he wants as far as I'm concerned. And I'm not concerned, at all. There are many reasons I like this coin and one is that I believe that Dan genuinely believes in what he is doing.
I think he will keep working away because of this, but he can take as much time off as he wants to.
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:51:42 PM

Imagine if you owned a ton of stock in a high-end luxury car company. But the lead designer/developer of these high-end cars, is paid by low-end car companies in his spare time, to review their car's features and release a statement like "this low-end car's features are safe and well made" (resulting in an immediate increased demand for the low-end car company's stock, because they received a stamp of approval from a high-end company).
Such a poor analogy. You are comparing a car company, which is a profit seeking venture with shareholders witha community based venture that will eventually be an open source project for the benefit of anyone, not just shareholders.

Can you see the very vast difference between a company with shareholders and a profit motive and something like Bitcoin?

Bitcoin or XC is very very different to a profit seeking corporation
mecc

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:15:42 AM

I don't like posting, but some of the nonsense going on here is bothering me.

Let's throw out the comparisons, analogies, and whatever story you got. You need to look at the main picture. What's going on? Look at the market. It's shit. Mining is worse than ever. Wallets infected with malware becoming more common. Uninspiring coins cashing in on the latest trend, well that's the same shit different day deal. It used to be anon, multisig, now it's anon + market, smart contracts, magical tech. MintPal used to have 2,000+ btc daily volume traded. Bittrex, still p&d central. Most are just uninspiring p&d coins that get left for dead, repeat ad nauseam. ICO/IPOs end up being a quick P&D with no future. The point? This is how money leaves the alt scene. Confidence dwindles.

XC was once labeled as a Fedora clone hack job. The dev a scammer. This was only a few months ago. Now he's getting paid by other developers/communities to verify their goods. It shows ATC as a businessman, XC as a leader. Who do you want in charge of development if you want to make money?

So what if a new developer on the scene wants to push out innovative ideas and useful features? He can inspire confidence by submiting proof of code. Clean, legit, innovative, certified to fly. Otherwise you get paired up with the bad of the cryptoworld. Look at every new announcement thread. POD! POD! POD!, what's the points of this shitcoin? You can open source all your goodies, but you know what happens after that. People use your tech, don't even credit you, run a quick p&d and leave the scene worse off. Case in point, Shadow with all its clones. These reviews help the entire alt scene.

An interesting thing to note. Supercoin devs said in their whitepaper a long time ago (phase one era) that Cloak had no idea what trustless meant. If Cloak had proof of code done would they have even gotten pumped? We saw the results of their 3rd party audit and its effect. How many people got burned on this? How many of them are bitter and are trolling other threads?

As for development on XC. Solidify the foundation. This means bulletproofing network, security and privacy features. Have you paid attention to some of the issues that have popped up for other coins? Network and security issues. If only they had someone on their team who was an expert in these fields. People already forgot about the ad hosting collab service. This is a ground breaking idea and it's just the beginning. I don't like coin hyping so I will stop there. If you feel depressed over XC's market, just look at Dan's linkedin.
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dan-metcalf/12/1a8/b82

As for the fudders, let them eat stake.

I put a tiny buy at 0.00127400 on Mint and a bunch of bots (I assume) cut ahead of me. I'll play your game
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:42:31 AM

<snip>
look at this awesomeness...

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/tx.dws?8bd4b429c9f0651ebedab6b37ea2b1f7b64f4087e4a7dbd10e06c9af2122d8e6.htm

Sent 10 XC here...   Who sent to who??!?!  How can this be possibly decoded?

Just check that transaction, compare it with older anon transactions that where so strong on its own & combine it with Dan statements about layered functionality. We all (should know) the layers that XC already has but to me it looks like XC Anon tech & the new mixers got a brand new layer of anon that is just out of this world. And this week we can expect another surprise from the team Grin If all you do is focus on a quick P&D this thread maybe the wrong place for you

im just bored right now so i tried my luck ^^ and i guess it would be to easy Grin
sender: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/address.dws?XS4QLi6VpQQo79HLkoFBj5YZkn6p6TuLKG.htm
receiver: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/address.dws?XGYtC2EuXkC5byNhhdXXwZMkNLhTHgrAZU.htm

Nope.   There are 5 inputs (4 of them went to zero balance).  18 different outputs has received 10 XC...  so,  there are 90 possible guesses just from that alone.   So, you have like a 1 out of 90 chances to blindly guess right.  LOL.

SouthernBTC

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:44:40 AM

I don't like posting, but some of the nonsense going on here is bothering me.

Let's throw out the comparisons, analogies, and whatever story you got. You need to look at the main picture. What's going on? Look at the market. It's shit. Mining is worse than ever. Wallets infected with malware becoming more common. Uninspiring coins cashing in on the latest trend, well that's the same shit different day deal. It used to be anon, multisig, now it's anon + market, smart contracts, magical tech. MintPal used to have 2,000+ btc daily volume traded. Bittrex, still p&d central. Most are just uninspiring p&d coins that get left for dead, repeat ad nauseam. ICO/IPOs end up being a quick P&D with no future. The point? This is how money leaves the alt scene. Confidence dwindles.

XC was once labeled as a Fedora clone hack job. The dev a scammer. This was only a few months ago. Now he's getting paid by other developers/communities to verify their goods. It shows ATC as a businessman, XC as a leader. Who do you want in charge of development if you want to make money?

So what if a new developer on the scene wants to push out innovative ideas and useful features? He can inspire confidence by submiting proof of code. Clean, legit, innovative, certified to fly. Otherwise you get paired up with the bad of the cryptoworld. Look at every new announcement thread. POD! POD! POD!, what's the points of this shitcoin? You can open source all your goodies, but you know what happens after that. People use your tech, don't even credit you, run a quick p&d and leave the scene worse off. Case in point, Shadow with all its clones. These reviews help the entire alt scene.

An interesting thing to note. Supercoin devs said in their whitepaper a long time ago (phase one era) that Cloak had no idea what trustless meant. If Cloak had proof of code done would they have even gotten pumped? We saw the results of their 3rd party audit and its effect. How many people got burned on this? How many of them are bitter and are trolling other threads?

As for development on XC. Solidify the foundation. This means bulletproofing network, security and privacy features. Have you paid attention to some of the issues that have popped up for other coins? Network and security issues. If only they had someone on their team who was an expert in these fields. People already forgot about the ad hosting collab service. This is a ground breaking idea and it's just the beginning. I don't like coin hyping so I will stop there. If you feel depressed over XC's market, just look at Dan's linkedin.
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dan-metcalf/12/1a8/b82

As for the fudders, let them eat stake.

I put a tiny buy at 0.00127400 on Mint and a bunch of bots (I assume) cut ahead of me. I'll play your game

+1. Not to mention, once the p&d's come down xc can snatch up any talent that was on the team.
dannyspk

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:57:06 AM

I don't wanna quote mecc for the viewing pleasure of forum threads but basically what I think too. Stop being needy and whiny like a bunch of babies. I think sometimes XC thread is way too polite for certain kind of people. It's like an open invitation for the said people who refuse to accept terms with reality.

Dan alone is the real reason why we are in the top 15 market cap. He knows what he's doing. Next time before doubting his abilities and feeling entitled that he owes you, remind yourself that you're no different than those p&ds people who will gtfo the very first moment they make a decent gain. Do we really need those short sighted investors? No, thank you. Better get rid of them right now.
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:40:10 AM

Such a poor analogy. You are comparing a car company, which is a profit seeking venture with shareholders witha community based venture that will eventually be an open source project for the benefit of anyone, not just shareholders.

Can you see the very vast difference between a company with shareholders and a profit motive and something like Bitcoin?

You didn't get the point of my post or your just avoiding it. Either way, I know my example wasn't the best, but it got my general opinion across and its not worth arguing over the details of my example scenario like this. Constructively discussing ideas and providing opinions with the XC community is always a good thing.
ok, apologies if I misunderstood or misconstrued you
HappyHogan

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:18:23 AM

You didn't get the point of my post or your just avoiding it. Either way, I know my example wasn't the best, but it got my general opinion across and its not worth arguing over the details of my example scenario like this. Constructively discussing ideas and providing opinions with the XC community is always a good thing.

Exactly, this will prove to be the fatal flaw for most non-outright P&D cryptocurrency projects. Coins need active development and promotion. And no one has the incentive to do this in the basic model. You need to have some arrangement in place to incentivize those who assume these tasks. You might call it centralization Smiley
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:52:30 AM

I'm a little concerned. Dan is reviewing the code of other coins. They tend to do well even though in my opinion they don't offer anything spectacular. I understand Dan needs to eat and pay the bills, but what about XC?

reminds me of an old adage my father used to tell me:
Shoe repair guy is so busy and successful fixing everyone else's shoes but he forgets to fix his own shoes and they eventually wear down and break (was trying to write this as well as I could because it was told to me in Russian many years ago so excuse my translation).  Smiley

Yes, I get the same impression. They put out one lame press release after another but they can't generate any new interest, as evidenced by the falling volume:

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=3-months&resolution=day&pair=xc-btc&market=mintpal

I'm a XC bagholder and I don't like what I'm seeing. We have a former Microsoft guy working on the marketing, right? What's he been up to recently?
The way I look at it is, that this calendar year we have seen the altcoin market explode, with hundreds of coins being issued, and the whole thing is still kinda in a state of chaos. There is just too much to take in, and it will still take awhile for the dust to settle.
But in time I think some coins will remain, and come into use in transactions. XC stands a good chance IMHO when I compare it to the others I see.

On the other hand this space is still so wild and unpredictable that what actually happens will probably be nothing like I imagine Smiley
There is still the odd very interesting innovation appearing.

We may even see hundreds of thousands of coins and coins as a currency of self expression as Andreas Andropoulos suggested in a talk I saw.
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:00:26 AM

ok, apologies if I misunderstood or misconstrued you
sorry for the weak analogy, I deleted my original post after Synechist fully addressed it. Thank you for showing some maturity and not implying I am a shortsighted whiny baby or fudding, because I have an opinion on a topic related to XC (which I'm heavily invested in for the longterm).
You must have caught me on a good day Smiley
All the best.
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:17:30 AM

Just Bought 3000 XCs guys  Grin Grin I was sick of my orders standing there withouth anyone wanting to sell ... they are still a bargain at those prices anyway.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
Dungor

Activity: 178

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:25:58 AM

I hope to see XC tech on that timeline in 2015 Wink

http://www.techpowerup.com/204988/wi-fi-alliance-celebrates-15-years-of-wi-fi.html

XChat XZFT9YxW9Uhv4R5yoWgUmYhAzqP5qVuZp8
Public Key 288p7Jom8LvQ1UNVgc7H7wzpZoQkqLdtqfR7Ls4Bgo3Mz
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:27:16 AM

Just Bought 3000 XCs guys  Grin Grin I was sick of my orders standing there withouth anyone wanting to sell ... they are still a bargain at those prices anyway.

Nice one.. Indeed they are a bargain at the moment.. Once a few more chunky buys kick in we will rise pretty fast, then the sheep will come and see rev 2 is round the corner... 6 days to go!

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
cryptico

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:22:17 AM

Hey Synechist, there is no mention in the roadmap on page 1 about web 3.0 and the qibuck collaboration.. will that be updated?

thx

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
cryptico

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:43:58 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF7HxLCFMeY&index=2&list=UUXe1qKfGweMKTnmRrMw9yOg

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/paypal-steals-apples-thunder-can-spend-bitcoin-tap/

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
Dungor

Activity: 178

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:05:24 AM

How has the bitcoin price not spiked on this news?

XChat XZFT9YxW9Uhv4R5yoWgUmYhAzqP5qVuZp8
Public Key 288p7Jom8LvQ1UNVgc7H7wzpZoQkqLdtqfR7Ls4Bgo3Mz
dannyspk

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:28:04 AM

Cause technical indicators.
Pages: « 1 ... 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 [1225] 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: