Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:43:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 [1342] 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483650 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 08:06:42 PM

It's passed my bedtime and just saw the XC News, been bagging up all XC under 16k sats on POLO for the QBK ASSET FUND..we got now over 1.2k ..I hope they can dump on our  orders while I sleep now. Cheesy Cheesy Retweeted @goldentags..go go XC ..

Nice work :-).

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:07:17 PM

XC Shares might not be 'legal' in all jurisdictions ..
Where do you plan to incorporate ??
What structure are you going to use, LLC or other ??

Someone ( Dan? ) might want to contact 'kosmost'
with KARM coin as he recently setup an LLC structure
which was subsequently closed down/dissolved ..  

Triff ..

Good questions. We'll need to decide on these details. Potentially we have a way of getting around the hurdle you mention.

We'll keep you all updated on this sort of stuff.

Thanks .. keep up the good work ..
Couple more for you ..

What is the anticipated total number of XC Shares ~550,000 ??
Will the then current XC coin owners be offered a better pricing structure
than what will be offered to XCShares ICO buyers ??

I'm trying to figure out if my BTC is better spent on XC now or
waiting for the ICO and buying XCShares directly ..

Triff ..   

Jbanna

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:07:31 PM

One concern I have is that creating xc inc. will deter people from using xcurrency, and once xc is a corporation, competing companies may not want to accept xcurrency. This is exciting news and I am intrigued, however there seems to be a catch 22 here. The explosion of btc and crypto can be attributed to their decentralized nature, how does xcurrency plan on remaining decentralized, especially when a majority of the xcurrency is also owned by soon to be company shareholders? Any thoughts?

Good point.

However XC's code will be open source.

Everyone in their right mind will jump at the chance to integrate the leading private open source currency.

As for the idea that the majority of XCurrency will be owned by XC Inc. shareholders:

- People will have months to become shareholders, and the opportunity will be well-advertised.

- People will be free to use XC as a temporary means of obtaining XC Inc. shares, and sell afterwards. After the ICO they'll trade independently of each other.

- Since there's no organic connection between the two, and no internal control over their relative values, I don't see this as a problem.

Have I missed something?

If people are "free to use XC as a temporary means of obtaining XC Inc. shares, and sell afterwards." then couldn't I buy 1000XC obtain my 100xc inc.... sell my 1000XC.... rebuy my 1000XC and get another 100xc inc shares... Then sell my 1000XC and have 200xc inc shares for free Huh??
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:08:47 PM

One concern I have is that creating xc inc. will deter people from using xcurrency, and once xc is a corporation, competing companies may not want to accept xcurrency. This is exciting news and I am intrigued, however there seems to be a catch 22 here. The explosion of btc and crypto can be attributed to their decentralized nature, how does xcurrency plan on remaining decentralized, especially when a majority of the xcurrency is also owned by soon to be company shareholders? Any thoughts?

Good point.

Everyone in their right mind will jump at the chance to integrate the leading private open source currency.

As for the idea that the majority of XCurrency will be owned by XC Inc. shareholders:

- People will have months to become shareholders, and the opportunity will be well-advertised.

- People will be free to use XC as a temporary means of obtaining XC Inc. shares, and sell afterwards. After the ICO they'll trade independently of each other.

- Since there's no organic connection between the two, and no internal control over their relative values, I don't see this as a problem.

Have I missed something?

If people are "free to use XC as a temporary means of obtaining XC Inc. shares, and sell afterwards." then couldn't I buy 1000XC obtain my 100xc inc.... sell my 1000XC.... rebuy my 1000XC and get another 100xc inc shares... Then sell my 1000XC and have 200xc inc shares for free Huh??

That's why I suggested there is a lock time.  If you don't own your XC by then, sorry....

Kinda like ex-div date for stocks.

the_game1224

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:09:51 PM

Ok, let me lay my thoughts out in text. XC registers in multiple countries as a Corporation and issues shares and pays dividends. In America the SEC requires full shareholder identity disclosure, the IRS requires a yearly tax return on shares held and any dividends payed.

Please correct me if my logic is flawed.

It probably won't be like this. An ICO is not an IPO.

I think it is important to establish this for certain
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 08:10:13 PM

Triff ..

Good questions. We'll need to decide on these details. Potentially we have a way of getting around the hurdle you mention.

Couple more for you ..

Triff ..   

My guess is that shares will cost the same no matter what you buy them with.

Buy if you buy XC you'll not have to sell them to get shares.

So I'd buy.

There will be more shares available than there are XC coins, or else no-one will be able to buy without first buying XC. We haven't decided on an amount yet though.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:10:24 PM

This should be answered ASAP as it was the first thing I thought of

Paypall is a corporation and other corporations accept them. Having XC as a company will give credibility to the Business world to Our Platform expecially for web 3.0 applications. Xc Could have the Potential to shape the New Internet and be the new Currency of this new Internet in the same time.. Why people will not want to use it. We are going for main stream adoption not for Crypto niche Nerds.

One question that I have is will XC have a board of Directors? will dan be the CTO? will there be a CTO? what if Microsoft will want to buy it? will the CTO sign the Deal withouth the Community/shareHolders have a voice on it? will there be an official Board of Share Holders now as the Major corporations to talk about future decisions?

But Paypal is just a means of transferring fiat.  Big difference versus a decentralized currency.

Not trying to be negative just trying to both play devil's advocate and wrap my head around the whole thing.

Exactly XC is superior in every Aspect to Paypall as it is a mean of transfer a currency a private platform a future Infrastructure for web 3.0 and blockchain 2.0 apps..

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
Jbanna

Activity: 151

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:11:00 PM

Good point.

Have I missed something?

That's why I suggested there is a lock time.  If you don't own your XC by then, sorry....

Kinda like ex-div date for stocks.
true.. that's really the only way I can think this will work...  A snapshot of the blockchain at one specific time.

edit: looks like we all better pick up our XC now before price continues up!
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 08:11:20 PM

Ok, let me lay my thoughts out in text. XC registers in multiple countries as a Corporation and issues shares and pays dividends. In America the SEC requires full shareholder identity disclosure, the IRS requires a yearly tax return on shares held and any dividends payed.

Definitely. It's a priority.

We're consulting on the legal and regulatory details of all this.

We'll keep you all updated as things develop.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:13:11 PM

Triff ..

Couple more for you ..

Triff ..   

My guess is that shares will cost the same no matter what you buy them with.

Buy if you buy XC you'll not have to sell them to get shares.

So I'd buy.

There will be more shares available than there are XC coins, or else no-one will be able to buy without first buying XC. We haven't decided on an amount yet though.

don't have to be more , just more than 550k
SouthernBTC

Activity: 192

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:14:07 PM

Paypall is a corporation and other corporations accept them. Having XC as a company will give credibility to the Business world to Our Platform expecially for web 3.0 applications. Xc Could have the Potential to shape the New Internet and be the new Currency of this new Internet in the same time.. Why people will not want to use it. We are going for main stream adoption not for Crypto niche Nerds.

One question that I have is will XC have a board of Directors? will dan be the CTO? will there be a CTO? what if Microsoft will want to buy it? will the CTO sign the Deal withouth the Community/shareHolders have a voice on it? will there be an official Board of Share Holders now as the Major corporations to talk about future decisions?

Edit:

Maybe we can do a community/share holders voting system for the Decisions to be made like for Example 100 shares Equal one Vote...my 2 XCs

Your 2 XCs now = .2 XCshare. Lol.

Thanks for all the feedback, believe me the questions are going to get much tougher. There are a lot of things the team needs to consider, there will be a fine line between the company and the currency. There may be no organic connection between the two, but they will both be inextricably connected; if there is bad news about xc inc the company you can be certain it will affect the value of xcurrency.

I'm not trying to be a naysayer, I'm just asking these questions before outsiders come in here and ask them. I am fully invested in xc, sold all my btc and don't plan on selling my xcurrency anytime soon.  Smiley
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:20:39 PM

I think now is the time to ask less questions and just bag up on XC before it moons.. I have to sleep now but got more buy orders in.. XC is a top CAILBER COIN AND ENTITY..Tuck in and digest later. Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 08:22:37 PM

Edit:

Maybe we can do a community/share holders voting system for the Decisions to be made like for Example 100 shares Equal one Vote...my 2 XCs

Thanks for all the feedback, believe me the questions are going to get much tougher. There are a lot of things the team needs to consider, there will be a fine line between the company and the currency. There may be no organic connection between the two, but they will both be inextricably connected; if there is bad news about xc inc the company you can be certain it will affect the value of xcurrency.

I'm not trying to be a naysayer, I'm just asking these questions before outsiders come in here and ask them. I am fully invested in xc, sold all my btc and don't plan on selling my xcurrency anytime soon.  Smiley

Indeed. There are a whole lot of questions we're consulting on. It's a multifaceted and complex thing.

Put it this way though:
- XC the currency would thrive due to fundamentals like liquidity, fiat gateways, app quality and pervasiveness, being free and open source, etc.
- XC Inc. would thrive due to continued innovation, the success of its platforms, etc.
- So they're distinct (though associated) tokens of value.
- Therefore if, say, Microsoft buys XC Inc, it wouldn't thereby own XC the currency and wouldn't have any direct control over it at all. But it would over XC Inc.

I'm comfortable with the value of one affecting the value of the other.

I'm equally comfortable with their fundamentals being distinct, and very happy that owning one cannot mean controlling the other.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
the_game1224

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:23:58 PM

Definitely. It's a priority.

We're consulting on the legal and regulatory details of all this.

We'll keep you all updated as things develop.

Great, thanks!
SouthernBTC

Activity: 192

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:25:29 PM

I think now is the time to ask less questions and just bag up on XC before it moons.. I have to sleep now but got more buy orders in.. XC is a top CAILBER COIN AND ENTITY..Tuck in and digest later. Smiley

to the contrary...believe me, I own enough already! Wink
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:27:40 PM

Edit:

Indeed. There are a whole lot of questions we're consulting on. It's a multifaceted and complex thing.

Put it this way though:
- XC the currency would thrive due to fundamentals like liquidity, fiat gateways, app quality and pervasiveness, being free and open source, etc.
- XC Inc. would thrive due to continued innovation, the success of its platforms, etc.
- So they're distinct (though associated) tokens of value.
- Therefore if, say, Microsoft buys XC Inc, it wouldn't thereby own XC the currency and wouldn't have any direct control over it at all. But it would over XC Inc.

I'm comfortable with the value of one affecting the value of the other.

I'm equally comfortable with their fundamentals being distinct, and very happy that owning one cannot mean controlling the other.

Just imagine the day XC Inc. sells for 6 BILLION+... our marketcap now is under 4 MIL...   THIS is the undervalue part that people aren't looking at.   Don't know what needs to be done to rub it into people's thick skull. Wink

You missed GOOG, FB, TWTR IPO?  well... there's XC....

Mountaingoat

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 08:29:56 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2014, 08:50:08 PM by Mountaingoat

to the contrary...believe me, I own enough already! Wink
But buying more is better right?
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:43:53 PM

This mintpal new look with the new coins added is really nice..............

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:48:53 PM

wow this is all so exciting, looking forward on the coming weeks discussing the hows and ifs. i don't encourage a voting system though. the final decisions should be made by the team. i'm happy we get involved from the get go.

so 550.000 shares will go directly to the xc holders in case all claim them. what they wanna do with them is up to them.
now the questin is how many additional shares should hit the market directly. the company should collect some money too but don't make this number to big either. we could make a preference vote on this with the final decision still in the hands of Dan.

the smaller you make the extra offering the higher the buy pressure on XCurrency, so the teams stake gets worth more plus the share price will be much higher and the team can sell the shares corresponding to their stake directly on the market.
what i wanna say is don't make to many shares and make this an early decision.   Smiley

as you can see in my sig  i recently took part in another coins giveaway. they seperated the offering in two rounds with limited time for the free shares. those shares that havent been claimed in the first round have been equally distributed to those who claimed them in the first round in a second round of offering. For example if 500k shares get claimed by XC holders in a certain amount of time. after a deadline . the rest 50k get equally distributed among those who claimed theirs. or half of it and set up a fund for philantropic work with the rest. depends on the numbers.

Sounds crasy but i don't see a 100% claim rate among XC holders.some forget it or whatever.  so there should be a plan for that.

Mountaingoat

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 08:50:53 PM

This mintpal new look with the new coins added is really nice..............
It has not changed yet for me.
Pages: « 1 ... 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 [1342] 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: