Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:58:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 [882] 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 ... 953 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CLOAK] Cloakcoin | No Premine | X13 | Decentralized Market and PoSA  (Read 1266168 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
btcgoldsilver

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

Bitcoins Gold Silver

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:19:57 AM

If Alty doesn't want a PR man thats his call I think we should respect that. He's the main man afterall. After suggesting it yesterday I later had doubts about the idea myself. Imagine one of the sharks gets into that position, abuse of power that could incur. In meantime I suggest people sell if they feel Cloak is finished, buy cheap cloak if you think its just getting started or what I'm doing, just be patient.

16ZodW6mxFkmxrCy5MSii7PLJ6VdfNknue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Darth0ne

Activity: 190
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:24:53 AM

In response to the constant talk of bad PR and bad management etc etc.

You can go round and round talking about things all day long, this isn't right or that isn't right but it doesn't change a single thing because actions speak louder than words.

I'll be more active once Cecil is here but until then... it's just wasted energy.

what is Cecil? what does it stand for?
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:28:26 AM

In response to the constant talk of bad PR and bad management etc etc.

You can go round and round talking about things all day long, this isn't right or that isn't right but it doesn't change a single thing because actions speak louder than words.

I'll be more active once Cecil is here but until then... it's just wasted energy.

Alty Q-As:

5: Well, the purpose of CECIL initially is to allow us to script together Ring Escrow and One Market by adding custom op codes so we don't have to hack together really complicated scripts from the basic op codes available but, since we are in there doing that anyway, it makes sense to add a couple more capabilities and then see what people come up. One of the most obvious things a community member could set up would be some sort of anonymous betting.

http://www.cloaktalk.org/t/cloak-development-q-a/275/11
Darth0ne

Activity: 190
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:34:59 AM

If Alty doesn't want a PR man thats his call I think we should respect that. He's the main man afterall. After suggesting it yesterday I later had doubts about the idea myself. Imagine one of the sharks gets into that position, abuse of power that could incur. In meantime I suggest people sell if they feel Cloak is finished, buy cheap cloak if you think its just getting started or what I'm doing, just be patient.

waht is this gibberish you're spouting..??

Alty is the PR guy.

And alty is not a coder. He is not a 'dev'. He is a pr guy. He coordinates the project. He should be more vocal.

And I thought clustercoin was a clusterfuck. Seems like Cloak is becoming the new clusterfuck coin of the month.

VPN, oh my god. that is so groundbreaking. I'm gonna throw 10K btc at cloak now because they have a VPN!  Grin

I feel bad for anyone who did not listen to me when I called the end of this coin a few months back. If there was just a better way to pick right and profit...

Hummm..

hmm how come i didnt hear aboout this "end of cloak" ?

Bob wants you to pay him before he shares.

oh, that's right...

i almost half considered it too.. giving bob some money to join his club.

sad thing is, it woulda payed off to have payed off Bob, just to know about the dump in advance.

I still believe in Cloak.. but I really coulda used $14,000+ USD i coulda have gotten for my Cloak.
that woulda got me out of debt, got my car back, oh well..

You must have missed it. But I was vocal once I realized that cloak had no future.

That is.. quite possible.

I remember it was way up, and I left town for a day or so, and when I came back CLOAK had begun it's crash.. i couldn't justify selling so "cheap" after seeing the ATH.. but it just kept dropping...
                                                                          and dropping....

eventually i had to sell those coins just to pay some basic bills.. that is all they could cover at that point.
btcspender

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 11:02:56 AM

I just figured it was a good idea to take a load off Alty, one thing less he has to worry about. For starters someone could be given access to moderation of this thread Alty shouldn't have to waste time with that. As suggested earlier anyone who wants to put their name forward for anything realizes some collateral goes in escrow for insurance. I'm sure Alty could use someone to delegate things to e.g thread moderation, answering minor queries.

Anyway I'm only here because I support the coin and the devs, I'm not here to criticize, just offering a few thing I think may benefit the coin and the community. I actually am not too fussed about the delay never really was, I posted not long after it telling people to chill out,I did think there was a mess up with communication but that's life nothing ever goes perfectly smooth. I think a PR team would just be a natural progression from the marketing team, as the coin gets bigger more people will be needed to take on roles, I see Alty as the leader of that team and he can just delegate to his minions. As is the nature of crypto it literally never sleeps, cloak will need people in all timezones handling different roles if it really takes off.
btcspender

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 11:32:47 AM

As some were interested in my current work on my trading suite: I'm doing some good progress (although it's still in its very, very early stage); started some frontend work recently to check out how the backend performs. I found AmCharts to be the best JavaScript charting/plotting lib; free for personal use plus a commercial license available.
Although the cloak graphs look quite depressing, heh.

.edit:
Resized preview picture.

.edit2:

Some details:
  • TYPO3.Flow application (as TYPO3 is quite uncommon in the US (people tend to use Drupal more, I guess): it's a content management system, and TYPO3.Flow is a framework. TYPO3.Flow is to PHP what Rails is to Ruby, to put it simple)
  • OOP/MVC coded backend which provides business logic, database connection, API calls etc
  • separate frontend which communicates with the backend

Planned features:
  • automated trading
  • technical analysis with different (maybe subscribable, not sure yet) trading strategies and alerts if events occured which are a clear signal to whatever trading strategy
  • way more graphs and charts: trading time, volume and price (and maybe some other factors) should be set into relation to kind of get an automated overview, such as e.g. "those famous 177 orders appeared again, get ready for the waves", although I'm not sure if that's a realistic target... short: it should show information about the market which we don't see in the charts on the exchanges
  • notifications (maybe via email) on big price movements

Currently, I'm trying to wrap my head around a possible solution for the API key problem. If others ever get to use this application, I definitely don't want to handle their API keys on  my server. Although I'm quite used to handling GNU/Linux servers (due to my work), there is always someone who has better skills. And explaining to people why their accounts are emptied is the last thing I want to do. Ever.

I would be interested in that, as I'm sure would many others.
yogibaer
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 11:45:30 AM

As some were interested in my current work on my trading suite: I'm doing some good progress (although it's still in its very, very early stage); started some frontend work recently to check out how the backend performs. I found AmCharts to be the best JavaScript charting/plotting lib; free for personal use plus a commercial license available.

.edit:
Resized preview picture.

.edit2:

Some details:
  • TYPO3.Flow application (as TYPO3 is quite uncommon in the US (people tend to use Drupal more, I guess): it's a content management system, and TYPO3.Flow is a framework. TYPO3.Flow is to PHP what Rails is to Ruby, to put it simple)
  • OOP/MVC coded backend which provides business logic, database connection, API calls etc

Planned features:
  • automated trading
  • technical analysis with different (maybe subscribable, not sure yet) trading strategies and alerts if events occured which are a clear signal to whatever trading strategy
  • way more graphs and charts: trading time, volume and price (and maybe some other factors) should be set into relation to kind of get an automated overview, such as e.g. "those famous 177 orders appeared again, get ready for the waves", although I'm not sure if that's a realistic target... short: it should show information about the market which we don't see in the charts on the exchanges

Currently, I'm trying to wrap my head around a possible solution for the API key problem. If others ever get to use this application, I definitely don't want to handle their API keys on  my server. Although I'm quite used to handling GNU/Linux servers (due to my work), there is always someone who has better skills. And explaining to people why their accounts are emptied is the last thing I want to do. Ever.

awesome work! I like it !
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:52:20 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2014, 02:26:55 PM by allyouracid

.edit:
Resized preview picture.

.edit2:

Some details:

Planned features:
  • automated trading

awesome work! I like it !
I would be interested in that, as I'm sure would many others.
Heh, thank you. Nice to see there is interest. But I cannot stress it enough: it's still in a very early stage of development - often, it doesn't look like that if basic UI is already implemented.
What's working right now:
  • Cryptsy API implemented completely (Bittrex, Mintpal, BTCe and maybe crypto-trade to follow)
  • fetching API data and storing prices (atm only for cloak for testing purposes) in database for analyzing historical data (API only gives something like the last 1000 trades back, which is about half a day, depending on trade activity)
  • first complex trading strategy implemented, using 5 SMAs (later: EMAs) and RSI
  • began writing my JavaScript library for trend indicators, most important ones are done
  • listing my open trades (sort- and searchable, a feature I'm missing very much e.g. on Cryptsy), option to delete (all or single) plus edit (remove and re-add) will be implemented this evening, I think

Next step is the implementation of security layer/user accounts Smiley

Nevertheless, I think it'll take at least some months to complete, as I'm developing alone, next to my everyday job. Smiley
Also, you will be able to see my full name, address/general contact data and everything an honest website has to deliver by law at any time (either on the website or by checking the domain record). Another point which I find highly annoying that people already had to get used to most services not offering their customers a way to find out who they're actually doing business with. A "normal" website not offering those details would be recognized as shady; not sure why in crypto we got that much used to it.

.edit:
Formatted post a bit for improved readability.
Also, I think, I'll open a separate thread as soon as this thing (current working title is "BitShit" ^^) moved towards a somewhat usable direction, so I can maybe get some ideas from the community regarding what might be useful to implement. Smiley

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
YourMother
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1046

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 06:48:38 PM

mintpal down for anyone else?

Yes, i just received a message from the technical support team. They told me that the shitcoin cloak crashed their servers. It had something to do with the level of dumpage that the coin suffered. Everything is now working fine and dandy though....

The absolute worst people in history, ranked by the wisdom of the crowd: "Vlad the Impaler", "Mihnea the Evil", "Ivan the Terrible" and "Evan the Instaminer".
allyouracid
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:24:41 PM

Yes, i just received a message from the technical support team. They told me that the shitcoin cloak crashed their servers. It had something to do with the level of dumpage that the coin suffered. Everything is now working fine and dandy though....
Hey buddy, how's the weather? Smiley

raizor

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

Some people just want to watch the world dance.

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:04:45 PM

Impressive stuff, allyouracid! I really wish the exchanges would make historical data available, even for a nominal fee. It looks good though, I'll be interested to follow its progress Smiley
allyouracid
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:11:04 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2014, 09:40:53 PM by allyouracid

Impressive stuff, allyouracid! I really wish the exchanges would make historical data available, even for a nominal fee. It looks good though, I'll be interested to follow its progress Smiley
Hey,

thank you for your kind words. One potential problem I see is the sheer amount of data which might add up after time. I cannot estimate how much that will be in the database. But for the moment, I'm coding locally with an Apache/MySQL webserver/database on my notebook, and I store data from one coin (development phase... no need to add more, yet) and only the open/close/high/low of every full hour to prevent me running out of disk space. Wink

However, Cryptsy has way more than 100 coins in their exchange, so I'm awaiting the data collection testing phase with agony and fear. ^^

Today, I did some frontend work and I partially implemented a user settings view and a view for trading with different options which are not provided by the exchanges. It already displays real data, but next time I get into JavaScript Wizard Mode, I'll have to provide the functionality which does all the magic. Smiley

Here is another screenshot; it'll be the last one here. I'll open up a thread soon (this weekend, maybe), but I have to spend some time with my wife first. She's a bit mad because she thinks I'm spending too much time on the computer. Well, actually, she's right. Kind of.

Click here for the image; I can't get this forum software to display the thumbnail of the screenshot
I see, I have to open a separate thread, as I don't want to hijack this one or people getting annoyed.

erok

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:16:43 PM

waht is this gibberish you're spouting..??

Alty is the PR guy.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... OMG ROFLCOPTERS ALL OVER THE UNIVERSE! LOL. That was the best joke I have heard all day. Thank you for that.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
allyouracid
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 11:04:27 PM

Ok, thanks for the info!
... he did not really get a message, he was just being cynical.

starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 11:49:46 PM

In response to Kωνσταντινoύπoλις talk of AAA and the worm etc etc.

You can go do whatever you want really, this is right and that isn't right but it doesn't blow me because you want to put a clock in the wrong place

I'll be more attentive once we've got our botox shipments but until then... it's just wasted time.

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:50:18 AM

So hows cloak doing guys?
cointrader83

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 03:15:44 AM

So hows cloak doing guys?

They development is on way. Patience!
dayandnight

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 03:53:26 AM

people need patience and dev is working hard.I thought it is a hard time but it is a good time to buy more
merc84

Activity: 799

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:18:52 AM

people need patience and dev is working hard.I thought it is a hard time but it is a good time to buy more

Yep hard at work in between 5days off...
LiberyOrDeath

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:49:49 AM

This thread is quiet, the CLOAK price is steady around 31-32 k.

The calm before the storm.

Let's see what the future brings.
Pages: « 1 ... 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 [882] 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 ... 953 »
  Print  

Jump to: