Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:08:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 [879] 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 ... 953 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CLOAK] Cloakcoin | No Premine | X13 | Decentralized Market and PoSA  (Read 1266168 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
LiberyOrDeath

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 02:53:39 PM

UPDATE - just got the news that one of the main devs dasource and x11joe who is working on OneMarket were in IRC chatroom yesterday around 9 pm CET. They spent around 40 minutes in the chatroom.

Below is a link to the screenshot of the chat:

http://pastebin.com/uyKi1GL2

Here is one of the lines dasource posted on IRC.

21:05] <@dasource> guys you need to have patience .... cloak is not a short term project ... its long term ... yes there are delays but we are still here working
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
acseric

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 02:55:08 PM

Hi All,

I have been in cloak for a while (currently out of cloak).  I keep seeing all sorts of conjecture about whether the devs are working or not, what alty means, what he his thinking, why he is doing what he is doing, plans for a better method to keep everyone updated, etc.

Here is the thing.  If he just posted daily here, it would take what, 5 minutes of his time.  The fact that he doesn't should concern everyone greatly.  

This isn't fud, and for all of you fud shamers, every question that isnt rah rah buy cloak isnt fud.  There are literally hundreds of alt coins, and valid questions should be embraced, not shouted down.  Not everyone who posts doubts is "trying to get your coins cheap".  They are sometimes trying to warn you with no ulterior motive.  

If you have money invested, you should question everything (and expect the others also invested to do the same)  

erok

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:00:51 PM

Hi All,

I have been in cloak for a while (currently out of cloak).  I keep seeing all sorts of conjecture about whether the devs are working or not, what alty means, what he his thinking, why he is doing what he is doing, plans for a better method to keep everyone updated, etc.

Here is the thing.  If he just posted daily here, it would take what, 5 minutes of his time.  The fact that he doesn't should concern everyone greatly.  

This isn't fud, and for all of you fud shamers, every question that isnt rah rah buy cloak isnt fud.  There are literally hundreds of alt coins, and valid questions should be embraced, not shouted down.  Not everyone who posts doubts is "trying to get your coins cheap".  They are sometimes trying to warn you with no ulterior motive.  

If you have money invested, you should question everything (and expect the others also invested to do the same)  

I said it in IRC. All they really need to do is give some time to the community after a shitty tweet or any negative PR. All they need to do is be there after the bumps.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
btcgoldsilver

Activity: 63

Bitcoins Gold Silver

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:20:30 PM

Hi All,

I disagree that devs should be worrying about PR and posting daily that would be a very bad idea. Ideas for a PR man to mediate announcements is a great idea.  If devs posted daily you will panic sell and let greed overcome your rational mind which is already happening too much. Good PR is way forward

Cheers 

16ZodW6mxFkmxrCy5MSii7PLJ6VdfNknue
LiberyOrDeath

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:38:43 PM

Hi All,

I disagree that devs should be worrying about PR and posting daily that would be a very bad idea. Ideas for a PR man to mediate announcements is a great idea.  If devs posted daily you will panic sell and let greed overcome your rational mind which is already happening too much. Good PR is way forward

Cheers 

Absolutely spot on. You only see devs posting daily with shit and scamcoins. The lack of communication here just goes to reinforce the fact that CLOAK devs are the real deal - but we definitely need a PR Manager to mediate between community and devs. This is the best solution.
BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:41:54 PM

Hi All,

Cheers 

Absolutely spot on. You only see devs posting daily with shit and scamcoins. The lack of communication here just goes to reinforce the fact that CLOAK devs are the real deal - but we definitely need a PR Manager to mediate between community and devs. This is the best solution.

Is this something average joe should worry about? I mean, untill now I have been quite happy with CLOACK. I strongly belive in this coin.
btcspender

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:43:42 PM

Hi All,

Cheers 

So that's two thing a few of us seem to agree on Redmine (project management software) and PR Manager, I guess it's up to the Devs to take the feedback onboard
boestin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:51:52 PM

Totally agree on this. 

But the main question is:  Will the devs "allow" project management including a project manager?

Again, it's up to Alty or Dasource I think.

Anyone?
LiberyOrDeath

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:52:22 PM

So that's two thing a few of us seem to agree on Redmine (project management software) and PR Manager, I guess it's up to the Devs to take the feedback onboard

That seems to be the case...There is a consensus among trusted members about these two matters - Redmine and PR Manager.

Now I know that devs are reading this thread - the ball is in their court now. Let's see if they are willing to include the representative of the community as a PR Manager.

If you check out the screenshot of yesterday's dasource's comments on IRC. He seems to agree that there should be a person in charge of announcements and PR - but he has the doubts that this person might abuse the position - and use it for his own advantage. This is a possibility - that's why we should choose the PR Manager carefully. We should nominate a few trustworthy members of the community and then vote.
LiberyOrDeath

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:55:40 PM

Totally agree on this. 

But the main question is:  Will the devs "allow" project management including a project manager?

Anyone?

Boestin,

Dasource seems to be open to it - according to yesterday's IRC screenshot. He has doubts that this person might engage in acts that would profit himself. That's why we would need to set up somekind of security system. To have a trusted member of the community - elected by vote, and then if he is the real deal - we might ask him to put a certain amount of his CLOAK or BTC into a third party account that would be given back to him after his tenure. This way we would be sure that he would not dare to do anything against the community and profit himself.
btcgoldsilver

Activity: 63

Bitcoins Gold Silver

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:00:08 PM

Totally agree on this. 

Anyone?

Boestin,

Dasource seems to be open to it - according to yesterday's IRC screenshot. He has doubts that this person might engage in acts that would profit himself. That's why we would need to set up somekind of security system. To have a trusted member of the community - elected by vote, and then if he is the real deal - we might ask him to put a certain amount of his CLOAK or BTC into a third party account that would be given back to him after his tenure. This way we would be sure that he would not dare to do anything against the community and profit himself.

Interesting ideas here I'm liking it

16ZodW6mxFkmxrCy5MSii7PLJ6VdfNknue
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:26:06 PM

The problem is: there is not always a way out. Way too many people don't follow the golden rule (don't invest more than you're willing to lose), they took the train 2 months ago ("choo choo!") and now, they're stuck on the wrong side of the train - literally, under the train. Now, those said people are doomed to wait for a rebound, and selling (the way out) would mean a (maybe big) loss, eventually.

For coordinating project development, I think I'll have a look at the IRC chat, maybe I can spot alty and propose him to setup a Redmine (project management software) installation on my server, so they can get things sorted a bit and the community can follow the progress.
This would be my way to contribute to the crypto community.

It is more likely that you will come upon DaSource or some other devs, but Alty comes to IRC a few times a week.

I think your idea of setting up the Redmine is the best thing we've heard in weeks. So Alty or any other devs that are reading this thread. Please contact allyouracid, he's a legit and trustworthy member of the community. We need to change the way devs and Alty have been handling interaction with the community and stakeholders - this is the number one priority for all of us. I plead to any members of the development team or anyone that is close to them to reach out to us (because it is much harder for us to reach you) and especially to the people like  allyouracid who have concrete solution to problems. So please consider this and let us move forward together.
Hi,

I contacted dasource on IRC, making my proposal:
Code:
15:29 -!- Irssi: Starting query in freenode with dasource|afk
15:31 <allyourbase> Hello! I was told I can talk to you to make a proposal about helping to improve the current "PR" situation. :) First of all, I'm not that present in IRC, but very present in the
                    cloak thread. And the current situation makes me kind of sad, for the most part because it was avoidable.
15:32 <allyourbase> I'm not sure if you noticed, but someone on the cloak thread mentioned that the DarkCoin developers use JIRA as a project management software. I'm a developer myself and we use
                    it at work, and it really helps to keep track of current projects, progress etc.
15:34 <allyourbase> So, while JIRA is not free for use, I'd like to make a proposal: if appreciated, I could setup a redmine installation on my machine for the development team. This would be my way
                    of contributing to the community, and I think it would help a lot to 1) keep track of progress and whats being done, already, 2) have the opportunity to create tickets for bugs
                    and 3) let the community see what is currently being done
15:36 <allyourbase> Redmine is open source, and I use it for my spare time projects (I'm currently working on a trading suite with technical analysis, market analysis, live trading on different
                    markets with different trading strategies and, later, some premium features), and it works really great.
15:38 <allyourbase> Maybe you can drop me a message when you read this (and maybe thought about it). I'd be happy to help, because the situation, as it is, is inacceptable. Not only for the
                    community, but also for the development team (what a "nice" surprise that must have been to realize someone being in vacation right before the ETA)...
18:01 -!- dasource|afk [~dasource@unaffiliated/dasource] has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]
I think he wasn't online when I was there (timezone?), but I dropped the message and I guess he'll read it when he's back online.
To underline it a bit further (as I heard that alty is somewhat skeptical towards new ideas, because of "losing control" or things like code becoming leaked):
  • the project management software is all about tasks, time booking (can be used optionally), coordination and priorization of tasks
  • there is no code of the client involved... it won't get public as it does not even touch the pm software (although I appreciate open source software Wink )
  • this means: current features can be created, assigned to developers, split up into subtasks which also can be assigned to developers
  • rough timeframes can (not must) be set for each task, which has benefits like you're going to see in the calendar/Gantt chart when certain tasks do overlap heavily, or if developer resources are out of capacity for new tasks due to working on other things
  • there are optional plugins for redmine, such as an internal forum (helps to discuss tasks), a documents section, wiki pages, said calendar and Gantt chart, where every section can be configured to be publicly visible or not
It's just fine to keep a project organized. Documents can be stored, bugs can be tracked and a lot more. As I said, I'm using Redmine myself for my private project like my trading suite, and since I coordinate my projects this way, I feel that my time is spent in a way more useful manner. Also, I don't forget about new ideas, concepts etc. as there is always a place to store things.

So, that's just a well-meant offer from me. I personally don't know any reason not to use it, but the decision is up to the developers.
For now, I'll have a look into the IRC from time to time and check whether dasource is online. Smiley

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
LiberyOrDeath

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:45:10 PM

So, that's just a well-meant offer from me. I personally don't know any reason not to use it, but the decision is up to the developers.
For now, I'll have a look into the IRC from time to time and check whether dasource is online. Smiley

Sir,

It is a privilege to have you as a part of the community. I believe that I am not the only one who thinks like this. The ball is in the devs court and they should respond with:

1. A modified proposition,

2. Accept what we have put on the table and help us deliver it

3. Or decline it outright

They are reading this thread, and devs, please respond to this matter either by sending pms to this fine gentleman or posting a reply in this thread. Even if it is just a simple "NO, we don't like the idea". You owe us at least that much.
lab rat hoax

Activity: 1030
Merit: 502

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:56:14 PM

That seems to be the case...There is a consensus among trusted members about these two matters - Redmine and PR Manager.

Now I know that devs are reading this thread - the ball is in their court now. Let's see if they are willing to include the representative of the community as a PR Manager.

If you check out the screenshot of yesterday's dasource's comments on IRC. He seems to agree that there should be a person in charge of announcements and PR - but he has the doubts that this person might abuse the position - and use it for his own advantage. This is a possibility - that's why we should choose the PR Manager carefully. We should nominate a few trustworthy members of the community and then vote.

we HAD a very good PR guy, coolstoryteller, he set up cloaktalk.org, but he's out of cloak ever since the audit.  
kinda like cloako,( the guy formerly with over 30k cloak ) he got disillusioned by the way the devs handled the whole thing and sold it all.
i just remember that line from the movie "jerry mcguire"  that goes like this : HELP ME HELP YOU !
I really hope the devs will embrace allyouracid's idea, and yes, all this turmoil COULD have been avoided.
it sucks to witness people like coolstoryteller and cloako go from one extreme to the other, when, if we'd just calm down the rewards could be life changing.......and it would really help investors calm down if we had an intermediary who knows his stuff.   cloak COULD eventually be in the the top 5, or better  Wink  but not never with this kind of PR          let's do this coin justice and fix this    

pookielax31

Activity: 462
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 05:29:12 PM

torshammer

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 05:49:26 PM

Hi All,

I disagree that devs should be worrying about PR and posting daily that would be a very bad idea. Ideas for a PR man to mediate announcements is a great idea.  If devs posted daily you will panic sell and let greed overcome your rational mind which is already happening too much. Good PR is way forward

Cheers  

This is absurd, that lack of communication is somehow the sign of devs being "the real deal".  Drop in on the btcd thread and your head will spin from the amount of involvement from jl777. Check the charts. Tell me you can still say the same with a straight face.

The cloak devs don't give a rats ass about communicating with their investors. You are in a deep state of denial if you are reading that as anything but arrogance and unprofessionalism.
szuwi

Activity: 160

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:21:07 PM

Totally agree on this. 

Anyone?

Alty is PM
mafia

Activity: 641
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:59:12 PM

anyone know how to get cloakcoin on raspbian?
batty634

Activity: 233

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:13:45 PM

we HAD a very good PR guy, coolstoryteller, he set up cloaktalk.org, but he's out of cloak ever since the audit.  
kinda like cloako,( the guy formerly with over 30k cloak ) he got disillusioned by the way the devs handled the whole thing and sold it all.
i just remember that line from the movie "jerry mcguire"  that goes like this : HELP ME HELP YOU !
I really hope the devs will embrace allyouracid's idea, and yes, all this turmoil COULD have been avoided.
it sucks to witness people like coolstoryteller and cloako go from one extreme to the other, when, if we'd just calm down the rewards could be life changing.......and it would really help investors calm down if we had an intermediary who knows his stuff.   cloak COULD eventually be in the the top 5, or better  Wink  but not never with this kind of PR          let's do this coin justice and fix this    

[/quote

I need to say my piece here. The dev team could do with someone dealing with communications however there's no way that they need a project manager. That's just a knee jerk reaction to the deadline slipping, please give the team some space and let them work. Giving them an ultimatum about accepting a PM is just impatient.

For some reason people think by owning a few cloak they can dictate to the devs, try looking at it from their perspective, they have put a lot of hard work and the people criticizing them have not.
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:47:56 PM

I need to say my piece here. The dev team could do with someone dealing with communications however there's no way that they need a project manager. That's just a knee jerk reaction to the deadline slipping, please give the team some space and let them work. Giving them an ultimatum about accepting a PM is just impatient.

For some reason people think by owning a few cloak they can dictate to the devs, try looking at it from their perspective, they have put a lot of hard work and the people criticizing them have not.
You seem to forget that those "knee jerkers" are the one who carry the whole project. What is a coin which noone owns? And regarding that, there are indeed some responsibilities towards the community. This has nothing, yeah, nothing to do with either dictating or knee jerking.

.edit:
Putting money into a coin IS work. Or do you think our money grows on trees? With money comes responsibility, so I think we can at least demand that tiny bit that we do demand...

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
Pages: « 1 ... 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 [879] 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 ... 953 »
  Print  

Jump to: