Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:48:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 [890] 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 ... 953 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CLOAK] Cloakcoin | No Premine | X13 | Decentralized Market and PoSA  (Read 1266168 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jon4x19

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:52:38 PM

Ok look guys I think everyone needs to get some perspective here. I don't normally post here but I'm just getting a bit fed up of all the irrationality and dev criticism. I think it should be made clear that THEY DO NOT OWE US ANYTHING. We are not shareholders, cloakcoin is not a company, this isn't even the dev's main job (I'm assuming...of course it might be, but that doesn't change my point). We are not their bosses. We are not investors in their company's stock. We are not on any board. We are not paying them. And before anyone says that we are 'indirectly' paying them by buying into the coin and increasing its price, that's only because they own some cloakcoins. So do a lot of people!

We are simply people who happen to have bought some of a currency that they are developing and improving. There is no requirement for them to do this, but they are doing it anyway. They don't answer to us. I agree that it sucks that the price is so low (full disclosure - I bought pretty near the top of the peak) and that a lot of people have lost money, but we all made a choice to buy this coin, the devs didn't force us to, they didn't even ask us to. I probably have more reason than anyone to start hating, given how much money I lost on the dump, but I'm fully aware that I chose my investments and it's not the devs' fault.

Any software developer will tell you that delays are part of the course. As I said, this is not a company with hard deadlines, it's most likely the dev's hobby, and they'll get it done when they get it done.

Let's all try to keep calm, shall we?
Actually we did pay them. Alty cashed out early on insider info then proceeded to shit through his fingers on twitter for a month. Where you been? They then gave us bullshit eta's which I now think they had no intention of meeting. They even went on IRC saying that the community "forced" them to give us that date. FUCK OFF with that. I was there. And we are essentially investors in their company's stock lol wtf are you talking about.

No, we're not. There is no company. There is no stock. There's only a currency that we have decided to buy some of. The devs have some too, sure. They may even have sold some early for a profit. So what? That's what everyone is in this for, to make a profit. I know it's tempting to think that we're some sort of important shareholders but we're not. Cloakcoin is supposed to be a currency, like the dollar, like the yen, and we've bought some. It was our choice.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dr.GoldfieldHwang

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:53:59 PM

Setting a date so early (10th September) was a mistake.

Why did that happen?

This was after discussion with the dev team brought on by the constant demands in the IRC and other channels.

From experience I would of been much more comfortable adding a couple of weeks to that date but stuck to the date we'd talked about as a team.

As a result of this error I'm not going to let it happen again.

When we have something you'll see it and I'll be avoiding the pre-hype that can lead to people dumping on release.

So if you were unsure of deadline..
WHY THE FUCK DID YOU TWEET ABOUT A SURGE ON CLOAK EXPECTED THE NEXT WEEK ON 7 SEPTEMBER SUNDAY WHEN THE "DEADLINE" WAS THE 10th SEPTEMBER.

TO THEN TELL US THAT DEV WAS NOT AROUND FROM FRIDAY THE 5th SEPTEMBER TO THE 10th, WHEN DEADLINE WAS REACHED.

ANYTHING TO EXPLAIN ?

Being unsure is good, taking time to post is good, but don't make hype on something that you are clealy unsure of..
You are the project leader, not bob surplus right ?
Because to me it looks like getting fooled on this.
Things you did and said just does not add up unfortunately at the moment.

This is really true, you are tweeting 3 days before launch about a surge in cloak. Then before the launch date you make up some bullshit about the dev being away. Then you go into hiding, and now you are blaming everyone else for not making the Sept 10th date that you outlined, you could have simply said mid-late september from the begining and given us constant updates

YOU ARE REALLY DROPPING THE BALL

7 days and 7 nights
miningfool

Activity: 213
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:02:16 PM

I really thought Cloak would be trading below 10k by now, drifting to 1k end of month.  But it has surprisingly held up rather well despite the nonstop FUD and negativity.

I believe that Cloak will be a 1 million satoshi coin come Christmas.
compumine

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:03:38 PM

Watching  Roll Eyes

*Image Removed*
CryptoAllDay

Activity: 578

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:21:53 PM

I really thought Cloak would be trading below 10k by now, drifting to 1k end of month.  But it has surprisingly held up rather well despite the nonstop FUD and negativity.

I believe that Cloak will be a 1 million satoshi coin come Christmas.

Exactly!  I don't know about 1 million satoshi but cloak is surviving despite some horrible conditions.  If handled the right way it has the possibility to make a comeback and surprise everyone.  Still so much potential that's recently been going to waste.
chinchs

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:14:02 PM

Ok look guys I think everyone needs to get some perspective here. I don't normally post here but I'm just getting a bit fed up of all the irrationality and dev criticism. I think it should be made clear that THEY DO NOT OWE US ANYTHING. We are not shareholders, cloakcoin is not a company, this isn't even the dev's main job (I'm assuming...of course it might be, but that doesn't change my point). We are not their bosses. We are not investors in their company's stock. We are not on any board. We are not paying them. And before anyone says that we are 'indirectly' paying them by buying into the coin and increasing its price, that's only because they own some cloakcoins. So do a lot of people!

We are simply people who happen to have bought some of a currency that they are developing and improving. There is no requirement for them to do this, but they are doing it anyway. They don't answer to us. I agree that it sucks that the price is so low (full disclosure - I bought pretty near the top of the peak) and that a lot of people have lost money, but we all made a choice to buy this coin, the devs didn't force us to, they didn't even ask us to. I probably have more reason than anyone to start hating, given how much money I lost on the dump, but I'm fully aware that I chose my investments and it's not the devs' fault.

Any software developer will tell you that delays are part of the course. As I said, this is not a company with hard deadlines, it's most likely the dev's hobby, and they'll get it done when they get it done.

Let's all try to keep calm, shall we?

When you manage a product with a market cap of more that 5M dollars is not just a hobby. When you lie to your shareholders just to hype, you loose credibility... I'm a shareholder, is my duty to know when to buy and when to sell, its all for profit, I bought at 20k, so i sold half of my coins, and I will hold the other half to see what happens, but not because I trust devs, just cause I think I can get some profit.
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:13:03 AM

Gotta say I absolutely love the Cloak brand? That alone is worth 5M imo.

You all need to give Alty aka thedagger some time to make it right.

A big reward awaits to those that are patient - or to those who can tolerate delays.

Say it with me now:

WE BELIEVE!
monkeydong1

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:04:14 AM

A big reward awaits to those that are patient - or to those who can tolerate delays.

Say it with me now:

WE BELIEVE!

Why not just say instead "CLOAKSTRONG" while you are at it.

Let's keep looking like fools giving excuse to anything we see, especially my own comments about Alty tweet followed by an obvious surge in price as alty said, to
then tell us that dev was not working well before he tweeted anyway.

Yea ! Let's believe and be retard even more !  Roll Eyes

You have an excuse to that part ? Please share it with us.

In my opinion, Alty does not deserve the right to be the team leader, actually he should be thrown out from the project for his actions, at least in a -normal world-
And if his team is real and aprove what Alty did, then they are not to be trusted either.
Right Dasource ? Right x11joe ? Right whoever ?

Bunch of scumbags.

To quote Alty : Words are shit, actions are louder.

No more comments..

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 03:10:32 AM

Say it with me now:

WE BELIEVE!

Let's keep looking like fools giving excuse to anything we see, especially my own comments about Alty tweet followed by an obvious surge in price as alty said, to

Perhaps it will please our Lord Alty if we post images of him wearing handsome cloaks?

Do not forsake us!  We pray you bless our humble cult with more crypto cargo.  And Soon.  Amen.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
monkeydong1

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:11:50 AM

Say it with me now:

WE BELIEVE!

Perhaps it will please our Lord Alty if we post images of him wearing handsome cloaks?

Do not forsake us!  We pray you bless our humble cult with more crypto cargo.  And Soon.  Amen.

So now people even offer blowjobs on top of it ?
Gotta be kidding.
I am glad for Alty that he is anonymous really.
I hope it stays that way, best move.
Be carefull not to get exposed.
Sinon, tu vas en manger des quenelles Smiley.

monkeydong1

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:29:18 AM

Setting a date so early (10th September) was a mistake.

Why did that happen?

This was after discussion with the dev team brought on by the constant demands in the IRC and other channels.

From experience I would of been much more comfortable adding a couple of weeks to that date but stuck to the date we'd talked about as a team.

As a result of this error I'm not going to let it happen again.

When we have something you'll see it and I'll be avoiding the pre-hype that can lead to people dumping on release.

So if you were unsure of deadline..
WHY THE FUCK DID YOU TWEET ABOUT A SURGE ON CLOAK EXPECTED THE NEXT WEEK ON 7 SEPTEMBER SUNDAY WHEN THE "DEADLINE" WAS THE 10th SEPTEMBER.

TO THEN TELL US THAT DEV WAS NOT AROUND FROM FRIDAY THE 5th SEPTEMBER TO THE 10th, WHEN DEADLINE WAS REACHED.

ANYTHING TO EXPLAIN ?

Being unsure is good, taking time to post is good, but don't make hype on something that you are clealy unsure of..
You are the project leader, not bob surplus right ?
Because to me it looks like getting fooled on this.
Things you did and said just does not add up unfortunately at the moment.

To remind people to be carefull.That quote should be enough.
If not here is an explanation :

Alty said on the deadline day (the 10th september I reckon) that his main Dev was not there from friday to tuesday, the release day.
From the 5th september to the 10th.
He also said that the release should take a few more days (which will most likely not happen).
The problem from that is that he made a tweet on sunday the 7th september saying something like : "Expect a surge in cloak coin next week Wink"

From this, price started to go back up, and obviously this was the main trigger of the rise.

So what to learn from it ?
That a fucking low life don't even try to hide the fact that he prolly already knew that developer was away, and used this to make some insider profit.

And if he did not, that tell a lot about their inside communication in the team, so I very doubt he did not know.
Just as he knew before about other problems in previous release.

I don't think it's a scam, but I can only see how they fool people and will prolly keep fooling people for personnal profit until -if ever- release happen.

If ever we get a onemarket, a supposed "true anonymous coin and trustless" before hell freeze over or someone else release all this in another coin.
Perhaps alty is making a new coin also ?
I mean you can expect anything from SCUMBAGS.

cointrader83

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:43:03 AM

I don't think it's really him.  
He always posts as thedagger and in June he was a newbie
So now he's alty and a senior member ?
You think it's him?

Alty-Live Crypto

https://twitter.com/CryptoPioneer
 Alty
@CryptoPioneer

Live Breath Eat Sleep Crypto

Be carefull I think this guy is not Alty. He always posted here as TheDagger. Why he change this account?

Mr Harrison

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:28:15 AM

[/quote]

Be carefull I think this guy is not Alty. He always posted here as TheDagger. Why he change this account?

[/quote]
Please read altys post history before going all stupid.
Starving_Marvin

Activity: 511

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:28:31 AM

Somebody please destroy this coin finally. So many lost a fortune because of the despicable devs. Fuck you, I'm starving!

k0rpa

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:33:35 AM

it shall rise again!
cointrader83

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:56:03 AM

it shall rise again!

Rise for what?
yogibaer
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:05:21 AM

Somebody please destroy this coin finally. So many lost a fortune because of the despicable devs. Fuck you, I'm starving!

LOL don't blame someone else for your bad money management and your decisions. Who told you to buy the tops and sell the lows? Wink
Starving_Marvin

Activity: 511

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:22:40 AM

LOL don't blame someone else for your bad money management and your decisions. Who told you to buy the tops and sell the lows? Wink

I didn't buy at the tops. I bought after the first crash (before it crashed even harder) so I didn't lose absolutely everything. I blame the dev for constantly lying and deceiving us. And myself for believing in a holy grail.

issie81

Activity: 760

CryptoZilla

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:27:28 AM

why are you being a prick? all the time you support Cloak and now join the Darkside?, i have been in this coin from the begin, and yess i also sold my coins rebought it with slight loss
If you want a quick buck i am very much sure there are other coins to satisfy your needs. I do believe in this coin, i support the idea and yess i even do support the Devs which built up a great coin with great pressure.
it all comes to the End i believe the CLOAK team have the best cards in hand, it's like poker they don't show off there cards:)
play or leave choice is your

k0rpa

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:29:27 AM

it shall rise again!

Rise for what?

this coin has poetential mainly cause of concept of onemarket, if it succeed than it shall rise no doubt in that
Pages: « 1 ... 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 [890] 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 ... 953 »
  Print  

Jump to: