Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:25:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 [1547] 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
atcsecure

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 07:07:49 PM

Are there any specific plans or goals for software release(s) before the 29th that will inspire investor and user confidence?  It seems like we may of moved from XChat development on traditional systems to mobile development?  I realize you are very busy with the upcoming release of BlockNet infrastructure.  Thanks.
A stable release of XChat across all platforms.

2 days left.  Been ready to test new builds and help discover bugs.  I'm willing to work for free here.  Haven't heard about XChat much lately though.  Everything is still on track...right???   Wink

I was not able to follow along over the weekend, did the actual android app get released for testing (not just the UI sneak peak)?

if i didnt missed anything, so we didnt see Dan here all weekend. it would be nice to know when devs are planning to realease test and final mobile wallet and rev2.5 Smiley

I don't think another version was released yet.  The UI sneak peek had some working functionality however.  Take a step back though.  XChat and the mixer still are not working for me and many others.  I'm ready and available to provide details and testing.  Seems like quite a bit of testing would need to be done if it's spanning across 3 platforms.  Adding mobile to the eco-system before the 3 main platforms are solid seems odd.  I've had multiple software Q&A jobs in my lifetime so I speak from some experience.

Hey Ursay

What problems are you having with XChat, and with private transactions?

They're working fine for me. Keen to do some testing of the stable version?

- http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/windows/XCurrency_2.49.08.exe

I'm on a Mac.  The problem is the mixer and XChat don't work.  XChat issues have already been documented in this thread quite a bit.  Mixer issues were sent to Dan via PM.  Was there other specific testing I can do which would be helpful and push towards stable releases?

When was this? The stable release has been well-tested before we started the group chat test releases, and XChat (without group chat) worked fine, as well as private transactions.

What were the mixer issues?

Edit: the Mac build is new and therefore was not tested previously. So we need to test it: http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/OSX/XCurrency-qt-08_prod.dmg

This was 2 weeks ago when multiple users in this thread were testing.  There was not much success.  XChat does NOT work fine.  Private transactions do NOT work fine.

The mixer issues are that it does not work.  I tested with XCurrency-qt-multichat_08i and my xc just disappeared into thin air.  After Dan asked me to try XCurrency-qt-08_prod I got...
searching, then processing, then timeout expired

After that I haven't heard from Dan.

08i? But that's not the stable build.

By my recollection, XChat (without group chat) does work very well and was tested more than two weeks ago. Same goes for private transactions.

But hey, let's not go by memory. Let's test the thing.

Send me a message.

Synechist,
Can we try to bring some structure into this test & start with the basics?
Where/who is the XC test manager? Testing is a job for a skilled professional, you are great with communication but maybe it is more smart to structure this endevor by switching first to the XC forum and get someone tech from the team to coordinate everything. Including (but not limited to) basic setup & checks and a simple checklist that can be crossed of after x no of confirmations from independed users opn the specified platform.

Im my day job i handle acceptance test with a lot more care & preparation that what seems to be happening here. And this is cross platform with cutting edge tech

I just installed from the .exe you just posted as the stable version over the current one(eg: did not de-install anything) , the wallet reports "v0.9.2.49.08.XCurrency-REV2" as the version. Is this correct?

Second: in my (windows) explorer i still see something i do not understand.
The XCurrency-qt.exe reports Date Modified: 10/1/2014 12:43PM
Following this thread i would expect a more recent timestamp. Is this correct?

but first ... i have a 4 year old that needs me to read here a bedtime story ... will be back online in an hour or so

That is the correct version/protocol being used for the stable release

XChat on this version was tested across Windows, Linux, OSX and Mobile...  and works

USRAY - it is impossible your XC vanished into thin air, send me over the TX ID from your transaction and we can see were they went, 2nd if your having issues with both Xchat and Mixer, it could be something related to your firewall setup.

Due to the nature of the mixer, certain firewalls can impact its ability to function and this applies to auto-nodes as well.  If your running an auto-node and not seeing any transactions then that is most likely the case

For testing, all autonode testing was done on a PUBLIC IP with a single wallet on the IP, as for XChat - all testing was done with a single wallet behind a NAT router w/ the correct PORT forwarding in place

My XChat info is in my sig, go ahead and send me a message for testing, but if your using any version other than "08"  it won't work

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
atcsecure

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 07:10:18 PM

Are there any specific plans or goals for software release(s) before the 29th that will inspire investor and user confidence?  It seems like we may of moved from XChat development on traditional systems to mobile development?  I realize you are very busy with the upcoming release of BlockNet infrastructure.  Thanks.

2 days left.  Been ready to test new builds and help discover bugs.  I'm willing to work for free here.  Haven't heard about XChat much lately though.  Everything is still on track...right???   Wink

I was not able to follow along over the weekend, did the actual android app get released for testing (not just the UI sneak peak)?

if i didnt missed anything, so we didnt see Dan here all weekend. it would be nice to know when devs are planning to realease test and final mobile wallet and rev2.5 Smiley

I don't think another version was released yet.  The UI sneak peek had some working functionality however.  Take a step back though.  XChat and the mixer still are not working for me and many others.  I'm ready and available to provide details and testing.  Seems like quite a bit of testing would need to be done if it's spanning across 3 platforms.  Adding mobile to the eco-system before the 3 main platforms are solid seems odd.  I've had multiple software Q&A jobs in my lifetime so I speak from some experience.

USRAY - your using 08_prod correct?

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 07:11:28 PM

2 days left.  Been ready to test new builds and help discover qbugs.  I'm willing to work for free here.  Haven't heard about XChat much lately though.  Everything is still on track...right???   Wink

Hey Ursay

What problems are you having with XChat, and with private transactions?

They're working fine for me. Keen to do some testing of the stable version?

- http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/windows/XCurrency_2.49.08.exe

I'm on a Mac.  The problem is the mixer and XChat don't work.  XChat issues have already been documented in this thread quite a bit.  Mixer issues were sent to Dan via PM.  Was there other specific testing I can do which would be helpful and push towards stable releases?

When was this? The stable release has been well-tested before we started the group chat test releases, and XChat (without group chat) worked fine, as well as private transactions.

What were the mixer issues?

Edit: the Mac build is new and therefore was not tested previously. So we need to test it: http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/OSX/XCurrency-qt-08_prod.dmg

This was 2 weeks ago when multiple users in this thread were testing.  There was not much success.  XChat does NOT work fine.  Private transactions do NOT work fine.

The mixer issues are that it does not work.  I tested with XCurrency-qt-multichat_08i and my xc just disappeared into thin air.  After Dan asked me to try XCurrency-qt-08_prod I got...
searching, then processing, then timeout expired

After that I haven't heard from Dan.

08i? But that's not the stable build.

By my recollection, XChat (without group chat) does work very well and was tested more than two weeks ago. Same goes for private transactions.

But hey, let's not go by memory. Let's test the thing.

Send me a message.

Synechist,
Can we try to bring some structure into this test & start with the basics?
Where/who is the XC test manager? Testing is a job for a skilled professional, you are great with communication but maybe it is more smart to structure this endevor by switching first to the XC forum and get someone tech from the team to coordinate everything. Including (but not limited to) basic setup & checks and a simple checklist that can be crossed of after x no of confirmations from independed users opn the specified platform.

Im my day job i handle acceptance test with a lot more care & preparation that what seems to be happening here. And this is cross platform with cutting edge tech

I just installed from the .exe you just posted as the stable version over the current one(eg: did not de-install anything) , the wallet reports "v0.9.2.49.08.XCurrency-REV2" as the version. Is this correct?

Second: in my (windows) explorer i still see something i do not understand.
The XCurrency-qt.exe reports Date Modified: 10/1/2014 12:43PM
Following this thread i would expect a more recent timestamp. Is this correct?

but first ... i have a 4 year old that needs me to read here a bedtime story ... will be back online in an hour or so

If you're on Windows and that's the version, it's correct.

Very good suggestion about software testing. As you've correctly guessed, it's not my specialization.

But the reason I'm doing this now is because I remember this version being tested and people being happy. I just want to test it lightly and somewhat informally now, so check that everything's still all good.

You (the XC team) are not the only ones invested and equipped with skills. Ask, coordinate and maybe the result will surprise you.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 07:12:03 PM

I'm specifically testing XChat now. After that we can move on to private payments, and then to the Xmixer.

What are you hoping to achieve?  Usually testing and Q&A demonstrates specific goals in controlled scenarios which help a developer fix problems.  Just random and unorganized testing from a PR guy does not drive solid software releases...especially not with 2 days left.

Let's change the word "testing" to "checking," to match my proficiency.

This release has worked; I just want to check again that it works.

Now that Dan's here, perhaps he can handle it somewhat more professionally...

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 07:13:12 PM

USRAY - your using 08_prod correct?

Correct.  How would you like me to proceed?
atcsecure

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 07:14:28 PM

PM sent

KimmyF

Activity: 978

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 07:25:31 PM

PM sent
And the thread is quiet again. Someone need me to explain why .......

Bye
almond

Activity: 407
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 07:28:47 PM

ATC -

while you're here, can you give us an update as to what's going on with the pool ?

It would be nice to know that the payouts will happen again on a regular basis soon.

Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one
landcrab

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 07:29:17 PM

Keep testing guys, I'm enjoying the rewards of running a node  Grin
atcsecure

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 07:31:20 PM

ATC -

while you're here, can you give us an update as to what's going on with the pool ?

It would be nice to know that the payouts will happen again on a regular basis soon.

Tonight - there were some issues with the backend that caused the payout script to fail

URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 07:34:55 PM

PM sent

Bye

There's a bit of activity on #XCofficial irc.  Join us if you'd like.  Smiley

https://webchat.freenode.net
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 08:37:47 PM

PM sent

Bye

We are all in IRC #xcofficial

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:41:26 PM

Those in irc just witnessed Dan slay a Mac client bug.  All hail Dan.   Smiley
Yygo

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:54:54 PM

+1 Wink
the_game1224

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:56:13 PM

Thanks for sharing for those that weren't there!  Hearing things like this make me happy, just bought another 1,000. Wink
subversionary

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:58:02 PM

Got some good news and some bad news today.

Good news is I had my first successful mix, so I guess I had it setup correctly after all.

Bad news is, it charged me!

Anyone have any info on this?

Yygo

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:06:22 PM

Good news is I had my first successful mix, so I guess I had it setup correctly after all.

What client/version you have?
Those issues were fixed long time ago.

EDIT: Change Log

v.24h_rc2

* enabled enter key for sending
* adjustment for offline msgs, watch/report bug for duplicate messages

v2.47h

* Added Notification (taskbar & app)
* Adjusted from address-field auto-fill
* XChat now works with unlocked for staking only

v2.49_Rc1/v2.49c_RC1

* Includes fee for dynamic autonodes [still in beta]
* Faster transaction times

v2.49_RC5 [alpha build-internal testing only]

* Protocol update for fee enforcement
* Support multi-input's

v2.49_RC6

* Fix for fee
* Updated UI for XMixer's

v2.49_RC7

* Bug fix for fee payment
* Decreased Transaction Processing time to 30seconds
* Decreased Transaction timeout to 15 seconds

v2.49.01

* Disabled AUTO automixer to automixer tumbling

v2.49.02

* Protocol bug fix

v2.49.03

* Desktop Icon updated - when using installers
* Protocol bug fix

v2.49.06

* Protocol Change, xmixer update required

v2.49.07

* Updated XMIxer code/Transaction input handler changed

v2.49.08

* Group Chat for XChat

v2.49.08b

* Label Update
* XChat protocol updates

v2.49.08c

* XChat fixes

v2.49.08d

* XChat fixes

v2.49.08e

* additional fixe's
* protocol update

v2.49.0f - Internal test release

v2.49.0g

* Updated XChat UI to support user selectable "From" key
* Additional updates for Group Chat

v2.49.08i

* Leave XChat

v2.49.08j

* Adjustments for xchat
braxx

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:07:34 PM

It was an old bug... I thought it was fixed...
send pm to ATCsecure with the TX
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 10:49:26 PM

Just thought I'd throw this out there:

Overheard on IRC: ATCSECURE: "there is a new LTE update coming which XC will be leveraging for ad-hoc [physical] mesh networking via direct p2p."

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
subversionary

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:54:43 PM

It was an old bug... I thought it was fixed...
send pm to ATCsecure with the TX

I'm on v0.9.2.49.08.XCurrency-REV2.

Apparently it was "remixed" without cause.
Pages: « 1 ... 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 [1547] 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: