Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:08:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner  (Read 877804 times)
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 08:40:17 AM

I've just seen the post, I did a guide for Neoscrypt on sgminer. I added the "wild" kernels to a github. Although, I know FTC members paid Wolf to keep his (main) work for Neoscrypt, in the open source domain. I have been looking closely at the sgminer code, at least to gradually tidyout some of the cruft (algos that never took off), as I found the latest version started to get flaky.

[Guide] How to Mine crypto-currency with Linux on AMD Graphics cards GPU, install sgminer 5.1.2

This guide is for GPU mining with Sgminer 5.1.2 on GNU/Linux (Ubuntu 14.04.0x LTS). It is set up to mine Feathercoin, which uses the neoscrypt algorythm to encrypt each transaction, but will work with multiple algorithms from other alternate currencies, with an appropriate Sgminer config file set-up.

Sgminer 5.1.2 is the same as version 5.1.1, except it has has some additional neoscrypt kernels which kave been let out in the wild and the option to return to version one, which is better with some cards.

See “forked from” on Github, if you want to use the guide on the sgminer-dev source instead.

In general the performance and complexity of GPU mineing comes down to the AMD drivers and lack of support for all previous cards versions in each release. here are also problems where certain versions of the AMD drivers will not work with versions of linux or sgminer.

In order make a stable install which will work with the neoscrypt algorithm, specific versions are used, 14.04 LTS Ubuntu operating system, 14.9 AMD fglrx, 2.9 AMD application SDK and version 6 of AMD’s ADL SDK.

This guide has been tested on R9 2** cards and is optimised for Neoscrypt on R9 280 in the guides default configuration.

#1. install Ubuntu 14.04.0x
Open a terminal and do an update to Ubuntu
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade -y

Install build essentials and dependencies
Code:
sudo apt-get install -y git curl unzip automake autogen yasm autoconf dh-autoreconf build-essential pkg-config openssh-server screen libtool libcurl4-openssl-dev libtool libncurses5-dev libudev-dev gdebi gedit execstack dh-modaliases lib32gcc1 dkms

sudo apt-get install -y xserver-xorg-core xserver-xorg-video-ati

#2. Manually Install correct AMD Catalyst drivers (14.9)
Code:
sudo apt-get install linux-headers-generic
sudo apt-get purge ‘fglrx*’
sudo rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf
sudo apt-get install --reinstall -y xserver-xorg-core
sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

Download 14.9 driver from AMD :
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous/detail?os=Linux x86&rev=14.9
Code:
cd ~/
mkdir fglrx4.9

Extract the AMD driver installer
Extract the files and folders from download of the AMD Catalyst™ 14.9 Proprietary Linux x86 Display Driver zip and copy / extract them into the fglrx4.9 directory

run the install commands, after it finishes press exit, then install on the pop up.
Code:
cd fglrx4.9
sudo sh *.run

Initialise the graphics card, install xorg and dependencies.
Code:
sudo aticonfig --adapter=all --initial
sudo aptitude install -yr boinc-amd-opencl opencl-headers mesa-utils libglu1-mesa libgl1-mesa-glx libgl1-mesa-dri

#3. Reboot

#4. install AMD App SDK
Code:
cd ~/
mkdir amd-app-sdk

Download APP-SDK from AMD :
http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/opencl-zone/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/
make sure it is version 2.9 AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9-lnx64.tgz extract it into /amd-app-sdk
Code:
cd amd-app-sdk
chmod a+x *.sh
sudo ./Install-AMD-App.sh
sudo aticonfig --adapter=all --initial

#5. Reboot

#6. Install sgminer 5.1.2
Code
cd ~/
git clone https://github.com/wrapperband/sgminer.git

#Download AMD/ADL_SDK_6.0.zip, extract the 'h files from include to ~/sgminer/adl_sdk
http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/graphics-development/display-library-adl-sdk/
Make sure it is the version ADL_SDK_6.0
Code:
cd ~/sgminer
git submodule init
git submodule update
autoreconf -i -f
CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native -std=gnu99" ./configure
make
(sudo make install : optional install)

Check that the build worked
Code:
./sgminer -n
export DISPLAY=:0
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
./sgminer

#7. Create a sgminer start script
#Create the script file to start sgminer correctly
Code:
nano sgminer.sh

Copy in the script code and customise as required :
#!/bin/bash -
#title :sgminer.sh
#description :Start sgminer
export DISPLAY=:0
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
./sgminer

#Make the bash script runnable
Code:
chmod a+x *.sh

#8. Run the sgminer script
Code:
cd ~/sgminer
./sgminer.sh

The different coin algorithms are stored in the sgminer/kernels directory. The kernels are created in C for AMD cl graphics processing programming interface. Esencially the GPU speeds up over CPU by parallel processing.

There are four neoscypts available in the 5.1.2, neoscrypt.cl, neoscrypt.v1 and neoscrypt.v2 are marked as such and version 3 which is “optimised” for R9 280 (default neoscrypt kernel) and marked as neoscrypt.280.

There is also a 79XX kernel version, with some of the 290 code replaced to handle older cards, which is included as a separate file neoscrypt.7690.
It is worth experimenting to see which kernel works best with your setup, copy one of the neoscrypt files then run a recompile…

Recompile sgminer after changing the kernel
Code:
cd ~/sgminer
rm *.bin
autoreconf -i -f && CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native -std=gnu99" ./configure && make && ./sgminer.sh

The configuration file sgminer.conf is stored in the .sgminer hidden directory. Use Ctr-H in Gnome / Nautilus or Alt . in KDE / Dolphin, to show the hidden directories in the home directories.

I have experimented and read about xIntensity, it made no difference to adjust that from 3 for neoscrypt. It gave exactly the same results with raw intensity of 5690.

An example sgminer.conf pointing towards p2pools, just replace the address with your own.
Code :
nano ~/sgminer/sgminer.conf

{
“pools”: [
{
“name”: “Neoscrypt Pool2P”,
“url”: “stratum+tcp://p2pool.neoscrypt.de:19327”,
“user”: “ftc address”,
“pass”: “password”,
“no-extranonce”: true
“priority”: “1”
},
{
“name”: “kosmoplovci Pool2P”,
“url”: “stratum+tcp://p2pool.kosmoplovci.org:19327”,
“user”: “ftc address”,
“pass”: “password”,
“no-extranonce”: true,
“priority”: “2”
}
],
“profiles”: [],
“failover-only”: true,
“algorithm”: “neoscrypt”,
“device”: “all”,
“xintensity”: “3”,
“thread-concurrency”: “8192”,
“worksize”: “32”,
“gpu-threads”: “2”,
“temp-cutoff”: “95”,
“temp-overheat”: “85”,
“temp-target”: “75”,
“gpu-memdiff”: “0”,
“shares”: “0”,
“kernel-path”: “/usr/local/bin”,
“api-mcast-port”: “4028”,
“api-port”: “4028”,
“expiry”: “12”,
“failover-switch-delay”: “60”,
“gpu-dyninterval”: “7”,
“gpu-platform”: “-1”,
“hamsi-expand-big”: “4”,
“keccak-unroll”: “0”,
“log”: “5”,
“no-pool-disable”: true,
“no-client-reconnect”: true,
“queue”: “0”,
“scan-time”: “5”,
“tcp-keepalive”: “30”,
“temp-hysteresis”: “3”,
“watchpool-refresh”: “30”
}

http://forum.feathercoin.com/topic/7446/guide-how-to-mine-ftc-neoscrypt-sgminer-ubuntu-14-04-amd

i have to admit - that is one hell of an instruction list ...

i dont use ubuntu ( debian based ) as im a redhat based guy ( fedora - centos - etc ) ... but this is some good guidelines to an ubuntu install ...

may try it soon ...

catalyst drivers are one pain in the backside to install under fedora 22 x64 - or fedora 23 x64 for that matter ... amd still cant seem to get the installations right ...

will need to try this on one of the amd miners ...

tanx ...

#crysx

nicehash
Legendary

Activity: 885
Merit: 1006

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 08:45:34 AM

nicehash
Is this the new 5.1.2 miner?
What is the speed at 280x algorithm neoscrypt ??

NiceHash Miner includes the optimized NeoScrypt kernel by Wolf0 (https://github.com/nicehash/sgminer/commit/42737acf66e09420ac739d345da6ea2c1ede0a12). However, we're not sure which kernels is wrapperband0lite talking about. There is one thing that you have to keep in mind with NeoScrypt on windows: you must use the bundled amdocl.dll file (it is from a particular AMD Driver version that works best for NeoScrypt) when compiling kernel for NeoScrypt. NiceHash Miner takes care of this out-of-the-box, so you're welcome to try it out (sgminer with amdocl.dll file is bundled with latest NiceHash Miner).

Best regards,
NiceHash

PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 08:28:18 AM

For a 290X what do you recommend for the settings in the config file for various kernels?
Been playing with the NiceHashMiner; many of the Benchmarks Terminate/crash it seems with the stock settings.
Have played around with them a bit, but only got X13 to work though a bit slow than what it should.
Qubit and Quark seem to do the best with the default settings.
Makes a nice little foot heater for winter.

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 08:54:27 AM

Pretty!
How are your speed with those? Are you using the .cl or the .bin-s?
nicehash
Legendary

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 10:20:30 AM

For a 290X what do you recommend for the settings in the config file?
Many of the Benchmarks Terminate/crash it seems with the stock settings.
Have played around with them a bit, but only got X13 to work though a bit slow than what it should.

290X is sometimes problematic with the optimized version of the sgminer. You can follow these steps for debugging purposes:

1. ONLY IF USING AMD Pitcairn, Hawaii or Tahiti GPUs:
- open Command Line window (cmd.exe)
- change directory into NiceHashMiner\bin\sgminer-5-1-1-optimized\
- run this command: "runme.bat"
- wait 5 minutes and try switching among the three available algorithms, check if all three works

2. FOR ANY AMD GPUs:
- open Command Line window (cmd.exe)
- change directory into NiceHashMiner\bin\sgminer-5-2-1-general\
- edit "runme.bat" and make sure that the line "sgminer.exe --config sgminer-fixed.conf" is uncommented (no "::" in front of the line)
- run this command: "runme.bat"
- wait 5 minutes and try switching among the available algorithms, check if majority works

You can also send us print-screens to support@nicehash.com so that we can help you debug issues.

Also, if you have multiple GPUs, try running NiceHash Miner with only one GPU selected for test.

And of course, make sure you're using AMD Driver Catalyst Omega 15.7.1.

Best regards,
NiceHash team.

pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 01:15:34 AM

driver version 15.7.1 for AMD is recommended ?
also which SDK ?

for r9270 pitcairn, thanks Smiley

it's been a while and i'm currently running 13.11 and having no luck mining. is the current version of sgminer 5.2.1 compatible with this version driver ?

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
nicehash
Legendary

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 01:38:07 AM

also which SDK ?

it's been a while and i'm currently running 13.11 and having no luck mining. is the current version of sgminer 5.2.1 compatible with this version driver ?

Yes, driver version 15.7.1 for AMD is recommended. You don't need to install SDK separately. sgminer 5.2.1 works best with driver version 15.7.1.

pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 02:21:04 AM

also which SDK ?

Yes, driver version 15.7.1 for AMD is recommended. You don't need to install SDK separately. sgminer 5.2.1 works best with driver version 15.7.1.

well updating driver didnt help :p

sgminer.exe --algorithim scrypt -o http://127.0.0.1:12345 -u U -p P

i'm trying to solo mine a scrypt coin, it's connecting to the wallet ok (new block is regularly updating), but am only getting hardware errors.
so far i havent tried to tune it at all, so it's using default engine clock of 1050 and memory of 1500 intensity of 8
but am only getting HW errors.

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
nicehash
Legendary

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 02:35:22 AM

i'm trying to solo mine a scrypt coin, it's connecting to the wallet ok (new block is regularly updating), but am only getting hardware errors.
so far i havent tried to tune it at all, so it's using default engine clock of 1050 and memory of 1500 intensity of 8

Don't mine Scrypt coins with GPUs Wink ... simply rent some hashing power @ https://www.nicehash.com and mine coins with rented hashing power Wink

User your GPU with NiceHash Miner or mine some other non-scrypt coin.

pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 03:36:47 AM

to mine in linux. is there a basic how to available ?

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 04:06:44 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2015, 04:19:58 AM by pineapples

also which SDK ?

is there another setting for scrypt?
i wondered if it was the wallet, but cgminer works fine. but sgminer just gives me non-stop HW error

i'm new to sgminer and am confused . lol

--edit
i found an old copy of 4.1 on my HDD and it is working fine.
so must be something to do with scrypt algo settings ?? when it starts up it mention nfactor and something else.
and uses algo ckolivas (which i assume is scrypt)

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
KloNEM

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 10:36:47 AM

Additional question -- is it possible to mine with sgminer on OSS drivers (radeon.ko), not the proprietary (fglrx) one ?

I tried to compile sgminer on Fedora 22, but there were some errors with x11 & co. algos. Maybe it's related to Mesa ? In Fedora 22 is Mesa 10.3.X, I didn't tried yet with Fedora 23 (where is Mesa 11.0.6).

On F22, Mesa 10.X and OSS AMD drivers, I'm able to run bfgminer - but just for sha256 coins/mining, bfgminer probably doesn't support X11 algo ...

Thanks!
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 11:54:37 AM

Additional question -- is it possible to mine with sgminer on OSS drivers (radeon.ko), not the proprietary (fglrx) one ?

I tried to compile sgminer on Fedora 22, but there were some errors with x11 & co. algos. Maybe it's related to Mesa ? In Fedora 22 is Mesa 10.3.X, I didn't tried yet with Fedora 23 (where is Mesa 11.0.6).

On F22, Mesa 10.X and OSS AMD drivers, I'm able to run bfgminer - but just for sha256 coins/mining, bfgminer probably doesn't support X11 algo ...

Thanks!

fedora 22 ( lets use x64 for example here ) is very specific on running fglrx drivers ...

this is due to the specific version of gnome ( more to the point - gdm ) that it runs ...

you need the catalyst drivers to have any useful mining whatsoever - oss nouveau just doesnt cut it ... and in order to do this - you need to install catalyst 15.7 - patch it - make sure you install it on kernel 4.0.4 / 4.0.6 on f22x64 - and need to run it on kde ...

how do i know? ... i have it - been through it - and still running it ...

f23x64 just simply does not work without you needing a science degree to get it running with the new drivers ... and the new catalyst drivers ( crimson ) are simply useless ... they pretty much kill your video card by overheating them and destroying the gpu ...

there are many editorials that workaround the issue - but if you run into any problems ... ill help if i can ...

#crysx

nicehash
Legendary

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Hello,

A new version of NiceHash Miner has just been released. The new version 1.2.1.0 brings highly optimized AMD GPU mining for popular X11 (+100%), Quark (+50%) and Lyra2REv2 (+200%) algorithms on AMD Pitcairn, Tahiti and Hawaii GPUs along with some additional new features and bug fixes. The significant boost in X11, Quark and Lyra2REv2 algorithms are shown here when mining on four GPUs: R9 280X (Tahiti), 7950 (Tahiti), R9 290x (Hawaii) and 7870 (Pitcairn): https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=news&id=53

This is mandatory upgrade for users with AMD GPUs. After upgrading to this release re-run the Precise benchmark if you are using AMD GPUs. And remember - NiceHash Miner is a truly easy-to-use Windows software that will quickly turn your PC, workstation or server into money-making machine. Detailed description, application options and even full source code is available on the GitHub page.

Go ahead and get it here: download here!

Best regards,
NiceHash team

Masked_Immortal

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 06:47:37 AM

WoW!!!

SCAVO  Technologies
SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO MINING FARM  BY USING RENEWABLE ENERGY RESOURCES - LIFETIME CONTRACT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Ann Thread     ───────  Join our ICO:  July. 15- Oct. 31
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 09:22:15 AM

Thanks a lot nice-hash this is excellent Smiley
ldw-com

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 03:09:13 PM

Hello,

A new version of NiceHash Miner has just been released. The new version 1.2.1.0 brings highly optimized AMD GPU mining for popular X11 (+100%), Quark (+50%) and Lyra2REv2 (+200%) algorithms on AMD Pitcairn, Tahiti and Hawaii GPUs along with some additional new features and bug fixes. The significant boost in X11, Quark and Lyra2REv2 algorithms are shown here when mining on four GPUs: R9 280X (Tahiti), 7950 (Tahiti), R9 290x (Hawaii) and 7870 (Pitcairn): https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=news&id=53

This is mandatory upgrade for users with AMD GPUs. After upgrading to this release re-run the Precise benchmark if you are using AMD GPUs. And remember - NiceHash Miner is a truly easy-to-use Windows software that will quickly turn your PC, workstation or server into money-making machine. Detailed description, application options and even full source code is available on the GitHub page.

Go ahead and get it here: download here!

Best regards,
NiceHash team

Doesn't work.

Nicehash app does not detect my gpu's, only detects CPU.

Also running sgminer without nicehash app does not work. "Sgminer has stopped working". While other version works fine.
nicehash
Legendary

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 03:48:51 PM

Also running sgminer without nicehash app does not work. "Sgminer has stopped working". While other version works fine.

A few questions:

- which GPU do you have (only one, maybe more)?
- which OS (32bit, 64bit)?
- which version of installed AMD GPU drivers do you have?

ldw-com

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:00:43 PM

A few questions:

- which GPU do you have (only one, maybe more)?
- which OS (32bit, 64bit)?
- which version of installed AMD GPU drivers do you have?

Hello, thx for the quick reply.

I have a testing computer with only 1 GPU, same issue, just tested it.
The other one has 4 gpu's and has the same issue.

Both have Windows 10 Pro, 64Bit

The one with 4 gpu's has Catalyst 15.7 and the other one has Crimson 15.11

Hope this helps.
nicehash
Legendary

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 04:18:23 PM

I have a testing computer with only 1 GPU, same issue, just tested it.
The other one has 4 gpu's and has the same issue.

Both have Windows 10 Pro, 64Bit

The one with 4 gpu's has Catalyst 15.7 and the other one has Crimson 15.11

These issues must be related to bundled amdocl dll's. We bundled amdocl dll's in this release to make it more driver-proof, but it seems that there are some conflicts.

Please try to delete files

Code:
amd_opencl32.dll
amdocl.dll

from the folders

Code:
..\bin\sgminer-5-1-0-optimized
..\bin\sgminer-5-1-1-optimized
..\bin\sgminer-5-2-1-general

under your NiceHash Miner basic folder. And then try running the application again and please report back.

Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: