Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:17:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner  (Read 877805 times)
jch9678_1

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 03:43:08 PM

Is there a way to check if there is any virus in my computer from these miner? I did a avg scan for my whole computer and nothing. Does that mean I am safe?

Thanks Smiley

Take the executable and upload it here https://www.virustotal.com/  If it reports that it is infected and you ran the executable then you most likely have the virus and you'll need to wipe everything, don't waste your time with trying to remove it.  If virus total reports back that there is no virus, you should still be very very cautious because it is serious stuff.  I wouldn't use anything the 'fake me' put up for download.

platinum4, ha, I'm surprised someone hasn't responded with "What if I only have a 21 inch speaker?"
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 11:53:08 PM

Don't download anything from jch9678.  It's my account but MColeman hacked it.  I'm trying to recover my account but it's not looking good.

you mean mprep is not verifying your authenticity to the account? ...

eitherway - logic should prevail when it comes to buying miners from people that dont develop them ( or at least develop the binaries ) ...

the ones that seem to be the most active ( and the trustworthy ones ) are wolf0 - pallas - djm34 ( though he is mainly cuda ) - and a few others ...

ALWAYS ask here in the public forum - even if its a private thing between you and the dev - ALWAYS ask the community ...

#crysx

mprep has nothing to do with it.  Theymos is the only one who can reinstate accounts to the original owner.  As far as getting in touch with Theymos, someone respectable here said I have a better chance of getting in touch with the Queen, so....  He did however give my old account negative feedback and delete the link so at least people can't download his virus anymore. 

Goodbye reputation, I'll see you again in 2 years.

o ok ... my mistake - i though mprep was the guy / girl that did that ...

so if theymos is the guy / girl that is to be contacted with the job / position of 'taking care' of this ( which one would assume the investigation AND proving of such ) - and theymos is almost impossible to get hold of - what on earth is he / she in the position of 'bct power' for? ...

just my take - but i dont see why anyone should hold a position if they dont acknowledge that they have a responsibility to uphold that position - regardless if its volunteered or paid ...

sorry to hear about your rep and all that it incurs ... you will bring it back up again - im sure of it ...

o well - i guess thats freedom and democracy playing its part again ... hang on - bct isnt the communities forum - is it? ... who ACTUALLY has CONTROL of bct? ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 11:55:12 PM

Is there a way to check if there is any virus in my computer from these miner? I did a avg scan for my whole computer and nothing. Does that mean I am safe?

Thanks Smiley

Take a 22" subwoofer and run it alongside every side of your CPU tower, this should eliminate all viruses.

or just run linux ( fedora 22 x64 and scientific linux and centos - in my case ) to minimize the effect of unwanted virii and unsolicited infections ...

and also to improve your overall security and stability by a factor of 10 ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

peteycamey
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 12:20:34 PM

Thanks Smiley

Avira detects it
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 10:50:00 PM

Thanks Smiley

Avira detects it

avgfree does a damn good job of scanning and protecting ... all of the windows machines that we service have it - ALL of them ( there are thousands ... yes - thousands of home machines that we have installed it on ) ... corporates require licenses - but hey - they can afford to Smiley ...

avg themselves have revamped the code also - and the heuristics scanning - but that also means ( with most scanners ) that you will get a lot of false-positives ...

always check with the community - there will always be at least someone that has tried an install and can give a result ...

false-positives are just part of the viral scene now ... there is a limit to being 'too' careful - and that it ...

#crysx

Bananana

Activity: 481
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 05:45:49 AM

Thanks everyone for the reply, I have used avira and avg scan and seems fine.. Now just waiting for BTC to hit 1,000$ Smiley

favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 07:52:18 AM

How long does it take to see your address on the "miners list" on the nicehash page? Been mining for an hour with an R9 290 and my BTC address is still saying "no data".

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
tanoury

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:12:31 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2015, 08:24:23 AM by tanoury

How long does it take to see your address on the "miners list" on the nicehash page? Been mining for an hour with an R9 290 and my BTC address is still saying "no data".

Something is wrong because it only takes a minute or two. Make sure that you selected the correct Service location (USA or Europe) and algorithm based on the stratum that your miner is using.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 09:25:35 AM

Something is wrong because it only takes a minute or two. Make sure that you selected the correct Service location (USA or Europe) and algorithm based on the stratum that your miner is using.

also - if you have incorrectly setup the miner - it will more than likely be hashing and losing the hashes ... so no data will show up ...

but its more than likely what tanoury mentioned ... there is a pull down menu that changes from nicehash ( eu stratum ) to westhash ( ch jp usa stratum ) ...

check where you have pointed the miner and change it to the algo and the stratum that you are using ... both from the pulldown menus in the graph page of the btc address ...

#crysx

kenshirothefist (OP)

Activity: 457
Merit: 273

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 12:39:00 PM

Anybody know when the "--benchmark" option was removed from sgminer?

A looong time ago there was an option:

--benchmark
Run sgminer in benchmark mode - produces no shares

but not sure it it was actually working ... it's still there in cgminer, though. It would be very useful to have an offline benchmark option, the same as ccminer has. If anybody has some info on this please share.
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 12:57:44 AM

Don't download anything from jch9678.  It's my account but MColeman hacked it.  I'm trying to recover my account but it's not looking good.

you mean mprep is not verifying your authenticity to the account? ...

eitherway - logic should prevail when it comes to buying miners from people that dont develop them ( or at least develop the binaries ) ...

the ones that seem to be the most active ( and the trustworthy ones ) are wolf0 - pallas - djm34 ( though he is mainly cuda ) - and a few others ...

ALWAYS ask here in the public forum - even if its a private thing between you and the dev - ALWAYS ask the community ...

#crysx

mprep has nothing to do with it.  Theymos is the only one who can reinstate accounts to the original owner.  As far as getting in touch with Theymos, someone respectable here said I have a better chance of getting in touch with the Queen, so....  He did however give my old account negative feedback and delete the link so at least people can't download his virus anymore. 

Goodbye reputation, I'll see you again in 2 years.

o ok ... my mistake - i though mprep was the guy / girl that did that ...

so if theymos is the guy / girl that is to be contacted with the job / position of 'taking care' of this ( which one would assume the investigation AND proving of such ) - and theymos is almost impossible to get hold of - what on earth is he / she in the position of 'bct power' for? ...

just my take - but i dont see why anyone should hold a position if they dont acknowledge that they have a responsibility to uphold that position - regardless if its volunteered or paid ...

sorry to hear about your rep and all that it incurs ... you will bring it back up again - im sure of it ...

o well - i guess thats freedom and democracy playing its part again ... hang on - bct isnt the communities forum - is it? ... who ACTUALLY has CONTROL of bct? ...

#crysx
Isnt that the truth how can just one person have the position and power to unlock locked accts I have lost my acct twice once because it was hacked and the other i tried to reset my password and somehow it locked me out both times I sent emails to President Unlock and was ignored both times when I posted how else to get my account unlocked I was told theres one guy and that guy is very busy well how can only one person hold that responsibility especially someone who dont seem like they care
kenshirothefist (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 11:49:44 PM

Hi,

Is there anyone mining NeoScrypt algorithm on AMD GPUs? I'm only getting HW errors, no accepted shares. I tried several sgminer versions on 14.x and 15.x AMD drivers on both Windows and Linux, only HW errors in any combination. Any hints are welcome if anybody can get NeoScrypt algorithm working without HW errors and with accepted shares.

Code:
sgminer --algorithm neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://neoscrypt.eu.nicehash.com:3341 -u btcaddress -p x --xintensity 3 --worksize 64 --gpu-threads 2

Thanks!
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2015, 05:37:05 AM

Hi,

Is there anyone mining NeoScrypt algorithm on AMD GPUs? I'm only getting HW errors, no accepted shares. I tried several sgminer versions on 14.x and 15.x AMD drivers on both Windows and Linux, only HW errors in any combination. Any hints are welcome if anybody can get NeoScrypt algorithm working without HW errors and with accepted shares.

Code:
sgminer --algorithm neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://neoscrypt.eu.nicehash.com:3341 -u btcaddress -p x --xintensity 3 --worksize 64 --gpu-threads 2

Thanks!

i think there was a --throughput parameter that was needed to get it running well with sgminer ...

djm34 and wolf0 are probably the best people to ask there - but im sure there are many others that have had this same issue and fixed it ...

i do know that there is a fork that is specifically for neoscrypt ... maybe djm34's git? ... not sure ...

sheesh - a lot of help i am today Tongue ...

#crysx

kenshirothefist (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 12:45:10 PM

i think there was a --throughput parameter that was needed to get it running well with sgminer ...

I've never heard about --throughput parameter, where did you get this? I've seen some feathercoin pool suggesting --net-delay but I'm not sure if this makes any sense ... anyway, any hints are welcome. Thanks!
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2015, 01:14:47 PM

I've never heard about --throughput parameter, where did you get this? I've seen some feathercoin pool suggesting --net-delay but I'm not sure if this makes any sense ... anyway, any hints are welcome. Thanks!

this was a while back when i was changing parameters for neoscrypt ...

in fact - i think it was for the nvidia cards - ccminer ... though i cannot be certain ...

apologies - but i cant help any further than this ...

im sure it as djm34 that initially instructed me to use that parameter - BUT - that was a while ago ...

#crysx

MaxDZ8

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 05:17:32 PM

Hi,

Is there anyone mining NeoScrypt algorithm on AMD GPUs? I'm only getting HW errors, no accepted shares. I tried several sgminer versions on 14.x and 15.x AMD drivers...
Have you tried the original super-slow version by Vehre? That's the only one that ever worked for me.
platinum4

Activity: 547
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 06:24:41 PM

install 14.9 drivers and build from the daily builds you had from 13 november 2014 (sgminer-5.1-dev-2014-11-13-win32)

build your bins then u can use them on 15.x with no amdocl.dll drop tricks
theotherme

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 11:44:46 AM

in fact - i think it was for the nvidia cards - ccminer ... though i cannot be certain ...

im sure it as djm34 that initially instructed me to use that parameter - BUT - that was a while ago ...

#crysx

Are you talking about ccminer or sgminer ? (I only did the neoscrypt implementation for ccminer)
the parameters you are talking about are only for ccminer not sgminer.

Not sure what kind of problem there is in sgminer...

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 01:24:33 PM

#crysx

Are you talking about ccminer or sgminer ? (I only did the neoscrypt implementation for ccminer)

yup - i think i may be confusing the two djm34 ...

i remember the suggestions you made - but not for which miner ... so if it was only for ccminer - then thats what it was ...

tanx for clarifying ...

#crysx

theotherme

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 02:47:43 PM

#crysx

yup - i think i may be confusing the two djm34 ...
Grin there is definetely only one djm34 but 2 miners which uses different set of parameters

I think the only problem I heard of, in sgminer was related to solomining which may not work...
I can have a look, as suggested, but I am not sure to have the time at the moment.
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: