Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:57:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 [1543] 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483650 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 07:09:25 PM

NO ONE SHOULD Use Bittrex. Move to Poloniex or Bter.

poloniex cant be trusted either ( hosting there own scam ipo promoting it and then saying they had noting to do whit it < and shit like this )
and bter has problems to ( they steal money whit there system of trading )
craptsy ( has had innumerable problems sins day 1 * witch would have led to a insolvent exchange ) mtgox 2.0 ?
bitturex is swamped whit scam ipo.s ( 1 worse then the other )

Don't really understand why XC is not jumping into this by announcing and focusing on a decentralised anonimous exchange. This is what all we want.

But we have.

What's better than a decentralised exchange that runs only on one coin (and thereby lacks the market penetration to have any kind of useable liquidity)? A decentralised exchange that runs on the Blocknet.

The Blocknet will implement decentralised exchange as the second of its three core technologies.

So it's coming soon.

Please elaborate a bit more about the blocknet exchange and how you will be able to trade coins in there i mean BTC pairs and LTC pairs etc plus fiat. I mean a full exchange like bittrex but decentralised and P2P.

Market penetration, if it was built on top XC meshnetwork, would be reached as everyone would have wanted to trade in this exchange as it is the most secure decentralized true P2P way of trading. I meant a true exchange where you trade all crypto on top of the mesh network in there you can trade everything so I do not understand why you will need the partecipation of blocknet coins for the exchange when you can have them and all the crypto Market place on top of the exchange.

This off course would have boosted XC sales as Xmixers would have had a reason to be online to get fees now there is no reason to have an Xmixer and I have to buy in another product as well that could dump to 500 satoshi the day after I buy in.

You won't need to own Blocknet tokens to use the Blocknet exchange. That's the whole point.

It'll have as many currency pairs as there are participating coins.

Why have it at the Blocknet rather than XC?
- The user base is massively bigger
- Users of the exchange won't have to have an XC app. Any XBridge-enabled wallet will work.

Do you see the point? A decentralised exchange hosted on XC wallets will never work. It has to be cross-platform to gain any liquidity.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 07:20:06 PM

poloniex cant be trusted either ( hosting there own scam ipo promoting it and then saying they had noting to do whit it < and shit like this )
craptsy ( has had innumerable problems sins day 1 * witch would have led to a insolvent exchange ) mtgox 2.0 ?

Don't really understand why XC is not jumping into this by announcing and focusing on a decentralised anonimous exchange. This is what all we want.

But we have.

What's better than a decentralised exchange that runs only on one coin (and thereby lacks the market penetration to have any kind of useable liquidity)? A decentralised exchange that runs on the Blocknet.

The Blocknet will implement decentralised exchange as the second of its three core technologies.

So it's coming soon.

Please elaborate a bit more about the blocknet exchange and how you will be able to trade coins in there i mean BTC pairs and LTC pairs etc plus fiat. I mean a full exchange like bittrex but decentralised and P2P.

Market penetration, if it was built on top XC meshnetwork, would be reached as everyone would have wanted to trade in this exchange as it is the most secure decentralized true P2P way of trading. I meant a true exchange where you trade all crypto on top of the mesh network in there you can trade everything so I do not understand why you will need the partecipation of blocknet coins for the exchange when you can have them and all the crypto Market place on top of the exchange.

This off course would have boosted XC sales as Xmixers would have had a reason to be online to get fees now there is no reason to have an Xmixer and I have to buy in another product as well that could dump to 500 satoshi the day after I buy in.

You won't need to own Blocknet tokens to use the Blocknet exchange. That's the whole point.

- Users of the exchange won't have to have an XC app. Any XBridge-enabled wallet will work.

Do you see the point? A decentralised exchange hosted on XC wallets will never work. It has to be cross-platform to gain any liquidity.

Arlyn I truly respect you and the team behind XC and that is the reason I am still here trying to grasp something that I do not seem to be able to grasp.

Im seeying more your point if people do not need to buy tokens to trade on the exchange they will still need to buy in whatever coin that is inside the blocknet to be able to use the exchange and they will be able to exchange it just with coins in the blocknet.

what I had in mind was a 3.0 web service exchange build on top of the mesh network you see my point? noone would have need to buy in any coin of any network he would just go in the exchange and create an account and trade. the exchange would have been on top of the mesh network instead of servers.

I see your point that with the blocknet exchange people will be able to trade from day 1 the coins in the blocknet. what I think is you can see my point also. The users would have arrived once you would have build a new exchange.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
reebokasss

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 08:07:52 PM

But we have.

So it's coming soon.

Arlyn I truly respect you and the team behind XC and that is the reason I am still here trying to grasp something that I do not seem to be able to grasp.

Im seeying more your point if people do not need to buy tokens to trade on the exchange they will still need to buy in whatever coin that is inside the blocknet to be able to use the exchange and they will be able to exchange it just with coins in the blocknet.

what I had in mind was a 3.0 web service exchange build on top of the mesh network you see my point? noone would have need to buy in any coin of any network he would just go in the exchange and create an account and trade. the exchange would have been on top of the mesh network instead of servers.

I see your point that with the blocknet exchange people will be able to trade from day 1 the coins in the blocknet. what I think is you can see my point also. The users would have arrived once you would have build a new exchange.

and what is realeasing time of the new exchange? week/month/year ?? i

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
WayForward

Activity: 255
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:02:03 PM

So to run a node I just need to tag on this in the properties of the shortcut ? -distmix-autonode

Then open port 32348

and thats it ?

Anyone ?
Iknowwhatyouaredoing

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:06:23 PM

All the unwanted dumpers are just about gone and good riddance too. 

Its pretty easy to spot who and from where is doing it.  All the alt coins that have a collab with us are making upwards movement whilst they dump their stock of XC to buy their coins to raise their coins up.

Numbers dont lie. People do.

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 10:23:04 PM

But we have.

So it's coming soon.

Hey Cryptico

A web 3.0 exchange built on top of the mesh network would not be something you'd log in to. Your app would receive bids and asks directly from other nodes, and it would trade directly with other nodes.

If it were only on the XC network, then how would Xnodes accept other currencies? They couldn't, because they're just XC wallets.

Alternatively you could build a traditional centralised exchange on XC's mesh network, offering different currency pairs as per usual.

But this would be no more secure than Bittrex/Mintpal/Poloniex. Its owners could still freely abuse their position of power in myriad ways.

What we're waiting for is a truly decentralised exchange. And for this to work, there needs to be an API in every currency's nodes that enable them to talk to nodes from other currencies.

It needs an XBridge. It needs the Blocknet.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 10:29:55 PM

I'm off to bed, but I'd like to ask:

Who's had any issues with the latest wallet releases?

Version 2.49.08 on Windows, Mac and Linux.

Seriously. If there are any issues outstanding, we want to straighten them out pronto.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
MemoryShock

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:37:05 PM

Seriously. If there are any issues outstanding, we want to straighten them out pronto.

Question - Does the wallet link always get updated into the opening post or some other consistent location? 

I don't always catch the new releases and acknowledge that sometimes they are test releases so it is not unusual for me to not be on the latest (and I would like to become more involved with providing feedback if it helps the development)...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:41:05 PM

I'm using the latest stable Linux wallet together with a couple of other PoS wallets on an elderly dual core PC. I need to restart the XC wallet once a day because it is slowing down my system to a crawl. I would like to downgrade to the previous stable wallet but I deleted it and it doesn't seem to be available to download any more.  Roll Eyes

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 10:43:36 PM

Question - Does the wallet link always get updated into the opening post or some other consistent location? 

I don't always catch the new releases and acknowledge that sometimes they are test releases so it is not unusual for me to not be on the latest (and I would like to become more involved with providing feedback if it helps the development)...

Hey hey, thanks for being keen to test new builds.

The link on the OP goes to http://xc-official.com/xc-downloads/ - a generic page for all downloads.

The latest releases will always be in http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 10:47:26 PM

I'm using the latest stable Linux wallet together with a couple of other PoS wallets on an elderly dual core PC. I need to restart the XC wallet once a day because it is slowing down my system to a crawl. I would like to downgrade to the previous stable wallet but I deleted it and it doesn't seem to be available to download any more.  Roll Eyes

Do you have the wallet version you'd want to download?

You could try looking in http://downloads.xc-official.com/testing/ and http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/

A few older versions are there.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
MemoryShock

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:50:19 PM

Hey hey, thanks for being keen to test new builds.

The link on the OP goes to http://xc-official.com/xc-downloads/ - a generic page for all downloads.

The latest releases will always be in http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/

Thanks, bookmarked...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:52:46 PM

Do you have the wallet version you'd want to download?

You could try looking in http://downloads.xc-official.com/testing/ and http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/

A few older versions are there.

I don't remember the wallet version, but it was the one that hadn't been updated for a long time (Linux and Mac wallets were neglected for some time). Anyway, it's not a big deal and I hope that Dan fixes it.

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:58:45 PM

There's been quite a bit of testing in this thread which is unresolved and not commented on.  I started sending my issues directly to Dan based on his comments that the mixer was solid but I haven't heard from him in a while.

A few days left.  Plenty of issues.  I'm willing to help by testing and providing any info I can.  It's been this way for a while.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 11:01:29 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 12:22:20 AM by synechist

There's been quite a bit of testing in this thread which is unresolved and not commented on.  I started sending my issues directly to Dan but I haven't heard from him in a while.

A few days left.  Plenty of issues.  I'm willing to help by testing and providing any info I can.  It's been this way for a while.

Hmm... I thought the issues had only to do with the group chat test releases.

There's definitely an issue there, and it's with the Bitcoin code. Dan found a memory hole and will be building a new protocol to replace it.

I'll take a look at the past few days and see what's come up with the latest stable release.

Edit: having looked over the days since the last stable release, there hasn't been testing really. And minimal issues have been reported. Let's test things tomorrow.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
kewlya

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:37:56 AM

So to run a node I just need to tag on this in the properties of the shortcut ? -distmix-autonode

Then open port 32348

and thats it ?

Anyone ?

yes, you need that port to be open and thats all !!
FlyboyHawk

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:58:16 AM

Still don't have Coin Control for the Mac; don't know about Linux
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:29:40 AM

Coin control is available on the Mac xc client.  Not sure what version your using but perhaps you need an upgrade?
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 03:11:23 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 03:37:34 AM by infinitechaos

I have yet to be able to receive messages via XChat on my Mac wallet.

In IRC now if anyone wants to test.

XChat address: XUHBQfuEMhxVZG76koBVHMyJ31VtMYVW9E
Public Key: 28EWoPmHj5PDfaJbU9mYebrL8KqRkF8uiHezxShyCvh9U

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
FlyboyHawk

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 03:17:44 AM

Coin control is available on the Mac xc client.  Not sure what version your using but perhaps you need an upgrade?

I downloaded the latest version on XC website which was: XCurrency-qt-08 prod.dmg. When I open that up the "About XCurrency" shows the id as XCurrency version v0.9.2.49.08.XCurrency-Rev2. There is no 'options' under the settings menu as in Windows and on 'Send coins' button, no coin control. Is there a later version somewhere else or am I missing something else
Pages: « 1 ... 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 [1543] 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: