Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:03:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 [880] 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 ... 953 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CLOAK] Cloakcoin | No Premine | X13 | Decentralized Market and PoSA  (Read 1266168 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
btcspender

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:57:11 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 08:19:09 PM by btcspender

So that's two thing a few of us seem to agree on Redmine (project management software) and PR Manager, I guess it's up to the Devs to take the feedback onboard

That seems to be the case...There is a consensus among trusted members about these two matters - Redmine and PR Manager.

Now I know that devs are reading this thread - the ball is in their court now. Let's see if they are willing to include the representative of the community as a PR Manager.

If you check out the screenshot of yesterday's dasource's comments on IRC. He seems to agree that there should be a person in charge of announcements and PR - but he has the doubts that this person might abuse the position - and use it for his own advantage. This is a possibility - that's why we should choose the PR Manager carefully. We should nominate a few trustworthy members of the community and then vote.

we HAD a very good PR guy, coolstoryteller, he set up cloaktalk.org, but he's out of cloak ever since the audit.  
kinda like cloako,( the guy formerly with over 30k cloak ) he got disillusioned by the way the devs handled the whole thing and sold it all.
i just remember that line from the movie "jerry mcguire"  that goes like this : HELP ME HELP YOU !
I really hope the devs will embrace allyouracid's idea, and yes, all this turmoil COULD have been avoided.
it sucks to witness people like coolstoryteller and cloako go from one extreme to the other, when, if we'd just calm down the rewards could be life changing.......and it would really help investors calm down if we had an intermediary who knows his stuff.   cloak COULD eventually be in the the top 5, or better  Wink  but not never with this kind of PR          let's do this coin justice and fix this    

[/quote

I need to say my piece here. The dev team could do with someone dealing with communications however there's no way that they need a project manager. That's just a knee jerk reaction to the deadline slipping, please give the team some space and let them work. Giving them an ultimatum about accepting a PM is just impatient.

For some reason people think by owning a few cloak they can dictate to the devs, try looking at it from their perspective, they have put a lot of hard work and the people criticizing them have not.

I took it as an offer for some server access and software to help Alty keep things organized as project manager the whole dev going away and no one knowing spawned that idea. I also think someone handling PR is a great idea and can only be a plus and can free up Alty for major announcements and not have to micro manage all communications. i think both ideas are helpful and constructive and not meant as criticism or ultimatums.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
boestin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:33:32 PM

Totally agree on this. 

But the main question is:  Will the devs "allow" project management including a project manager?

Again, it's up to Alty or Dasource I think.

Anyone?

Boestin,

Dasource seems to be open to it - according to yesterday's IRC screenshot. He has doubts that this person might engage in acts that would profit himself. That's why we would need to set up somekind of security system. To have a trusted member of the community - elected by vote, and then if he is the real deal - we might ask him to put a certain amount of his CLOAK or BTC into a third party account that would be given back to him after his tenure. This way we would be sure that he would not dare to do anything against the community and profit himself.

So the next step would be

1. The idea of the so called "trusted" cloak member should be embraced by Alty (=TheDagger).  Alty, please say Yes or No to this  Smiley
2. Next we need some list of member who WE (community) think are trust worthy.
3. I don't think the list will be big. So someone needs to make a poll. The winner, who is also capable of making some extra hours in his own time, should be presented as the media guy.
4. People can donate Cloak to him.

I think this is truly the best for CLOAK for a start. Transparency is key here.
burnourdough

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:45:50 PM

For some strange reason I bought more cloak. Funny how much of these you could buy for so little these days.
batty634

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:55:17 PM

So that's two thing a few of us seem to agree on Redmine (project management software) and PR Manager, I guess it's up to the Devs to take the feedback onboard

That seems to be the case...There is a consensus among trusted members about these two matters - Redmine and PR Manager.

Now I know that devs are reading this thread - the ball is in their court now. Let's see if they are willing to include the representative of the community as a PR Manager.

If you check out the screenshot of yesterday's dasource's comments on IRC. He seems to agree that there should be a person in charge of announcements and PR - but he has the doubts that this person might abuse the position - and use it for his own advantage. This is a possibility - that's why we should choose the PR Manager carefully. We should nominate a few trustworthy members of the community and then vote.

we HAD a very good PR guy, coolstoryteller, he set up cloaktalk.org, but he's out of cloak ever since the audit.  
kinda like cloako,( the guy formerly with over 30k cloak ) he got disillusioned by the way the devs handled the whole thing and sold it all.
i just remember that line from the movie "jerry mcguire"  that goes like this : HELP ME HELP YOU !
I really hope the devs will embrace allyouracid's idea, and yes, all this turmoil COULD have been avoided.
it sucks to witness people like coolstoryteller and cloako go from one extreme to the other, when, if we'd just calm down the rewards could be life changing.......and it would really help investors calm down if we had an intermediary who knows his stuff.   cloak COULD eventually be in the the top 5, or better  Wink  but not never with this kind of PR          let's do this coin justice and fix this    

I need to say my piece here. The dev team could do with someone dealing with communications however there's no way that they need a project manager. That's just a knee jerk reaction to the deadline slipping, please give the team some space and let them work. Giving them an ultimatum about accepting a PM is just impatient.

For some reason people think by owning a few cloak they can dictate to the devs, try looking at it from their perspective, they have put a lot of hard work and the people criticizing them have not.
You seem to forget that those "knee jerkers" are the one who carry the whole project. What is a coin which noone owns? And regarding that, there are indeed some responsibilities towards the community. This has nothing, yeah, nothing to do with either dictating or knee jerking.

.edit:
Putting money into a coin IS work. Or do you think our money grows on trees? With money comes responsibility, so I think we can at least demand that tiny bit that we do demand...

I disagree, yes the community supports the coin by buying it, its ridiculous to compare this to development work. if you really wanted to help them offer the help behind closed doors, didn't you think about doing that?  Posting here only turns into a negative if they don't accept or respond.

Suggesting project management is not a tiny demand.
backdoorboy

Activity: 64

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:01:36 PM

never risk more than you can lose.. dont be greedy, its stupid. strong hands will benefit.. either way its been a great ride so far, essentially holding lots of coins with in a growing profit margin.. theres good reason to having so many coins to play. if you lose in this game or get emotional etc.. than its obvious that a broader market experience is key to succeeding. i for one diversified my capital in to crypto after many years of stocks and its been worth the effort. more so than conventional markets of late.
if youre holding cloaks for no cost, then good job and lets all be patient.. let the techies do their job. either way i for one have already made my target on cloak.. cloaks survival will be a great bonus.

long live cloak!
torshammer

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:02:20 PM

Just amazes me the lengths to which people are going to justify truly shitty behavior by the cloak team towards the investors. It's like Stockholm Syndrome, or the endless rationalization beaten wives come up with excusing their husbands.

Now there are three pages of proposed help solutions, all begging for someone from the team to respond. Response? Nada.

Look at any of the well-performing coins out there, there is true connection & synergy between investors and devs. None of this "we are too busy coding to give a shit about you".

The level of disdain and complete lack of business sense being shown here just flabbergasts me. My reaction is this: as soon as there is any life at all in the price, i will divest. Not because of the product - it could be great - but because the dev team is completely asleep at the wheel and clueless about basic business sense. Like it or not, this coin is going nowhere without competent management and PR. No matter how good the product they come up with, this glaring vacuum is a fatal flaw.
TheDagger (OP)

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:12:16 PM

In response to the constant talk of bad PR and bad management etc etc.

You can go round and round talking about things all day long, this isn't right or that isn't right but it doesn't change a single thing because actions speak louder than words.

I'll be more active once Cecil is here but until then... it's just wasted energy.
GambitBTC

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:16:34 PM

Anything i can do to help?
mimini0147

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:17:35 PM

You can go round and round talking about things all day long, this isn't right or that isn't right but it doesn't change a single thing because actions speak louder than words.

I'll be more active once Cecil is here but until then... it's just wasted energy.

There is some ppl want to help.
I think some help from community will be o ly good thing to the project. It's good for each, Cloak has a relative strong community, and this is very 'useful'.
 So please come down and think about that...

Ppl care about Cloak (or their own investment).
You can even take them as free/cheap worker, and i think many will accept it for their own investment

ChipMixer.com.|.Mixing reinvented for your privacy.|.ChipMixerwzxtzbw.onion
torshammer

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:20:28 PM

The core issue here is not the talk of bad management and Pr. It is the bad management and PR. It  would be helpful to address that.
CryptoAllDay

Activity: 578

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:24:49 PM

Thanks for the response alty.  I have to disagree that it's wasted energy though.   It keeps potential investors and current investors informed and in the loop and provides transparency that was once offered when cloak was climbing the crypto scene.  Even if it's just something simple as "our main dev will be gone for a few days and coding will resume when he's back so expect a small delay" would have avoided a lot of the problems we saw a few days ago.

With that being said... I am available to help with announcements or beta testing.  Just drop me a PM if you need anything.
btcspender

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:38:11 PM

Thanks for the response alty.  I have to disagree that it's wasted energy though.   It keeps potential investors and current investors informed and in the loop and provides transparency that was once offered when cloak was climbing the crypto scene.  Even if it's just something simple as "our main dev will be gone for a few days and coding will resume when he's back so expect a small delay" would have avoided a lot of the problems we saw a few days ago.

With that being said... I am available to help with announcements or beta testing.  Just drop me a PM if you need anything.

The same could be said for sales and marketing in any business, just let your product speak for itself, but they are useful, just as is PR. Cloak has a dedicated marketing team, why not dedicated PR? It just seems like a natural progression to me.

I think most of us just figure it would be one less thing for you to worry about while you are busy, let someone else handle some communication so you don't have to wear too many hats at the crucial times.
merc84

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:54:29 PM

You can go round and round with your terrible PR, blaming the community and late half assed announcements about things you should have informed everyone of many days ago and continue to alienate investors. If you want to make it right you need to eat some humble pie and start listening to your investors, get off your high horse accept you did wrong and maybe just maybe you could apologize for the numerous times you have handled a situation poorly and caused distrust in the community. Because at the moment you come across as arrogant and incompetent!
DentIt

Activity: 181
Merit: 19

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:57:42 PM

You could have just posted a picture of a giant middle finger instead of that text. Same message, even less "wasted energy".
darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:11:55 PM

You could have just posted a picture of a giant middle finger instead of that text. Same message, even less "wasted energy".
listen to the community alty. Wasted energy is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. Your actions have spoken volumes. Clean up your act.
BTCgraphics

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:17:24 PM

i see his point. What's he supposed to do, post 4 times a day saying "we're working on it" ?

But once a week would be cool
Synthrax

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:26:23 PM

i see his point. What's he supposed to do, post 4 times a day saying "we're working on it" ?

But once a week would be cool

What does it take to post ONCE a day?
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:43:27 PM

Communication is action. And if you take a look at the chart you see the re-action. And: This Price-Drop is not an irrational reaction. It is rational, because the market depends on trust. And trust depends on transparency. And since some weeks, there is a lack of communication and transparency.

And: It's more about the "how" than about the "how often".
cydernet

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:53:11 PM

Too many people here looking to make a quick buck and attitude that goes with it. If you had faith in this coin and the hard work the Dev's are putting into it you wouldn't care what the price is now. Don't invest if you cannot emotionally handle the ups and downs, life ain't a straight road. Leave the Dev's alone and let them concentrate on what they do best. All I hear from most of the community is constant whining yet you have the audacity to moan about PR. Clean you own act up before you criticise others cos you are your own worst enemy.
GambitBTC

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:56:02 PM

Too many people here looking to make a quick buck and attitude that goes with it. If you had faith in this coin and the hard work the Dev's are putting into it you wouldn't care what the price is now. Don't invest if you cannot emotionally handle the ups and downs, life ain't a straight road. Leave the Dev's alone and let them concentrate on what they do best. All I hear from most of the community is constant whining yet you have the audacity to moan about PR. Clean you own act up before you criticise others cos you are your own worst enemy.

Well put
Pages: « 1 ... 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 [880] 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 ... 953 »
  Print  

Jump to: